Poll: Gamer Exersize ideas

Using this as a base, and modifying t to what I can actually do, I thought I try this out and it workout and it actually helped

So I thought I could modify it for other games.

Here is the base

Here is how I modified it.

1See a Dragon: do 20 Sit ups.
2kill the Dragon: 20 Push Ups.
3Used Fast Travel: 10 Squats
4Found New Location: 10 Second Planks
5Learn New Shout: Do 20 Pushups against a wall.
6Met A Priest or Worshiper: 20 Arm Raises (Slowly raise both arms and lower them).
7Level Up: 40 pairs of Punches
8Shout: 20 Stair Steps
9But I took an Arrow to the Knee: 60 pairs of Open Palms
10Whatever song or video I had in the background ends:
11Used A Book to Level Up a Skill: 10 Walking Lunges
12 Died: 20 Lunges
Leveled Up a Skill: Practice 20 throws for Shotput or Javalin with my Strechy Exersize rubber thing (its about 35 pounds)
13Maxed out a Skill: 20 Jumping Jacks
14Someone stolle Your Sweet Roll: 20 Second Arm Streches
15. Go passed my max carry weight: 10 Seconds of trying to reach my toes.

Since I am in a Black Opps 2 fix, I desiced to modify the list for that.

So what would your exersi plans be (espesialy durring the loads and loads of loading).

Not a bad idea for online competitive matches. When you lose, keep doing push-ups (or something, I don't exercise) until the next match starts. Dunno how effective it'll be for MOBAs since I hear they can take up to 40 minutes to finish, but I play a lot of Splatoon 2 which only have 3 minute matches.

Lunges can be really bad on your knees - I wear a brace on my knee during training, and it still hurts. I'd swap out for 3-5mins, depending on your fitness, of jump-rope.

You don't need to to pushups and shoulder touches. swap one out for bicycle kicks. A strong core is needed for everything. Your arms and torso will take care of themselves.

If you can't do squats, I'd recommend wall sits for 60 seconds.

When doing punches, make sure to rotate with your hips. Most people - guys especially - rely on upper body strength for their punches. Instead rotate your hips and put your your whole body behind it. Practice this motion by standing straight, and putting your hands on your hips. Without moving your legs or head, rotate your torso so your head is over your shoulder. Go back and forth to get that flowing motion down. That's what you want when throwing a punch. a flowing, full body motion.

Silentpony:
Lunges can be really bad on your knees - I wear a brace on my knee during training, and it still hurts. I'd swap out for 3-5mins, depending on your fitness, of jump-rope.

You don't need to to pushups and shoulder touches. swap one out for bicycle kicks. A strong core is needed for everything. Your arms and torso will take care of themselves.

When doing punches, make sure to rotate with your hips. Most people - guys especially - rely on upper body strength for their punches. Instead rotate your hips and put your your whole body behind it. Practice this motion by standing straight, and putting your hands on your hips. Without moving your legs or head, rotate your torso so your head is over your shoulder. Go back and forth to get that flowing motion down. That's what you want when throwing a punch. a flowing, full body motion.

Man, someone has taught you how to do lunges wrong. Also, your VMO controls your patella but it's a postural muscle and needs long duration but light work to function properly. Check your TFL and ITB for tightness.

trunkage:

Silentpony:

Man, someone has taught you how to do lunges wrong. Also, your VMO controls your patella but it's a postural muscle and needs long duration but light work to function properly. Check your TFL and ITB for tightness.

Its not a matter of tightness or stretching. I've dislocated a kneecap and torn ligaments multiple times. Lunges straight up hurt for me, and most people do them improperly.

No way. I'm not interrupting my games to exercise, that sounds horrible. I like watching anime when I exercise, especially shonen.

Drathnoxis:
No way. I'm not interrupting my games to exercise, that sounds horrible. I like watching anime when I exercise, especially shonen.

I make a list on an Exel sheet. If I get over a hundred checkmarks, I convert the amounts for each set to minutes to walk or run. Have to walk the dogs sometime.

Silentpony:

trunkage:

Silentpony:

Its not a matter of tightness or stretching. I've dislocated a kneecap and torn ligaments multiple times. Lunges straight up hurt for me, and most people do them improperly.

That's crap to hear, man. Yeah, lunges can screw up a knee pretty quickly

Meh, the problem with this (and all exercise routines) is that they are really really boring. Just do what I do: get a dog and run with her with maybe some podcast in the background.

Silentpony:

Tell me about it. I swapped them out for zercher squats and not only did I become stronger for it but my knee pain vanished.

saint of m:

Drathnoxis:

I make a list on an Exel sheet. If I get over a hundred checkmarks, I convert the amounts for each set to minutes to walk or run. Have to walk the dogs sometime.

Cats are far better, you don't have to walk them.

jademunky:
Meh, the problem with this (and all exercise routines) is that they are really really boring. Just do what I do: get a dog and run with her with maybe some podcast in the background.

Err, yuck pets. I take my kids out for runs, she rides a bike next to me. That bastard is fast

Drathnoxis:

saint of m:

Drathnoxis:

Cats are far better, you don't have to walk them.

In my case, my brother's kids cat (that has adopted me) follows me. Feed the animals outside: follows me around. Go up and down the mile long stretch of country road for a walk? he's my orange shadow.

Not exactly helpful for your list, but I usually do some weights or a bit of on the spot jogging, squats or whatever takes my fancy while I'm waiting for Total Warhammer or FO4 to load. I keep them on external HD as well, so you know that shit is taking it's time.

Otherwise I tend to ride an exercise bike while watching Dawn of War 2 Elite mod replays on Youtube.

Silentpony:
Lunges can be really bad on your knees

That's why you should do reverse lunges instead.

Saulkar:
Tell me about it. I swapped them out for zercher squats and not only did I become stronger for it but my knee pain vanished.

Any particular reason why you're not doing regular barbell squats? It's one of the best strength exercises. Personally it's my favorite exercise.

Adam Jensen:

Saulkar:

Any particular reason why you're not doing regular barbell squats? It's one of the best strength exercises. Personally it's my favorite exercise.

I already do and have a personal and provincial record of 617lb.

https://regina.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1241010

I do zercher squats as a supplementary exercise.

Speaking of which, the Canadian Powerlifting Nationals are this Friday and while I do not intend to do anything new with my squat (due to illness and a few bad weeks of training) I am hoping to set a new provincial deadlift record (320KG) in my weight-class (105KG). I almost did it back in September but I dropped the barbell on the lockout despite the numerous successful lifts I did in the gym. I did do 324.32KG/715lb a few weeks ago with the hook-grip but I am going to play it safe and go with 320KG just in case my grip goes total butt again.

Oh, so you're a power lifter. I don't know much about power lifting but that's a pretty impressive squat for 105kg.

Adam Jensen:
Oh, so you're a power lifter. I don't know much about power lifting but that's a pretty impressive squat for 105kg.

Thank you. I try not to brag but after putting so many years into it, it is hard not to beam a little. :D

I dunno man, I'm just looking into sound proofing my floor with some mats or stuff so I can play DDR without disturbing the neighbours downstairs

Saulkar:
Thank you. I try not to brag but after putting so many years into it, it is hard not to beam a little. :D

You can brag freely. If anyone gives you shit you can snap them in half like a twig lol.

As for me, I can't eat that many calories to be a power lifter. And it's not my goal. I' into martial arts. If you and I were RPG characters, you'd be a tank and I'd be a rogue. I'm pretty ripped, but I'm not really big. My main focus has always been agility. I stretch for an hour almost every day. Sometimes more.

I like this!

Right now for exersize I simply go on an exersize bike and play Pocket Mortys on my phone for an hour - you can burn 600-700 calories that way and barely notice!

Also whilst waiting for one of the Total War quick saves to load, I can usually fit in 18 holes of golf.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here