Gaming Unpopular opinion

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

The Last of Us is a mediocre FORCED stealth game that had a sloppy save system and didn't make sense in its own universe. The design is meant to force the player to play a certain way. I love stealth games but this just shit the bed. The game's design options were chosen and so there is a disconnect between the story and the gameplay.

But unlike some people here who I suspect are just trolling, I have defended this position since I got the game when it came out.

1. Joel's skills are really weak considering he has been surviving in the zombie apocalypse for 20 years. Why does he need to learn the most basic of survival skills?

2. Breakable weapons... I get it but make it realistic. Rotted wood will break when you beat a zombie with it. A steel pipe has less chance of breaking while you swing it than your shoulders being dislocated from the repeated action.

3. Lack of bullets
Forcing stealth is sloppy. Especially through this method. Odd though that people can shoot hundreds of rounds at me for ten minutes straight and then when I kill them and search a half dozen enemies I find three bullets. Does that mean if I waited 10 more seconds they would have run out?

4. Lack of bullets part 2
Why, when I have a backpack, can I only carry a handful of bullets until I upgrade that "skill"?

5. Save system
Why can I "manually" save but then it just reverts to the most recent auto save location?

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale was better then the last Smash Bros game and deserves a sequel.

Silentpony:

B-Cell:

Bioshock infinite is worst AAA FPS game ever ever made. its really that bad

Why so? I loved that game. I found it very challenging and exciting. Hell, its the only game I've 100%.
What didn't you like about it? Granted the ending is bugger nuts, and Elizabeth can get kinda annoying.

I'd say it pulls in an almost entirely downwards direction from Bioshock. Way more generic mook enemies, culminating in the janky final battle. While it has a similar set of the vigors, they're introduced in an order that begins with the utterly generic ones, which comboed with the games upgrade system disincentivizes you from using the interesting ones when you do finally get them. (Bioshock starts out with the bullet catching, in contrast). Which to a degree covers the guns as well (though they're pretty stock in general).

There's fewer characters overall, and not much options in your interactions with them (Part of that is the timey-wimey nonsense would make actions irrelevant anyways). The plot as a whole makes your own actions more or less irrelevant. Booker, Daisy, or anyone else is basically an irrelevance wiped away by time-god Elizabeth.

The couple of unique mechanics the game did try and hype up were the Skylines, which didn't really operate well, you were much better off staying on the ground and shooting accurately. The other was the Tears, but that just boiled down to conjuring advantages into the battlefield (some of which, like ammo and health, were pointless, because Elizabeth will just toss you them anyways. And others like the ally Lincolns were never explained why Comstock's robot from a different timeline would be at all on your side).

I didn't particularly Elizabeth annoying, although she did have a tendency to make the game look silly if you caught sight of her running through the battlefield. Last of Us was way worse for that though.

FoolKiller:

2. Breakable weapons... I get it but make it realistic. Rotted wood will break when you beat a zombie with it. A steel pipe has less chance of breaking while you swing it than your shoulders being dislocated from the repeated action.

Realism is a funny complaint. I have seen people complain that they can carry 6 swords, 12 helmets and so on because that's not realistic but being able to cast a fire spell apparently passes the realism test.

Silentpony:

My problem with Silent Hill 2, and this may be my fault, is I played if after several other Silent Hill games. After Silent Hill 1, Silent Hill 3, Silent Hill 4, Silent Hill Homecoming, Downpour, Shattered Memories, and Origins. I had heard it, Silent Hill 2, was the scariest, deepest, more disturbing, shocking and cerebral game of the series.

And I played it. And its really really boring. Not only is the majority of the game spent running around, doing nothing in the town, the enemies couldn't care less. With a few exceptions, you can go through huge sections of the game without having to fight anything. You can just walk right passed the nurses and weird leg monsters, and sometimes they'll attack, sometimes not, and always too slow to catch up to you.
The notable exception are the bosses, all of whom except Pyramid Head, are way too dirty brown amorphous shapes to know what they are, let alone be scary.
Pyramid Head himself is...barely in it. You see him a few times, he chases you a few times, you fight him, and then you kill him. Granted when he's chasing you its kinda scary, but its over way too soon and happens twice.

The plot is all over the place, fluctuating from mindlessly dull to mindbogglingly stupid. James as a protagonist is lame. He's unlikable, the voice acting is terrible, his dialogue is terrible, and his character arc is predictable, although it may be my fault as I played plenty of SH games, I was easily able to guess what was going on pretty early on, right around the time you meet Maria.
All the other characters are just annoying. I know within the town itself, reality is weird and different for everyone, but the NPCs are so non sequitur I feel like they should have taken dialogue from different games entirely.

"My name is James. What's going on in this town?"
"Every time I look into a monitor, Prime, my circuits sizzle! When are we going to start busting Deceptichops?!"

"We should go to that hotel, the one on the lake"
"Your treasury is too small. Make it larger"

The combat I will give them is supposed to be bad. James is not a Space Marine, and I can't expect to swing a bat or anything, but that doesn't make it any more fun. And its not scary or intense, like Bloodborne or Bioshock. Its dull and hard to control and frustrating, like Blast Corps 64.

More than anything though, its not scary. The atmosphere isn't great or oppressive. Homecoming and Silent Hill 3 both did a much better job of keeping the town threatening and creepy. Silent Hill 2 just has an empty town for most of the game.

I'm curious in what you're remembering.

I'll agree James is an acquired taste. If you were a fan, you would know that the development team actually sought out Guy Cihi due to his natural stilted mannerisms, behavior and tone of voice. The team modeled James to look Cihi specifically because they wanted James to be dull, uninteresting, and not like your typical game protagonist. If he's not your cup of tea, I get that. But he's like that for a reason. In that respect, I think Cihi did a tremendous job as someone who always seemed uneasy in his own skin. And that made the ending that much better.

Most of the time you're in Silent Hill, you're in the Lake View Apartments, The Hospital, the Silent Hill Historical Society/"Holy Shit, we're stories underground, why is there a prison here", and the final destination.

Throughout that, you're peppered with characters who make you doubt your every step, cryptic writings ("There was a hole here, it's gone now"), and in my opinion some of the creepiest environments around. They created things like [Spoilers for anyone who hasn't beaten the game] the Prisoner just to literally fuck with you.

And more importantly, they left mysteries that we are still arguing to this day. About Character interactions. Did they truly happen in the manner of how we think? About Events and happpenings, rule breaking and the like. Or did Silent Hill follow every rule it set about and we assumed everything wrong.

... can we PLEASE set up a Silent Hill discussion thread? Please?! I need to talk about this stuff with someone!

I think I have one of the most unpopular opinion of modern gaming;

I love anime style graphics.

Hell I would love it if they had more stylized, cartoon like graphics like many Dreamcast and a few Playstation 2 games instead of this constant glut of Liefeldian ideas of "realism".

Hell I don't know why gamers think it's an "unpopular" opinion as nearly everyone had stated it over and over on every board on the net. Maybe you guys are really out of touch, it's not 1997 any more.

So please shut up about it.

JRPGs are superior to WRPGs.

Crafting is worse than griding in every shape and form.

Tank controls are not bad, they are just old school FPS shooter controls. System Shock on the other hand had horrible controls but that always seems to get a pass.

Gamers caused the lootboxes, nickle and dimeing by big companies due to demands without restraint. You demand Hollywood quality actors, many writers, programmers, artists who work for several years to produce a 1:1 scale of a real world location in many details and demand more. You can take one on the chin and go back to Playstation 2, or pay two to three hundred dollars per game.

Games don't need full mocapped, voice acted movie quality.

Online play is stupid because of the amount of cheating, the demand for it was because they want "a challenge" but turn right around and load up on cheats and cheap tricks. Why not just stick to computers for kicks?

Games don't need a leveling system, just let everyone have the same power-ups and weapons and design a game around that.... Oh yeah, can't do an "open world" that way...

The idea of "90 percent" is killing games as a whole. Think about it, ten percent of a million is a thousand, ten percent of a thousand is a hundred, ten percent of a million is a thousand, ten percent of a thousand is a hundred, ten percent of a hundred is ten, and if you go below that is one, beyond that it becomes fractions of a single entry.

That's not factoring personal taste into the equation.

Games should stop with "gray" morality, hell get rid of the morality system all together and focus on a hero game or a villain game.

Stop blaming kids for all of your faults, they are not the ones stealing the credit cards to feed the lootbox monster, it's thirty year olds who have a addiction problem.

60 frames per second is unnatural, there has to be a blur for natural movement and that stops at 30 frames per second. Plus you might not have a monitor that has that kind of refresh rate so you are actually mentally tricking yourself you "see" smother frames.

14 to 24 is superior, deal with it.

Video games are not art, they are not the "ultimate" medium that tells the best story ever.

Games had gotten extremely violent, gory and sickening, and I've seen many gamers become violent in real life over the stupidest things. So maybe those old farts were onto something.

Immersion is stupid, you are just a person holding a controller in your hands, you did not slay the dragon, shoot the enemy or such.

Video games are just toys, a cartoon that a program slots reactions of a controller in the hands of a user.

ObsidianJones:
SNIP

I'm always here to talk about Silent Hill!

But my read on it was slightly different. Its established Silent Hill is haunted, so weird things happening or disappearing never felt like James was going crazy, just the town trolling him. I assume we're going to see ghost people or chairs will move or things will disappear if we're already in a ghost town. Once you have walking manikins and acid spitting rape monsters, things disappearing is pretty on-par.

Silent Hill 3 did it so much better. You don't even make it to Silent Hill until about the half way point. And things that are actually strange happen in the real world, like how Heather is suddenly pregnant, or when Vincent goes "They look like monsters to you?!"
It worked because you already fought monsters outside of Silent Hill, thus leading us to believe Heather could be crazy. Once you're in Silent Hill itself, all bets are off on reality vs creepy world.
But outside of Silent Hill, knowing the town is haunted only in the surrounding area, and yet you're still seeing monsters. Way better.

That's why Silent Hill 4 was so good. And Homecoming. I'll admit it, my heart was pounding in my chest during Homecoming! Scared the crap out of me!

Alright, I'll bite.

Rockstar games never really have been able to top GTA3 with future games in my eyes. 2 and 3, and occasionally Vice City are the only GTA's I stil play. Though I do have a few nitpicks with VC.

Speaking of GTA, it really should go back to the same aesthetics as 2, the retro-sci-fi.

DOOM 2016 has too many flaws to be considered good in my eyes. It is bland at best in every department, even the soundtrack.

Duke Nukem Forever is a very flawed game, but nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be.

I love Borderlands 2, but Handsome Jack is just an utterly terrible, and annoying villain. It made me run into a burnout on the story I'm stil not over a few years later.

Might be more, but these I recall from the top of my head.

Silentpony:

ObsidianJones:
SNIP

I'm always here to talk about Silent Hill!

But my read on it was slightly different. Its established Silent Hill is haunted, so weird things happening or disappearing never felt like James was going crazy, just the town trolling him. I assume we're going to see ghost people or chairs will move or things will disappear if we're already in a ghost town. Once you have walking manikins and acid spitting rape monsters, things disappearing is pretty on-par.

Silent Hill 3 did it so much better. You don't even make it to Silent Hill until about the half way point. And things that are actually strange happen in the real world, like how Heather is suddenly pregnant, or when Vincent goes "They look like monsters to you?!"
It worked because you already fought monsters outside of Silent Hill, thus leading us to believe Heather could be crazy. Once you're in Silent Hill itself, all bets are off on reality vs creepy world.
But outside of Silent Hill, knowing the town is haunted only in the surrounding area, and yet you're still seeing monsters. Way better.

That's why Silent Hill 4 was so good. And Homecoming. I'll admit it, my heart was pounding in my chest during Homecoming! Scared the crap out of me!

I got you, Fam

Shooters in general are a shit genre and their dominance of the gaming world for the last fifteen years has been a major contributor to the blandness of the gaming landscape.

"Multiplayer only" is a cheap cop-out for devs who have an idea for mechanics and a setting but have no clue how to write a single player campaign. Nearly all games should have a single player campaign of decent length.

"Controller support" is no excuse for not putting any thought into a decent mouse & keyboard control system, some of us don't use controllers at all.

Also OP is as wrong as a very wrong person about a hell of a lot of things but never has he been wronger than he is about The Witcher 3.

Mothro:

FoolKiller:

Realism is a funny complaint. I have seen people complain that they can carry 6 swords, 12 helmets and so on because that's not realistic but being able to cast a fire spell apparently passes the realism test.

Its whats established within the context of the setting. People can will fire into existence and direct it from their hands. But we're literally shown that a greatsword is a 6 foot piece of metal that occupies physical space (and in most cases, is assigned physical weight), so a 6 foot 5 warrior dude can't fit too many of those on his person as a result.

Going back to Last of Us, everything in the surrounding environment is probably unrealistically sturdy for 20-30 years without any maintenance and exposed to the elements. Thats to facilitate the nearly on rails level design, of course, but if stair railings and drywall and window frames are all unreakable, even the planks Joel uses, nevermind the metal pipes should work fine. A similar disconnect happens with the enemies having infinite ammo (and then not even dropping any half the time)

infohippie:
Also OP is as wrong as a very wrong person about a hell of a lot of things but never has he been wronger than he is about The Witcher 3.

Ah, that reminds me. Another unpopular opinion.

Witcher 3 is just a bunch of fetch/ kills just like Skyrim. The only two things making them better are detectovision and sometimes better characters. Unfortunately, Witcher has some really bad characters from the annoying Dandelion to the utterly villainous, must be put down for the sake of humanity Yennefer. I don't care if she's your girlfriend, Geralt, don't let them do experiments on others that are designed to kill the subject.

So, Witcher = Skyrim + detectovision

Most triple A games are utter trash.
Most indie games are forgettable and not worth over $20.
The best western games are made by independant studios who lie somewhere inbetween.
Japan still makes the best games in the world. This isn't even limited to RPGs. Whenever a Japanese dev tries a western format, it's usually better.
MGS4 has a decent story amd was a great "ending" to the series. Including the post-credits stuff.
MGSV is a great game.
Persona 5's social links were worse than 4's. It got bogged down in waifu-tier shittery. Persona 4 also had a better story but I liked the cast of 5 more. 5s final boss was FUCKING SHIT.
Horizon: Zero Dawn was only good for the first hour. After that it's world is empty, though the drive to find out what Zero Dawn is kept me chugging along.
Bloodborne > the Souls games. I'm just sick of dark fantasy. I tried playing Dark Souls and was tired of the aesthetic before I was an hour in.
Modern stealth games are almost universally shit. The best stealth games were/are the Tenchu series.
I want all the funds from the Souls series to go into a new Armored Core core game.
STALKER is the greatest FPS series ever made but only due to the mod community.
Skyrim is worthless shit unless you download 100+ mods and spend days getting them to play together then you realise the act of actually modding Skyrim is still more fun than actually playing Skyrim.
Fallout 4 is unredeemable trash. Not even mods can save it.
Space Marines are the worst part of Warhammer 40k.
Imperial Guard and the Ecclesiarchy are the best part.
40k was inferior as a setting to Fantasy because the stakes mean nothing and the scale was too huge. Planet get destroyed on a routine basis, billions die day to day and it means nothing to anyone. All it has going for it was its aesthetic and satire.
Magnus did nothing wrong.
Star Wars is the most overrated franchise of all time. It has 9 films and 4 are terrible, 3 are mediocre and 2 are good.

Halo's soundtrack is incredibly bland. Its "incredible" main theme for example is mostly a bunch of aaaaah'ing and ooooh'ing with music that reminds me of something from a high school edu-tainment video.

Actually, the whole series (at least what I've played, 1-Reach) is bland. It's a competent console fps with great multiplayer features and above average enemy AI, but from a technical and artistic perspective it's pretty vapid, and full of aim assist. Comparing Halo 3 to Killzone 2 for example is to me like comparing an elevator ride to a roller coaster ride.

hanselthecaretaker:
Halo?s soundtrack is incredibly bland. Its ?incredible? main theme for example is mostly a bunch of aaaaah?ing and ooooh?ing with music that reminds me of something from a high school edu-tainment video.

Actually, the whole series (at least what I?ve played, 1-Reach) is bland. It?s a competent console fps with great multiplayer features and above average enemy AI, but from a technical and artistic perspective it?s pretty vapid, and full of aim assist. Comparing Halo 3 to Killzone 2 for example is to me like comparing an elevator ride to a roller coaster ride.

CannibalCorpses:

Final Fantasy 6 isn't so good, 7 and 10 are the best in the series.

Come on my man, 9 is clearly the best!

BabyfartsMcgeezaks:

Metal Gear Solid V is the second best game in the series after MGS3

I don't think anything has ever disappointed me so much in my life as MGSV did. It still hurts to watch the trailers.

Anyway, here's mine:

-Dark Souls needs a pause button, but only for offline mode. I don't care if the hardcore nerds would complain because of 'MUH DIFFICULTY', a button to pause the action would alleviate so much stress and trim down so many deaths. No pausing for inventory though, just a total game pause.

-MGS4 is dumb, gloriously dumb. It's fanservice to the max. Metal Gear games are at their best when mixing seriousness with complete absurdity.

-Metal Gear Rising is the most FUN game in the series and has the BEST final boss. Seriously, everything about the Armstrong fight is just perfect from an action game standpoint.

-The original Pokemon games aren't the best. Sorry, genwunners!

-Star Wars Battlefront 1 was better than Battlefront 2. More squad commands, ability to go prone, and ground-to-air combat was a blast. I'm not sure why they got rid of them for the second one.

-I find KOTOR clunky and boring.

-Metal Gear Solid V is non-canon garbage full of boring flat characters and tedious missions.

-The Mako in Mass Effect 1 is fun as hell to drive.

Sean Hollyman:
-Dark Souls needs a pause button, but only for offline mode. I don't care if the hardcore nerds would complain because of 'MUH DIFFICULTY', a button to pause the action would alleviate so much stress and trim down so many deaths. No pausing for inventory though, just a total game pause.

You know you can log out any time outside of combat, right? And log back in to the same spot? Once I figured that out I didn't miss the pause button really.

Sean Hollyman:

I never played it back in the day, and I tried playing it last year. I wanted to like it. But I just couldn't get through it, and I am one of the all time biggest Bioware fan boys.

I modded up the graphics the best I could, but it's not that the graphics are bad so much as the art style is just goofy looking. Weird eyes and lips and facial expressions. And most of the armor in the game is hideous.

And the combat feels dumb. Flip with light saber. Stand there for 3-4 seconds doing nothing. Then flip with light saber again. I know it's turn-based tactical combat, but it made it hard for me to feel like I was playing a badass jedi.

Kerg3927:

Sean Hollyman:

You know you can log out any time outside of combat, right? And log back in to the same spot? Once I figured that out I didn't miss the pause button really.

Sean Hollyman:

I never played it back in the day, and I tried playing it last year. I wanted to like it. But I just couldn't get through it, and I am one of the all time biggest Bioware fan boys.

I modded up the graphics the best I could, but it's not that the graphics are bad so much as the art style is just goofy looking. Weird eyes and lips and facial expressions. And most of the armor in the game is hideous.

And the combat feels dumb. Flip with light saber. Stand there for 3-4 seconds doing nothing. Then flip with light saber again. I know it's turn-based tactical combat, but it made it hard for me to feel like I was playing a badass jedi.

I tried playing KotoR again not long ago because I LOVED it at release on my Xbox and yeah, it's dated really badly. I mean I'm sure the story still holds up but it's clunky as shit.

Sean Hollyman:
The Mako in Mass Effect 1 is fun as hell to drive.

You're a mad man. A mad man, ya hear :P

Sean Hollyman:

That's one I agree with. I never understood all the complaints about the Mako, I really enjoyed it.

Sean Hollyman:

-MGS4 is dumb, gloriously dumb. It's fanservice to the max. Metal Gear games are at their best when mixing seriousness with complete absurdity.

Dark Souls: Not really a problem because as long as you haven't aggrod any enemies and you're hollow, all you have to do is find a relatively safe spot and park there. Dark Souls 2? Better be offline or in Majula....

MGS4: I'll agree it's pretty dumb and fanservicey. I'm just not sure that makes it work. I feel Snake Eater pulled off the Serious/Camp integration far better.

infohippie:

Sean Hollyman:

That's one I agree with. I never understood all the complaints about the Mako, I really enjoyed it.

Me too. I also didn't mind the hammerhead, flimsy but speedy

I liked Dragon Age 2 better than Inquisition or Mass Effect: Andromeda. I'm not saying 2 was amazing, but I always felt like I was just play a mediocre MMO with the lack of player interactions that make MMOs fun.

infohippie:

Sean Hollyman:

A lot of it seemed to come from people who drove in a straight line to all the objectives and had to fight with it over the mountains. Why they didn't just use the map to plot a quicker and easier route was just puzzling.

My unpopular opinion is that the combat in the first Mass Effect was the best in the series. No matter my class or location I always had opinions available to me. For example as an Adept I could be untrained in shotguns but still pull one out and use it. Using a shotgun and high explosive rounds was very effective against Creepers on Feros when they got in close. I never felt restricted as any of the classes in ME1.

In the next two games the only class I felt was unrestricted was the Soldier, weirdly I never felt I was just repeating myself with it. Yet sitting behind a chest high wall with an Adept triggering biotic combos or Charge, Nova, Shotgun with a Vanguard soon got old as it felt I was being forced into repeating myself rather than it being a natural part of that class.

votemarvel:

infohippie:

Sean Hollyman:

A lot of it seemed to come from people who drove in a straight line to all the objectives and had to fight with it over the mountains. Why they didn't just use the map to plot a quicker and easier route was just puzzling.

My unpopular opinion is that the combat in the first Mass Effect was the best in the series. No matter my class or location I always had opinions available to me. For example as an Adept I could be untrained in shotguns but still pull one out and use it. Using a shotgun and high explosive rounds was very effective against Creepers on Feros when they got in close. I never felt restricted as any of the classes in ME1.

In the next two games the only class I felt was unrestricted was the Soldier, weirdly I never felt I was just repeating myself with it. Yet sitting behind a chest high wall with an Adept triggering biotic combos or Charge, Nova, Shotgun with a Vanguard soon got old as it felt I was being forced into repeating myself rather than it being a natural part of that class.

Personally that's why I prefer ME3's loadout system better. Shepard is an elite operative, they should know how to point and fire all these weapons effectively without putting ranks into them. ME2 was a steep over-correction in terms of the RPG elements that thankfully made up for that with better presentation in other areas.

Sean Hollyman:

CannibalCorpses:

Final Fantasy 6 isn't so good, 7 and 10 are the best in the series.

Come on my man, 9 is clearly the best!

Sadly i never really got to play 9 seriously...i think my console broke and i was too busy going out drinking and getting laid at that time to buy another one until it's time had passed ;)

OT Borderlands is a pathetic excuse for a game and the story is utter shit. For that matter, all item-based rpg grindfests are crap aswell (yeah, i'm looking at you Diablo and Torchlight...and pretty much every MMO out there).

votemarvel:

infohippie:

Sean Hollyman:

Yeah, i can dig the Mako and i prefer the combat in the first game to what came after it. The second game pretty much destroyed any interest i had in the series...which is a shame because the first game got my hopes up for something special

Samtemdo8:
Overwatch was made for cringy and corny ass geeks that likes Cartoony Disney/Pixar/Marvel

Ok first of all, how the hell does Marvel work into Overwatch? Like, at all? Also, people who like Disney and Pixar? I think you just described around half of people in the western world, possibly more.

Samtemdo8:
without an ounce of grit

You talk about people liking something that isn't ultra edgy hardcore like that's a terrible thing.

Samtemdo8:
jacks off to the female characters because fan service

Oh please tell me more about how no one ever masturbated to World of Warcraft or Starcraft characters. I'll wait. You may not want to google Jaina Proudmore with safe search off. Same goes for Sarah Kerrigan.

Samtemdo8:
and the Memes, oh my goodness the fuckin memes :P

Five words. You must construct additional pylons. Two more words. Leeroy Jenkins. While I'm at it.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Memes/BlizzardEntertainment

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Memes/WorldOfWarcraft

Samtemdo8:
Overwatch was made for cringy and corny ass geeks that likes Cartoony Disney/Pixar/Marvel shit without an ounce of grit and jacks off to the female characters because fan service, and the Memes, oh my goodness the fuckin memes :P

Its art style almost triggers me as a guy that grows up with art style of the older Blizzard Games, We went from this epic, hyper-realistic and gritty look:

...Hyper realistic and gritty.

Ok, maybe in your book a pink lady with eyebrows that are about as wide as her fucking head are "realistic" and "gritty" but to me it's pretty cartoony. Even Starcraft has a lot of highly saturated colors and you're going to have to explain to me how aircraft that land and turn into ground combat units is realistic (and in anyway practical) along with magical brain powers, latex suit wearing assassins, an army that's made up nearly entirely of criminals (Apparently one Terran unit is considered to have below average concentration of convicts at around 42%. How the shit is Terran society not considered a failed state?), aliens with glowing swords and a magic half bug lady are realistic.

Samtemdo8:

To this colorful Disney/Pixar plagerized baby shit:

OH NO! COLORS! Why can't everything be brown, gray and black and utterly boring to look at!? Also, plagerizing? I forgot that Disney owned color.

Samtemdo8:

And the worse part is the mainstream gaming public didn't gave 2 shits about Blizzard except Blizzard fans until Overwatch came out

...Ok. I've been snarky up until this point, because your arguments were poorly founded, but now you've moved into the realm of pure objective incorrectness. The mainstream media didn't give two shits about Blizzard? I'm sorry, you're going to have to explain to me how WORLD OF FUCKING WARCRAFT, the biggest MMO OF ALL FUCKING TIME was such a niche property that flew under the radar. The same goes for Starcraft, which isn't as big, but is pretty big, big enough to be a national sport in Korea. And let's not forget Hearthstone, which single handily kickstarted a whole new generation of collectable card games. But no one payed attention to Blizzard until Overwatch? Did you sleep through the whole Diablo III DRM/auction house shit show? Because I didn't.

Here Comes Tomorrow:

STALKER is the greatest FPS series ever made but only due to the mod community.

Yaaaaaay! I share an unpopular opinion. Some of the mods kick ass- Call of Chernobyl was a blast.

altnameJag:

AAA games should cost more than $60.

I'm with you, so long as the higher price point is reflected in higher quality and it shows microtransactions, loot boxes and season passes the fucking door with a size 15, steel-toed combat boot bullseye'd to the anus after a 50-yard running start, and by "door" I mean "the plate glass window on the 44th floor of a skyscraper directly facing the gaping maw of a pit leading to the deepest level of hell."

I'm going to follow up on my earlier statement with EA.

EA's Battlefront 2 lootbox scheme was not the biggest DLC ripoff of 2017. At best, I'd say third.

Second goes to Raiders of the Broken Planet. I do really like the game BUT they release new characters for prices currently up to $40 of in-game gold (which is excessively hard to get and $50 skins that you HAVE to pay actual money for. (Ginebara just got a $75 skin but I'm limiting it to what came out in 2017.)

First goes to Marvel Heroes Omega. Ignoring that it was a bland Diablo ripoff, everything worth getting cost real money up to new characters that literally cost $80.00 each.

B-Cell:

Doom 2016 is best game of this generation and best FPS of decade.
uncharted, last of us are more of hollywood movies than games
Mafia 1 is best third person game in general ever made.

None of those are really that unpopular.

Alan wake is best third person horror action game ever

I can't agree with that for one reason: Alan Wake isn't scary. Like, at all. Those "not good" RE games weren't that scary either, but they did atleast provide a decent amount of gore and gross-out stuff, and some genuinely spooky enemies here and there(Regenerators).
That being sad, REVII does look like a good game, and NOT an Outlast clone, like someone tried to suggest.

OT: Iunno... "Fable" series was never good, i guess.

-The FNAF series is legitimately good, but is famous/popular for the wrong reasons
-None of the Souls games are good (Bloodborne is great, though)
-The last good Battlefield game was Battlefield 2 and the last good CoD was 2
-Blizzard hasn't made a good game since Warcraft 3
-The Warriors series is one of the greatest game series
-Every 3D Zelda game is overrated
-Postal 2 is one of the best FPS games
-Hatred is good game with a brilliant marketing strategy

erttheking:

Oh please tell me more about how no one ever masturbated to World of Warcraft or Starcraft characters. I'll wait. You may not want to google Jaina Proudmore with safe search off. Same goes for Sarah Kerrigan.

Hah, joke's on you! I did neither of those!

...I actually had a crush on Sylvanas in WC3...

erttheking:

Samtemdo8:
jacks off to the female characters because fan service

And Tyrande Whisperwind, Valeera Sanguinar, Aleria Windrunner, Vereesa Windrunner, Tess Greymane (two for the price of one!), Inquisitor Sally Whitemane ad infinitum. Shit does anyone remember the small stir caused by 'that' video of Exarch Yrel after Warlords of Draenor came out? Fuckin' Pepperidge Farm remembers >.<

I'm with erttheking - Blizzard is not exactly a new hand at creating characters - male and female - who satisfy some serious fanservice checklists. Overwatch is just their new kid on the block.

Dat Halloween Mercy though.

Have mercy indeed.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook