Notable Missing games from E3

I don't mean the Pipe dream games like a Mother 3 western release, I mean games that were announced previously, rumored to be at E3 or that should be in development. Borderlands 3 seems like the biggest missing game. The last Borderlands game was in 2014 and that wasn't even made by gearbox.
Final Fantasy 7 was absent but maybe all hand are on deck for KH3, Octopath Traveler, and the Western release of DQ11.

Their was only one hardware announcement from Nintendo, The gamecube controller is getting a rerelease again but they didn't even mention the gamecube adapter. You think they would've mentioned the special edition Legend of Zelda 2DS coming out in July. You think their would've been announcement for more joy cons. Also maybe the 3DS is finally dead since they're were no 3DS games shown so far. I would love if all of Nintendo's first party studio's worked on one system

Also Microsoft didn't show of their controller to help out disabled gamers.

Any missing announcements that you all can think of.

Red Dead Redemption 2 and Square's Avengers game are the only ones I can think of. I'm particularly interested in the Avengers Project since I've been waiting for a good Avengers game since Ultimate Alliance. Kinda sad not to hear anything about either of them.

No Mans SKy was an oddly missing one. Would've thought Xbox would have at least given it a cursory pass since it gives them a previously 2nd party Sony exclusive.

Activizzard and Take-Two were kind of generally absent. That's just CoD and RDR and Borderlands 3 none of which is exactly a huge reveal, but also kind of strange not to put out something.

FF7 missing is perhaps a deflator to the audience for it, but that game is just a trainwreck waiting to happen, so I can see the logic in pretty conservative about what they say or show of it.

FFVII Remake, Ace Combat 7, the new Armoured Core game, basically the only games I'm interested in.

Metroid Prime 4 for me. During Nintendo's Direct I was pretty much going "Ok, Fire Emblem. That's fine. Whatever tho. What about Prime? Ooh, Octopath looks fun. Still, where's mah Prime? Yes, yes, I know, Smash this and that. Prime now plz?"

Splinter Cell, Darksiders 3 to name a few.

Chimpzy:
Metroid Prime 4 for me. During Nintendo's Direct I was pretty much going "Ok, Fire Emblem. That's fine. Whatever tho. What about Prime? Ooh, Octopath looks fun. Still, where's mah Prime? Yes, yes, I know, Smash this and that. Prime now plz?"

My guess is that the game wasn't even in production when they announced it. They Announced Smash 4 before Sakurai was done with Kids Icrus. I think they were trying to satisfy the fans

WolvDragon:

Splinter Cell being missing was weird because it seemed like Ubisoft set up for it to be there with Sam Fishier in Wildlands.

Seth Carter:
FF7 missing is perhaps a deflator to the audience for it, but that game is just a trainwreck waiting to happen, so I can see the logic in pretty conservative about what they say or show of it.

You gotta have faith they wont botch this. Even though they released a bad port of Chrono trigger on PC which doesn't make sense. They could've waited a couple months to fix it.

Captain Marvelous:
Red Dead Redemption 2 and Square's Avengers game are the only ones I can think of. I'm particularly interested in the Avengers Project since I've been waiting for a good Avengers game since Ultimate Alliance. Kinda sad not to hear anything about either of them.

I will Never understand why Activison didn't give the license back to Raven soft when they had it or why no company has ripped this game Series off. Avengers alliance the facebook game was the closes I've seen to a game series replicating that feel

kilenem:

Chimpzy:

My guess is that the game wasn't even in production when they announced it. They Announced Smash 4 before Sakurai was done with Kids Icrus. I think they were trying to satisfy the fans

WolvDragon:

Splinter Cell being missing was weird because it seemed like Ubisoft set up for it to be there with Sam Fishier in Wildlands.

Seth Carter:

You gotta have faith they wont botch this. Even though they released a bad port of Chrono trigger on PC which doesn't make sense. They could've waited a couple months to fix it.

Captain Marvelous:

I will Never understand why Activison didn't give the license back to Raven soft when they had it or why no company has ripped this game Series off. Avengers alliance the facebook game was the closes I've seen to a game series replicating that feel

Indeed, which made us thought they had something in the works. I wasted a good amount of time watching their E3 conference to see if Splinter Cell would be revealed, what a dissappointment. If it weren't for the leaks and the Ghost recon update, I wouldn't have tuned in for a potential Splinter Cell announcement.

Well, putting aside pipe dreams, I can name the following games from the following publishers:

ELECTRONIC ARTS

-Integrity

GEARBOX

-Borderlands 3 (really surprised this wasn't here)

MICROSOFT

-Perfect Dark (only in the sense that there was a rumoured Perfect Dark game coming, but at this point, it's almost certainly false)

NINTENDO

-Metroid Prime 4 (I hoped to see this, but I can't say I'm that surprised it wasn't there)

SQUARE ENIX

-Final Fantasy VII Remake (so, like, is this a thing anymore)

-Avengers (really surprised this wasn't shown)

UBISOFT

-Splinter Cell (again, surprised this wasn't there)

kilenem:

Seth Carter:

Well they're completely retooling the gameplay. And completely retooling the narrative* to fit an episodic format. Thats a lot of room to A)Actually screw up and do badly, and B)Have your fanbase screaming down your throat about how you ruined it.

*This point may bear some further explanation. But there are notable issues with presenting FF7 (or any of them before 10 (maybe 9) really) as a structured narrative. Sidequests, spots where the game design directed you to a location instead of the story doing it(IE : You go to a cave because that the only spot on the map you can reach. Or you go to the Knights of the Round cave because there's a random cave out there. Its game logic and mostly fine game design, but complete bonkers in a structured narrative), optional content, etc

Mortal Kombat 11 was previously teased. Hopefully it will have its own reveal soon.

A new game by Rocksteady studios. It's been now exactly 3 years since Arkham Knight(not counting Arkham VR) and they have yet to announce a new game(though they obviously do have one in production). I'm a bit bummed they are done with Batman but my biggest wish is a videogame adaptation of a Batman Elseworld tale(which wouldn't technically be 'regular' Batman I guess. :p) Preferably Gotham by Gaslight(already attempted once) or my favorite: Batman Vampire. Not really hoping it's Superman as I don't really like the character. Though if I had to guess it's probably this(given all the hints in Arkham Knight) or a new IP altogether.

FF7 Remake was also notably absent. But ofcourse this is Squeenix, they take their time to say the least.

Bloodborne 2. What a tragedy that trailer ended up being some generic grimdark Anime game.

Splinter Cell for me. Final Fantasy VII Remake for those interested.

I don't count Blizzard or Rockstar titles, since they've been absent from E3 for a while now.

Metroid Prime 4 and Yoshi. that's fine if they were both delayed to 2019. but i expected to see at least a trailer from both of those games.

The lack of a remastered Fallout 3 made me sad.

Was looking forward to seeing Metroid Prime 4 & Yoshi, and was mildly disappointed by their non-appearance.

Valkyria Chronicles 4. I was looking forward to learning more about this game and how it would work after having to endure the utter crap that was Valkyria Revolution. Especially as I think it is out at some point this year.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here