Nioh is coming to PC in November

Pages PREV 1 2

Ezekiel:
The cover system is fine. You're pedantic.

What you want is unrealistically bad accuracy and stopping power just to validate two-handed weapons, when the carry system already does that. I don't need RNG shit in my run and gun shooter.

Besides, you're using footage from a player who is really, really good at the game, who can aim faster and converse pistol ammo better than most players.

Only the corners of the corner cubicles have tops that destruct. When they do, you can move to the side and Max will crouch.

Freaking Hitman Absolution has a better cover system.

Good shooters don't have any RNG, bullet deviation is the worst.

It's not hard to mouse over the heads of enemies rather quickly.

Yes, and then when Max retakes cover, he stands straight up like an idiot waiting to get headshot.

Wrex Brogan:

CritialGaming:

Wrex Brogan:
Cool, hope you enjoy getting bodied by the 3rd boss as much as I did.

*grumble grumble* stupid stacking paralysis debuff *grumble grumble*...

Try dodging. :)

Can't dodge while PARALYZED!

EDIT: Though, to be fair, she is designed to body players, given she's the first enemy to use paralysis, one of the first to use status debuffs, and unlike everything else you fought before her is incredibly fast and can fly while also using a quick-firing ranged attack. She's the first thing you fight that actually needs appropriately-timed dodges, wheras everything else you can just mash buttons and hope for the best.

Still, can't dodge while stunned! Dammit!

If you dont get hit, you dont get paralyzed :P. On a serious note though, there are items you find in her stage that will make you resistant to paralysis and make it harder for her to mess you up if you make mistakes.

Can't wait for this. I'm so glad to finally see one of the Sony exclusives I actually give a damn about, break free and find it's way to my platform. Now if only Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn and that superpower/electric openworld one came out I'd be very pleased!

Microsoft can just keep Forza 7, don't want that micro-transacted shit ported to PC. Oh...wait!

What other exclusives would be great to come on PC? I still remember how excited I was for Dragons Dogma coming out on PC.

Didn't like the British prison, but now that I'm on the Japanese coast, I'm starting to enjoy myself. The combat feels alright. He moves more like an actual martial artist than in Souls. The finisher is a nice touch.

I skipped the cutscenes and tutorial. Just can't be bothered. Does this game have a good story?

Runs well so far. I thought I'd have to lower the res to 1920x1080 with my GTX 780, but I'm getting a really good framerate at 2560x1440.

What I kind of don't like, and it relates to Souls too, is how you need to be extremely careful not to step too far and aggro a bunch of enemies at once. (Edit: I guess that's what throwing stones is for?) I also wish healing items were more common. I don't like going low in the beginning of an area and knowing I'm not gonna make it.

Ugh... I suck at this game. I've been on the coast far too long.

Nice, a droppable latter shortcut. The exploration is good.

It's really annoying how health items work. I should have backed up my save file.

Wtf, why do the bosses keep taking SO MUCH of my health? Like 90 percent. I'm fighting the fiery one in the ship. I barely take any of his HP before all my healing items are gone or before he one-shots me with that spinning attack.

Ezekiel:
Wtf, why do the bosses keep taking SO MUCH of my health? Like 90 percent. I'm fighting the fiery one in the ship. I barely take any of his HP before all my healing items are gone or before he one-shots me with that spinning attack.

You are being to aggressive, get a couple of hits per opening and then back away. Think Dark Souls with faster attack combos.

Plunking cheap shots into his face with the bow helps too. That and when you've got it whittled down to a third health pop your living weapon and that should be enough to finish it. Cutting your armor weight down until the numbers turn blue helped as well. Can't soak the damage so be nimble instead.

Was on the bastard forever myself but most of that was spent farming arrows and elixirs from the trash mobs on the way in between attempts.

I save-scummed that boss. Didn't really need to, though. I only went through half my healing items.

As a mono sword user, is there ever a reason to use the Y attack? Aside from performing finishers on downed enemies?

Just beat the fucking bitch in the deep cave. That's what I called her, out loud, as I was fighting her. I don't know how I'd have the patience to play this without save-scumming at bosses. Having to farm healing items after every failure would piss me off so much. It was a good level, though.

Edit: Oh, you get more minimum heals by collecting kodama. I have five now. I might not have to save-scum after all. I still had a few heals left when I beat the bitch.

Ezekiel:
I save-scummed that boss. Didn't really need to, though. I only went through half my healing items.

As a mono sword user, is there ever a reason to use the Y attack? Aside from performing finishers on downed enemies?

As you invest your skill points into sword you can unlock techniques for the Y button, but most of them involve High Stance which I almost personally never use.

Additionally finding more Kodama in the region will increase the number of elixirs the shrines give you when you pray or rez at them (up to a max of ten). So it is worth finding all the kodama you can, not to mention the more you gather the stronger their blessing provides up to a max of 40% of a given buff.

Tried it.

Controls and animates like absolute shit.

Gave up in disgust before even getting through the intro prison level.

I wonder if I'll ever make a thread about a game Zhukov won't speak so negatively of.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here