Ubisoft's Turn

May as well give them their own thread too

Ubisoft kicks off with Just Dance. Kind of an amusing reminder that their flagship annual franchise isn't an open world sandbox.

I have no idea what the hell Beyond Good and Evil is as a game, but as visual fluff pieces go, this buries all the other "reveal" trailers for actually presenting something interesting. I didn't play the original, so Jade means nothing to me as the apparent big reveal and I don't have any stake in whether its some weird shift. There was a tiny smidge of some sort of gameplay, with someone fighting on a walkway with a sword and another section of a ship flying around.

Rainbow 6 Siege - Meh. I dont even pretend thats ever been my jam. Some kind of documentary reveal, which is even less relevant to me.

Another Trials coming out next year. I think its a more AAA scope then the prior ones?

Division 2, Generic Boogaloo. I heard the Division 1 improved over times, but Destinys shown the folly of expecting that sort of thing to carry into a sequel.

Mario+Rabbids has Donkey Kong DLC coming, or something. IDK. It was fun enough, but it was also short enough not to overstay its scope.

Skull & Bones - I don't think they showed anything notably new from last time?

Transference - Some VR game.

Starlink - Oh hey, that game you hack from Ubisoft in Watch_Dogs 2 is real. Some kind of space action thing. Oh its some kind of toy line thing like Skylanders. Pass. Starfox is in the Switch version.

For Honor is being given away free this week on PC (actual free, like you keep the game after, not a trial or anything). China DLC coming in fall (with singleplayer content). And some new siege mode.

Crew 2. Now with Planes. And motorcycles. And boats.

AC Greek Edition - Budget buy for me after Origin. I'm just not sold on them having the wherewithal to actually fill up their oversized sandboxes.

Pretty much as weak as EA, the only game I'm remotely interested in was Division 2 everything else was pretty lame.

I'll give it a 3/10.

Did hey have that lady doing the presentation again? Forgot her name but she was always fun to watch.

Ubisoft has had the best conference so far in terms of presentation. But Ubisoft has always been good dressing up their shit

Just Dance is... Just Dance. I've never played and I'm still not interested.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 looks cool. Basically No Man's Sky but... polished. More oriented for an acutal singleplayer experience. It's definitely on my interest list.

Trials looks cool. I haven't played a game in years, so I'm a little interested in this.

Skull and Bones is the best part of AC4 with none of the other good bits. It's incredibly stripped down to force online play. Great for those who like multiplayer, but I'm uninterested.

Trancedensce A horror VR game. That is all.

Starlink looks pretty cool. Skylanders, but with ships instead. I may be into that. I'd like to see more. Starfox collab looks pretty neat.

The Division 2 looks like more Division, I guess? I never played the first but the enemies seemed to be incredibly bullet spongey and that's been a turn off.

For Honor Always looked really cool, but I'm not much of a multiplayer guy. Still, China is joining the fray and that's soooo kickass! Also, For Honor given away free for the next week on Uplay. Most likely to sell their new DLC and get more people to play the game.

The Crew 2 I haven't played The Crew, despite getting it free from Uplay. The added vehicles certainly piques my interest. Gonna give the first game a shot.

Sony and Ubisoft have had the best conferences so far and how shown the most gameplay. They're the winners of E3 so far.

bluegate:
Did hey have that lady doing the presentation again? Forgot her name but she was always fun to watch.

You mean Aisha Taylor?

OT: Pretty much wasted my time watching this conference hoping to see a new SC reveal. Never got it.

WolvDragon:

bluegate:

You mean Aisha Taylor?

I think so, so was she hosting the event again or not?

Captain Marvelous:
Transference A horror VR game. That is all.

Psss!...fixed that for ya ;)

Elijah Wood is doing the videogame publishment now? Why not. Well, ok, VR doesn't count for much, but it's a start.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 has piggsie and Jade, this pleases I. Hopefully she has a splendid selection of fine trousers to accompany her.

bluegate:

WolvDragon:

bluegate:

You mean Aisha Taylor?

I think so, so was she hosting the event again or not?

Nah she wasn't.

Nothing of interest for me. Was hoping for another 'unconventional' Far Cry spin-off like Primal or Blood Dragon.

stroopwafel:
Nothing of interest for me. Was hoping for another 'unconventional' Far Cry spin-off like Primal or Blood Dragon.

They seem to have decided to keep those as DLCs for 5 (Games as a platform, bla bla bla, etc) rather then doing spinoff titles.

Cool presentation. Beyond good and evil 2 hype.

I'm also interested in the new assassins creed for the first time since the first one (didn't hate it, nor revelations, but I don't feel the need to play them all either). I hope Socrates is portrayed accurately to the Symposium, Pheadrus and Charmides. And a guest appearance from Diogenes would be hilarious.

Its a part of Nintendo switch game and hope so it will be a great dance show

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here