Predict God of War?s release date

An announcement has been made that the release date will be revealed very soon. So in that spirit, here's my own personal prediction:

Sony is being coy for strategical reasons, but I think we'll be playing sooner than most people think. It's well know that the game has been playable from start to finish for over a year now, and they've had quite a while to polish and add what is needed. March releases have always been traditional to the series and along with the day itself, both thematically cover possibly the two most significant numbers in Norse mythology: 3 & 9.

So what do you think?

I think it will be released upon the arrival of Fimbulvetr.

Twice have these events come to pass in the past. The third shall be a winter to end all winters. Terrible and unending, driving man to the depths of depravity.

Brothers shall strive and slaughter each other, own sister's children shall sin together. Ill days among men, many a whoredom. An axe-age, a sword-age; shields shall be cloven. A wind-age, a wolf-age; ere the world totters.

The cosmic order will be disrupted, bringing with it many cataclysms. Giant wolves will swallow the sun and moon, and extinguish all stars and heavenly bodies. A great earthquake will rend the earth, breaking all bonds, releasing Loki, the Fenris wolf and finally, the new God of War game.

The release date will be one year before I buy the game.

Chimpzy:
I think it will be released upon the arrival of Fimbulvetr.

Twice have these events come to pass in the past. The third shall be a winter to end all winters. Terrible and unending, driving man to the depths of depravity.

Brothers shall strive and slaughter each other, own sister's children shall sin together. Ill days among men, many a whoredom. An axe-age, a sword-age; shields shall be cloven. A wind-age, a wolf-age; ere the world totters.

The cosmic order will be disrupted, bringing with it many cataclysms. Giant wolves will swallow the sun and moon, and extinguish all stars and heavenly bodies. A great earthquake will rend the earth, breaking all bonds, releasing Loki, the Fenris wolf and finally, the new God of War game.

God...hopefully we'll still have power. I don't think Odin will be around to lend some juice for our PS4s.

I'd be really surprised if it was march. They need some time to cash in on pre-orders and for their marketing to hype the game. I'd say june the earliest. :p

Well Sony announced it at E3 2016, so i'm gonna say it'll release in 2020.

Looks like I might not be far off.

Expect a media blitz and a fury of preorders. Sony should also put the launch trailer in theater previews.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here