What games are you playing?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . . . 20 NEXT

Mass Effect Andromeda, or was trying to at the very least reach the conclusion over various periods. But the script is too much, I just can't take it anymore. Its passed the woeful endearing stage of 'maybe all these people are suffering mild brain damage from crazy long distance travel anomalies? The poor things' to 'Arghhhhhhhh, stop talking! Who wrote this? Was there an editor at all?? Could an editor make this bearable anyway?' At some point, after the 100 000th vapid interchangeable insincere comment from my main character that made me feel nothing for anything except a dark longing to figure out what shenanigans were occurring throughout the writing process, my heart finally curled up into a ball of shame and turned to stone, regardless of sobriety or pining levels.
It would've been immensely improved if all speech were removed and replaced with silent expressions and interpretive dance. Media has done this successfully many a time before. You could even blame it on space magic curses! The Galaxy is your oyster!

Back to Warframe it is then. Those terrible AI puns aren't going to cringe themselves now, are they?

Finally finishing the Ezio Trilogy with Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

Right off the bat it's clear it's Brotherhood 2.0 (or AC2 3.0 for that matter). The big novelty for gameplay is a hookblade and the ability to craft bombs. The hookblade is essentially an excuse to add in ziplines and supposedly reach farther distances while climbing/jumping, but since you get it first thing in the game, the game might as well have been designed around it, and there's no noticeable difference in platforming (like Knack, everything grows with you so what's the point?). As for bombs, there's like a dozen types but only about three or four are actually useful, but even then unless you're working within the constraints of an incredibly specific mission nothing beats the good old one-hit-kill options (hidden blade, throwing knives, crossbow, etc). Like every other game you get a bonus puzzle solving section every few Animus bits you collect, this time in the form of a Mirror's Edge-y first person platformer, which I kinda like. They're not as difficult as they look but every new puzzle always throws something different.

Still with Persona 4. Beat Shadow Naoto boss (which was easier than Shadow Mitsuo, although similarly annoying).

The Swords of Ditto. It's a pretty amazing Zelda/Roguelike. Understandably, a lot of folks shy away from the Majora's Mask-like time limit but I ask that you don't. There are tons of ways to mitigate the time restriction from acquiring a currency to carry items and powers over to your next reincarnation to purchasing more hours in the day and extra lives.

If you like Zelda and Roguelikes even a little bit, get this bad boy. It even has two player local co op!

My bro is coming into town Friday, and its our first time together since I got my PS4. Any suggestions to local co-op games? I have Wildlands and Far Cry 5, but anything jump to mind?

Silentpony:
My bro is coming into town Friday, and its our first time together since I got my PS4. Any suggestions to local co-op games? I have Wildlands and Far Cry 5, but anything jump to mind?

That sounds like the perfect opportunity to play A Way Out, which just got released last month.

hanselthecaretaker:

Silentpony:

That sounds like the perfect opportunity to play A Way Out, which just got released last month.

A great suggestion, but I checked with him and he and his GF already played it. Got another one? Maybe something in the PS4 store?

Silentpony:

hanselthecaretaker:

Silentpony:

A great suggestion, but I checked with him and he and his GF already played it. Got another one? Maybe something in the PS4 store?

Swords of Ditto? I posted it a couple posts above this. It's a Roguelike so it'll give yall new stuff to do consistently plus it has couch co-op.

Well, I was playing Skyrim on Switch, but I put it aside when I received my copy of South Park fractured but whole. So I guess I will be home playing that for a month or two.

Lol, Ezekiel got banned.

Anyone played State of Decay 2? loved the first one and heard the second and local and online co-op, which is right up my alley!

Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

I really liked the first game and I like this one too. Very much not fond of the map system though, something I think they really could have improved from the first and in some ways I think its worse.

WoW, OSRS, Halo5, Fortnite

Played through Lords of the Fallen and The Surge. Both were kinda meh.

I give Deck13 credit for trying to make Soulslike games, with probably a much smaller budget than what FromSoftware has at its disposal. It's a genre that I would like to support and see flourish. And I didn't hate the games or anything. I finished them both. But something's just missing. Atmosphere. Lack of multiplayer elements and NPC summons. I even missed the messages on the ground and apparitions of other players... it just makes the world feel more alive and mysterious somehow. My main critique, though, was that the combat in both games started getting very repetitive, probably because of little enemy variation and because it was too easy to stunlock and brute force through things. The bosses were also mostly forgettable and too easy. I one shot some bosses, and it rarely took me more than a few attempts... so the feeling of accomplishment of beating a new boss was usually lacking. There were no FUCK YEAH I FINALLY BEAT FUME KNIGHT moments.

Vampire Masquerade: Redemption, just because I loved Bloodlines and I wanted to go back and play the original. I got hooked on Redemption because it starts out with the player character hitting on a nun in medieval Prague and I wanted to see where it went. It goes on to lots of different time periods and locations and I started listening to the Queen Highlander soundtrack to distract me from the terrible gameplay. I give the gameplay a 5/10 and the story a 9/10.

Finished Revelations, now I'm trying the multiplayer. Going for Plat 24.

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

This is...okay. Right now it belongs in the "average" spectrum of the LoZ series. I might post more thoughts if/when I complete it.

I'm playing 2 games at this stage. World of Warcraft and Farcry 5.

I have always loved World of Warcraft, with it's gameplay and in-depth lore. And won't be stopping anytime soon.

As for Farcry 5, I love the gameplay and storyline. It's especially pleasing to get that perfect headshot on an Angel. Loving it so far. Hopefully it's not ruined for me.

Dragon's Dogma (PS4):
I really wish they'd get a sequel of some kind made. It's such a damn fine game.

Civilization 5 - BNW:
I keep trying to go into Civ6, but I just don't like the game play changes. So, I'll stick with 5.
India is about to learn what it means to fuck with me. 8 nukes for 8 cities.
That's what I'm going to do when you bully MY city states!

Got into Destiny 2 again with the new expansion, finally, they added some ''long''-term goals so I have something to after playing it for just 2 days, unlike the other expansion.

Also playing God of War (PS4), really great game, I wasn't planning on buying it since I didn't really like God of War 3 but this one is really different.

Right now I'm playing bits of Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle and some leftovers from Xenoblade 2.

Nabbed ABZ? in the Humble sale and I've got nothing planned for tonight, so I might just spend the evening down in the deep.

Tanis:

India is about to learn what it means to fuck with me. 8 nukes for 8 cities.
That's what I'm going to do when you bully MY city states!

So...you're Pakistani? 0_0

@Hawki: Nah, the Siamese.

Back into Heroes of the Storm. They have slowed down the rate of Hero releases, which is a bummer, but big hero reworks are more frequent, so I guess the game will be healthier, overall?

Otherwise, I finished Frostpunk about a week ago. Now that was a good game. Not much content, but for around $15 or so, it is hard to argue. Never really played a city building sim before, but Frostpunk was a brilliant A+ game. Excited to see how they expand on it.

On that note, I think I want to try out Cities Skylines. I tried Kingdoms and Castles, but I just found it to be far too simplistic. Think i'll give Skylines a go next time a steam sale rolls around, so I can grab a bunch of the xpacs on the cheap.

I also gave Kingdoms of Amalur a bash. Seems decent enough, and the combat is fun, but I have to say - the game is just far too easy. I've ramped up the difficulty to as far as it would go, but im still dropping enemies in a few seconds, whilst barely taking hits. I do feel like a pretty powerful mage, though, even if I do currently only have access to about 3 spells. Im ultimately not sure if I want to continue with the game, though.

BabyfartsMcgeezaks:
Got into Destiny 2 again with the new expansion, finally, they added some ''long''-term goals so I have something to after playing it for just 2 days, unlike the other expansion.

Any elaboration? I know they slowed the race to Light Whatever down, and added public Horde mode event, but didn't really catch much else on my usualy channels.

Speaking of space wizards with guns, still mucking about with Warframe myself. Though I've hit the end of the star map and seemingly done all the story quests, so other then hunting down an eidolon I may have reached the end of anything but replaying grinding. Which I'm not sure the gameplay really has the dynamic for for me. Its a lot of mowing down similar looking generic mooks or bosses that are pretty minimalistic in design.

Seth Carter:

BabyfartsMcgeezaks:

Any elaboration? I know they slowed the race to Light Whatever down, and added public Horde mode event, but didn't really catch much else on my usualy channels.

Speaking of space wizards with guns, still mucking about with Warframe myself. Though I've hit the end of the star map and seemingly done all the story quests, so other then hunting down an eidolon I may have reached the end of anything but replaying grinding. Which I'm not sure the gameplay really has the dynamic for for me. Its a lot of mowing down similar looking generic mooks or bosses that are pretty minimalistic in design.

Well with the expansion came Season 3, more vanguard/crucible awards, they also added exclusive rewards for collectibles on Mars, heroic strikes with different modifiers every day, removed timelimit from Nightfall, you can add your own modifiers to nightfall to increase your score and therefore get better loot, exotic upgrades...I'm probably missing something but that's what I can come up on right now.

Not playing, but about to play, Far Cry Primal.

It was on sale on Steam for 20 bucks and I went for it.

The game that everyone derides as the worse FarCry game because of the mere fact that "its the same FarCry game but in a cavemen setting"

What was anyone expecting from this game and its setting to be really?

Polaris Sector - Lumens.
-----
I've heard that it's a great improvement over the state it was in closer to release.
I've only just begun, but I can already see that some things are rather obfuscated and lacks documentation and clear instructions.
I can learn and live with that because I really enjoy 4X games and seek out such a game that comes as close to perfection as my tastes require.
There are a lot of variations within the genre (except for some MoO2 clones) but nothing has really hit my sweet spot entirely yet.

Time to find out how long this game will hold up.

Just come away from about a day of hardcore playing Banished, which is a city/town/village building Sim from 2015. It was pretty great, and looked a lot more intimidating to get into, than it actually was. It was pretty weird, though, seeing as your town would go from A-OK, everybody is cool, with stocks and stocks of food to spare, to suddenly everybody is starving, and now your village has about 1/2 the population that it used to be, despite having a decent amount of food to go around, still. Despite that, I had fun, and I would recommend it.

Now im playing CoD: Black Ops 1. I haven't properly played a CoD game since 2009's MW2, but I have had Black Ops sitting in my Steam library since 2015, because I got it for the zombies mode. Then a video from a YouTuber that I frequent got me to finally try the game out -

I legitimately had no idea that Black Ops was a sequel to World at War. I mean, yeah, I get that Black Ops came after WaW, but I just assumed that it was a separate sub-franchise, like Modern Warfare. Playing the campaign right now, and it is fun enough. I forgot just how linear CoD games were, though. Doors are immovable objects to you, the player, and the game is so damn intent on keeping you behind the NPCs so that they can their perfectly scripted story, that the game feels super restrictive in the end.

Its a pretty standard CoD campaign in the end, but at least it has a pretty decent story to it.

Recently completed Little Nightmares (which was pretty good), and Crash Bandicoot 1 (from the N. Sane Trilogy).

Reckon I'm going to continue with Xenoblade Chronicles 2 now. The latter half of 2018 looks like it's going to be a Switch-heavy 6 months for me.

Modded State of Decay and found me a very tough and satisfying combo for it. (Dead End gameplay mod+Silent Hill atmosphere changer)

Rimworld which I just leave running while I look at other stuff since my colony is pretty self sufficent.

Plus Mount and Blade with the Prophesy of Pendor full conversion mod. That thing is the shit, if you only played vanilla Mount and Blade you need to try something like it but with balanced units. Its great.

Polaris Sector - Lumens didn't work out. Too hard to make an informed decisions for me to enjoy.
Started up a game of Distant Worlds - Universe instead, see how long I'll manage before the ship designing gets to be too much for me.

Civilization IV caveman to cosmos mod. They finally made a smaller version of the world maps and sorted out some of the issues that made the thing use up stacks of RAM/VRAM, so I'm actually going to be able to get to endgame rather than have it crap out by the time I get to the 1100's.

Fallout IV on occasion, but it's beginning to wear out a bit now.

Samtemdo8:
Not playing, but about to play, Far Cry Primal.

It was on sale on Steam for 20 bucks and I went for it.

The game that everyone derides as the worse FarCry game because of the mere fact that "its the same FarCry game but in a cavemen setting"

What was anyone expecting from this game and its setting to be really?

I may be an exception, but personally I derided because I'd played the chunk of Far Cry 4 it was more or less inspired by, and godawful melee combat and dumb companions as the entire experience sounded bloody terrible. The Mortal Kombat (I think?) parody bit in Blood Dragon suffered for prettymuch the same reason.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . . . 20 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here