Resident Evil 2 Remake gameplay with no dev commentary

Looks like Claire A/Leon B is not the Canon playthrough anymore...

This is actually exactly what I wished for in the remake. awesome! Really looking forward to playing this game.

stroopwafel:
This is actually exactly what I wished for in the remake. awesome! Really looking forward to playing this game.

I like the use of a Flashlight since this remake now utilizes shadows/darkness.

You know seeing the main charcaters getting bitten and damaged by the Zombies makes me think this game should have a virus meter where the more infected you get, the closer you are to turning into a Zombie yourself. Like it could be like a harder difficulty mode for the game.

Resident Evil Outbreak did it.

Looks like they got rid of my main complaint if they were to remake it. It doesn't seem to have tank controls and static camera angles. That is good, might keep my eye on it and see how some lets players like it.

I also really like the particle effects. Like that one zombie Leon shoots you see pieces of flesh shot off and skull exposed and then that weighty 'thump' when they drop to the ground. Zombies also seem to come in different shapes and sizes. :p The general ambiance is also terrific. I still recognize it as RE2 but it's changed just enough. So hyped for this game!! I'm now also glad they kept silent on it for so long as it now has a firm release date and it's only 6 months away!

I'm sorry, I know I'm supposed to be impressed and whatnot, but whomever is playing this is just terrible. You can tell they're purposefully playing bad. Aiming directly at a zombie's head, then aiming even higher at the ceiling and then firing. That part with the 3 zombies the player was 0/8 shots at point blank range and every single one was a purposeful miss to draw the gameplay out.

Samtemdo8:
Looks like Claire A/Leon B is not the Canon playthrough anymore...

Why do you say that? This is just a demo. They even removed the Licker for that very reason. For all we know this is Leon B.

OT: On the one hand the darkness really adds to the scare factor, on the other it makes those iconic rooms and hallways less visible. Don't know if I'm a fan of Leon's sporadic commentary, it sounds a bit stiff. Also, not having the classic music is going to be tough to get over. The RPD main reception area just isn't the same without it. I won't know if I'll like the shooting till I have it in my hands -- Resident Evil has a spotty hisory with satisfying gunplay. I hope you can still blast zombies in half with the shotgun if they get too close.

Other than that yeah, it looks quite good. It's nice just having the good ol' sexy Resi characters back.

I would had preferred they just had made the graphics improved and left the camera angle and controls untouched (like in RE Remake), but still it's better than just another RE2 port.

stroopwafel:

Ditto. What a time to be alive.

Adam Jensen:

stroopwafel:

Ditto. What a time to be alive.

I cannot WAIT to see how they are gonna do William Birkin justice because to this day he is the scariest RE monster ever imo, Resident Evil Outbreak's intro showed him at his most scariest:

Looking really good.

so its running on RE7 engine? the UI and prompt is so RE7.

B-Cell:
Looking really good.

so its running on RE7 engine? the UI and prompt is so RE7.

Hey, at least its borrowing from a Game that is already a scary/survival horror game.

It makes me wonder though, since this game is practically finished, I wonder if will they actually go the extra mile and make a Resident Evil 3: Nemesis Remake, they just have to re-use a bunch of this game's assests and just make Nemesis himself work.

YES! It's got the vastly superior RE4 style camera and controls, now we just have to see if it can keep the atmosphere of the original going along with that and we're golden.

immortalfrieza:
YES! It's got the vastly superior RE4 style camera and controls, now we just have to see if it can keep the atmosphere of the original going along with that and we're golden.

Bah, I still play REs Zero through Code Veronica ok to this day.

I kinda hope there is an option to add the Fixed Camara.

Or heck I was somewhat hoping it would be in First Person like RE-7 at least.

RE2 is still my favorite overall, even though I've only played thru 4 (which is largely considered the "best" anyways). I remember even going through it multiple times with both characters and getting the best rating, which I never did with these games.

I will be interesting to see how they handle the new mechanics and camera without sacrificing the tension.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here