The Elder Scrolls problems

I (as obviously just like everyone else) encounter various problems, snags, and glitches throughout the course of playing Elder Scrolls games. I'm having one I can't find an answer for on Google in Oblivion. So, I need to start a new topic, and hopefully we can all congregate here to help each other out.

My current problem is: I have finished the thieves guild and mages guild quest lines and am now trying to increase my fame. I've spoken with the dunmer Maelona who told me about an all female thieves guild here in anvil (the "Sirens Deception quest). I looked up how to start the quest, which put me in the flowing bowl, the internet telling me I would be accosted there by two women who will invite me to their farm, which I have discovered. Thing is, they won't show up! Ever. Wait 1 hour while inside the flowing bowl repeatedly, with time spent just standing there in between to allow a chance for them to initiate conversation. I've done this for tamrielic weeks. I've looked everywhere, talked to everyone, repeatedly. I even made sure that all the repetitive conversation options with Maelona were thoroughly exhausted. The quest simply refuses to continue. I can find no evidence in search engines or wiki of anyone else having this problem.

HELP!

ADDENDUM

Not extremely familiar with this game, so I don't know if it matters, but I have power leveled many skills at least to Expert, several to 100 (Master, of course), am at level 43, have closed the gate at kvatch, but not seen jauffre (I made it a point to do mages guild first, to access spellcraft) and for some reason, when I stole the elder scroll, even though I never got caught, everyone went all at once from maxed disposition to disposition 0. That bit is a mite vexing. Not a huge deal, as I spellcrafted "Worship," charm 100 pts on touch, but it's like, the f**k, really?

Of course, this thread is meant to be a place of elder scrolls discussion, centered on folks asking questions about being stuck. Nothing wrong with reminiscing too, though.

But first, please do help me with my sirens deception problem 😁

Sorry, Maelonas a redgaurd, not a dunmer

Please

You do know you can edit your posts right...? No need to make a new post every time you want to write something in this thread...

They're bumps. So many threads are so busy, this one almost instantly fell off the board, I couldn't find this thread anywhere but my profile, I didn't think anyone else would ever see this if no new posts came up

Anyway, I got it. Turned out, not all conversation options with Maelona were exhausted. That might be the worst thing about Oblivion

Dont need to bump your topic, just need to be patient. Also should have specified you were referring to Oblivion since you just said Elder Scrolls when there are like, 10 or so "Elder Scroll" games out there. I only realized you meant Oblivion when you said Kvatch and Jauffrey.

You might find this page helpful, it is a complete run-through of the quest you're talking about, as well as a list of all known bugs.

Saelune:
Dont need to bump your topic, just need to be patient. Also should have specified you were referring to Oblivion since you just said Elder Scrolls when there are like, 10 or so "Elder Scroll" games out there. I only realized you meant Oblivion when you said Kvatch and Jauffrey.

Well, perhaps this topic is a little too generalized. I had noticed over the course of googling problems I'd been having that those kinds of issues seem to be across the board of elder scrolls games

So, I have another one. In the thieves guild, I have never had the option to "pay off my fines and bounty." I'd choose it in conversation, Armand Christophe would give the little speech, then the menu would come up. But, even when I do have a bounty, the only menu option I get is to disrespectfully blow off their offer.

Also, who is Rythe? I show up at the thieves guild hq (which was just a dadgum abortion on bethesda's part) as the grey fox, and methredhel sees me and says "You're back!.... But... where is Rythe?"

Huh? Only mention I can find of that name in the whole game.

EDIT sorry if the multiple posts are annoying, old habits. I was on here tons several years ago, and just never bothered to edit posts, except to correct mistakes. Different thing to say = next post

Not to be dismissive, but http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Oblivion should have most of your answers :P

Emperor Inferno:
They're bumps. So many threads are so busy, this one almost instantly fell off the board, I couldn't find this thread anywhere but my profile, I didn't think anyone else would ever see this if no new posts came up

Okay, how is this even possible? You need something like a month to fall off the first page with the current situation here.

inu-kun:

Emperor Inferno:

Okay, how is this even possible? You need something like a month to fall off the first page with the current situation here.

It was the daily influx of Indian spambots I believe.

Emperor Inferno:
So, I have another one. In the thieves guild, I have never had the option to "pay off my fines and bounty." I'd choose it in conversation, Armand Christophe would give the little speech, then the menu would come up. But, even when I do have a bounty, the only menu option I get is to disrespectfully blow off their offer.

The UESP wiki which was linked above (use UESP, the other ones are dirty incomplete casual trash and the UESP UI is much nicer) has solutions for just about everything. Quest bugged and you want to initiate the next phase? Theres a console command listed on the page for every single quest phase. Can't pay off you're bounty? Theres a console command for that too. Some NPC you need dropped off the map? Look up the page and summon him or her per console command. Right now you're probably thinking one of two things:

1) But I'm playing on console! In which case you're fucked, you'll just have to accept all of the 2845 bugs you will encounter on any given playthrough, welcome to the Elder Scrolls console experience or
2) What the hell, looking up all these pages and tinkering around with console commands is way too complicated and a massive hassle! In which case I'll be the first to welcome you to the Elder Scrolls PC experience. Direct any complaints toward Bethesda who will presumbly ignore them because they're too busy developing the next big ridden game, safe in the knowledge that "mods will fix it".

The "Elder Scrolls problem" is that Bethesda are wasting their time on junk like Fallout and Skyrim Enhanced for kiddy toys when they SHOULD be working on TES 6!

Reload your save from before you started the quest. If you don't have a rotation of at least 10 saves you are playing Elder Scrolls wrong!

RiseOfTheWhiteWolf:

1) But I'm playing on console! In which case you're fucked, you'll just have to accept all of the 2845 bugs you will encounter on any given playthrough, welcome to the Elder Scrolls console experience

The best one was when they finally fixed the bit in Oblivion on PS3 where you could never cure yourself of vampirism. Then released the Game of the Year edition like a month later and reintroduced that bug, never to fix it again.

Bethesda could do with some cross-polination of its studios really. Get some technical polish and coding standards from Id. And some ability to design interesting gameplay and atmosphere from Arkane (Not that they had those for Oblivion, but still).

TES games like Russian Roulette on consoles.
Sure, it's thrilling, but you never know when your luck will run out and your version of the game will turn into a fucking powerpoint presentation.

Yes, I'm still salty about that...and TES4 having less content on the PS3 version.

RiseOfTheWhiteWolf:

1) But I'm playing on console! In which case you're fucked, you'll just have to accept all of the 2845 bugs you will encounter on any given playthrough, welcome to the Elder Scrolls console experience

Damn, cause I am on 360. Plus, while I save every tiny thing and never erase any ( I'm up to save number 475) I had gotten halfway through thieves guild, then started and finished mages guild, then finished thieves guild, all before encountering my no bounty Erasure problem. Power leveling sneak to master in the opening of the game and necking chameleon potions lets you get away with literally everything, then wouldn't ya know it, I hit the activate button on an NPC, they move, and boom, one accidentally stolen sweetroll unlocks a bunch of unreported crimes and, holy fuck, my bounty's 450,000

In Oblivion, the sands of resolve gotten from the necromancer in the first dark brotherhood contract given by Lucien lachance, does that hourglass do anything?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here