Star Wars Battlefront 2 (the original one) updated, reactivates multiplayer

Title says it all really, the original Star Wars Battlefront 2 has just been updated with a new update that has reactivated its multiplayer (and also renamed it "Star Wars Battlefront 2 (Classic, 2005)"). I must say that this is a pleasant surprise.

Shame it's so damn laggy, and decides not to work half the time.

Pleased to hear that! I look forward to finally trying it out.

Gonna add to this that Star Wars: Empire at War also got patched for Steamworks and is a blast to play online again. Only issue is that passwording a room seems totally broken so I hope you enjoy using the boot button. Seems that all of the Star Wars games on Steam have been getting some patches since the last Humble Bundle.

oh...so that is why I randomly got a 3 GB patch for this ancient game.

neat.

Leg End:
Gonna add to this that Star Wars: Empire at War also got patched for Steamworks and is a blast to play online again. Only issue is that passwording a room seems totally broken so I hope you enjoy using the boot button. Seems that all of the Star Wars games on Steam have been getting some patches since the last Humble Bundle.

...Too bad the GOG version of EaW didn't get the same treatment. Why it got the shaft while Battlefront II was updated for both versions is beyond me.

Still, it's more support than I thought we'd ever see from the likes of Disney/EA. Hell, it's more than we ever got during the latter days of LucasArts.

Neverhoodian:

Leg End:

...Too bad the GOG version of EaW didn't get the same treatment. Why it got the shaft while Battlefront II was updated for both versions is beyond me.

Apparently getting GoG games to use Steams multiplayer functionality is a chore they were only willing to do once.

DefunctTheory:

Neverhoodian:

Leg End:

Apparently getting GoG games to use Steams multiplayer functionality is a chore they were only willing to do once.

BF2 classic can crossplay with gog and steam atleast

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here