Should I buy NieR Automata?

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Schadrach:

At the very least, fish in the sewers leading up to the Amusement Park and off the coast at Flooded City until you get something...obviously unique at each. Not going to spoil it, but it's not fish, robo fish or sellable junk at either location. The sewer one is kinda crappy but the flooded city one is awesome.

Though to be fair, the junk from fishing is a pretty quick way to make money.

I finished the game already and just completely skipped the fishing. Skipped almost all of the side-content on my second and subsequent playthroughs. A cursury google search on "Nier Automata sewer fishing" does not really yield much of an answer. What was there to find?

In fact, I missed out on quite a bit of side-content. Never found the LV4 weapon upgrader which is a shame because late-game enemies are huge HP sponges. Also skipped out on fusing altogether. Mostly just spamming 9S's hacking will kill anything.

jademunky:

I finished the game already and just completely skipped the fishing. Skipped almost all of the side-content on my second and subsequent playthroughs. A cursury google search on "Nier Automata sewer fishing" does not really yield much of an answer. What was there to find?

In fact, I missed out on quite a bit of side-content. Never found the LV4 weapon upgrader which is a shame because late-game enemies are huge HP sponges. Also skipped out on fusing altogether. Mostly just spamming 9S's hacking will kill anything.

The sewer had a weapon, Iron Pipe. It's a reference to the weapon you use at the very beginning of Nier. Minimum damage on it is low, but it gets Critical+ and High Stun, and like most weapons, the attached story is the best part.

The coast had a Pod, which has a continuous fire laser that can penetrate enemies.

The LV4 weapon upgrader was at the castle. Straight east from the King's chamber there was a spot where you could drop to a lower level with a movable block blocking a door. Inside was the machine blacksmith Masamune. He says a bit about about legendary white and black weapons the first time you talk to him (Virtuous and Cruel weapon sets).

Cold Shiny:
absolutely yes, unless you find the sexualization off putting.

I find the costumes wierd but nothing offputting. I'm honestly more bothered by the fact 2B wearing High Heels into combat. Just....why?

I started the game today and played up till the point they had finished the first mission, downloaded back at the space station(bunker?) and you get to walk around a little bit before presumably going back down to the surface.

And while I'm vagualy famialr with Nier's story, am I correct in assuming that there's very little connection between the two games(Other then Devola, Popola and Emil)?

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here