What are top 5 best and worst games of this years E3?

Hello friends, So E3 is almost over. lets discuss what are the best and worst 5 games we saw at E3.

first lets talk about best

BEST:

1. Metro Exodus: Easily the best game of E3. the entire gameplay scream what I have been dreaming of since STALKER. especially STALKER 2 is far away. this will fill the gap. graphics are probably best i have ever seen. it has crysis like weapon customization. semi open world, this is mix of STALKER and Crysis into one.

2. DOOM Eternal: Even thought they havenot shown the gameplay yet. will be at quackcon but HOLY CRAP!! its DOOM sequel based on Hell on earth. sequel to best game of this generation. even the short teaser is so much better than most of games at E3.

3. Hitman 2: It may not getting much attention and overshadowed but its a sequel to second best game of this generation. and probably best stealth game since splinter cell chaos theory. this one looks similar yet still amazing. these guys know how to do sandbox style stealth game. cant wait for more Hitman.

4. RAGE 2: Even thought RAGE 1 was failure but gameplay of RAGE 2 was just brilliant, the gunplay, the car combat. and entire focus on single player. this is one of the best game shown at E3. and this along with DOOM are the reason Bethesda won E3. It looks far better than Original too.

5. Dying Light 2: I never liked original game. it was dull and mediocre zombie game. and was never expecting this to be good but when it was revealed. I was surprised that it looks great. they changed the scenerio. its no longer zombie game primilary. its now a story driven first person meelee post appocalyptic game. and it impressed me. really. this and RAGE 2 are the reason we shouldnot based sequels based on Original.

Now friends, its time for the worst

WORST:

1. Shadow of Tomb Raider: The game looks awful, same bad animations, sam terrible shooting and stealth mechanics, same lara croft. just looks bad like previous 2. but this what makes me angry that Eidos montreal. the legends are making it. they ditch the masterpiece Deus Ex for this?? Really?? SE ruined another great developers.

2. Wolfenstein Youngblood: Yeah more shitty wolfenstein. this is worst Bethesda FPS franchise now. and cant be compare to great ones like DOOM and RAGE. this is the first wolfenstein game where we dont even play as BJ instead of his daughter. gone from bad to worst.

3. Last of Us 2: I have to say graphically it looks amazing. but gameplay wise it looks AWFUL!. Nothing impress me. absolutely nothing. the melee looks bad, the shooting looks bad. it just looks like tomb raider but prettier. this is just turn me off.

4. Assassins Creed Odyssey: AC origins greece DLC now sold at full price. great ubisoft. these guys killed Splinter cell series to push this forward. a yearly AC is now back and this is now RPG. and being RPG means even more bad combat. as watching gameplay on conference. it looks like worst AC game ever.

5. Spiderman: Looks like button smashing QTE one button combat and swinging game based on worst superhero/avengers ever. why they choose spiderman over ironman is beyond me if they want to make marvel game. Im a fan of batman so i forgive one button combat in arkham games despite arkham knights suck but here. its just even boring.

so here my friends these are my top 5 best and worst games i have seen this year E3.

now what are yours? discuss

Overall its such a great E3 apart from some dissapointment and some really bad games shown.

I replace Dying Light 2 with Resident Evil 2 Remake on your list.

And AC Oddessey looks nothing like AC Origins. I mean now there is Sword and Shield combat/

This is pretty silly since the levels of exposure weren't equal. For instance, how could one declare Doom Eternal to be the "best" game when it was just a few minutes of cinematics?

With that in mind, if we want to equate "best" with "most interesting" or "left the most impact," I guess I can do the following:

BEST

(There's actually a lot of games that could fit here, but narrowing it down to a top five)

5) Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (while not an AC fan, I'm a sucker for Greek mythology, so while this is a bit removed from the mythological aspect, Greece is Greece, so...yeah)

4) Halo Infinite (cautiously optimistic - can't rank it higher because it's just a tech demo at this point)

3) Gears 5 (looks interesting - seems they're trying to make the story more personal, so, good on them for that)

2) Anthem (...okay, I admit it, you've got my attention BioWare. Not really sold entirely, but based on what we've seen of the gameplay and lore, I think there's promise here.)

1) Resident Evil 2 Remake (holy bum nuggets, this looks awesome)

WORST

Sorry, I can only name two games I actively dislike that I saw. Anything else is just arbitrarily filling in numbers.

2) Gears Pop! (WHYYYYYY?!)

1) Command & Conquer: Rivals (fuck you EA)

Best: RE2 Remake, RE2 Remake, RE2 Remake. Worst: who cares?

Were 10 games even shown? I mean actually showing a game, not cinematic trailer drivel or stock footage/concept stuff+title.

Also what coutns as "Saw at E3", stuff on stage? floor demos? Trailers released on youtube purporting to be part of E3?

BEST:
5. Babylon's Fall/Resident Evil 2 Remake(RE2make?) - never played the original, so this will be a good occasion to try out what's the fuss about. And the other game is made by Platinum, that's it.
4. Devil May Cry V - never played any DMC, but this caught my interest for some reason.
3. Assassin's Creed Odyssey - honestly i'm just positively surprised that a AC game, of all things, looks fun to me.
2. HITMAN 2(Hit Manlier) - obligatory as i'm a fan of the series
1. Ghost of Tsushima - New IP. Looks stunning. Gives me strong Akira Kurosawa vibes. On a minus side, it's a platform exclusive, but you can't have everything.

WORST:
5. Y NO SPLINTER CELL UBI
4. Scam Citizen
3. TES: Blades
2. Gears of War: Funko
1. Command and Conquer

B-Cell:
Hello friends, So E3 is almost over. lets discuss what are the best and worst 5 games we saw at E3.

BEST:

1. Metro Exodus: Easily the best game of E3. the entire gameplay scream what I have been dreaming of since STALKER. especially STALKER 2 is far away. this will fill the gap. graphics are probably best i have ever seen. it has crysis like weapon customization. semi open world, this is mix of STALKER and Crysis into one.

2. DOOM Eternal: Even thought they havenot shown the gameplay yet. will be at quackcon but HOLY CRAP!! its DOOM sequel based on Hell on earth. sequel to best game of this generation. even the short teaser is so much better than most of games at E3.

3. Hitman 2: It may not getting much attention and overshadowed but its a sequel to second best game of this generation. and probably best stealth game since splinter cell chaos theory. this one looks similar yet still amazing. these guys know how to do sandbox style stealth game. cant wait for more Hitman.

4. RAGE 2: Even thought RAGE 1 was failure but gameplay of RAGE 2 was just brilliant, the gunplay, the car combat. and entire focus on single player. this is one of the best game shown at E3. and this along with DOOM are the reason Bethesda won E3. It looks far better than Original too.

5. Dying Light 2: I never liked original game. it was dull and mediocre zombie game. and was never expecting this to be good but when it was revealed. I was surprised that it looks great. they changed the scenerio. its no longer zombie game primilary. its now a story driven first person meelee post appocalyptic game. and it impressed me. really. this and RAGE 2 are the reason we shouldnot based sequels based on Original.

WORST:

1. Shadow of Tomb Raider: The game looks awful, same bad animations, sam terrible shooting and stealth mechanics, same lara croft. just looks bad like previous 2. but this what makes me angry that Eidos montreal. the legends are making it. they ditch the masterpiece Deus Ex for this?? Really?? SE ruined another great developers.

2. Wolfenstein Youngblood: Yeah more shitty wolfenstein. this is worst Bethesda FPS franchise now. and cant be compare to great ones like DOOM and RAGE. this is the first wolfenstein game where we dont even play as BJ instead of his daughter. gone from bad to worst.

3. Last of Us 2: I have to say graphically it looks amazing. but gameplay wise it looks AWFUL!. Nothing impress me. absolutely nothing. the melee looks bad, the shooting looks bad. it just looks like tomb raider but prettier. this is just turn me off.

4. Assassins Creed Odyssey: AC origins greece DLC now sold at full price. great ubisoft. these guys killed Splinter cell series to push this forward. a yearly AC is now back and this is now RPG. and being RPG means even more bad combat. as watching gameplay on conference. it looks like worst AC game ever.

5. Spiderman: Looks like button smashing QTE one button combat and swinging game based on worst superhero/avengers ever. why they choose spiderman over ironman is beyond me if they want to make marvel game. Im a fan of batman so i forgive one button combat in arkham games despite arkham knights suck but here. its just even boring.

so here my friends these are my top 5 best and worst games i have seen this year E3.

Overall its such a great E3 apart from some dissapointment and some really bad games shown.

https://my.mixtape.moe/svmpmn.webm
https://my.mixtape.moe/lflfbw.webm
https://my.mixtape.moe/cukiyv.webm
https://my.mixtape.moe/caqyzh.webm
https://my.mixtape.moe/kgcuce.webm

If that's considered bad or awful, then what is considered good or great? I mean really, in that first one even the car she bumps into shows appropriate physics from her body weight colliding with it. The shooting sounds impactful and yields convincing rag dolls in the second, the blow back from the explosion in the third throws the guy on the right to the ground, the guy tossing her through the glass in the fourth is a dynamic encounter, because he wouldn't have done that if they didn't happen to be in proximity of it.

The general sense of inertia and physicality to the melee is also second to none here. If it isn't the case, please show what else has that level of detail.

hanselthecaretaker:

B-Cell:

BEST:

WORST:

https://my.mixtape.moe/svmpmn.webm
https://my.mixtape.moe/lflfbw.webm
https://my.mixtape.moe/cukiyv.webm
https://my.mixtape.moe/caqyzh.webm
https://my.mixtape.moe/kgcuce.webm

If that's considered bad or awful, then what is considered good or great? I mean really, in that first one even the car she bumps into shows appropriate physics from her body weight colliding with it. The shooting sounds impactful and yields convincing rag dolls in the second, the blow back from the explosion in the third throws the guy on the right to the ground, the guy tossing her through the glass in the fourth is a dynamic encounter, because he wouldn't have done that if they didn't happen to be in proximity of it.

The general sense of inertia and physicality to the melee is also second to none here. If it isn't the case, please show what else has that level of detail.

But my friend, it has a woman in it, therefore B-Cell hates it.

Stuff I liked, in no particular order:
Doom Eternal
Metro Exodus
AC Odyssey
The Last Of Us II
Octopath Traveller

Stuff I didn't like:
Command and Conquer
No Prime 4

hanselthecaretaker:

Indeed. Say what you like about Naughty Dog, when it comes to character animation, they are masters at their craft. Very few, if any, other devs put as much care and effort into the way characters interact with each other and the environment as they do. Certainly not as consistently.

Best:
1. Ghost of Tsushima - fuedal Japan is my jam.
2. TLoU2 - sequel to one of my alltime favourites.
3. Cyberpunk 2077 - CDPR is <3
4. Metro Exodus - loved the first two and I'm sure this will be no different.
5. Sekiro - did I mention that fuedal Japan is my jam?

Honestly, I don't have any worst. If a game doesn't appeal to me, I forget about it five second later.

BEST

1. Dying Light 2 The first Dying Light is one of my favorite games of all time. I've replayed it at least 5 times, by myself and with friends. I'm very happy to hear about a sequel.

2. Metro Exodus I love the Metro games so much that it made me buy books and fucking read. Plus they're great shooters with an amazing atmosphere. I can't wait to see how larger levels will allow them to expand on the worlds lore.

3. The Last of Us 2 No, you're wrong. The gameplay doesn't look awful. It looks like The Last of Us. If that's not your thing, that's fine, but for people that like that kind of gameplay, it's the most polished of that kind of third person gameplay you can get. And that's why I'm excited for it.

4. Ghost of Tsushima When the gameplay trailer was playing, I happened to look at Twitch chat, and it was full of people saying it was a boring walking sim, with no action. This only further solidifies that everyone in Twitch chat is fucking stupid. That game looks gorgeous and very satisfying to get kills in.

5. The Elder Scrolls: Blades Yes. I put a mobile Elder Scrolls game on here, because while it's absolutey never going to be anything like a full ES experience, the game stuck in my mind long after the show. I don't know why. Maybe Im morbidly curious how it works. It might actually be fun in bursts.

WORST

1. Lol no FF7 Remake footage, information, ANYTHING.

2. Spiderman Not my thing. If you're into it, awesome, but I was falling asleep. It looks good to swing around and stuff, but I'm tired of super hero beat em up gameplay

3. Halo Infinite Learned nothing about it. Which is disappointing because I've been getting more and more into Halo recently. Elder Scrolls 6 kind of has the same spot here for the same reason.

4. Gears Funkopop or whatever Ew. Just. Ew. I already hate Funko Pops. I think they're the worst collectibles, but they're cheap so people mindlessly buy them up. I was about to get into Gears of War as a series too, but this impacted my desire a bit.

Working way up from the worst, as it's best to get the shit out the way with quick as possible like so you leave on a positive note.

Just dance: the new one.

COD: remastered maps *Slow clap edition*

EA sports: but of course, duh!

Funko Gears: Bahahaha...ok, whatever, lost interest in the series years ago anyway. Still funny though.

Erm

That's it? Alright then.

Moving on to "ooh" stuff.

:)

TLOU2,Just cause 4,KH3, Metrodus,DL2, Cyberpunk2077,Spiderman! whoop hype positivity happy excitement bear see? Woop! I can still have fun, see? Fun me! Free me! Don't run please!

Uhm... Starting with the worst... nothing? I mean, the mobile games look shit, as usual, but aside from those I can't say there was anything I was particularly disappointed or upset with. Assassin's Creed Odyssey for doubling down on the rpg elements, I guess, but then ship battles are back, so I guess it balances out?

Anyway, best in no particular order:
Spider-Man: Spider-Man 2 is one of my favorite games and this basically looks like they polished it up for current gen enjoyment. Even watching the demo my hands twitched as I tried to press the buttons corresponding to certain actions. I can't wait!

Kingdom Hearts 3: I've been waiting over a decade for this and they hype has never died once. This has been a long time coming and is the game I'm looking forward to the most! It looks so beautiful and I've only heard good things from those who got to play it!

Ghost of Tsushima: From the makers of inFamous, so they already have my money. It looks neat and Japan, feudal or modern, is still a weakness of mine. I really want to see more and I can't wait to get my hands on it. This, Shadows Never Die Twice, and Nioh 2 look like they're gonna scratch my samurai itch for a while.

Fire Emblem Three Houses: I've enjoyed the fire emblem series for quite some time and this game seems to add a lot of features that I've wanted to see, and some I never thought I wanted. From actual armies to different formations, I'm looking forward to my inevitable triumph and crying when the character I like inevitably dies.

Beyond Good and Evil 2: So, fans of the first might not like it, but since I've never played the first I've got no animosity toward the changes they've made. And boy oh boy is it different! (I watched some gameplay of the 1st BG&E). This game looks good and if it can deliver on it's promises I'm positive I'll have a blast going from planet to planet seamlessly. It basically seems to be the single-player, story-driven, rpg version of No Man's Sky, and I'm into it.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here