What games are you playing?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 20 NEXT

LostGryphon:
Thanks to the recent Humble Bundle, I'm finally playing Rise of the Tomb Raider and really enjoying it.

Or, at least, I was until my hdd dock decided to eat my game and storage drives last night.

Hoping recovery works...downloading another 1.5 TB would be...unfortunate.

Oh do I fucking feel you on that one.

Gordon_4:

Oh do I fucking feel you on that one.

Advice: Don't try using steam with an external dock drive. Even if it works beautifully 95% of the time.

Saved the storage, lost all the games. :D

^ On a related subject, I should stop deleting games so quickly when I feel negatively about them. I've deleted MGSV probably three times, and now, after seeing the videos PhoenixMGS posted, I feel like trying out MGO3 again. I probably STILL won't enjoy it much, but I want to try it again. It sucks because we're on a 1 TB monthly limit now.

Add Carmageddon for Android on my list now I have a new mobile phone.

Playin' a lil' bit o' this:

Which is beautifully fantastic. Runic knocked it out of the fucking park. It's gorgeous to look at and feels really good to play. I also love the thematic inversion of having the protag fighting to save a world of technology against nature run amok, rather than the oft-used reverse.

And the combination of that art style and the sound design... *drools*

Also playin' a lil' bit 'o this:

I'm just gonna say it: I hated Strafe. It achieved almost none of what was promised, and felt nothing like a real, old-school shooter. It felt very much like a game made by people pretending to be nostalgic for the shooters of old. DUSK, however....ticks ALL the right boxes. It would fit in perfectly with all of the best mid-to-late 90s shooters. Episode 1 is out now and the final two episodes will be released by the end of October. Can't wait for the multiplayer.

Recently finished playing these two, but I plan to revisit them soon:

Poetic Nova:

InFamous Second Son.
Kinda counts, I think. I'm relatively early and can't find the motivation to continue because the combat doesn't gell well with me.

I was unhappily sitting in that very same boat when Second Son was first released. I stopped playing and "lost" the game when upgrading the internal hard drive for a bigger one.

Second Son was handed to me by PS Plus, so I thought it would be convenient to have it on standby, if the time ever comes.

When I booted up Destiny 2, only to log in, choose a character, hover in orbit and then close the game again, I eventually started playing Second Son from the beginning. I finished it over the span of a week. It's quite excellent. The imprecise controls become better as you invest points in upgrades, and one of the powers you get is just all-around pure gaming bliss. You get that one pretty early. I guess you'll know it when you get it, as it is just about everything you could ask for in a game like this one. When properly upgraded, it makes those precision shots as close to trivial as can be justified. Enjoy.

Pokemon Shuffle:
It's an solid 'match 3'.

Bloodborne. Started playing about two weeks ago (or thereabouts) and I just beat Micolash yesterday. It's a lot shorter than I initially thought, though I've only done one-and-a-bit Chalice Dungeons, so maybe that has something to do with it. Honestly I couldn't muster any sort of interest for them.

The rest of the game has been amazing. The faster combat feels like a different take on something I already love while the Lovecraftian setting gives it a unique feel compared to other FromSoft games. The area design is also pretty spectacular as well. Except for the Nightmare Frontier. Fuck the Nightmare Frontier.

The Witcher series

After finishing a rather forgettable fantasy novel i thought it would be nice to (re)visit a fantasy setting/story i actually like. Now i'm ploughing[1] through the Witcher series again. Finished the first one and still enjoyed it very much. Alchemy was a bit annoying with the whole "only brew 1 potion at once" thing, combat was a bit odd at times and sometimes the flow and outcome of dialogues made no sense.

For instance:

There was a cave with some malnourished elves. You can deliver some bread as a sidequest and hand a loaf of bread as a present to one of them. The following dialogue ensues... (a bit paraphrased of course)

*Geralt hands out a loaf of bread*
Elven-woman: "Grrr stupid dh'oine! I don't want your bread or pity. I'm waaaaay too proud!"
Geralt: "Gee, just calm down you silly moo!"
BAM! Hot steaming sex with said elven-woman and a trading card to boot!
Me: Boy, that escalated quickly.[2]

But at the end, it was still fun and enjoyable[3]. A bit of a underappreciated game IMO.

Now off to The Witcher 2. I'm already dreading the forced stealth sections... *jibblies*

[1] No, not that kind of plouging... although... It's the Witcher series, so a little bit of the other sort of ploughing is expected i suppose
[2] Maybe there was a bit of dialogue missing...? *shrug*
[3] Especially the dig at a certain Dan Brown novel. Yes, this is a thing that happens in this game. Thihihi, love it!

Headdrivehardscrew:

Poetic Nova:

InFamous Second Son.
Kinda counts, I think. I'm relatively early and can't find the motivation to continue because the combat doesn't gell well with me.

I was unhappily sitting in that very same boat when Second Son was first released. I stopped playing and "lost" the game when upgrading the internal hard drive for a bigger one.

Second Son was handed to me by PS Plus, so I thought it would be convenient to have it on standby, if the time ever comes.

When I booted up Destiny 2, only to log in, choose a character, hover in orbit and then close the game again, I eventually started playing Second Son from the beginning. I finished it over the span of a week. It's quite excellent. The imprecise controls become better as you invest points in upgrades, and one of the powers you get is just all-around pure gaming bliss. You get that one pretty early. I guess you'll know it when you get it, as it is just about everything you could ask for in a game like this one. When properly upgraded, it makes those precision shots as close to trivial as can be justified. Enjoy.

I'm hopping back and forth between I:SS and Horizon. Definitely liking Horizon more overall, but SS is still fun prowling around the city. I've always loved the verticality and mobility the series provides. I think it will get noticeably better once more powers are acquired too, because so far the combat is rather limited.

I've always thought Infamous had exceptional traversal mechanics as well but so far this one seems a little looser in the regard. Cole seemed to have a more reassuring grasp on game objects where you really felt like you were connected to what you're climbing. Delsin feels a bit dainty by comparison so far. I like the vent warps and the air dash though.

Seattle is also by far the best setting the series has had. All the lights and wetness make for visually striking game. A little disappointed in the sound department though, especially coming from Horizon, but maybe that will change later.

With the news of Visceral being closed, I decided to replay Everything or Nothing for the first time in over a decade. I recorded myself through a few levels. I'm not as good as I used to be. It came out in 2003, before the AAA pubs put health regen and abundant checkpoints in everything.

It's almost half a brawler, which you can see from 16 minutes in.

Trying to get into Metal Gear Online 3 again. Seems unbalanced. I feel like stealth camo in multiplayer was a stupid idea. Some of the players run really, really fast, like the Flash, which is also annoying. There's also some weird lag. Like, someone just threw me to the ground and fultoned me from a latter. I've heard most of the players are in East Asia. Might uninstall it again.

Got a few on the go at the moment:

Main one is Europa Barbarorum II, an ancient world mod for Medieval II Total War. It's newest version just got released so I have gotten stuck into a Parthian Campaign. I'm really bad in Total War's campaign mod but damn the units just look amazing.

Darksiders 2: I was browsing my Steam collection the other day to see the Deathinitive edition surprisingly there, guess it got gifted for owning the original version. A dozen or so hours in. Good fun. Not revolutionary (it really is essentially Zelda, God of War and Diablo) but it is really great to play.

Guts and Glory: My current chill game. Essentially a 3D Happy Wheels. Good fun for a few quid.

After my internet went out for a couple of days recently(it came back yesterday or day before), I went back to an old favorite from 2002: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2. The last actually worthwhile NFS game, in my opinion. Criterion's run with the series wasn't bad, it just didn't know what it wanted to be. But Ghost Games are basically trying too hard to ape Grand Theft Auto now, so that's going to be a big fat pile of FAIL.

One thing I'm considering is playing Spec Ops: The Line again when Halloween rolls around. Just because that's the kind of person I am.

Just got a Switch which my grandmother would hit me with. However I also just got a Nintendo Switch so I've been playing Breath Of The Wild and loving it. I've also gotten into Tyranny on the PC and my god this game deserves so much more attention than it currently has.

baddude1337:
Got a few on the go at the moment:

Main one is Europa Barbarorum II, an ancient world mod for Medieval II Total War. It's newest version just got released so I have gotten stuck into a Parthian Campaign. I'm really bad in Total War's campaign mod but damn the units just look amazing.

Well there's something I need to add to my list. Also, bro, I'm terrible at Total War but still love it.

Yu-Gi-Oh tag force 4 and Persona 3 on PSP.

Would like tips on persona 3.

Elex, the jankiest eurojank game I've played in a while. Took until level 16 (about 15 hours in) to break the scrub barrier and start to actually be able to fight.

So all in all, typical Piranha Bytes experience. Don't buy unless you're into that.

Replaying Metal Gear Solid(I originally played it like 15 years ago), as part of a complete playthrough of the main series.

It's wierdly a lot like I remember, both in good and bad ways. I appreciate the political nuance and moral grayness to it, but oh my god does it want to interrupt you every 5 minutes for a cutscene or a CODEC conversation. Hell, climbing to the top of Metal Gear requires 4 conversations and a 5 minute cutscene alone...and it's not that big.

replaying Dark Souls 3 to get back in the groove for the DLCs which I haven't played yet and know little about, then it's Cuphead and then finally the new South Park

New South Park game. It's wicked. Prior to that I went through Resident Evil 1-3, CV and 7 (I excluded 4, 5 and 6 because I don't like them).

Just beat the Dawn of War 3 campaign for the free weekend. Working my way through The Surge right now. It's okay but certainly has some problems.

Rangaman:
Bloodborne. Started playing about two weeks ago (or thereabouts) and I just beat Micolash yesterday. It's a lot shorter than I initially thought, though I've only done one-and-a-bit Chalice Dungeons, so maybe that has something to do with it. Honestly I couldn't muster any sort of interest for them.

The rest of the game has been amazing. The faster combat feels like a different take on something I already love while the Lovecraftian setting gives it a unique feel compared to other FromSoft games. The area design is also pretty spectacular as well. Except for the Nightmare Frontier. Fuck the Nightmare Frontier.

Same here although only been playing for a few days since it was on sale on PSN with DLC included. Took me 6 days to download though due to my rubbish internet. Im a bit behind you ive just got beaten Castle Cainhurst those enemies on the outside are a right pain but inside it was ok even if those blow dart enemies were annoying as all hell.

Had a bit of trouble with the boss until I found out you could parry him then he went down like the sack of crap he was I wish the game was a bit more transparent on what can and cannot be parried and when it can sometimes it just feels a bit to random. Was also having major trouble at the start with how unresponsive it was I dont know what it runs at but its definitely not 60fps. Other than that having a blast and not had to many issues so far except the camera spazzing out in some cases which has been the cause of 80% of my deaths I reckon.

Im enjoying the combat despite the aforementioned issues and love the world and monsters but like Dark Souls it seems to have lost some of that magic Demons had even if it is more polished. as it stands atm its probably number 3 on my favourite games of the year after Nioh and Nier.

Oh and those snakes in the poison water can get stuffed I hate those things. I have only done the one chalice as well not sure I will do more I just did not find it that enjoyable even if it was pretty painless.

Currently playing Another Metroid 2 Remake and a little bit of Monkey Island 2 SE.

Having recently completed Metroid 2: Samus Returns, it's interesting to see the different approach each game takes towards updating the Game Boy original. When I've finished both, I might just make a comparison and share my thoughts, assuming anyone cares to hear those.

I'm playing the Crypt of the Necrodancer. It's a really fun mix of rogue-like dungeon crawler and rhythm game where your character and the enemies move and attack at the beat of the music.

Right now I'm playing through South Park's "Fractured But Whole" (Almost finished but waiting for some patches as there are a few game-annoying bugs...) - and mainly, Grim Dawn. The expansion for Grim Dawn was amazing and it was already my favorite Diablo 2 style game.

Waiting on Bard's Tale and the new Pillars of Eternity. Just finished Divinity: OS 2.

Rouge Legacy (Ps4) is such a nice game I must say.

Just replayed Mirror's Edge on Hard, now replaying Uncharted 3 on Crushing.

Played some more MGO3. Sniper sway is annoying as fuck. Why do they do this? Can't my character hold their breath for a while or freaking rest it on something? Also, grabbing enemies is weird.

Oh, I see... They want me to lie down whenever I use a sniper rifle. Dumb.

Okay, I actually did well for once. But we camped through pretty much the whole match. This game is camper heaven.

I wish you could communicate via text.

Edit: I think I'm not gonna uninstall it again.

Edit: Wait a minute... I've always done well. Just noticed I have 1284 kills and 730 deaths, and I've won 80 of 135 matches. Not sure why I got so dissatisfied with it that I deleted it.

SO many Videogames I need to play.....

Videogames I play now:

- Danganronpa V3.
I am really surprised it is a longer game than the other games of the series I played. I clocked 60 hours and I finished just Chapter 4 yesterday. Still 2 Chapters to go. Also the mystery even if it is good, there are somekind of "hints" the other characters give you which of course if you think a little about it, you may find what is going on. I hope of course to be wrong and there is a bigger mystery than that I though. Enjoyable like the other games of the series, and I am glad most people I like the most didn't died yet!

- 1bitHeart.
A really unique RPG Maker game. Not SO unique mind you, but in comparison with other, it is unique. Its main gameplay merchanic is selecting the right topics when you speak with others people to make you like you more or just to act like a normal human being really because you were a shut-in and you didn't had a friend for a long time. Later in the game this gameplay merchanic will be used story wise for a bigger reason. Also it is trying to emulate the Social Link gameplay from Persona games, but it very simplistic and you can make all the people you met your friends in ONE day! However I will say most of the characters are interesting.

- Otaku's Fantasy.
Yep, you are a guy working as a janitor, the most girls in the place you work think you are somekind of gigolo and pay money to play Jenga with them. Working hard to finish.

Videogames plans to PLay:

Dead Space 2, The Evil Within, Children of Zodiarcs, Rating Wars, Uriel's Chasm 2: את, a punch of GameJolt Free Videogames, Some Videogames I bought in itch.io.

Been playing Battle Chasers Nightwar. Pretty enjoyable throwback JRPG-esque stuff.

A tad grindy, perhaps by design (since it literally lets you reset dungeons, including Legendary difficulty which is locked until the first completion). Though it does seem if you kept rolling on the same party continuously it might keep an even curve, Im always leery of doing that because these games always seem to throw in a section where you suddenly need two viable parties.

Argh, stealth camo still pisses me off. One of the dumbest things you could put in a multiplayer game.

I started playing Children of Zodiarcs yesterday for 1.5 hours.
Good impressions so far.
It is a 3D Top-View Turn-Base JRPG which you play cards for moves and roll dices to determine the effectiveness or alter the use of the move.
The story is bland so far, but I hope for an actual development soon.
Finally a surprising thing I notice: Some of the generic enemies in the game have dialogs which give them personalities. They are few lines, but it is a welcome addition.

Currently restarting XCOM: Enemy Within with the Long War mod, one of the best mods for any game ever in my opinion, because of how unforgiving it makes the game and the strategic depth it provides. I keep running into a situation where the aliens are either unbeatable in the air-game or I put off making MECs for too long and get rekt by those absolutely terrifying Mechtoids, but I refuse to give up. Everytime I slam my head into my desk and cry "NEVER AGAIN!!" I find myself eventually coming back for more infuriating RNG. And that's impressive, I tip my hat to the creators of this mod.

I'm currently in the process of trying to extract Zhang from the Friends In Low Places DLC mission and the mission is even harder than I remembered. No matter what path you take, you always encounter at least 10 Thin Men in your first couple of moves and I'm convinced they are the devil's work.

Hunting trophies in Minecraft.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 20 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or