Ghost of a tale released today.

Ghost of a tale's release date is upon us!
It's been a long time in development but the charming little game, originally funded back in 2013, has reached its release date today.

With a similar setting to Redwall or the Mouseguard series, You play as a small Mouse Bard, named Tilo, who finds himself locked in a dungeon by the current, ruling race of the world, rats.

Playing through the early access and the little I've had time for today.
It's amazing that the whole title was developed predominantly by a single person, Lionel "Seith" Gallat an Ex-DreamWorks and Universal Studios animation director.

It's gorgeous graphically and the design of the world has a strong sense of wonder that shows a real passion placed behind the development of the game.

If you're looking for an, adorable, indie action adventure title; give it a look!

Available on steam and Gog now.
Ps4 and Xbox releases TBA but end of 2018 is the current estimate.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Video embed

Aww, I remember seeing a demo for this one like...jeez, 3 years ago? I had assumed it had already come out and simply flown under radars.
Any good?

Silentpony:
Aww, I remember seeing a demo for this one like...jeez, 3 years ago? I had assumed it had already come out and simply flown under radars.
Any good?

OFF TOPIC. I just wanna say, HULA GIRLS!!!

I just remembered that I've had the early access of this game for roughly a year and only got 2 hours in. Damn I've got a gaming backlog.

I remember seeing Jim Sterling doing an early access preview about a year or so ago. It looked interested and he seemed to be having fun with it, but I remember also reading at the time it was still very much a work in progress and unfinished.

Anyone played it recently? Is it worth a try?

I DOUBT THIS WILL TOP THE AWESOME THAT IS DUST: AN ELYSIAN TAIL

But I might give it a try.

Silentpony:
Any good?

Haven't played much but I'm enjoying it.
It's not super polished but the guy who put it all together has done a really good job.
It feels like a quality, but still a bit glitchy 2010-2012 era game.

EDIT:
The UI is very old school.

It looks adorable and unique. I'll check it out for sure.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here