Nintendo E3 Direct Discussion

So Nintendo just released their E3 Direct. Can't say much since I didn't see alot of the details aside from the fact a new Fire Emblem got teased and brand new characters for Smash were revealed.

it was okay, the smash reveal a pretty good but they didn't have that many games. Excited for the few games they showed like fire emblem and the Pok?mon game looks okay but not much else.

Still at least it gives us more smash memes

I mean....ok?

New Fire Emblem for the Switch was expected because they were bound to put an FE game on the console eventually.

Smash is more Smash, i guess it's nice that it will have every character ever in it.

Mario Party, because of course again.

Otherwise they really didn't say much or reveal anything amazing. Pretty much expected of Nintendo to release more Nintendo things.

I hate to say it, but I am STILL waiting to see the big 3rd party support on the Switch that we were promised. So far it's been nothing but more Nintendo drivel, indies, and ports of games that play better on the more powerful consoles.

No Metroid Prime 4 reveal :(

Samtemdo8:
No Metroid Prime 4 reveal :(

I had a feeling they weren't going to show it, will probably get it next year though

CritialGaming:
I hate to say it, but I am STILL waiting to see the big 3rd party support on the Switch that we were promised. So far it's been nothing but more Nintendo drivel, indies, and ports of games that play better on the more powerful consoles.

Well, there's Project Octopath. One of the more interesting titles I've seen on the system.

The one thing I was looking forward to kind of got lost in their little montage. The World Ends With You on Switch.

Other than that, don't care about Smash. Don't care about the new Pokemon. More ports of games that no ones actually going to play in mobile mode, let's be real.

Last year Nintendo had a better E3 show.

but i'm just hyped about RIDLEY'S BIG DEBUT FUCK YEAH!

I am SLIIIIIIIIIGHTLY disappointed, mostly because of the lack of newly announced games, and the lack of Metroid Prime 4 stuff.

That said, that mecha game looks amazing, the new Fire Emblem looks amazing, the new Mario party looks pretty fun (hey, playable bowser!)...

And Smash Ultimate looks totally brilliant. I had a feeling it would turn out to be something like this, but I wasn't expecting this much of a commitment to it. Every character and what looks like every single stage in one game? Yeah, ok, I'm on board with this. Especially if we only have to wait until December.

The improvements to Shulk (my main) made me slowclap too.

Soooooo...Sliiiight disappointment, but overall, I'm happy with what I got. Here's hoping that star Fox crossover Ubisoft game is good, and we get more details on the Square Enix Switch Division's next project sooner than later.

Yoshi178:
Last year Nintendo had a better E3 show.

but i'm just hyped about RIDLEY'S BIG DEBUT FUCK YEAH!

he has a move that makes your health go from 0-50% in one hit if he strikes the sweet spot. DAMN

With the exception of Squeenix's Octopath it felt like 90% of the presentation was... scraps? A whole bunch of ports and DLC and indie shovelware? Repackagings of Mario Party and Smash Bros... and I'd called out Metroid 4 would be nowhere to be found.

Where all that 3rd party support at?

No Metroid, no interest.

Ok, fine, Octopath looked fairly interesting.

Chimpzy:

Speaking as someone who adores turn based RPGs, and who makes RPGs as a hobby, the demo left me floored.

The combat system is just plain good. It's the kind of thing I'd come up with, only way more polished and snazzy.

Chimpzy:
No Metroid, no interest.

Ridley is Metroid Related.

Yoshi178:

Chimpzy:
No Metroid, no interest.

Yes, but in a game that's not Prime 4.

Chimpzy:

Yoshi178:

Chimpzy:
No Metroid, no interest.

Yes, but in a game that's not Prime 4.

Since Prime 4 didn't show up at this E3, i don't expect to see it release until holiday 2019 now. Yoshi looked further along last year and that got delayed so i'm expecting that around US Spring-Summer type of release time frame.

yeah it sucks they didn't show up, but in a weird way i'm kinda glad they're not coming out till next year. i have already paid for Splatoon, Mario Rabbids and Xenoblade DLC, Fire Emlbem and Daemon X Machina aren't coming out till 2019 and Smash Bros ultimate was the only thing showed for 2018 that i feel is a must have.

i already have smash pre-ordered, so it's now only just 5 amiibo's that i have left to preorder.

everything else i realy want that i need to finish paying off are just Mario Tennis, Crash Bandicoot, Pearl & Marina amiibo's and Octopath traveller. all of which are coming out and i'll be picking up over the next month. then i just have a whole bunch of time to save for 2019 games

Casual Shinji:

CritialGaming:

Well, there's Project Octopath. One of the more interesting titles I've seen on the system.

Octopath is a good example of the third party support they should be chasing, too.

From a consumer standpoint, perfect console release parity is an obvious goal, dispense with all 3 and just have a universal unit spec that plays every game.

From a console maker trying to compete, they need an equal but different library. Which has largely been Nintendos' main focus, but they don't especially have enough in house to pull off the "equal" part. Pulling in 3rd parties to make specifically, Nintendo games is where the ability to compete is.

The Nintendo conference was pretty underwhelming.

I'm very interested in Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and in Octopath Traveler, but not much else they showed, honestly.

Can anyone explain why Nintendo hasn't bought every Light Gun series in existence yet?

I admit I was hoping beyond hope on this one, but I wanted to see either new games that used the Gyroscope on the Joy-Con or Time Crisis NS or The House of the Dead Switch... Ghost Squad Remastered, Silent Hill The Arcade, Dead Space Extraction, Carnevil, House of the Dead Overkill (I know I already put house of the dead on this, but it's so funny to me), Virtua Cop (Sega is basically owned by Nintendo Now), Area 51 Next Sector or whatever, Ninja Assault... Hell, Silent Scope! There's a great functionality that they can use and bring a long dead genre back to life with little effort on their part. And they could make tons of fans happy. E3 was the perfect time to announce stuff like that

Especially with the new ability to link Switches with each other and to show different parts of the game, it wouldn't have to be just ports, but remasters with new functionality that is worth whatever price tag they put on. Especially if they go Anniversary Collections like SF just did.

Ya know, the more I look at Starlink, the more I want it. The gimmicky toys being optional (Mind you, you can still get them as digital DLC) and the arwing coming with the Switch version do put my mind at ease a little.

I'm just hoping the pricing and stuff ends up being fair. That's just about the only thing that might stop me from buying it at this point.

aegix drakan:
Ya know, the more I look at Starlink, the more I want it. The gimmicky toys being optional (Mind you, you can still get them as digital DLC) and the arwing coming with the Switch version do put my mind at ease a little.

I'm just hoping the pricing and stuff ends up being fair. That's just about the only thing that might stop me from buying it at this point.

Huhr?

I haven't seen anything about the toys/DLC being optional (Other then I assume you get some base thing with the game to make a playable package). Unless you've got some other source on it, it just seems like a game where an entire core mechanic is locked behind goofy monetization junk.

Seth Carter:

aegix drakan:

Huhr?

I haven't seen anything about the toys/DLC being optional (Other then I assume you get some base thing with the game to make a playable package). Unless you've got some other source on it, it just seems like a game where an entire core mechanic is locked behind goofy monetization junk.

Yeah, it's just the toys being optional, not the stupid weapon things (Which will apparently be available as dlcs). I just had less than zero interest in extra plastic cluttering up my room.

Honestly, though, I'm most likely going to play the entire game with nothing but Fox anyway as not only is he automatically more interesting, but his ship looks goddamn powerful anyway without any extra weapons.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here