Upcoming games of 2018 you are looking forward to?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

I've been burned by hype enough times to no longer let myself get too excited. That said, I'm looking forward to Metro Exodus the most, though I'm also interested in Red Dead (assuming 2K don't kill it with microtransactions), and Spiderman. I don't think TLoU2 or Cyberpunk have any chance of coming out in 2018, so I'm not including those.

Samtemdo8:

Regarding Total War: Hey man, know one thought the Hell Pit Abomination would get made and look what happened.

That's a skaven unit. Skaven are a pretty popular race in WHFB, whereas Chaos Dwarfs are pretty much unknowns.

Samtemdo8:

Regarding your post about Last of Us: I explined why to Casual Shinji

Alright, let's see:

Samtemdo8:

The overpraise of the character of Ellie from everywhere I have seen is the biggest example.

"Overpraise" of a character has nothing to do with being an "SJW," which is a moronic term anyway. But if being "overpraised" is all it takes to be an SJW, then pretty much any character ever created is an SJW, as being overpraised is down to personal view.

Samtemdo8:

Casual Shinji:
Seriously, what isn't "SJW" in the eyes of those who use the term unironically?

The overpraise of the character of Ellie from everywhere I have seen is the biggest example.

How does that make it "SJW" -- Wouldn't that make it 'overrated'?

BabyfartsMcgeezaks:
The Last of Us 2 (If it comes out this year)

It won't.

Sony only ever seems to release their big exclussives in Spring, and this game is not releasing within the next 7 months. The earliest you can hope for is Spring '19.

Anyway, God of War looks nice, Detroit: Become Human will be good for a laugh, Monster Hunter World has peaked my interest, Spider-Man, Days Gone... eh, we'll see.

If they announce that the next Borderlands game will be coming out this year than I'll say that, otherwise there isn't really anything that I'm that particularly interested in at the moment. This is not helped by the fact that I don't really have money for games these days and haven't played the previous game(s) for a lot of the games that are confirmed for this year.

Hawki:

Samtemdo8:

Regarding Total War: Hey man, know one thought the Hell Pit Abomination would get made and look what happened.

That's a skaven unit. Skaven are a pretty popular race in WHFB, whereas Chaos Dwarfs are pretty much unknowns.

Samtemdo8:

Regarding your post about Last of Us: I explined why to Casual Shinji

Alright, let's see:

Samtemdo8:

"Overpraise" of a character has nothing to do with being an "SJW," which is a moronic term anyway. But if being "overpraised" is all it takes to be an SJW, then pretty much any character ever created is an SJW, as being overpraised is down to personal view.

Fine, but I Still think she's an annoying brat regardless, she's ruins the tone and immersion of the game with her smart ass quips and antics. I roll my eyes when she opens her mouth. Which makes me hope that in the second game she matures now that she's grown up.

Like in Ben 10 I could not stand the kid when he was 10 years old, than he grew up in the Alien Force series and he is a much more tolerable and compelling chararcter for it because he matured.

2018 is my time to Shine!

Bloodstained. Just Bloodstained, unless I get proven wrong and the System Shock remake/reboot can live up to the original.

Hawki:

Samtemdo8:

They had an army list for 8th edition, which is more than Norsca has and they still made a full roster for them, where they pulled from even more obscure lore than Chaos Dwarves, and released it.
Chaos Dwarves were datamined a few months after release of TWWH1 for DLC15 or 16, can't remember. They were either right before or right after Ogres in the initial plans(which changed about a year ago according to dev comments to be fair). Note, same datamine put Tomb Kings, which release on the 23rd, as DLC8, gave us the first info of TWWH2 being set in the new world and puts TWWH3 as a Chaos focused game, with demons being split into 4 factions IIRC.
And before I forget about it, the Skaven lord that is released later this month was also datamined and is one who's fairly unknown(Tretch Craventail).

Red Dead Redemption 2 and The Last of Us 2. They only have one game before them and I didn't consider them "franchise" material - RDR was conclusive enough that the sequel is actually a prequel (and what's the point, knowing what we now know?) and TLoU was also conclusive enough that a sequel is pointless. So I'm mostly curious where they go from there. Same with God of War - six or seven games in, this will be the first major reinvention for the franchise, so I'm curious.

Also, loved Ni no Kuni, but having a sequel with Oliver kinda defeats the mental escapism angle of the first game doesn't it?

Unlike last year, not a whole lot that I am looking forward to at this time. There is Zwei: The Arges Adventure which should be coming out in the next month or so. Beyond that any potential game that I want either hasn't been announced for localization, or no solid release date that determines it would be this year. The new SMT game probably won't be until next year at the earliest. Heck, the game I am looking forward most to is a fan translation of a game that came out around a decade ago with no indication of ever getting an official western release (Trails of Zero).

Alas, the year is young, and last year a number of games I loved got announced as the year went on, so sky's the limit at this time. Short term there isn't much for me to look forward to.

trunkage:
No it was both.

Also, if the GGers took two seconds to listen to the Anti-GGers, they'd realise that the average Anti-GGers was agreeing with them generally about journalistic ethics. And if Anti-GGers took two seconds, they'd realise that most GGers didn't criticise women. But then the Internet just can't have nice things. A small minority on both sides manipulated the situation to cause huge issues. And both majorities lapped it up.

I agree with one thing about what you're saying - both sides didn't listen. The GGers didn't listen because a one-way distribution of their message was the point - Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Richard Spencer... distributing a message (propaganda) is their purpose, not listening.

The "Anti-GG" side didn't listen because they are arrogant. Instead of recognizing that their own position is a political one, they consider themselves to be True in the sense that alternatives are false. Especially alternatives that clash with their own beliefs. According to this logic, Anti-Racism is True, Diversity is True, Tolerance is True, with the opposites being not just politically undesirable but scientifically, against basic reality, and for the religious progressives, evil.

The problem with the Anti-GG side, or at least the culturally dominant segment of it, is that it's a form of blindness every bit as pernicious as the propagandistic myopia of the GGers.

Regardless of what one thinks of Richard Spencer, the only way to understand him is to avoid being terrified by and demonizing of his ideology. The first question asked of anything should always be Why? Why Richard Spencer? Why GG?

But because the purpose of the dominant culture of progressivism is the same totalitarian exclusivity of the alt-right, because the purpose is to create a New World without racism, hate, and greed, anyone who opposes this new world is wrong and evil. With Richard Spencer being the worst kind of wrong and evil.

It's two sides of the same coin.

I honestly have no idea what games are coming out anymore. I put in plenty of time to play them, but I very rarely actually put in the time to read the gaming news nowadays. XD

Casual Shinji:

Samtemdo8:

Casual Shinji:
Seriously, what isn't "SJW" in the eyes of those who use the term unironically?

It's SJW because she's a girl. Duh.

Kenbo Slice:

Casual Shinji:

Samtemdo8:

I never felt Claire Redfield from Resident Evil and Zoey from Left 4 Dead were SJW female charcaters.

But something about Ellie from the Last of Us just does.

Kenbo Slice:

Correction; Girl one doesn't like. That's what "SJW" seems to have become the blanket term for.

Well, I'll get excited if Cyberpunk 2077 comes out.

Gordon_4:
Well, I'll get excited if Cyberpunk 2077 comes out.

I never said what games are you excited for unless "looking forward to try or play" is the samething?

Should I have said interested?

Anything released to gog, and at the very least; without a denuvo infection if steam only...As far as AAA titles; I'll only get them when they go on sale @ 70%-90% as too many AAA companies want to screw us over; having said that, I really love European AAA indies such as the metro/witcher series, PB's Elex and The entire Divinity series!

They probably will not all come out this year but I want:

Metroid Prime 4: All of the previous games are excellent and Retro also did a great job with Donkey Kong.
Cyberpunk 2077: I love cyberpunk and The Witcher 1 and 3. This should be a creative and fun game.
Battletech, Mechwarrior 5, Archangel: I love giant robots.
Star Citizen: Wing Commander is one of my favorite series.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night: Castlevania is another of my favorites.
Mega Man 11: 9 and 10 were excellent tributes to a classic series.
No More Heroes 3, Shakedown Hawaii: More sequels to awesome games.
Out of the Box: Randal's Monday was an excellent Lucasarts-style adventure game and this is made by the same creators.
Red Dead Redemption: I know there will be some annoying missions given that this is a Rockstar game, but it should provide plenty of fun and freedom.
Bayonetta 3: Sequel to an awesome series that magic wonderful.

Games I do not want to see:
Days Gone: A perfect example of how boring and repetitive the zombie genre has become: It looks so tedious.
Metal Gear Survive: Fucks up one of my favorite series by turning it into another zombie game.
Detroit: Becoming Human: David Cage's horrible writing ruins his movies.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance: Be a boring guy in a boring world with a terrible combat system and boring quests. Endless excitement!
Vampyr: I have no idea how a game about being a vampire can look so boring and forgettable.
DayZ: Fuck this boring, creatively bankrupt game and all the wannabes like WarZ, Player Unknown's Battlegrounds and Digital Homicide's complete lack of work.
Night Trap rerelease: Why is this piece of shit, about as good as F.M.V. games got being restored while the forgotten 1992 classic Bucky O'Hare is dead?
Escape from Tarkov: I saw someone play the beta version and it seemed to be nothing but running through empty buildings and fields and occasionally shooting at something.
Games from From Software: Its games are incredibly broing, creatively bankrupt, colorful, joyless and horrible.

I also want Psychonauts 2, Death Stranding, Shin Megami Tensei 5 and Sea of Thieves. Ni No Kuni 2 looks like shit: the first one was surprisingly good, but this looks slow and boring.

None, really. Unfortunately, I've become way too cynical and publisher bullshit has really put a dampener on my expectations for games. I'm fully expecting Red Dead Redemption 2 to have shit like shark cards and too much heavy online focus.

Plus, ever since The Phantom Pain was released I've been very careful to try and keep hype levels extremely low. That game really took a lot out of me!

Unless Metal Gear Rising 2 is coming out, I don't really have much to be excited for. I guess Metro Exodus could be good, I've only seen the reveal trailer though.

Ace Combat 7, Yakuza 6/Kiwami 2 and Code Vein.

I'm waiting to see about Metro Exodus.

A couple off the top of my head are Ni no Kuni 2 and Kingdom Hearts 3 (it will actually release this year dammit!).
I like the Last of Us so I'm looking forward to Last of Us 2 as well.
Red Dead Redemption was fun, but I wouldn't say I was clamouring for another one.

Honestly, I'm not really sure what's due to release this year.

Yoshi178:

Has he ever had his own game before? I know he had his Island and a couple offshoots here and there, but his own full-fledged platformer?

Anyways it looks gorgeous. Definitely a front runner for best artistic visuals, platforming, design, etc. I'd get a Switch for this over all their other 1st party offerings so far.

1.Yakuza 6

2.Soul Calibur 6

3.Shenmue 3

4.Detroit:Become Human

5.God Of War 4

6.Red Dead Reddemption 2

7.Walking Dead season 4

8.A way out

9.The Last of us part 2

10.Resident Evil 2 Remake

These are not an anticipated games list,it's the order that they are supposed to come out.

Forgot about Code Vein. But it is more on the pile of 'games that look interesting but I am not completely sure about yet'.

Technically Dynasty Warriors 9, but their shift in focus and abundance of clone weapons has me very worried we're in for a second Dynasty Warriors 6 situation, I mean, I still had fun playing it, but not as much fun as I could have.

Oh, and Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition! Please please please come out sooner than later... (on Steam, I know I can get it now from Beamdog directly, but I want it on Steam and dont want to go through their customer service to transfer it to steam when it does come out)

hanselthecaretaker:

Yoshi178:

Has he ever had his own game before? I know he had his Island and a couple offshoots here and there, but his own full-fledged platformer?

...Yes, you just said a bunch of them. Plus wasnt there one where he was made of yarn recently?

Magic: The Gathering Arena.

Mostly Spiderman PS4 and Travis Strikes Again but Witchfire might me a good surprise for me.

Forgot to add this one my list and I am amazed I forgot: World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth expansion:

Samtemdo8:

I never felt Claire Redfield from Resident Evil and Zoey from Left 4 Dead were SJW female charcaters.

Maybe because Chloe and Zoey were around before "SJW" entered the nomalcature?

Swear to god, if RE2 was released today, there'd be prats up in arms crying bullshit that Claire, a female civilian, is as capable as Leon (a male cop).

retsupurae yahtsee:

Metroid Prime 4: All of the previous games are excellent and Retro also did a great job with Donkey Kong.

Just so you know (in case you don't), Retro isn't the one making MP4.

Call of Cthulhu
Vampyr
Detroit: Become Human
Kingdom Hearts 3
The Last of Us 2
A Way Out

I hope all of them release as scheduled. :D

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or