Forgotten Hope 2 2.2 RELEASED!!! NORMANDY IS HERE!

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Here's the best World War 2 modification for Battlefield 2 ever made.
Forgotten Hope 2.

Forgotten Hope 2 is a World War II modification for Battlefield 2™ and is based on the original Forgotten Hope, a modification for Battlefield 1942™, one of the most popular multiplayer games ever. Battlefield 1942™ featured land, sea and air combat in a way never before seen. It was the goal of the development team to maximize the game experience by adding both a realistic and enjoyable gameplay to FH and the same goes for FH2 in the future.

With over 250 new pieces of authentic equipment, with tanks such as the mighty Russian IS-2 heavy tank and the diminutive Japanese Ha-Go light tank, aircraft from the rugged American P47 Thunderbolt to the antiquated British Fairey Swordfish biplane, warships such as the British Ark Royal aircraft carrier and the German Battleship Tirpitz and weapons including the powerful German Panzerfausts and the fearsome Russian PPSh-41 submachine gun, Forgotten Hope has a wider scope than any other Second World War First Person Shooter, ever.

But the war is far from over. With the release of Electronic Arts™ Battlefield 2™, the development potential has increased a lot. An all-new game engine and physics system brings the battlefield to life like never before. The new material penetration feature measures weapons' ability to fire through barriers based on their composition and players will need to know the difference between concealment and cover in order to survive. Immense, richly detailed, destructible environments, from city streets to remote forests, brought to you with brilliant graphics are more features of Battlefield 2™, to name a few. And we are going to bring all this to the Second World War.

Winston Churchill once said "It is a mistake to look too far ahead. Only one link in the chain of destiny can be handled at a time." But we do look far ahead. The end of our road has not changed - only the stops along the way. At the beginning, Forgotten Hope 2 will concentrate on the North African theater and the struggle between the British Field Marshal Bernard Law Montgomery and the German Generalfeldmarschall Erwin Rommel.

You will be given the chance to take part in maybe the most important campaign of World War II. Fight on the side of the British forces to give the already forgotten hope back to your countrymen after the mortifying defeat at Dunkirk and the never ending German air raids. Or join the German Army in their drive to gain control over the Suez Canal and steal the last chance of the Allies to win the war and disrupt any strategic plans for building up bases to launch attacks on the "soft underbelly of Europe".

Whatever the side you choose you will have an almost endless armory at your disposal. Your weaponry will reach from knives to heavy machine guns to anti-tank rifles, your equipment will contain everything from the first aid kit to magnetic hollow charges, your motor pool will offer any type of vehicle whether you want to drive scout cars, tanks or self propelled artillery. Your airfields will give you the chance to pilot bombers and fighters and your dockyards will provide your naval fleet with an armada beginning with submarines and ending with an aircraft carrier.

Fight on ancient battlegrounds like El Alamein or Tobruk. Forgotten Hope 2 will also offer different gamemodes for different situations - in addition to the standard Head-on and Assault maps Battlefield™ is famous for, you will also need to destroy or defend strategic resources and equipment in Objective-mode play.

"The battle which is about to begin will be one of the most important battles in history. It will be the turning point of the war." But it will only be the end of the beginning for Forgotten Hope 2 - we will be expanding the mod to all of the theatres its prequel currently occupies, and more.

So whether you like house to house fighting in Stalingrad, tank battles in the Tunisian desert or dogfights in skies over southern England - Forgotten Hope 2 will have something for you.

But can you see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

the best ww2 mod... was probably the actual freaking war >.>

rekabdarb:

That doesn't really make any sense. In a modification, nobody dies in real life. In the ACTUAL WWII, around 12,000,000 people died. Please discern the dfference between reality and video games next time you post.

XUnsafeNormalX:
But can you see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

It's the taste you can see!

Hey, I actually played this! And I did enjoy it. Though I think I like Red Orchestra better. Yes as you can see I'm a pretty hardcore sim guy.

Aren't they coming out with maps in Normandy sometime soon? I never played the original Forgotten Hope but I was in shock when I looked up how much content there was in it. I Haven't played FH2 in a while but I will if it gets close to having the massive amounts of content as FH1.

ElephantGuts:
Hey, I actually played this! And I did enjoy it. Though I think I like Red Orchestra better. Yes as you can see I'm a pretty hardcore sim guy.

Aren't they coming out with maps in Normandy sometime soon? I never played the original Forgotten Hope but I was in shock when I looked up how much content there was in it. I Haven't played FH2 in a while but I will if it gets close to having the massive amounts of content as FH1.

The earliest I heard Version 2.2 was coming out (Normandie [about 6 maps]) was in two weeks. The latest was in June. Specifically June 6. Yes, the anniverserary of D-Day. Though a good marketing tecnique, I'd be pissed if they came out with it on two freakin' months!

A couple more screenshots:
FH2 is great for tank combat! (map shown is in the Upcoming 2.2 release!)

Good graphics!

Stuka's For the win!

El Daba

A bad place to be.

Convinced?

Oh my, those screenshots look tasty. I shall have to look into this.

OneHP:
Oh my, those screenshots look tasty. I shall have to look into this.

You can find it at http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/index.php?flash=yes

More Tastiness (airplane--Om, nom nom.)

sorry, the images get cut off...

any image requests?
Infantry?
Tanks?
Weapons?
Maps?

Well, one of the most-anticipated maps so far:
Pointe Du Hoc
image image image

An update!

Silent Breakout by: Lightning

21.05.2009 21:30 GMT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello and welcome back to another update of Forgotten Hope. Today we have a render of the British Horsa glider and a lot of screenshots from the map Operation Goodwood.

First up is the Horsa. It was modeled by Toddel and Lobo and skinned by Toddel.

The Airspeed Horsa was designed in 1940 - a reaction to the Germans' excellent use of gliders during the invasion of the Low Countries and France. Its first flight was in September of 1941, but it wasn't used in an actual operation until more than a year later. The Horsa was one of the largest combat-gliders of world war 2, with a capacity of as many as 25 soldiers (compared to the Waco's 13 and the DFS 230's 9). Nearly 3800 were built.

Next, we have some screenshots of the map 'Operation Goodwood', which was made by Knoffhoff. As usual, you can find the minimap and loading screen in the map section.

July 18th, 1944 - 0745 hours. The battle for Normandy is drawing on slowly as with every major operation the Allies advance only a few kilometres at a time. Even after six weeks, the city of Caen is only partly in Allied hands. However, things are about to change. In the west the Americans are about to launch a major breakthrough attempt and in the east the British and Canadians aren't giving the Germans a moment's rest. During the past week, preparations have been made for Operation Goodwood, a major attack east of Caen, designed to tie down the Germans to ease the American operations in the west. Now, after this morning's massive aerial bombardment, 60,000 British men and 760 tanks advance under cover of heavy artillery fire. The attack goes well, but things change when it runs into the German positions at Cagny...
image image
image image

Lebisey
image image image image image image image image

One question is it possible to play with bots?

YES! It is! Bots are perfectly done, except for the commander on Mersa Matruh. It's bugged, and thie fix is coming soon.
http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/main.php?module=maps&scenario=3&map=5&lang=english

hell, it's even got bikes! image

Yes, but can it still make toast?

It could never make toast...its much too awesome for such a trivial task. Would you make Arnold Swartsenegger (however you spell that) star in a christmas movie?

...oh, wait...

ooooh, WW2, i thought it said Wii. my mistake.

looks quite good

Forgotten Hope on the Wii?

hmmm...

Zeke109:
Forgotten Hope on the Wii?

hmmm...

HEY! watch it!!! *pointing finger at you*

But what did i do?

Anyway, go to Gamesurge.net/chat and type in /join #fhmod
Everyone there will be happy to answer extended questions.

Wait, why is there a World War II mod when we already HAVE a Battlefield: 1942 - not to mention the fact that they are remaking it?

BF 1943 is not a remake of battlefield 1942. It's what EA does. They go from one game to the next, playing with one for a while, and then not supporting it anymore when they move on to the next one.

Anyway, FH is a Historical Accuracy mod for both BF1942 and BF2. The original BF1942 was not realistic at all.

Whats it like in terms of realism as say compared to Red Orchestra?

Its looks interesting but I need to have my iron sights now.

There are iron sights. I haven't played RO, so i don't know.

To bad ww2 has been dead for like 30 games now. Why can't anyone make a good modern fps...

ElephantGuts:

RO is the only sim game I've ever really enjoyed. I can't wait for the sequel. The axis campaign will be interesting.

Zac_Dai:
Whats it like in terms of realism as say compared to Red Orchestra?

Its looks interesting but I need to have my iron sights now.

They're pretty similar. Speaking from memory (Since I haven't played FH2 in a while), RO is a bit more realistic what with being wounded in different parts of your body, armor penetration, and such. But FH2 is definetly more realistic than Battlefield 2.

So RO is still more realistic in some areas, but if you like RO you'll probably like this for a change of scenery. And planes.

rekabdarb:

Not really a good mod my laptop kept crahing and whenever i turned it back on i would be on the level Fuhrerbunker.

But seriously i am excited by this mod as any game that includes a Lee-Enfield will make me excited.

Larkin, what game are you playing? There is no Führer-Bunker in FH2. Also, if you are having problems, Developers are always avalible on the Help/Support Forum. Crashes rarely happen. It usually has something to do with shaders.
FH2 Support:
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?board=18.0
Here is what you are most likely looking for:
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=576.0

Zeke109:
It could never make toast...

Bah! No World War II games or mods ever mention how the Allies' capture of the great bread mines in Northwest Africa as well as the toast refineries of France helped shift the balance of power in all theaters of the war, especially the Europian front (Japan had learned to not use only toast as rations/aircraft fuel following the Kyoto toast famine of '32.) Learn historical facts before you release a mod that you claim is the 'best World War II mods for Battlefield 2' and I might consider playing it as opposed to my sweet mistress, Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory.

This has been another exciting episode of Birr-istory, much more exciting history from someone who lost his mind after surviving on only raw hotdogs and Mountain Dew Game Fuel for three days.

Zeke109:
BF 1943 is not a remake of battlefield 1942. It's what EA does. They go from one game to the next, playing with one for a while, and then not supporting it anymore when they move on to the next one.

Anyway, FH is a Historical Accuracy mod for both BF1942 and BF2. The original BF1942 was not realistic at all.

Hey! IT WAS SO REALISTIC MAYN! Like, landing on the beaches, n shit, and I was all ike "Yeah, you killed me this time, but I'll respawn"... My apologies, couldn't resist.

I freaking LOVED this Mod during 1942 - I also had a play with it during the Not frustrating BF2 days. Damn it! Soon as I get home from work I'm going to reinstall BF2 and download this mofo. Thanks a lot.

Also are there many servers about for FH2? If so, you may of spawned another addict.

There are 3-4 populated servers (at least 20 each) Hslan is usually mostly full.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked