Did you find this helpful?
Yes
48.8% (1202)
48.8% (1202)
No
3.7% (91)
3.7% (91)
Never put up irrelevant options, it's stupid and means that you won't get the results you created the poll for.
45.6% (1122)
45.6% (1122)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
The Banhammer and You: A User's Guide to the Forums

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 24 NEXT

S53:
Curious....does staff ever look at this thread or give any responses? I haven't seen any and would like them to address some of my posts, if possible. :)

Just send them private messages.

You can be suspended for different times than those too.

1 Day and 90 Days has happened.

Machines Are Us:

True, but they're not mentioned due to them being very rare. Krunk is only listing the ones you're most likely to see/ get. Same with the probations, 365 days has happened before but I've only seen it once, so it's not mentioned.

EDIT: Seems the probations are already mentioned on this thread.

EDIT2: Huh, so permeanent probation actually does exist. Interesting...

S53:
Curious....does staff ever look at this thread or give any responses? I haven't seen any and would like them to address some of my posts, if possible. :)

We do, or at least I do, but I think the other mods do occasionally check it. In any case, if there is no reply on a thread being locked, it's because they are rushing through it and honestly didn't have time to post a reply. This is usually do to a huge rush of "dumb" that occasionally explodes on the forums (dumb begets dumb). :P

Zombie_Fish:

Machines Are Us:

True, but they're not mentioned due to them being very rare. Krunk is only listing the ones you're most likely to see/ get. Same with the probations, 365 days has happened before but I've only seen it once, so it's not mentioned.

EDIT: Seems the probations are already mentioned on this thread.

Pretty much this.

Having been around for over a year, I have actually come across someone with a 365 day Suspension. I believe it was Random Argument Man (possibly suspended as a mistake, as the Suspension disappeared a week later), but I can't be too sure.

But yeah. Thanks for letting me know, but the scarcity of these kinds of Mod Wrath means that it's infeasible to put it up there. I will, however, make a comment on it on the OP.

Yeah, that one year probation thing was pretty interesting. I didn't know that could happen. I figured anyone that merited more than a 14-day probation just got a suspension of some kind. Why even give one that long? Is it an easy way to keep an eye on somebody, let them know they're under scrutiny? Just curious. Eternally curious.

Updates Ahoy!

22/7/09: Added section in Probations/Suspensions subtopic about obscure lengths of Mod Wrath.
22/7/09: Added subtopic on Tier 4. Thanks to Virgil for pointing this out.

Thanks, Lord Krunk, for this helpful thread. At least I know that I will actually be able to read the majority of the posts. I can't really decipher text acronyms well. Plus, I'm kind of sick of people intentionally misspelling words.

Lord Krunk:
Updates Ahoy!

22/7/09: Added section in Probations/Suspensions subtopic about obscure lengths of Mod Wrath.

Thanks for adding that Krunk, but could you mention the permanent probation as well? Just for claries sake.

On a side note: LOOK WHAT I CAN DO MA

User was put on probation for: </3. (26782009.02 days)

Lord Krunk:
Most of our moderators consist of the staff, who can be found easily by golden letters on their name, but the main ones of note are our voluntary 'Red Guards', the users wilsonscrazybed, nilcypher and the new addition to the 'Neighbourhood Watch', Alex_P. These people keep the hamsters running and as such, their word is law.

Just to let you know, Labyrinth has been made a Red Guard as well, now. You may want to edit that in at some point.

Zombie_Fish:

Lord Krunk:
Most of our moderators consist of the staff, who can be found easily by golden letters on their name, but the main ones of note are our voluntary 'Red Guards', the users wilsonscrazybed, nilcypher and the new addition to the 'Neighbourhood Watch', Alex_P. These people keep the hamsters running and as such, their word is law.

Just to let you know, Labyrinth has been made a Red Guard as well, now. You may want to edit that in at some point.

Wow, I did not see that coming.
EDIT: Odd, it isn't in the Posting Guidelines.

Knight Templar:

Zombie_Fish:

Lord Krunk:

Wow, I did not see that coming.
EDIT: Odd, it isn't in the Posting Guidelines.

I don't think anyone did. This is what SCAMola had to say on it (From another thread):

The infamous SCAMola:

Labyrinth:
I do magical things with 75x75 squares. Feel free to stick me on the list.

Also: No animation ability, and I work in Gimp.

Jesus Christ Lab! When the hell did you become a Red Guard?

I actually found out from that post. I just found it a very sudden addition, there was no warning of it.

Oh, and I doubt Kuliani has managed to edit the forum guidelines yet to include her. I think it only happened today. Give it time, I guess.

Zombie_Fish:

Lord Krunk:

Cool.

I'll have that her up in a jiffy.

I can haz moar updaetz?

23/7/09: Added Labyrinth to the Mod List. Thanks to Zombie_Fish for the heads-up.
23/7/09: Added 2 new terms to the Glossary: IMO and QFT.

EDIT: I just remembered, we now have an Aussie moderator!

Lord Krunk:

I can haz moar updaetz?

Well, you might want to do some digging and find out what getting banned does to your ability to post in our nice new groups.

Also, I'm pretty sure that I saw another new Red Guard somewhere with a Combine avatar. Or maybe that was just a side-effect of my eyes burning at the time. Who knows?

scotth266:

Lord Krunk:

I can haz moar updaetz?

Well, you might want to do some digging and find out what getting banned does to your ability to post in our nice new groups.

Also, I'm pretty sure that I saw another new Red Guard somewhere with a Combine avatar. Or maybe that was just a side-effect of my eyes burning at the time. Who knows?

When you said that, I immediately thought of Combined. I've checked his previous posts and, as luck would have it, his posts (at the end of every locked thread, no doubt)show sighns of Moderatory goodness.

No sign that he is a Red Guard, though. But his Twitter suggests that he might have been.

Lord Krunk:

scotth266:

Lord Krunk:

I can haz moar updaetz?

When you said that, I immediately thought of Combined. I've checked his previous posts and, as luck would have it, his posts (at the end of every locked thread, no doubt)show sighns of Moderatory goodness.

No sign that he is a Red Guard, though. But his Twitter suggests that he might have been.

This is all very strange, prehaps you should PM a mod to confirm some of it.

very helpful! thanks so much :D

Lord Krunk:

In fact, I was pretty sure that it was Combined... it's just that when I checked, he didn't have the Red Guard status. Perhaps he was trying it out and decided that it wasn't for him? Ah well: speculation is pointless.

Any word yet on what being banned does to your group priveleges?

Lord Krunk:
Snip for attention.

Zombie-Fish asked about what being banned does to your group chat privileges in the Tech Team chat, and Virgil posted this:

I'm not sure exactly how it's working right now, but the intent is that they'd work the same as the PM system. If you're on probation or suspended, groups still work (since the admins can ban you from the group directly). If you're banned permanently, then no group chat either.

Delmar confirmed this shortly afterward. So there you go. You can haz moar updatez.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

scotth266:

Lord Krunk:
Snip for attention.

Zombie-Fish asked about what being banned does to your group chat privileges in the Tech Team chat, and Virgil posted this:

I'm not sure exactly how it's working right now, but the intent is that they'd work the same as the PM system. If you're on probation or suspended, groups still work (since the admins can ban you from the group directly). If you're banned permanently, then no group chat either.

Delmar confirmed this shortly afterward. So there you go. You can haz moar updatez.

Thanks very much for the help, I'll add that to the next update.

Why does it say you where "Banned for this post" at the end of the article?

The infamous SCAMola:
Why does it say you where "Banned for this post" at the end of the article?

It's just a joke you can do with BB Code.

User was banned for giving away the secret.(Permanent)

See?

I wasn't kidding.

Oh dear...

Hmm, I PM'd Ultrajoe (after I noticed his blue name), and it appears as though he is, in fact, a Mod.

Updates soon.

Lord Krunk:
Hmm, I PM'd Ultrajoe (after I noticed his blue name), and it appears as though he is, in fact, a Mod.

Updates soon.

Maybe its just a trial period? I think this because I can see no title of Red Guard.
This is all somewhat exciting, new mods from new time zones, even if they are only one or two hours out from wilsonscrazybed time zone it's still a good thing.

Knight Templar:

Lord Krunk:

Updates soon.

Maybe its just a trial period? I think this because I can see no title of Red Guard.
This is all somewhat exciting, new mods from new time zones, even if they are only one or two hours out from wilsonscrazybed time zone it's still a good thing.

Bear in mind that The Escapist is an American company, which puts them about 14 hours away from the rest of the staff then it is very exciting. Also, I noticed the lack of Red Guard status as well on Ultrajoe. Wonder why?

Oh, and I've PM'd Kuliani asking him to add Labyrinth to the list of mods in the posting guidelines now.

Knight Templar:

Lord Krunk:

Updates soon.

Zombie_Fish:

Knight Templar:

Lord Krunk:

Updates soon.

Bear in mind that The Escapist is an American company, which puts them about 14 hours away from the rest of the staff then it is very exciting. Also, I noticed the lack of Red Guard status as well on Ultrajoe. Wonder why?

Oh, and I've PM'd Kuliani asking him to add Labyrinth to the list of mods in the posting guidelines now.

I can answer that. He chose not to have the title, as The Ultra Joe is blue and not red. He is, however, just as much a Mod as the others.

this was very helpful

i found it to be more in depth than the guidlines provided by the escapist

Lord Krunk:

Updates soon.

Both Ultrajoe and I are now mods. It's a recent thing.

The recent influx of new moderators fills me with glee. I hadn't seen that UltraJoe was part of the guard now too, but it's a good thing.

More moderators in other time zones is a good thing.

scotth266:
The recent influx of new moderators fills me with glee. I hadn't seen that UltraJoe was part of the guard now too, but it's a good thing.

More moderators in other time zones is a good thing.

Yeah. I've had a lot of people say that.

Quite a bit of info to look over but overall quite useful. I wish more people would read stuff like this. I hope some day I'll be able to earn more of the non-moderator wrath badges. Though knowing me I'll eventually say something stupid with out thinking. xD

Woah that's a tight ship you run there, I'm impressed ^_^

Ok, added Labyrinth and Ultrajoe to the list of mods in the Posting Guidelines thread. Ultrajoe actually wanted to keep his forum title instead of taking the Red Guard title, if anyone was wondering.

An enjoyable read?! But...you have cake!
OT: Yep, this is pretty damn helpful. It should be a mandatory read for all new escapists, including me!
EDIT: Sniff...i feel left out. All those pretty gold stars.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 24 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here