PC Frame Rate Monitoring

I just started "The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux" on PC and had Fraps going to see what my 3 Gig HD7970 could do on Ultra settings and I got a nasty gram saying Fraps tends to crash these type of games. It also said something about a windows program to use instead.

Do you do the frame rate monitor sorta thing? What are you using to do it?

Your advice is appreciated.

You can use MSI Afterburner.

Also, if you have the game on Steam, there's an option for frame rate monitoring in Settings > In-game.

Sorry to bother you, but this seems to be the only thread I can find to ask my question. Recently I recorded a gameplay video with Fraps the very popular fps monitor software you guys know, and later found it was too big, (the video length is just 10 minutes but the output is near 2G).So I downloaded this software as you can see (http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/compress-fraps-videos.html) to help me compress Fraps videos. But after conversion, the original AVI file got converted into MP4 and I found there was some kind of quality loss and the frame rate also dropped a little. I want to know if you guys know any better parameter settings which can make it look better.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here