Metro Exodus 17 minutes gameplay demo

OMG OMG!! this is one of the best thing i have ever seen.

this wins E3 game of the show

Well, it does look shiny and all, but it's gotta have way more than just be a good looking wasteland schmup if it's gonna warrant a purchase.

I can see the desire to leave the Metro and its' naturally constraining and linear locale behind. But I also think it is a bad choice for the franchise. The very idea with the books, by Gluchovskich word, is that Artyom is the protagonist, but the main character is the Moscow metro itself. By leaving behind the main appeal and the draw of the franchise (this sci-fi/fantasy horror location inspired by folklore about the Moscow Metro) the game is also stepping away from one of the big things that made its' predecessors great, the incredibly atmosphere.

Maybe they can save it, but it seems a strange choice for Metro to aim for Stalkers world, when it already has this deeply intriguing location that is still very unexplored.

Looks like every other fps to come out recently

undeadsuitor:

there are not any FPS like there. if so name any my friend.

Gethsemani:
I can see the desire to leave the Metro and its' naturally constraining and linear locale behind. But I also think it is a bad choice for the franchise. The very idea with the books, by Gluchovskich word, is that Artyom is the protagonist, but the main character is the Moscow metro itself. By leaving behind the main appeal and the draw of the franchise (this sci-fi/fantasy horror location inspired by folklore about the Moscow Metro) the game is also stepping away from one of the big things that made its' predecessors great, the incredibly atmosphere.

Maybe they can save it, but it seems a strange choice for Metro to aim for Stalkers world, when it already has this deeply intriguing location that is still very unexplored.

I say they should have made an "Open World" in the Metro itself. Heck that's what I thought Metro Last Light was at first.

A though occurs to me : How can he be going stealth with a laser sight(4:40)? Surely if you aim a laser at someone's face he will see it right? And if you are behind someone and the dot goes past him, he is also likely to see it.

I know that Exodus is in no way the only game to do that, and that it may not even be true when the game is released. Still, it looks weird.

Samtemdo8:

I say they should have made an "Open World" in the Metro itself. Heck that's what I thought Metro Last Light was at first.

This is really what I've been hoping for. The maps of the metro that are on the inside of the books' covers here make it all seem so cool. While I can see how it'd get repetitive fast, it could also be the most atmospheric game of the generation.

Gethsemani:

Samtemdo8:

This is really what I've been hoping for. The maps of the metro that are on the inside of the books' covers here make it all seem so cool. While I can see how it'd get repetitive fast, it could also be the most atmospheric game of the generation.

YES. It's sad 4A skipped over that opportunity, seems.

B-Cell:

undeadsuitor:

there are not any FPS like there. if so name any my friend.

I can understand the idea that this game might be good. Polished. and even do some interesting if minor things (the day/night cycle deciding enemy locations and movements, last few enemies surrendering etc)

but to say there's nothing else like it is hilariously overstated

it's far cry with some fallout bits stapled on and a stealth system from dishonored

Gethsemani:

If memory serves, did Gluchvoskich himself not write further books where they leave the Metro and find places outside Moscow that aren't nearly as fucked up and desolate as Moscow is?

Paragon Fury:

Gethsemani:

If memory serves, did Gluchvoskich himself not write further books where they leave the Metro and find places outside Moscow that aren't nearly as fucked up and desolate as Moscow is?

Gluchowski, so to speak, franchised the universe he created. Currently there are many Metro "spinoffs" by other writers that take action beyond Moscow metro area.

MrCalavera:

Gluchowski, so to speak, franchised the universe he created. Currently there are many Metro "spinoffs" by other writers that take action beyond Moscow metro area.

I believe he himself considers it more like how the Lovecraft Mythos was created: A bunch of writers all partaking in and expanding the same universe.

Paragon Fury:

I don't believe it was him, since the three main books (2033, 34 and 35) all take place within the Metro. I am not opposed to a game exploring other places than the Moscow Metro in the Metro Universe, it is more the feeling that the Metro is such an excellent location and the games barely scratched the surface of what could be done with games within it. I see the creative desire to do something else than corridors, more corridors and metro tunnels, but that location is what sets Metro apart from the Stalker series, and to an extent any other open world FPS.

Whether it makes sense or not, Massive Attack had better be in the full game or I'm boycotting it and blaming the liberals for such a horrendous misgiving

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here