What games are you playing?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

I thought a thread like this might bring a little life back to the forum. We had one like it on Gametrailers. You just write something about your current games, and other users might reply. Some of us play so many different games that it's not worth making threads about them. This thread is for those.

I'm replaying Horizon: Zero Dawn on Ultra Hard, and well... it's a pretty tough ride. In a good way.

I also got Dragon's Dogma for the PS4 for my birthday, so I'll be dippin' back into that some time soon as well.

I was playing Far Cry Primal but I got frustrated and frankly, the game just wasn't good enough to be worth the frustration.

So with October/Halloween season being here, scary was in order so I went with the shortest of my scary games in Telltales The Walking Dead Season 3.

Once I cut through that, I will probably decide between my other two scary games on backlog with Alien Isolation or The Evil Within.

Bit of Sky Rogue bit of Baja: Edge of Control. Just waiting for the day when Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown finally drops and I can bask in its glory. I will not be worthy of that game, but I'll do everything I can to get it anyway.

And I'm also waiting on that 90s Super GP. That looks like a good one, too. If it ever comes out.

I recently found out that Prey had a demo on steam so I downloaded it and instantly picked it up. If those goofuses had a demo on steam from jump, they would have had my dollar on day one.

I was on the fence because no matter how much I tried to get into Dishonored, the floaty feel to the gameplay and art style were a serious turn off. I have no such issues with Prey. The gameplay feels rock solid and the autonomous game play within is some of the best I've ever experienced. Its also beautiful and has some pretty amazing sound/music design. I really wish I'd gotten it day one. I'd probably be somewhere around my third playthrough by now. I'm already planning what my future playthroughs are going to be like.

It doesn't beat RE7 and Hollow Knight as my 2017 GOTY's but it's right on up there with them. That might change by the time I beat it though.

Mechwarrior Online, my go to when I have nothing else to play. It's... adequate.

Kind of sad, really. They don't seem to make games for me anymore.

I will be trying to get out of my week-long gaming slump with Lost Empire - Immortals.
Since that game is a bit crash-prone it might not hold for long though.

Backup games will be Harbinger or Grim Dawn, despite the first being rather short and the last one too artificially long.
Maybe Victor Vran.

Or the slump might continue another week or so.

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

I detailed my thoughts on the LoZ thread recently, so I won't repeat myself here. Basically...it's fine, it's okay, it's passable, it's quite good for a GBC game, but feels crippled by the lack of imput options (i.e. spend half my time in the item screen). Story is a bit meh - it's a step up from A Link to the Past, but nothing special. It'll probably end up as my least favorite LoZ game (of the ones I've played so far), but still a net positive.

I'm kinda between games right now. I played a bit of Fat Princess the other day.

Playing through Fire Emblem series on gba
I've played them before but never completed any. Once I found out RNG determined which stats increased on level up I'd always put the game down as I'd find out my units weren't at their peak which would always kill my enjoyment. I'm using cheat engine now to guarantee a max stat level up but now I'm finding it hard to care for my units as I would before. Currently have 4 maxed out Paladins and they all are essentially the same unit with a different face/color palette. Kinda wished the game had fixed stats per unit instead of growth rates. Think I'ma quit now as it ain't much fun steam rolling enemies

Before that I finished the LiEat games
They are more along the lines of visual novels with light RPG elements. Short and sweet sums up the entries fairly well.
More kiddy then I hoped they'd be though.

Before that I beat a run of Kingsway
One of those FTL games where the objective is to go right and not linger too long but instead of the intricate battle system you are provided with windows that move around in unconventional manner. Fun but it got old fairly quick. Needed more variance in enemies as well as more quests. Ended up uninstalling it

Jumping between Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition (though losing interest), Skyrim SE (back on track to getting all the achievements), and ESO.

Im thinking of going back to finish the Bright Lord DLC in Shadow of Mordor since well, the new one is coming out and I rewatched The Two Towers a couple of days ago.

Yes, I am on a fantasy binge.

Splitting my time between Titanfall 2, Fallout:New Vegas, GTA:Online, Overwatch, Rocket League and Wolfenstein: Old Blood at the moment .. but it has come to my attention that a new episode of season 2 of Telltale's Batman had just been released as well as the open beta for Star Wars Battlefront 2, so actually I have a pretty full games roster.

Right now I'm playing the Battlefront 2 beta. Once that's done I'm going back to Fallout 4, hopefully finishing more it this time before I get bored and move on to something else.

What's a video game? Do I need to write a research paper about it? Do I need to translate Cicero's writings on it from Latin?

I've been playing a lot of PUBG with my friends. Other than that I've been replaying Arkham Asylum and I'm happy to report it's held up quite well. I've been thinking about picking up Total War Warhammer II but I'm leaning more toward Shadow of War in a few days.

Games night with my friends has moved to Dead by Daylight. I cannot get a grip on that game. Usually the first one killed and when I'm the murderer, I can't kill anyone. It's been a long time since I could manage a game.

Normally daily ESO. Just about finished my second run of Xcom WotC. Been playing Sonic Mania with my daughter. Ticket to Ride with my partner. Just bought Divinity: OS becuase my gaming group is thinking about the sequel next. I'm trying to do the original before that.. Plus I heard it had actual choices and consequences unlike Pillars of Eternity (which era a game I have a love/ hate relationship many for that reason and becuase it seem like the character writers didn't talking to the world setting writers and made everything feel disjointed)

I'm currently working my way through South Park Stick of Truth so I can be ready for Fractured But Whole.

Rouge Legacy (Ps4)

STILL only beat one boss...

I've got a few games on the go for different situations:

PUBG - My current online multiplayer fix. Most likely going to be replaced with Destiny 2 after it launches for PC
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen - My weekend game. I'm a couple months into the WotC campaign on Commander difficulty. I like the changes the expansion brings to the base game, but I finished the base game a few months ago so its starting to drag a little...
Tales of Zestiria - I nearly got to the end of the story months ago, but dropped it for other games coming out at the time. Nearly at the final boss now.
Heat Signature - My current go to game if I'm not in the mood for something deep or I need to kill a half an hour.

Got ADD when it comes to games.

Last game I played was Batman Arkham Knight. I'm not sure I've actually played through and won a game this generation yet (though, with the Switch, are we now already in Gen 9?)

I've been playing A Hat In Time, a pretty good platformer starring a kid in a hat named Hat Kid.

I'm also playing Crush Crush, a free to play clicker where you play as a cheating, two-faced bastard.

Destiny 2. I've come to despise Bungie and very much dislike the end product of a polished shit turd that was Destiny, but sometimes life gives you lemons. This latest one, we squeezed dry in about three weeks, despite all the hurdles Bungo threw our way.

We're quite bored with it, as is. PvP is no fun anymore. Hunting for perfect roll weapons is gone. Strikes are soul-crushingly boring and the rewards for most activities are... decidedly disappointing. The Raid is a bit of a joke, to be quite frank. Egalitarian philosophy punishes those that maxed out their character level. Mean spirited design makes it so that same-class characters will get you punished by receiving even less usable loot. It's all a bit sad.

But there are still folks around that have no clan - or gaming friends, by the looks of it. Folks that are desperate to do the Raid. So we do the Raid. With one, two, three randoms. Their joy is what we live for, right now. We syphon off temporary justification and some meaning from their positive emotions. But we'll stop playing altogether soon. It's not a promise, but a logical conclusion.

Today is the release date of the Iron Banner event. Everything looks very boring. So I arranged for some cooking, eating, socializing and rampant sexual intercourse for the evening. Looking forward to that. Maybe some Iron Banner after everything else is done.

I also very much enjoy Cuphead. Looking forward to couch co-op it tonight. Ordered my HDMI->RF converter. I'll be able to run it on an old-timey CRT TV in a week or so. That thought keeps me going.

Not really any more time left for other games. I just - finally - finished Infamous: Second Son the other day. Wow, what a gem this one is. Too bad I stopped playing it when it was first released. Very well made, excellent controls, amazing world building... sure, it's very much like a lot of the other games. But it just felt so darn good to Neon-zap like the Flash up buildings and float into the sunset.

Skyrim. I've been playing this fucking game for nearly six fucking years and I'm still not bloody tired of it.

Also, Saints Row: The Third, because why not? Driving is my favorite part of that game, but I admit the infinite gear shifting does get pretty old, pretty fast. Shame the multiplayer is totally unusable.

Elite: Dangerous. Now that I finally have a GPU that can run it on max settings, it's an extremely pretty game. It got a huge update, recently. Shame I'd have to travel 22,000 fucking lightyears to see any of the new content.

War Thunder. Digital Combat Simulator and IL-2 are out of my price range and skill base, so F2P it is. I really like realistic battles because they use proper(ish) flight and damage models, but I don't need to worry about propeller pitch or fuel-air mixtures.

Well first I tried playing Fallout 3 again. I tried the Tales of Two Wastelands mod, but it makes the D.C wasteland run like dogshit in the New Vegas engine. So I tried just Fallout 3 on it's own an--*Crash*
Well maybe I'll just try aga--*Crash*
It's probably just this sect--*Crash*
Bu--*Crash*

OKAY! How about I try to play that Prey reboot everyone isss..... ZZZZzzzZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Far Cry 2. I decided to replay Far Cry 2 again.
Also Star Wars Battlefront (2015) because the Season Pass is completely free on Origin. Good luck finding a match though...
And finally Overwatch, because i'm always playing Overwatch.

Honestly I'm just patiently waiting for the PC version of Destiny 2 to drop. I've been itching for a Co-op FPS and Far Cry 5 is still months away yet.

Oh, I was also playing ZombiU on PC for stream the other day, but some things got in the way so I had to put it on hold. I'm at the last stretch though so I should probably finish it.

Mostly hearthstone and dark souls 3, I burned through metro last light. Just started playing cuphead.

DeliveryGodNoah:
Well first I tried playing Fallout 3 again. I tried the Tales of Two Wastelands mod, but it makes the D.C wasteland run like dogshit in the New Vegas engine. So I tried just Fallout 3 on it's own an--*Crash*
Bu--*Crash*

If you want to play FO 3 here's the fix for the quad core crash bug.

Step 1)
Open up the fallout.ini file in: My Documents\My Games\Fallout3
Find the line:
bUseThreadedAI=0
change it to:
bUseThreadedAI=1
Add another line after it and insert:
iNumHWThreads=2
This will limit the game to 2 cores and prevent the engine bug from causing the game to freeze.

There are advanced versions of this fix that work better. This is just the one that takes about 30 seconds. And deleting the local content from steam will reset this fix. But this allows it to function normally. Which... its Bethesda so there's still glitches and the occasional crash. But with this you get hours and hours of gameplay before another potential crash.

As far as what I'm playing now, I'm back into a second character in Stardew Valley. My nephew is working through Borderlands the Pre-Sequel and I'm joining him from time to time. And I'm trying out cross platform play with my niece on Minecraft now that I have the Win 10 version.

Sonic Mania - It's fun, but like a lot of Sonic games the Special Stages are infuriating. Also the last zone is pissing me off.
Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines - It's better than I initially gave it credit for, but the boss fights can be infuriating esp. the one I'm stuck on now.

And if we count mobile games:
Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius - Well "playing" is a bit generous because I've gone about as far as I can in the story and can only play events. There has to be something wrong when my characters can be mostly maxed out, but I'm still getting curb stomped by the bosses. The regular story bosses that is.
Star Trek Timelines - Once again "playing" is being generous since I've gone through the entire (incomplete) story so now I just send my crew on shuttle missions and do events.

Needed a new DS/3DS game to play, so I ordered The World Ends With You. I'm not super far in, but I do like it so far. But controlling someone on the top screen and trying not to suck on the bottom screen is somehow perplexing me more than most games I've played

Kyrian007:

DeliveryGodNoah:
Bu--*Crash*

If you want to play FO 3 here's the fix for the quad core crash bug.

Step 1)
Open up the fallout.ini file in: My Documents\My Games\Fallout3
Find the line:
bUseThreadedAI=0
change it to:
bUseThreadedAI=1
Add another line after it and insert:
iNumHWThreads=2
This will limit the game to 2 cores and prevent the engine bug from causing the game to freeze.

There are advanced versions of this fix that work better. This is just the one that takes about 30 seconds. And deleting the local content from steam will reset this fix. But this allows it to function normally. Which... its Bethesda so there's still glitches and the occasional crash. But with this you get hours and hours of gameplay before another potential crash.

I think I tried that during the Tales of Two Wastelands mod because someone said it would help the performance issues I was having, but it actually made it worse so I dismissed it.

Unfortunately, at this point I deleted the game and have moved on. I might come back to it when I have time again and give that fix a try.

I would like to be playing more Overwatch, but my internet is being crap at the moment so that is making things difficult.

I have been playing Persona 5 almost solidly for the best part of two months now and I am absolutely in love with it and it with a heavy heart (hah) that I have realized that I am on the final Palace. I don't want this game to end. The characters are likable, the game play is fun, the dialog is quite good even if I have heard that the translation is not very good but I don't speak Japanese so I will have to make do. Yeah, there are little bits that annoyed me. Like being told to go to bed by a talking cat and the fact that the final boss and his underling basically "mwuha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!"'ed their evil plans to each other in one long cutscene. But yeah, this game is awesome, possibly beating Horizon: Zero Dawn for my game of the year.

And despite me saying that I don't want this game to end, I should have it beaten by the time South Park: The Fractured But Whole is released. Woo hoo!!!

Playing Metroid: Samus Returns. Almost done, just the Queen left and some item clean-up. Got some nitpicks, but overall enjoying it.

Next up is AM2R.

On the main PC:
Ride 2
Pretty fun for a racing game. I haven't gone full sim mode coz it's crazy, manually telling the rider to tuck, managing front and back brakes is all a bit much for me. I play it because I got into motorcycles a few months ago and love 'em. All there is to it.

Grim Dawn
I have been playing this on and off for so long. But I think I'm coming to the final act now, and I'm actually more engaged in the story than I ever was, so will probably see it through to the end soon enough. It's been great, a bit complicated and tedious here and there (sooo much to learn for what is seemingly a simple looty hack'n'slash), and harder to manage in to smaller plays, unless you want to forego all your progress because you couldn't find/unlock a new portal in time.

Bayonetta
Well actually I've just installed it and will start playing it again as soon as I finish Grim Dawn. Haven't played it in years, and I'm hype to have a crack on the PC. I played the shit out of it before, farming upgrades and weapons and unlocking outfits. Haven't played a decent spectacle action game in a while, so I can't wait. Also, waiting for the day they port the sequel over too, haven't even tried it yet.

On the sim rig:
DiRT Rally
This game has been a bit of a bitch to get back to after a hiatus, because I like to play Career mode/championship, and it doesn't let you set difficulty. No, it sets it for you, based on how you fared in the last Championship. And all you have to do is get a podium to progress to the next one. Well, I've finally finished it on Masters difficulty (the hardest), and boy was that a sense of accomplishment. I would be playing Dirt 4 by now instead, but the reviews have not been promising, which is what led me to get back into this game.

Forza Horizon 3 / Motorsport 6
I know it's time to get FM7 too, but I can't be arsed really. F*cking loot boxes, and not much new besides dynamic weather. I'll wait it out I think. Horizon has been awesome since day one, well since I got an XB1 because on Windows Forza games are crock of shit. For the real sim driving I'm also playing Assetto Corsa on and off.

JohnnyDelRay:

Grim Dawn
I have been playing this on and off for so long. But I think I'm coming to the final act now, and I'm actually more engaged in the story than I ever was, so will probably see it through to the end soon enough. It's been great, a bit complicated and tedious here and there (sooo much to learn for what is seemingly a simple looty hack'n'slash), and harder to manage in to smaller plays, unless you want to forego all your progress because you couldn't find/unlock a new portal in time.

I need to get back into Grim Dawn. I've got 2 characters about halfway through it. I was loving how varied you could make a mixed class character, but the difficulty curve is kind of brutal unless you minmax.

I played Chaos Reborn and Scanner Sombre.

Chaos Reborn was delightful at first because it remind me the old good days of Heroes of Might and Magic 3. Just you to explore a map and conquer different towers by defeating other wizards.
Sadly after few hours I notice some major mistakes [or for me anyway...]
Some of the units if they are your enemies, pray the god to leave you alone. Specifically the freaking Spider and the Undead units. The spider can literally stay in one place and spam with you the web. Most annoying thing I ever saw in a strategy game. The undead on the other hand can be only defeated by other undead or undead slayers or spells. Guess what happens if you have an enemy wizard spamming only zombies, hellhounds and vampires. SH*T!!!
So...it was ok until that point I couldn't take it anymore....6/10.

Scanner Sombre from 1 hour I played, it was a nice "gimmick" experience. Using a special scanner to make visible a dark cave is beatiful.
However I think it is the only thing it can offer.
Sure, I didn't finished it yet and it have a serviceable story, but I think you need to take many breaks beforenypurs eyes start bleeding from the rainbow colors you apply to the whole cave...
I hope to not have issues later.

I have plans to play Danganronpa V3! I palyed first the Demo because it have something "special" if you use the save file.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here