Black Ops 4

Lets all talk about how much we dont care about it.

I care, I buy COD every year so suck it :^)

But its Treyarch, they make the better COD games :(

Which one was black ops 4? I lost track of modern warfare games a long time ago.

...why does the Black Ops 4 logo look like IIII?

That isn't four in Roman numerals you twats!

Its 2018. and since more than decade they have been rehashing the franchise over and over again.

I liked COD1, UO and 2. then series going downhill.

If it's got the same end-match taunting bullshit or the forced progression in custom games, they can shove it up their ass again.

I can honestly say I'm as excited for Black Ops 4 as I have been about any other Treyarch game.

Bl4ck Ops

You're welcome, Treyactivision.

Hawki:

Not necessarily. Roman numerals can be written using additive or substractive notation:

So, in additive notation 4 would be I + I + I + I, or IIII. And in substractive notation 4 is written as V - I, or IV.

The Romans have used both for various purposes, sometimes even within the same document. It wasn't until long after the fall of the Western Roman Empire that substractive notation became the de facto standard. Although there are exceptions, like sundials, where 4 is traditionally often still written as IIII (but 9 as IX).

In short, IV is preferable, but IIII is not actually 'wrong'.

i prefer Tuna.

Silentpony:
Which one was black ops 4? I lost track of modern warfare games a long time ago.

After Modern Warfare 3, There were (in order):
Black Ops 2(2012), semi-future setting
Ghosts(2013), again a semi-future setting
Advanced Warfare (2014), Black Ops 3 (2015), and Infinite Warfare (2016), all of which are in distant future setting
and finally, WWII (2017) which is set in....well, WWII

Is it set in the future or the past? If its future I might be interested since cod is at its best with future shit, if its past I don't care.

Worgen:
Is it set in the future or the past? If its future I might be interested since cod is at its best with future shit, if its past I don't care.

Looks to be set in a slightly-ahead-of-our-time setting.

"IIII" will represent a four man squad focus of the game, perhaps. As in, the most crude literal (or is it figurative) representation of soldiers as pawns. Maybe the storyline will have them rising up against their masters Punisher-style.

Anyways, I'll actually keep an eye on this, as now that I have a modern PC again I might be down for some hardcore BO. It really depends on where they go with it though.

gigastar:

Worgen:

Looks to be set in a slightly-ahead-of-our-time setting.

Doesn't that mean that Black Ops 4 is going to be taking place in roughly the same timeframe as Black Ops 2?

Go figure.

Infinite Warfare was fine. I even like Black Ops 3, when it didn't run on my computer like garbage.

They've climbed to pleasant mediocrity in my eyes. I'm sure they're eager to climb above that, so I'll be giving Black Ops 4 a chance.

Regardless of what you think of them, they're still some of the tightest controlling FPS games on the market, and the gameplay is mindless fun in the right mood.

Hawki:

I'm just waiting for them to start calling them "Black Ops: Blacker Ops" because the numbers are getting too big.

Let's not forget that previously the series went to COD4 and then went to subtitles, with 5 being World at War, 6 being Modern Warfare 2 and etc.

Dalisclock:

Hawki:

I'm just waiting for them to start calling them "Black Ops: Blacker Ops" because the numbers are getting too big.

Let's not forget that previously the series went to COD4 and then went to subtitles, with 5 being World at War, 6 being Modern Warfare 2 and etc.

So Cod Blops Blaops?

Maybe the IIII is base five- you know, like everyone scribbles on prison walls. next up is COD BLOPS IIII BLAOPS II

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here