Zomg, More Mods!

I'd like to introduce you all to another two new members to our moderation team who have largely have found both their feet and the moderation tools.

First is Fappy, who of course you all know and love already. Obviously he's new to being a moderator, but is a long established member here and should fit right in.

Second is Freyr, who you don't know but might have seen about already. He worked with me for about a decade on the FileFront network, finishing as a Network Administrator when the network closed recently. I am happy to say he's accepted my invitation to join the team here as a moderator, and in thanks I am assigning him to look after Gaming Industry Discussion.

Like me he strongly believes in freedom of speech, and has plenty of experience dealing with all types of users. Obviously he's new here and is still finding out where things are, but he's been a moderator for quite a while and so should fit right in. As with the other couple of people I have brought over from my old team he's pretty cool headed and prefers to settle things by having a quiet word before handing out infractions.

Anyway, I hope you'll give both Fappy & Freyr a warm welcome!

I, for one, welcome our new moderator overlords!

Glad to have you on board.

Even if Fappy changed his avatar again and is no longer Mao again. Yes, despite this, I would still welcome him as a moderator. You can't say I'm not fair, now, can you?

Given Fappy's current choice of avatar, I think all his mod voice posts should start with "hOI!!!!!! i'm fAPPY!!".

Anyway, welcome both of you. I'm sure y'all both do mighty fine in that role.

Welcome to hell, Fappy and Freyr. You'll learn to hate the R&P sub-forum as much as I did, no doubt.
And congratulations on actually getting a moderator sub-title. I was never given one when I came back as a moderator.

Thanks n0e!

Katherine Kerensky:
Welcome to hell, Fappy and Freyr. You'll learn to hate the R&P sub-forum as much as I did, no doubt.
And congratulations on actually getting a moderator sub-title. I was never given one when I came back as a moderator.

I hated R&P looooong before becoming a mod ;D

Zombie_Fish:
Given Fappy's current choice of avatar, I think all his mod voice posts should start with "hOI!!!!!! i'm fAPPY!!".

I should get Mud to make me a Temmie avatar that gradually vibrates her face off of the avatar, all the way to the edge of the screen XD

Is that possible? I hope so.

DoPo:

Even if Fappy changed his avatar again and is no longer Mao again. Yes, despite this, I would still welcome him as a moderator. You can't say I'm not fair, now, can you?

He was kind of a placeholder while I looked for a new one. When I got pubclub again it automatically changed my avatar to the last 115x115 I used, which I didn't really like anymore.

Katherine Kerensky:

I think of it as job security. ;)

Fappy:
it automatically changed my avatar to the last 115x115 I used, which I didn't really like anymore.

Well I don't like you any more, how about that? How does that make you feel?

Fappy:

Zombie_Fish:

I should get Mud to make me a Temmie avatar that gradually vibrates her face off of the avatar, all the way to the edge of the screen XD

If you do that, though, I'd like you again.

..OK, I do like the Temmi avatar, though.

Fappy:

I can certainly think of a few ways one could make that work.

DoPo:
..OK, I do like the Temmi avatar, though.

How could someone possibly not like an avatar that has such a deep history?

It's always nice to see a long-term member become a mod. Best of luck, Fappy... and don't forget to feed my cat BTW. You did kill me for my mod powers and the fat thing is starting to get hungry.

Katherine Kerensky:

That's always been a bit weird, because some people get to keep that title even after they're no longer a mod (such as Zombie_Fish).
Seems weird.

Elfgore:
It's always nice to see a long-term member become a mod. Best of luck, Fappy... and don't forget to feed my cat BTW. You did kill me for my mod powers and the fat thing is starting to get hungry.

Ghosts can operate keyboards? I guess if it was a ghost keyboard...

*flashes back to Pusha T for some reason* Awesome! The more, the merrier...

Other than that, I do enjoy seeing fellow users become mods...

Oh great, more people to oppress and censor this evil bastion of opinions I disagree with.

Nah, jokes :P Welcome to the site Freyr and congrats to Fappy, always cool to see old farts well-established users get given Mod status. Have fun, I'm sure you guys will do a fine job!

Fappy:

Elfgore:

Sure. Well, not literally they don't really tap on the keys, but they can send electric signals down the wire that would mimic the signals passed by keystrokes. Ghosts are, after all, inherently electomagnetic, hence why you can detect them by scanning for electromagnetic fields.

Fappy:

Elfgore:

They can communicate on the Internet, but they require a different text encoding scheme. Instead of ASCII, they send messages encoded in SPOOKI. It's like base13.

IceForce:

Katherine Kerensky:

That's always been a bit weird, because some people get to keep that title even after they're no longer a mod (such as Zombie_Fish).
Seems weird.

There isn't any standard from what I've seen. I suspect the reason they gave me this title was simply because someone thought it would be a neat idea. And I agree entirely with that point[1].

[1] In case anyone didn't know, I personally didn't ask for or expect this title when I left.

Wait, didn't Asgard commit mass suicide? How did you survive, Freyr?

Zombie_Fish:
In case anyone didn't know, I personally didn't ask for or expect this title when I left.

Wa-a-a-ait, are you saying

DoPo:

Zombie_Fish:
In case anyone didn't know, I personally didn't ask for or expect this title when I left.

Wa-a-a-ait, are you saying

I've not played any of the Deus Ex games so I don't understand the reference, but yes, that is correct.

Freyr:

Katherine Kerensky:

The R&P sub-forum, you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Even as a poster, I can only handle the occasional foray into R&P. My sanity can only handle so much abuse. Even the people I agree with make me mad.

That's also why I rarely go into the Game Industry sub-forum. So, uh... Good luck with that one, bud.

Zombie_Fish:
I've not played any of the Deus Ex games so I don't understand the reference

Then let me enlighten you. Mostly because I don't actually like that reference. First off, the idea is that Adam Jensen, the main character of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, was modified and "enhanced" with various gadgets without his consent. By "modified and enhanced" I mean that most of his body was replaced and he's pretty much a cyborg. When it comes to "without his consent", it was only done because he would have literally died if it wasn't for this - his injuries were really severe.

It's somewhat of a gag (out of game) that Adam doesn't like this and was against the process. Only, you know, after he woke up and was living.

What I don't like is that that's not actually in-game. OK, sure you are free to choose if Adam embraces enthusiastically his situation or grudgingly accepts it and thinks of it as more of a burden. But it's not that pronounced. That single line is used. Once. You can employ it exactly one time and it's not even in an important conversation - it's a minor optional side thing with a character that, if I remember correctly, you don't even talk to again for the rest of the game. It's not like you say "I never asked for this" to your boss, who was the one who subjected you to the procedure.

Overall, that meme is a bit stupid, since it misrepresents the actual game.

I'm late to the party (again) but ... congrats to Fappy & Freyr, you guys earned your roles :)
Hopefully everyone treats you guys well because sometimes it can get rough, I assure you ... but you wouldn't of gotten the positions otherwise if you couldn't handle it, right? ^_^

Welcome to the job, Fappy and Freyr.

May your rule be long, just, unopposed and ruthless.

All hail the new overlords!

Hmm, not sure if I trust that Freyr guy...

:p

RadioActiveLobster:
Hmm, not sure if I trust that Freyr guy...

:p

Yay, great to see a familiar face. Thanks for coming over from GameFront- we'll have to see if we can come up with a "I survived GameFront" badge or something for long term members migrating across to here.

Major_Tom:
Wait, didn't Asgard commit mass suicide? How did you survive, Freyr?

Sadly, yep. Went out with a bang though! (excluding the ones in Stargate Atlantis)

I survived due to a combination of technobabble, handwavery, plot armour and benefiting from the people shooting at me having studied at the imperial school of markmanship. ;)

Saltyk:

Freyr:

Katherine Kerensky:

The R&P sub-forum, you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Even as a poster, I can only handle the occasional foray into R&P. My sanity can only handle so much abuse. Even the people I agree with make me mad.

That's also why I rarely go into the Game Industry sub-forum. So, uh... Good luck with that one, bud.

Yup, discovered that already!

Still, you know what they say. Any easier and it wouldn't be fun and all that.

Ah, two more moderators. Good. Welcome.

EscapeGoat:
Oh great, more people to oppress and censor this evil bastion of opinions I disagree with.

Freyr:
I survived due to a combination of technobabble, handwavery, plot armour and benefiting from the people shooting at me having studied at the imperial school of markmanship. ;)

Indeed.
good thing low post content rule no longer applies

Mod thread? Um. Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this question. Who would I speak to make a request for a sticky on a thread?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here