Upcoming games of 2018 you are looking forward to?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

What I am looking forward to?

Games that I have seen with Gameplay Footage:

-Warhammer: Vermintide 2 (Now with Chaos Warriors dedicated to Nurgle)

-FarCry 5 (I am feeling more positive towards this game than I was with 4)

-Soul Calibur 6 (Please have an awesome cinematic story mode like it was for Tekken 7)

-Dragon Ball FighterZ (The DBZ fighting Game to end all DBZ fighting games, and please have GT and Movie characters like Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta and Broly)

-Red Dead Redemption 2 (This game better exceed everything about the first game)

-Metro Exodus (The true STALKER 2?)

-Monster Hunter World (This is innovation Monster Hunter needed for YEARS now)

-World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth (And this one is shaping up to be just as good as Legion if not more so)

Games with no gameplay footage, but still interested in:

-Total War: Three Kingdoms (Sadly it won't be a Warhammer 3 this year, I'll see what this game has to offer though)

-Metroid Prime 4 (Please don't look like crap and please be more like Metroid Prime 1 and 2 and less like 3)

This one is my actual least interested but I want to know what the hell is Kojima's Death Stranding is gonna be at all.

Metroid is highly doubtfull for 2018. We barely got an "in development" announcement.

Personally, I'm looking forward to:

God of War
Last of Us 2
Secret of Mana (remake)
Red Dead 2
Bloodstained: Ritual of blood
Ni No Kuni 2
Code Vein

And then the dream game which I have no hope for seeing this year..... FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE motherfuckers! WOOOOO!!!! Yeah!!! please be good.

Commanderfantasy:
Metroid is highly doubtfull for 2018. We barely got an "in development" announcement.

Personally, I'm looking forward to:

God of War
Last of Us 2
Secret of Mana (remake)
Red Dead 2
Bloodstained: Ritual of blood
Ni No Kuni 2
Code Vein

And then the dream game which I have no hope for seeing this year..... FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE motherfuckers! WOOOOO!!!! Yeah!!! please be good.

Don't Forget the Resident Evil 2 Remake.

Last of Us 2....I have a Love/Hate relationship with it.

I like the gameplay, but goddman if this game isn't the most SJW game ever, fortunantly for Last of Us, Life is Strange supplanted that title.

Trying to think of what is out this year, ummm...

Red Dead Redemption 2. Should be fun if the last game is anything to go by.
I have Lost Sphear on preorder because I liked the demo.
Ni No Kuni 2 has my attention even though I never finished the first one even though I liked it.
Spider-Man could be fun, will see how see how it reviews.
Days Gone could also be fun, especially as I have little to no interest in The Last of Us 2.

I think thats it, should be a good year for clearing my backlog.

Untitled Goose Game!

Commanderfantasy:

everyone said Xenoblade 2 for a 2017 release was highly doubtful as well and look what happened there...

Catfood220:

Literally just looks like a Batman Arkham game just replace Bats with Spidey.

Yoshi178:

Commanderfantasy:

everyone said Xenoblade 2 for a 2017 release was highly doubtful as well and look what happened there...

Catfood220:

Which is why I wish there was a game that is like DC Universe Online and Arkham City had a baby.

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown. They're bringing back the dev teams that worked on AC04: Shattered Skies, AC5: The Unsung War and presumably AC0: The Belkan War. And said dev teams are taking us back to Strangereal, the fictional setting that Ace Combat had pretty much always taken place in until they came out with Ace Combat X2: Joint Assault.

It's going to be Osea versus Erusea this time. So strap in, Pilots, because we're headed home.

Samtemdo8:

Yoshi178:

Commanderfantasy:

Catfood220:

Which is why I wish there was a game that is like DC Universe Online and Arkham City had a baby.

Arkham Asylum was Awesome but Arkham city bored the absolute shit out of me. never bothered finishing City.

Yoshi178:

Samtemdo8:

Yoshi178:

Arkham Asylum was Awesome but Arkham city bored the absolute shit out of me. never bothered finishing City.

Having playing a Superman or Flash with Arkham Asylum type level design would not work.

And also Arkham Asylum had really low tier voice acting, and they had the cast from the Animated Series.

Samtemdo8:

Yoshi178:

Samtemdo8:

Having playing a Superman or Flash with Arkham Asylum type level design would not work.

And also Arkham Asylum had really low tier voice acting, and they had the cast from the Animated Series.

Don't care. Arkham Asylum was still much better than the shitty Arkham City.

Yoshi178:
snip

Well if you are a fan of Metroid, then hopefully you get it soon. I've never liked those games, so I'm not looking forward to it.

Metro Exodus
System Shock remake
Squadron 42 (if it release)
Witchfire
Kingdom come deliverance

and theres probably more depend on. Metro and System shock are must for me. they both will make 2018 a year.

Yoshi178:

Commanderfantasy:

Catfood220:

Meh, I'm not that excited by it I'll be honest. If it gets decent reviews I'll probably get it when it gets cheap.

Yoshi178:

Don't care. Arkham Asylum was still much better than the shitty Arkham City.

You could have said "Arkham Shitty". Come on, man, it was right there.

(For the record, I don't agree, but I can't let a pun opportunity pass by so brazenly).

OT:
Ni No Kuni 2
Yoshi (on the Switch)
System Shock remake
Metroid Prime 4
Kirby Star Allies
Spiderman

American Tanker:
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown. They're bringing back the dev teams that worked on AC04: Shattered Skies, AC5: The Unsung War and presumably AC0: The Belkan War. And said dev teams are taking us back to Strangereal, the fictional setting that Ace Combat had pretty much always taken place in until they came out with Ace Combat X2: Joint Assault.

It's going to be Osea versus Erusea this time. So strap in, Pilots, because we're headed home.

Trying to remember what my answer to this post in 2017 was I think it was ace combat 7 and mount and blade 2.

My answer for this years are... ace combat 7 and mount and blade 2.

Although it might have been last summer.

Otherwise civ 6 getting an expansion soon, which is always nice.

Samtemdo8:

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 (Now with Chaos Warriors dedicated to Nurgle)

Chaos Warriors in a Warhammer game that AREN'T dedicated to Khorne or Chaos Undivided? What madness is this?!

Samtemdo8:

Soul Calibur 6 (Please have an awesome cinematic story mode like it was for Tekken 7)

I admittedly haven't played a Soul Calibur game since 4, but from what I understand, it's a reboot of the series. If so...why? Why do we need another reboot in fiction? :(

Samtemdo8:

Total War: Warhammer 3. (Which will likely add Daemons of Chaos, Ogre Kingdoms, and Chaos Dwarfs and take place in the Darklands)

Chaos Dwarfs?

Hah!

Samtemdo8:

Don't Forget the Resident Evil 2 Remake.

Think Capcom may have forgotten it more than us.

Samtemdo8:

I like the gameplay, but goddman if this game isn't the most SJW game ever, fortunantly for Last of Us, Life is Strange supplanted that title.

Um...how?

Hawki:

I admittedly haven't played a Soul Calibur game since 4, but from what I understand, it's a reboot of the series. If so...why? Why do we need another reboot in fiction? :(

Apparently it was not intended to be a reboot at first but changed after a team shift in development. SC is my favourite fighting game franchise ever but honestly the story is nonsense all it needs in my opinion is magic sword everyone wants magic sword now fight incentive. It seems they may be trying to explain all the stupid stuff they did from some sort of time altering bs but honestly I would rather they just put the old cast back and ignored any story that happened in 5. Seems its going to be a reboot as in how SF4 rebooted SF after 3 messed it up really bad for people by ditching hugely popular characters for nobodies although SCV did it way worse imo.

Anyway my games I am looking forward to atm:-

Soul Calibur VI (love the series).

Dragon Ball Fighters Z (bit more lukewarm on this one due to the DLC bs going on but still looking forward to it).

Dissidia NT (probably my most looked forward to game of the year and if Tifa was in then it would likely be one of my most looked forward to games of all time so expectations are high atm).

Thats it so far and 2 are out real soon :)

Maximum Bert:

Apparently it was not intended to be a reboot at first but changed after a team shift in development. SC is my favourite fighting game franchise ever but honestly the story is nonsense all it needs in my opinion is magic sword everyone wants magic sword now fight incentive. It seems they may be trying to explain all the stupid stuff they did from some sort of time altering bs but honestly I would rather they just put the old cast back and ignored any story that happened in 5. Seems its going to be a reboot as in how SF4 rebooted SF after 3 messed it up really bad for people by ditching hugely popular characters for nobodies although SCV did it way worse imo.

I don't recall SC3 "messing up" - it might be my favorite game in the series. I certainly feel it has the best narrative of all the games I've played (not sure about the "nobodies," but I'm fine with fighting game rosters changing), because while it's hardly in-depth, there's at least a stronger narrative thrust, with Siegfried and Nightmare coming ever closer to one final battle, and Zasalamel pulling the strings. SC4 was a letdown narratively (the story is a regression in how it's handled), but after 4, I don't see where you can go. Soul Calibur has turned into a being just as bad as Soul Edge, we've come face to face with Algol himself, where does one go from there? Apparently SC5 had the answer to that, but never played it.

Point is, I thought the series was done narrative-wise since SC4. But if one's rebooting a series, often I find it a tacit admission that you've either messed up, or run out of ideas, or just can't bring yourself to accept that every series has to end eventually.

Samtemdo8:

Seriously, what isn't "SJW" in the eyes of those who use the term unironically?

I'm probably missing a lot, but here's a rough list:

Monster Hunter World
Dragonball FighterZ
Spider-Man
God of War
Ghost of Tsushima
Kingdom Hearts 3 (Please?)
Digimon Story Cyber Slueth - Hackers Memory
Dynasty Warriors 9
Kirby Star Allies
Detroit: Become Human
Megaman 11
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Project Octopath Traveler.

Casual Shinji:

Samtemdo8:

The overpraise of the character of Ellie from everywhere I have seen is the biggest example.

But to be fair, I am curious to see her in the 2nd game now that she's grown up because I couldn't stand her as a young little girl.

@Hawki

Regarding Your Post about Vermintide 2: To be fair Warhammer Online had Chaos Warriors dedicated to Tzeentch as the playable race.

Regarding Total War: Hey man, know one thought the Hell Pit Abomination would get made and look what happened.

Regarding your post about Last of Us: I explined why to Casual Shinji and I have more to say, unless you want to know how Life is Strange supplanted it.

I forgot that Valkyria Chronicles 4 is out this year, hopefully it'll be as good as the first one and nothing like the travesty of a Valkyria game released last year.

Firstly, just stop with the SJW nonsense. Do you understand what evidence you'd need to prove any game had a SJW agenda? And to think any major publisher is going to push an agenda that equates to less sales is asinine. The largest demographic is going to get pandered to all the time. And if there is an actual SJW game, it will be done to pander to get sales and not push an agenda. A game having a character that's not a straight white male means nothing, maybe (just maybe) the writer didn't feel like writing another straight white male character. But, of course, logic has no place in such Internet bullshit so why did I even type any of this?

OT:
Anyways, there's very little 2018 games I'm looking forward too, the industry seems to have blown their load last year pretty much across the board. Is Arkane making any game that releases this year? I'm down for whatever they make, it's all been good. Maybe there's going to be some great mid-tier games that really don't get press like a Divinity or Shadow Tactics. I'm fine with 2018 being a down year as I have a bunch of games to catch up on anyway. The following is what I know about and am interested in so far:

-The Last of Us 2. I hope the story is up there with the original but with video games, can you ever really depend on a good story? Naughty Dog has written some shit stories themselves like Uncharted 3. Hopefully the gameplay can be elevated with actual good AI that the E3 trailer for the original TLOU showed off instead of what we actually got.

-Spiderman. I hope it's a good Spiderman game. I purposefully don't play games with Arkham combat unless I'm really into the subject matter and the last game with Arkham combat I played was Arkham Knight. Hopefully, I've taken enough of a break so that Arkham combat will be fun again along with Insomniac hopefully spicing it up as well. I also hope Insomniac builds a world/story/characters for Spiderman as good as Rocksteady did for Batman.

-Vampyr. The game looks pretty interesting with a lot of potential. Hopefully there's a lot of meaningful choices in this RPG. I also hope it's an RPG that doesn't waste the player's time because I have just about zero tolerance for that, just give me the good stuff instead of artificially padding out your game (and RPGs are the worst offenders IMO).

None of them. If I hear good stuff when it's out, I'll look into it, but I don't do hype anymore and nothing on the horizon is really grabbing my attention.

Casual Shinji:

Samtemdo8:

To be fair, game content has changed drastically in a progressive direction in recent years, just as the playerbase has become more inclusive in terms of class, gender, and race. We're a long way from the old days of rigid, set-in-stone game genres with narrow scope. To give you an idea, once upon a time Ultima Underworld was heralded as innovative. Yet as innovative as it was, it was still a dungeon crawling RPG in the vein of many that had come before. Now outside of the AAA market it's rare for a game to *not* have something interesting or special about it. And most importantly, low budget games have exposure now through places like Steam and Twitch that they never could have dreamed about with the dominance of retail stores with limited shelf space which AAA publishers controlled, and Kickstarter reduces the influence of big capital publishers on developers.

To those of us who think the "New Gaming" is amazing, diverse, and far more democratic than the old way, we can hardly understand that there are many conservative gamers who are threatened by and/or dismissive of recent developments. And so enter GamerGate, a reactionary movement attempting to curb the diversity and ideally roll things back to the "good old days".

Nothing really jumps off the wall, but I would say that these games are on my radar, at least:

Metro Exodus
Spider-Man
Red Dead Redemption 2 (Though I wont get it until it gets a PC release)
The Walking Dead Final Season

Im pretty sure that Halo 6 will get announced this year, so Im excited for that. Not happy excited, mind you, just more of a morbid curiosity.

briankoontz:

Casual Shinji:

Samtemdo8:

To be fair, game content has changed drastically in a progressive direction in recent years, just as the playerbase has become more inclusive in terms of class, gender, and race. We're a long way from the old days of rigid, set-in-stone game genres with narrow scope. To give you an idea, once upon a time Ultima Underworld was heralded as innovative. Yet as innovative as it was, it was still a dungeon crawling RPG in the vein of many that had come before. Now outside of the AAA market it's rare for a game to *not* have something interesting or special about it. And most importantly, low budget games have exposure now through places like Steam and Twitch that they never could have dreamed about with the dominance of retail stores with limited shelf space which AAA publishers controlled, and Kickstarter reduces the influence of big capital publishers on developers.

To those of us who think the "New Gaming" is amazing, diverse, and far more democratic than the old way, we can hardly understand that there are many conservative gamers who are threatened by and/or dismissive of recent developments. And so enter GamerGate, a reactionary movement attempting to curb the diversity and ideally roll things back to the "good old days".

No GamerGate was a reactionary movement against dishonest gaming jounalism.

The Last of Us 2 (If it comes out this year)

Crackdown 3

Metro Exodus

Halo 6 (If it comes out for PC, Halo isn't a console seller anymore thanks to 343i)

Monster Hunter World

Far Cry 5

That's pretty much it, more will probably (hopefully) come after E3.

Samtemdo8:

briankoontz:

Casual Shinji:

No GamerGate was a reactionary movement against dishonest gaming jounalism.

No it was both.

Also, if the GGers took two seconds to listen to the Anti-GGers, they'd realise that the average Anti-GGers was agreeing with them generally about journalistic ethics. And if Anti-GGers took two seconds, they'd realise that most GGers didn't criticise women. But then the Internet just can't have nice things. A small minority on both sides manipulated the situation to cause huge issues. And both majorities lapped it up.

God of War. It's going to have a surprise announcement for the release date sooner than later, I think.

Spider-Man PS4

Maybe Last of Us 2

Casual Shinji:

Samtemdo8:

The internet has made me hate the term SJW so much

Natemans:

Casual Shinji:

Samtemdo8:

The internet has made me hate the term SJW so much

Ugh me too.

OT: I don't look forward to games anymore. I can't afford most of them so there's not much point.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 54106)