Help please... Coolermaster pro case 5 vs Kraken X41

Hi peeps.

Building a new PC and deciding what cooler to place in it.

REALLY love the look of the Kraken X41. I have a question though before I decide to buy.

I've got a coolermaster Mastercase 5 pro with the added radiator bracket for the top and cover.

Now, it says it supports radiators of 240mm to 280mm. Could I fit the Kraken's 140 mm radiator in there? I presume it has simply enough space IN the bracket to support "double" radiators to the Kraken's single 140mm radiator?.

Here's the bracket...

http://www.cmstore.eu/case/accessories/cooler-master-mastercase-5-cooling-bracket/

I could put it in the rear, but I kinda fancy having the Kraken's radiator and fan in the top of my case.

Can anyone advise? It got a little confusing at Coolermasters website and I'd like some help.

Thanks for anyone who checked this, it's OK now.

After doing a little more research and speaking to some forum peeps I trust, I have been soundly advised that my intentions are going to be well covered by a coolermaster air cooler.

So, worry over.

For those interested, my new PC collection of parts is complete and... next week, I shall begin building.

Wish me luck (this will be replacing my current I7-920 system that is pushing 10+ years old)

KaraFang:

For those interested, my new PC collection of parts is complete and... next week, I shall begin building.

Wish me luck (this will be replacing my current I7-920 system that is pushing 10+ years old)

Best of luck. I have an I7-930 that's about 9. It has a new RX 480 and is serving as a media tower in the family room and can run games but when it dies,which could be at any time, my office computer (6 year old I7-2600K) will rotate in and I'll have to do my next build. I have never liquid cooled as I hear there are 2 types: those that will leak now and those that will leak later! I don't over-clock so, it shouldn't be necessary.

Well, I did it and it all seems to run fine... only thing is, I haven't yet run a game (other than Dishonoured) and the one I did run (Dishonoured) didn't cause the GPU fans to start spinning. LOL

Anyway. New specs... for the forseeable future.

Coolermaster Mastercase 5 pro - (She's gorgeous! and fans are quiet....)
I5 7600K - running at stock for the moment (I'm bedrocking, and I don't even know if I WANT to OC)
Coolermaster 212X - (HUGE aircool fan... actually not hard to fit surprisingly. Also SILENT so far...)
Gigabyte Z270X-Ultra gaming board - (REALLY like this board, nice layout, good socket positions, lack of unrequired guff... nice)
16 Gig Vengeance DDR4 (dual channel, XMP on)
Sound - Mboard (the Realtek 1220 is a DAMN good sound channel... I was going to get a Soundcard, I "May" decide to keep board based)
GPU - Palit Jetforce 1070 - (this thing is HUGE! Good job I screwed it in tight! Also good thing the Z270 has reinforced PCI sockets)
Samsung evo 850 250 gig - (OS drive)
2 TB Seagate 7200 drive. - (storage)
1 DVD/RW drive (you never know when this thing is useful... and sometimes it actually IS!!)
Windows 10.

So, we shall see how she fares.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or