Nintendo Direct announced for March 8th 5pm ET

Pages 1 2 NEXT

half an hour about future switch games and 3ds, including Mario tennis aces.

so what do you think they will uncover as well ?

i sure hope for a port of South Park on switch, especially since there's a new DLC coming out soon,
there's the rumors about Diablo III that are more and more present
they will probably talk more about Wolfenstein II that is suppose to come out soon, but that we didnt heard of much
i've heard rumors about a new kingdom for Mario Odyssey...

Nothing on Metroid Prime 4?

Or Smash Bros. for Switch?

This Direct is obviously going to be all about the GOTY tomorrow you guys.

cathou:

i've heard rumors about a new kingdom for Mario Odyssey...

Is it Troy? Ithaca?

I want my Super Mario Iliad!

Yoshi178:

Is this going to be one of those times where you predict GOTY before it actually comes out?

Anyway, if we're speculating on the next direct, you know my routine by now, but something-something Golden Sun, something-something Advance Wars, something-something-something.

The only things I really want an update on are the online service and Virtual Console. A few games I know we're getting in the future I'd like to see more about are Valkyria Chronicles 4, Wolfenstein II, Pillars of Eternity II, Octopath Traveler, and Bloodstained. Other than that, I'll let Nintendo surprise me

cathou:

Not the game from 6 years ago? Be still my heart.
When they were touting 3rd party support I assumed it would be more relevant, not porting games from half a dozen years ago that everybody already played in better, more apt systems. Like Skyrim.

I'm just here for the Smash fans getting mad at Nintendo for not announcing the new Smash, despite Nintendo not promising anything about Smash.

Johnny Novgorod:

cathou:

When they were touting 3rd party support I assumed it would be more relevant, not porting games from half a dozen years ago that everybody already played in better, more apt systems. Like Skyrim.

well, blizzard twitted this not long ago

https://twitter.com/blizzard_ent/status/968727468675809280

which is probably diablo for switch. is it diablo 3 ? probably, i am excited by this, not at all. But, if they work on diablo, this is an indication that they migth also work other games for the platform, which is more exciting

cathou:

well, blizzard twitted this not long ago

https://twitter.com/blizzard_ent/status/968727468675809280

which is probably diablo for switch. is it diablo 3 ? probably, i am excited by this, not at all. But, if they work on diablo, this is an indication that they migth also work other games for the platform, which is more exciting

Yeah, plus it's not like Diablo isn't still being played to this day. People can try the joyless "but this game is old" excuse all they want, but product is product at the end of the day, regardless of when it was made. And yes, it would be neat of them to port some other titles like Overwatch over to the Switch (especially if they allow gyro aiming). It's clear more people are looking to the Switch as a viable platform and that's a good thing for the industry.

Aiddon:
People can try the joyless "but this game is old" excuse all they want, but product is product at the end of the day, regardless of when it was made.

They're green anyway, said the fox about the grapes he couldn't quite reach.

Johnny Novgorod:

Aiddon:
People can try the joyless "but this game is old" excuse all they want, but product is product at the end of the day, regardless of when it was made.

They're green anyway, said the fox about the grapes he couldn't quite reach.

????? That makes no sense. Seriously, that is a nonsensical analogy to use for this situation. A better one would be "At least I have them, said the fox of the wilted grapes he was eating." Moving on.

Hawki:

Yoshi178:

Is this going to be one of those times where you predict GOTY before it actually comes out?

I don't know.

is this going to be one of those times where you try and dictate what people are and aren't allowed to choose for their GOTY choice?

btw jokes on you. when you guys reported and got me banned over xmas for that stuff, the Admin revoked the infraction as they considered my ban appeal to be pretty reasonable.

Johnny Novgorod:

cathou:

Yeah! People want amazing modern 3rd Party games like Bubsy: The Woolies Strike back!

I'm personally hoping for more news on Octopath Traveler, specifically a release date.

Samtemdo8:
Nothing on Metroid Prime 4?

Or Smash Bros. for Switch?

I have a feeling they're gonna be saving both of those for E3.

I'm hoping for some news on Bloodstained.

Jesus Christ that seems to bein development lingo. Maybe some more hop on hop off ... or maybe that Monster Huntergame localization. As much as I like MHW, I prefer the idea of me and some friends gathering around and playing some good local and internet co-op games.

Stuff that plays to the strengths of the Switch.

Some of the funnest moments in gaming (full stop) is some friends congregating to play something in the flesh .... MHW doesn't scratch that itch. It's just not the same as being able to organize in the flesh and quickly discuss stuff like who's tranqing and collectively playing through hunts together to get other players relatively up to speed.

It's the reason why boardgaming is my favourite gaming medium.

I'm hoping that the Switch brings out more of those games that actually channel those gamers who have friends and like hanging out with people. Like 91% of the world, extroverts like looking for reasons to connect with people.

The Switch can do that and deliver that better than any gaming unit, including PC, on the market. You just need to tap into it more. Hell, the improved advertisement campaign that did so well advertised the ease of social gaming the unit can provide.

Gee, IDK ... maybe target those people more?

Ditto some news on SSB would be great, for the same reasons.

Yoshi178:

is this going to be one of those times where you try and dictate what people are and aren't allowed to choose for their GOTY choice?

Where did I do that?

I think you're using a liberal interpretation of "dictating." No-one's dictating anything, I'm just pointing out the idiosyncracy of declaring something GOTY before it's even released. If I did that, people would be right to laugh at me. Doesn't stop you from still doing it.

Yoshi178:

btw jokes on you. when you guys reported and got me banned over xmas for that stuff,

And that's something I never did.

Really want some details on Metroid Prime 4 (and-- fingers crossed-- the Prime Trilogy getting a remaster/ port on Switch).

I'm looking forward to Yoshi, sure, but we already have gameplay vids for that. I don't really need any extra details.

Pokemon Switch news would be great as well, but I'm not expecting that.

Silvanus:
Really want some details on Metroid Prime 4 (and-- fingers crossed-- the Prime Trilogy getting a remaster/ port on Switch).

I'm looking forward to Yoshi, sure, but we already have gameplay vids for that. I don't really need any extra details.

Pokemon Switch news would be great as well, but I'm not expecting that.

Metroid Prime 4 might, MIGHT get a trailer, but that will be it if it even does show up.

Metroid Prime 4 is more than likely going to be saved to be one of the big E3 showcase games. same goes for Pokemon Switch.

The one game i'm most confident that we'll see something from that we haven't heard about in a while is Fire Emblem Switch. they oficially announced that over a year ago now and we still have heard or seen literally nothing other than a title for it. i'm betting that Fire Emblem Switch will probably get a trailer in this direct.

Addendum_Forthcoming:
I'm hoping for some news on Bloodstained.

Jesus Christ that seems to bein development lingo.

They actually do relatively frequent updates on Twitter about the game's development. English voice recording just finished wrapping up and it sounds like we're definitely going to be seeing it release sometime soon this year.

FIRE EMBLEM ECHOES: GENEALOGY OF THE HOLY WAR

Or at least that's what I tell myself at night

So, highlights:

-Luigi's Mansion 3DS remake

-Solaire Amiibo for Dark Souls (also, there will be a network test)

-Okami HD for Switch

-Project Octopath Traveler out July 13

-Splatoon Expansion with PLAYABLE OCTOLINGS and Inklings in new SSB.

-Also, Crash Bandicoot on Switch. That's weird

All is well with the world

altnameJag:
I'm just here for the Smash fans getting mad at Nintendo for not announcing the new Smash, despite Nintendo not promising anything about Smash.

Well, Ink's on me, I guess.

altnameJag:

altnameJag:

Well, Ink's on me, I guess.

Gotta admit though, it was a very cool teaser.

It was a good Direct even. Splatoon 2 came in at the end and ate everybody's lunch, regardless.

Tank207:

They actually do relatively frequent updates on Twitter about the game's development. English voice recording just finished wrapping up and it sounds like we're definitely going to be seeing it release sometime soon this year.

Yeah, I don't have Twitter so probably my fault. I kickstarted Bloodstained ages ago and it feels like updates area bit .... ehhh? I mean more than a handful has just beenabout fan art and people talking about the project as in their motives and feelings behind the project.

Which is nice, it's nice to see artists excited forsomething. But atthe same time when you get so many of those updates in lieu of actual development reports that you can read and ascertain actual milestones and what the teams are working on you kind of start to glaze over in interest of reading them.

Good to hear they've gotten the English VA wrapped up. Which means they've got a solid handle on the storyboarding, map layouts, game progression, etc. So yeah ... hopefully that means I'll be playing it soon.

Congratz Sony! the one reason had to help convince me to buy a PS4 is now gone.

Aiddon:

not really. Crash has been on Nintendo and Xbox platforms for a long time now.

Yoshi178:

Aiddon:

I understand the minor confusion tho. Crash is usually associated with Sony and Playstation, even though that only applies to the original trilogy and Crash Team Racing (and Crash Bash, but maybe 2 and a half people care about that one). You know, the ones people are most likely to remember and have nostalgia for.

Whatever tho, Crash seems a decent fit for the Switch.

Chimpzy:

Yoshi178:

Aiddon:

I understand the minor confusion tho. Crash is usually associated with Sony and Playstation, even though that only applies to the original trilogy and Crash Team Racing (and Crash Bash, but maybe 2 and a half people care about that one). You know, the ones people are most likely to remember and have nostalgia for.

Whatever tho, Crash seems a decent fit for the Switch.

It's only a matter of time now before the Spyro Trilogy follows.

the rumours are that will also come out this year and will also be a timed exclusive for the PS4 but will then become multiplatform.

I'm sitting here going "Holy crap, finally another good mario Tennis game"

I'm slightly miffed that the Special Shots aren't unique to the character like Mario Power Tennis, but even so, the new mechanics look pretty neat.

I can't wait to be able to afford a Switch. Seriously, if someone could reply to my many job applications, that'd be nice. :(

aegix drakan:

I'm slightly miffed that the Special Shots aren't unique to the character like Mario Power Tennis, but even so, the new mechanics look pretty neat.

I can't wait to be able to afford a Switch. Seriously, if someone could reply to my many job applications, that'd be nice. :(

what sorta jobs you applying for?

just make sure you aren't afraid to think outside the box and that you're applying for more than one type of job. like i was just applying for retail jobs for awhile and wasn't getting anywhere.

now i do customer service full time for the government at an inbound call centre. something i never thought i'd ever end up doing. been doing that for more than a year now. but yeah. try to think outside the box and apply for literally everything, even if it's a type of job you haven't had much experience in before.

Yoshi178:

aegix drakan:

Mostly Junior Programming positions (especially game studios), as that's what my bachlor's degree is in. Sadly, I only got one call-back so far, and they went with someone else in the end.

I would prefer a game writing position, as that's my real talent. But as you might expect, jobs like that aren't exactly growing on dialogue trees. I've literally seen a single opening for that in the 3 months I've been job hunting.

My first real job was in that line of work and my god was it awesome, despite the insane workload and tight deadlines.

Please let Solaire of Astora be a Super Smash Bros character.

So, new Smash on the horizon, huh? Well, that's nice. Still no signs of F-Zero outside of the inevitable "FALCON PUNCH!" references? That's got me sad.

You want to know what would cheer me up, though? Two words. One character.

And those that tasted the bite of his sword named him... THE DOOM SLAYER.

Yeah, put the god damned DooM Slayer in Smash 5. Might even make me get a Switch, just to play as the DooM Slayer in Smash. Hey, DooM 2016 is on the Switch. It can happen.

aegix drakan:

Yoshi178:

aegix drakan:

Mostly Junior Programming positions (especially game studios), as that's what my bachlor's degree is in. Sadly, I only got one call-back so far, and they went with someone else in the end.

I would prefer a game writing position, as that's my real talent. But as you might expect, jobs like that aren't exactly growing on dialogue trees. I've literally seen a single opening for that in the 3 months I've been job hunting.

My first real job was in that line of work and my god was it awesome, despite the insane workload and tight deadlines.

Yeah i studied sound production and i was doing Audio Engineering for a couple of years. it was really hard to make money in that line of work and i wasn't getting anywhere so i had to start looking at other types of work.

my call centre isn't anywhere close to what i wanted to do, but it's giving me a stable income, it's pathway to a career and the fact that i'm earning money now means i can take stepping stones and do things like currently i'm saving up to buy a house which hopefully i can afford by the end of this year, and from there onwards i can keep doing things like paying the mortgage, keep buying videogames, and buy all the music equipment i ever wanted.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here