microphone not working

I have tried everything I could find on internet, most troubleshooting doesn't seem to work. I don't understand

-I have verified the volume, the driver (for sound card), the correct port.
Window doesn't seem to pick it up.

I am using win 7 and a regular desk micro

what is this

Siyano:
I have tried everything I could find on internet, most troubleshooting doesn't seem to work. I don't understand

-I have verified the volume, the driver (for sound card), the correct port.
Window doesn't seem to pick it up.

I am using win 7 and a regular desk micro

Have you tried reinstalling drivers or looking for alternate ones? This sometimes helps if the current install is corrupt or if it doesn't support the mic itself for some reason. Have you tried hooking the mic up to an another PC? That's usually a good, quick way to make sure the mic itself actually works. I'm afraid I can't offer much beyond these general tips as I'm no expert and this seems like a fairly general description of the issue. For example, how is the mic not working? Does it fail to show up in the recording devices menu, or does it simply fail to record? Something else perhaps?

This just occurred to me, some mics have a switch on them that lets you turn them on and off as needed. If you do have one like that on your mic, you've probably made sure it's in the "on" position before proceeding further, but it might still be a good idea to check. Sometimes it's the obvious stuff that gets you.

Either way, good luck getting it to work!

You want to start basic when it comes to troubleshooting. Follow the most logical steps in order:

Go to your Control Panel-->Sound-->second tab 'Recording'

Do you see your device?

You likely do, so the next step is to see if your program can detect your mic.

driver? Im not even sure there one beside the one window install for the sound card, also I dont really have quick access to a computer I can use to test it on another

I already done most of the basic troubleshooting, and most of them doesnt work
I see the icon, the computer "detect it" but I just seem I can't use it

Is your mic analog or USB? If analog, is it plugged into the correct port?

analog, and yes, obviously it in the right spot

Go to your mic properties, does it look like this?

Are you plugged into the front or the back? And it's enabled?

Also, do you have any other microphones to test out with?

plugged from rear, enable
unfortunatly no other mic to test

anyone? no guess?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook