TF2 Sniper Achievments

Pages 1 2 NEXT

(If you have come to this thread looking for the Sniper's achivements, your asking the same question i am)

Hello all, i've got The Orange Box for PS3, BUT because Valve prefers the PC there is no achivements (but i am planning on getting TOB on PC soon) and for that i have been unsucessful in my searches, i was wondering if anyone knew/had a site or shot of the TF2 Sniper achivements, and if so, what does the Sniper gain from them? Like Heavy gets Natasha, K.G.B and Sandvich, does the Sniper get abilitys or anything?

There are no Sniper achievements yet. As of 4/5/09, the only classes with upgrades are Medic, Heavy, Scout, and Pyro.

But Valve's next class update will be the Sniper!

So wait about 2 months and you will have achievments for the sniper.

What does he gain? New weapons obviously, possibly a killer taunt, although he might not, seeing as the medic also hasn't got one. Anyway...we can only speculate until Valve put out the info really, and knowing them they'll probably stagger that. If they do it as before we'll most likely be seeing an achievement sheet first.

GothmogII:
What does he gain? New weapons obviously, possibly a killer taunt, although he might not, seeing as the medic also hasn't got one. Anyway...we can only speculate until Valve put out the info really, and knowing them they'll probably stagger that. If they do it as before we'll most likely be seeing an achievement sheet first.

I would argue, a weapon better then the one he has now would be overpowering him (and that is coming from a guy who uses the sniper 2x as much as any other class), i would much rather have it possible to remove the sub-machinegun (because he is a sniper, goddamn it, give HIM the revolver and give the spy a SILENCED pistol) or of course the new up and coming Jararte.

His Melee weapon is as multi-purpose as a sniper would need to travel through the wild (not that you do in TF2, but then why does he have the lens cap for his sniper, because there is never any reflection from it)

So personally i think they will add extra ablitys, like zoom, maybe, a wall penetrating bullet, or even anti-personal mines to protect himself.

Valve only announced that the Sniper was next a few days ago. It'' be at least a month/couple of months before anything actually materialises (beyond that Jarate poster which may or may not be real ).

Be patient.

Just went to the Team Fortress 2 blog and found this:

Damn fix-the-spade beat me to it.

Looking at the other classes, he'd probably get a rapid firing sniper gun with reduced damage.

I'd guess at main weapon being 200% charge rate, no crits.

OneHP:
I'd guess at main weapon being 200% charge rate, no crits.

Personally, i would hate that, whats the point of a sniper that doesn't kill in a single headshots, ITS THE BLOODY POINT OF A SNIPER!

I still think abilitys would be the best rout for the simple reason of keeping him balenced, but slightly improved.

atol:
Looking at the other classes, he'd probably get a rapid firing sniper gun with reduced damage.

That would major suck, i much prefer snipers being bolt action, giving him a rapid-fire sniper would just serve to blur the line between noob-sniper and skilled sniper

Isn't there Grey Matter? (I play it for 360) I thought they didn't give consoles the patches and DLC's because Microsoft wouldn't let them do it for free.

fix-the-spade:
Valve only announced that the Sniper was next a few days ago. It'' be at least a month/couple of months before anything actually materialises (beyond that Jarate poster which may or may not be real ).

Be patient.

Oh i can be patient, just i hope they don't unbalence him, nor make him a n00b character, i take pride in my "boom, headshot", the last thing i want is some arse with no actual skill going "bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang" until something die.

Mrsnugglesworth:
Isn't there Grey Matter? (I play it for 360) I thought they didn't give consoles the patches and DLC's because Microsoft wouldn't let them do it for free.

Same with PS3, its just that i got it for PC is as well and it kind of sucks that my best class hasn't been patched.

But at least he has his own "Meet the..." which the spy and pyro, etc. does not ^^

the class unlocks on the PC are not upgrades, rather they are interchangeable weapon options which change the play style of that class, oten at the sacrifice of something else. utimatly it changes the playstyle or dynamic of the class slightly allowing a variety of diffrent play styles and strategies to evolve.

For instance, the Heavy unlockable 'Natascha'
a weapon which does 20% less damage per round, but each round slows individuals down.

it makes the heavy capable of taking out the faster moving more nimble players such as the pyro, scout, and medics but at the sacrifice of being the DPS out put machine you once where. effectively making it impossible to counter other heavies, soldiers, or sentry guns.

the same thing will happen with the sniper.
you get a unique rifle... which has its own advantages... however good these advantages are, it will not be better than the default... it will just be diffrent.

A regular hunting rifle without a zoom perhaps? but with higher damage and no chargeup?

A tranquiliser rifle: No charge up, multi-shot clip. One shot slows, two shots immobilises for a few seconds (headshot counts as two). It'd be interesting, to say the least.

Perhaps, and this is a long-shot (ha!), a rifle that does extra damage to Engineer buildings? It means the Sniper will be useful for taking down enemies that are holed up at a point and refusing to come out and play. It'll force them to abandon their stronghold and deal with the annoyance.

Meado:
A tranquiliser rifle: No charge up, multi-shot clip. One shot slows, two shots immobilises for a few seconds (headshot counts as two). It'd be interesting, to say the least.

Oh god. Do you really think that we need another "sandman" fiasco?

andyandy:

Meado:

Oh yeah, that was a travesty. I didn't really think that through, did I? Ok, make it a pistol that just slows people down instead of immobilsing them, for a quick qetaway or something.

andyandy:

Meado:

The Sandman is no fiasco.

oliveira8:

andyandy:

Meado:

The Sandman is no fiasco.

Mrgh... I've stopped playing for awhile due to the Sandman. It unbalances things by making a melee weapon a melee/ranged weapon, and then giving it the uberstop. I can understand it, but the ability to stop ubers can effectively ruined the point of having them if the other team has at the very least a competent Scout. Thus there are fewer Medics, which was already a scarce class at times.

As for the Sniper update: this will effectively have me abandon TF2 for a month or so. I hate Snipers, and play Spy a lot because I get great satisfaction out of killing them. Then again, this'll do wonders for my Spy stats... maybe I won't go after all. It'll just be dissappointing to see teams of 12 snipers trying to rush a map is all.

Mrsnugglesworth:

Actually it is because believe it or not TF2 pretty much uses up every memory resource the 360's got. The new weapons push it over so valve is trying to find ways to cut back on it. Check tf2.com to find out about the development, as infrequently updated as it is.

Mrsnugglesworth:

Grey matter, while only achievable as a sniper, is technically a general achievement. The sniper achievement pack will be released with the sniper updates.

As for the DLC, It was also delayed because the original TF2 without updates already pushed the hardware limits of the XBox360. This is being rectified somehow and the XBox 360 update "should be just after American tax day", so expect it some time within the next 2 to 3 years. The PS3 on the other hand, for reasons unknown to me, will not be receiving said update, leaving owners of the PS3 version sitting sadly in a corner with no updates.

The only achievment that involves the sniper is Grey matter (25 total headshots.)

fix-the-spade:

Be patient.

The Jarate poster hints that the sniper's new second slot weapon will involve throwing his own urine at the enemy.

The Jarate poster was unveiled on April the First.

I'd say there's a pretty high chance that's not going to be happening then...

As for 12-man sniper teams in the days after the update, that will be a little annoying for a while, but hey, as Scott said, play the spy and take advantage. Personally, I still have achievements for the Medic, Pyro, Heavy AND Scout that need unlocking, so I'm in no hurry to grind the Sniper too.

Predictions-

Crazed Gunman: With regular sniper rifle, fire all 25 shots within one minute (leaving aprox. .5 seconds between shots, after the animation)

Reach out and touch someone: In one match, have your combined kill distance exceed 10 miles (or something)

That's not a knife: Kill a spy with your kukri after he has stabbed you.

Back and to the left: Head shot someone while they are standing on the payload (bad taste?)

I don't really want the Sniper turning into the next Scout: I hope Valve makes something balanced.

I'm pretty sure Jarate was just a April Fools' joke, however.

Meado:

that would suck terribly you would end up with 0 kills

Boo hiss boo.

Give the stupid soldier his achievements first. I want a rawket launcher that sends people flying twice as far and does 20% less damage.

Suppression!

what are the achievements for Scout?
I need to get back into the game

Arbitrary Imposition:

fix-the-spade:

Be patient.

The Jarate poster hints that the sniper's new second slot weapon will involve throwing his own urine at the enemy.

The Jarate poster was unveiled on April the First.

I'd say there's a pretty high chance that's not going to be happening then...

As for 12-man sniper teams in the days after the update, that will be a little annoying for a while, but hey, as Scott said, play the spy and take advantage. Personally, I still have achievements for the Medic, Pyro, Heavy AND Scout that need unlocking, so I'm in no hurry to grind the Sniper too.

That reminds me of how people always do some opening gambit in TF2 so sometimes its all heavy or scout. But once everyone on my team went spy at the begining of 2Fort and backstabbed the entire team simultaneously, twas funny. But I would like a new sniper rifle or something, I may not be good at sniper but it is enjoyable, especially when you get the accidental no-scope.

Endocrom:
Predictions-

Crazed Gunman: With regular sniper rifle, fire all 25 shots within one minute (leaving aprox. .5 seconds between shots, after the animation)

Nice. These are pretty good.

Markness:

Endocrom:
Predictions-

Nice. These are pretty good.

I liked those two very much. I can't wait to hear all the delicious puns in the titles ^_^

Laser sniper anyone? Or what about a lightsabersniper? Don't ask me how it works.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked