Gaming Discussion is open for business!

Thanks to a decline in the volume of spam in recent weeks, along with our new moderators bluegate and Redlin5 coming onboard, we've decided it's time to reopen Gaming Discussion. Enjoy!

I've noticed the lack of spam days before this announcement.

So what's gonna happen to all the Threads in the Games Industry that are not in theme with the forum?

Samtemdo8:
I've noticed the lack of spam days before this announcement.

So what's gonna happen to all the Threads in the Games Industry that are not in theme with the forum?

I'm sure all the posters will be banned for making so many off topic threads in it.

For a newcomer/returner, what constitutes a 'decline?' I've seen the forum get blasted at least twice in the last 24 hours (Though the mod response time is admirable).

Samtemdo8:

Looks like all the threads got moved back.

GID is back to being the 'Gamergate Forum' again. Happy days.

DefunctTheory:
For a newcomer/returner, what constitutes a 'decline?' I've seen the forum get blasted at least twice in the last 24 hours (Though the mod response time is admirable).

iirc, bots were spamming with such ferocity that they were filling all 20 pages of Gaming Discussion within about half an hour. ie: they were spamming faster than the mods could get rid of them.

Although the current situation is still not ideal, there has most definitely been a noticeable decline from how bad it once was.

IceForce:

DefunctTheory:

iirc, bots were spamming with such ferocity that they were filling all 20 pages of Gaming Discussion within about half an hour. ie: they were spamming faster than the mods could get rid of them.

Although the current situation is still not ideal, there has most definitely been a noticeable decline from how bad it once was.

Well, that puts it in perspective.

DefunctTheory:

IceForce:

DefunctTheory:

Well, that puts it in perspective.

Yay. It's over. No more digging through threads about Gamergate to try and find actual threads.

I'm not sure what Gamergate actually was, but I'm happy to remain blissfully ignorant and avoid thinking about it.

EDIT - PS: Good job, peeps.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here