Things and Changes you want in the next Smash Bros for the Switch?

I just feel like talking about Smash Bros at the moment, and I am seriously contemplating re-buying Smash Bros. Melee from Amazon (used of course)

So after the already big as fuck Wii-U version how can they top themsevles on the switch? So these or my wishes for Smash Bros. Switch should it ever get revealed soon, I mean its been 4 years since Wii-U so its bound to come out in another year or two:

A. Give every character alternant costumes, the colors are fine but they should expand upon it with entirely new costumes, sometimes going as far as changing the character completely, it can also mitigate the clone character problem. Heroes of the Storm and Injustice 2 had the best idea when it comes to charcater changing costumes. For example, Mario gets a Dr. Mario costume with all the changes to his abilites being cosmetic. And Link would have different costumes to reflect which game he's in like Ocarina of Time Link or Breath of the Wild Link, and you can have Fox be changed to Falco.

B.Radically change final smashes by instead of breaking a ball, you just build a meter like most fighting games, I am sorry but I hate the Smash Ball because it completely breaks the flow of the fight more so than any other item, that I think it should be a meter like most fighting games, but to compensate some of thier overpoweredness, make the meter build up VERY slowly, and heck you can also have the option to disable it if you don't want Final Smashes at all.

C. Bring back more adventure mode style game modes, I loved Adventure mode in Melee, I love the Subspace Emissary in Brawl, dissapointed it wasn't on the Wii-U. You can also bring back Boss Battles thank you, not a fan that they were stage hazards in the Wii-U.

And lastly, My hopeful list of characters for a new Smash Bros, Characters I want:

1. Paper Mario, the idea speaks for itself.

2. Daisy, with her theme being flowers and sports, Daisy is very likeable in the Sports games so I can clearly see here moveset being Sports themed, like kicking a soccerball or hitting a tennis racket, while giving it flower-y particle effects.

3a. King K. Rool or some form of Kremling.

3b. Another Kong but who I do not know, the logical ones being Dixie and Cranky.

4. Majora's Mask Young Link that takes advantage of the Masks he has, so he functions like Pokemon Trainer, so basically, Deku Link, Goron Link, and Zora Link.

5a. Dark Samus, more or less a clone, but much more interesting than Dark Pit imo.

5b. If my hope for Metroid 4 is confirmed along with a certain theory, A character from Metroid Prime Hunters, Sylux.

6. Krystal, and she's not a Fox Clone and can use the Staff from Star Fox Adventures.

7. Eevee and her final smash is random since she evolves into whatever Evolution form she possess.

8. From F-Zero, Dark Shadow, he's basically a Captain Falcon Clone and he functions like Ganondorf because I think Ganondorf should have his own unique moveset than be a Captain Falcon clone at this point.

9. Samurai Goroh, another F-Zero charcater.

And bring back Wolf and Pokemon Trainer while your at it, but give him new Pokemon because I want Charizard to be his own character, and completely re-do Ganondorf to have his own moveset.

And Guest characters could be all over the place, but I hope they include a Castlevania one from Konami to get thier representation.

And now I wait for a perticular Nintendo fan's post about my ideas...

I...actually basically completly agree with you.

As for characters, well, one, keep it Nintendo, that is, characters should have been in a notable game released on a Nintendo system. Sure, some Final Fantasy characters meet that requirement, but Cloud doesnt.

I think they need to take more advantage of alt-skins being alt-characters. Personally, I dont care about clones like some do. Keep Wolf, Dr.Mario and Mewtwo. I dont really see any need to outright remove characters. Im fine with Daisy being a Peach alt, and the different alts for the Pikmin.

Oh and dont submit to 'hardcore' SSB gamers. My god, way to suck the color out of a rainbow. Every stage has a Final Destination mode? Pfft. Dont waste your efforts.

Oh, and though I already said I agree with Sam, I want to reinforce bringing back an Adventure Mode of some sort. I preferred the arcadier Melee one than the story oriented Brawl one, but I will take that over nothing at all.

An alternative 3D (camera behind the character) mode, with alternate map layouts.

Honestly, if they just ported the WiiU/3DS game (with all the DLC stuff included at base), kept the unique modes from both versions, and then added a few new modes (Melee styled Adventure mode would be amazing) and arenas (hopefully without super-extreme gimmicks) and a couple new fighters, I'd be pretty happy.

That and I'd really want to see a not-shitty Classic Mode. The one on 3DS is just plain terrible. It's pretty much always "One 1v1, one team battle (sometimes a 4 way match), one versus giant, one versus metal, then final boss" typically in that order, which just gets incredibly stale really fast, even faster than the original game's classic mode.

Saelune:
I...actually basically completly agree with you.

As for characters, well, one, keep it Nintendo, that is, characters should have been in a notable game released on a Nintendo system. Sure, some Final Fantasy characters meet that requirement, but Cloud doesnt.

I think they need to take more advantage of alt-skins being alt-characters. Personally, I dont care about clones like some do. Keep Wolf, Dr.Mario and Mewtwo. I dont really see any need to outright remove characters. Im fine with Daisy being a Peach alt, and the different alts for the Pikmin.

Oh and dont submit to 'hardcore' SSB gamers. My god, way to suck the color out of a rainbow. Every stage has a Final Destination mode? Pfft. Dont waste your efforts.

Oh, and though I already said I agree with Sam, I want to reinforce bringing back an Adventure Mode of some sort. I preferred the arcadier Melee one than the story oriented Brawl one, but I will take that over nothing at all.

1. I didn't mind the idea that every stage has a flat "Final Destination" version of it, and it certainly did not take away anything, if anything they made the normal stages way too gimmicky in Wii-U.

2. And I still think the next Smash should feel like Melee, I don't care, Melee was the pinnicle. Give Bowser back his claw/bit attack, give Mario back his Down B Tornado, FLUDD sucks.

give the players more freedom in the online options.

i should be able to play a 4 player "For Glory" match type rules with stock if i want to instead of being forced to do 2 minute timed matches and i should be able to play "for fun" rules with items and such under stock match types as well if i want.

the game types online are way too limited at the moment.

also give me my Ridley or Fuck You Sakurai!!!!

This is a series that am quite comfortable with committing to the sole and simple desire for "MORE please...? Just more stuff will do."

And as senseless as the adventure story mode was, it was still entertaining in a baffling sort of way. Especially with the mind and body coerced into a state of relaxation and childish wonder by exterior chemical forces of which are highly mysterious, but always appreciated

I just want my crossover fighting game to engage with amusing and entertaining interactions of the characters at hand. SSE may have been a dumpster fire in some regards but just having your characters interact and be the people we enjoy them for is pleasant. DK should always smash away his friends in a moment of self sacrifice, Captain Falcon should always lead the charge with a smile and style. what's the point of a crossover if we don't enjoy them ACTUALLY crossing over.

My request(s) are both simple but, ultimately, probably impossible to implement.[1]

New cast of characters, new costumes, new items, blah-blah-whatever, I don't care. All I want is for the new game to have the feature sets of the latest games, the movement, mechanics, and feel of Melee, and the look and simplistic charm[2] of the original.

Sadly, I will never get the Smash Bros I really want. But I'm okay settling for whatever they bring out, with frequent revisits to Melee and the original when I feel like playing a game that's actually good.

[1] If only because Nintendo and Sakurai love to be assholes.
[2] And I don't mean graphics nor content, respectively. If you don't get what I mean by this, well...I don't feel like explaining.

All I want is one new character added to the roster on top of everything else. He's an id Software character, and his games have actually appeared on THREE different Nintendo consoles.

You know who he is...

And those that tasted the bite of his sword named him... THE DOOM SLAYER.

Y'know, this is more directed at the Internet as a whole rather than this thread specifically, but what's with all the people requesting guest characters? As in, more guests than Nintendo characters? As in, I saw a list of eight requested characters that had five non-Nintendo ones, that included Geralt of all things. GERALT. As in, the guy that's never even appeared in a Nintendo game. And for instance, the Doom Slayer. That guy that's never been exclusive to a Nintendo console at all - by this logic I suppose I can expect him to show up in the next Sega All-Stars Game because he appeared on the Genesis/CD.

But if I had to request a list of eight characters, they'd be:

1) Isaac (Golden Sun)

2) Sami (Advance Wars)

3) Starfy (Legendary Starfy)

4) Mike Jones (StarTropics)

5) Tethu/Tethi (Ever Oasis)

6) Spring Man (ARMS)

7) Wonder-Red (Wonderful 101)

8) Tiger Lily (Code Name STEAM)

Now, I had to do some digging, but at least that's one new character per IP, none of whom have been preferable (even if Isaac and Starfy have already appeared as assist trophies), and at least they're all Nintendo IPs (or at least exclusive to a Nintendo console).

Course I haven't played Smash since Melee, but I have a kind of vested interest in characters gaining representation in the game, since Smash can popularize obscure franchises/characters via inclusion (see Fire Emblem).

I want to see an actual Ganondorf instead of Falcondorf and I'd prefer if they kept in made that he's a wizard when creating his moves rather then just give him a boring sword.

Hawki:
...By this logic I suppose I can expect him to show up in the next Sega All-Stars Game because he appeared on the Genesis/CD.

So then, you think I should have suggested Wedge Antilles of Rogue Squadron? A character that's only known for his piloting skill?

... Wait. What if we instead went with Legends-continuity Luke Skywalker. Then we could include Wedge, Han Solo and the rest of Rogue Squadron as his Final Smash.

Could we possibly return to just a relatively few characters? 10 was more than enough for the original. Even Melee had an alright number. After a certain amount, though, there really is such as thing as too much. The number of them is reaching pokemon levels of absurdity.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here