Nintendo Direct 13th September 3pm PT: It's Happening Take Two Edition!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1037339567630639109

So a New Nintendo Direct stream has been announced. discuss your hopes & predictions as well as the actual games that get announced after the directs finished.

they say that this Direct will focus on 3DS and Switch Games, i assume that a large chunk of time will also be of them discussing and promoting the Switch Online Service.

Hopefully we see new Yoshi Switch, Metroid Prime 4 & Bayonetta 3 trailers. and i know it's a long shot but hopefully we see them reveal Pikmin 4 as well finally.

Perhaps the rumored "better version" of a Nintendo Switch will be announced with 4k support and what not.

And please cool it with Smash Bros I can only get so hyped with all the new features.

Please something on Metroid Prime 4 and please don't look like ass.

How about a new version of the Switch with a battery that isn't useless. Diablo 3 is coming and I wanna be able to play it on the go for more than a couple hours without being stuck to a wall plug.

Samtemdo8:
Perhaps the rumored "better version" of a Nintendo Switch will be announced with 4k support and what not.

And please cool it with Smash Bros I can only get so hyped with all the new features.

I highly doubt that they would announced a new revision of the switch. it's way too soon in the life cycle of the switch to do that. maybe, maybe late 2019, but more probably 2020.

anyway, i think the oinline service will take at least half of the direct, so, beside that, i guess more details on yoshi, perhaps a trailer for metroid prime 4. 2-3 rapid 3ds games, maybe a new smash fighter, maybe 2-3 new switch titles. but that's about it

cathou:

Samtemdo8:

I highly doubt that they would announced a new revision of the switch. it's way too soon in the life cycle of the switch to do that. maybe, maybe late 2019, but more probably 2020.

anyway, i think the oinline service will take at least half of the direct, so, beside that, i guess more details on yoshi, perhaps a trailer for metroid prime 4. 2-3 rapid 3ds games, maybe a new smash fighter, maybe 2-3 new switch titles. but that's about it

I just find it funny how someone is trying to push a rumor that died out in a day because the guy who started it withdrew said rumor due to having a dubious track record and a history of being duped.

Anyway, my guess is we'll get an update on the online service as well as upcoming titles.

At this stage the only way they'd get my interest is with full backwards compatibility.

Of every game that was released on their consoles. Ever.

Except the Wii library. If they didn't have motion controllers, I'd understand.

Argh, I want a remaster of Xenoblade Chronicles X. And get rid of the whole 'have to ask characters directly to join your party' nonsense. Why the hell did they chose that over something that JRPGs have been doing forever?

I want mah Metroid. Also, a confirmation of the Western release date for Valkyria Chronicles 4.

Delayed due to natural disasters. Hopefully everybody's okay.

altnameJag:
Delayed due to natural disasters. Hopefully everybody's okay.

Mother Nature being a bitch as usual it seems.

When it gets rescheduled, I want information on... Metroid Prime 4 (and hopefully rereleases of the Metroid Prime Triology on Switch), Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and Yoshi. In that order.

Well, what I really want are details on the upcoming "true" Pokemon game on the Switch, but that's not going to happen (yet).

I'm getting a bit of Super Smash Bros fatigue. I don't need a zillionth character reveal.

Silvanus:
When it gets rescheduled, I want information on... Metroid Prime 4 (and hopefully rereleases of the Metroid Prime Triology on Switch), Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and Yoshi. In that order.

Well, what I really want are details on the upcoming "true" Pokemon game on the Switch, but that's not going to happen (yet).

I'm getting a bit of Super Smash Bros fatigue. I don't need a zillionth character reveal.

a good chunk of the direct looks like it's going to be about me.

I wouldn't mind something on Metroid Prime 4...if it showed it was going to be completely different from Metroid Prime 1.

Anyway, you know my hopes and dreams for Nintendo IPs, and know that to get my hopes up is for Nintendo to shatter them, so I'll leave it at that.

Three games meant for the Direct were announced outside of that. Civilization 6, Final Fantasy XV pocket edition, and Mega Man 11, are coming to the switch.

Commanderfantasy:
Three games meant for the Direct were announced outside of that. Civilization 6, Final Fantasy XV pocket edition, and Mega Man 11, are coming to the switch.

wow, Civ 6 is a huge news. if the sales are decent, this probably mean that the switch might have games like xcom later on

cathou:

Commanderfantasy:

wow, Civ 6 is a huge news. if the sales are decent, this probably mean that the switch might have games like xcom later on

Why wouldn't they get xcom anyway? Mario/kingdom rabbids was basically mario-xcom, I see no reason why the real deal would already work.

Commanderfantasy:

cathou:

Commanderfantasy:

Why wouldn't they get xcom anyway? Mario/kingdom rabbids was basically mario-xcom, I see no reason why the real deal would already work.

because right now, a ps4 and xbox one of Xcom2 have been announced, but not a word on a switch version...

Hoping for a Wonderful 101 Switch port announcement.

It's Habbening Take Two!

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1039876288553484291

also Switch paid online starts on the 18/09/2018 with a 7 day free trial.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1039877541790670848

Yoshi178:
It's Habbening Take Two!

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1039876288553484291

also Switch paid online starts on the 18/09/2018 with a 7 day free trial.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1039877541790670848

Don't look like ass Metroid Prime 4.....

For the love of all that is good Namco PLEASE retain the Retro Studio look. I want Retro Studio Samus Aran back!!!

Not the current Smash Bros/Metroid Other M look:

We've seen plenty of smash. I'm just lookin' for Metroid and Fire Emblem.

If they're going to talk about Smash(which they will), I hope they show what that blurred out part in the main menu was and that they DON'T show any new characters off, they should keep them a secret to find in game when in comes out. I can't say I'm interested in their online subscription, NES games just aren't really worth it, SNES games maybe, but if they at least included N64 or Gamecube games, then they'd have my attention. Not sure what else to expect, but I hope they included some more info on Bayonetta 3.

Kitsune Hunter:
If they're going to talk about Smash(which they will), I hope they show what that blurred out part in the main menu was and that they DON'T show any new characters off, they should keep them a secret to find in game when in comes out. I can't say I'm interested in their online subscription, NES games just aren't really worth it, SNES games maybe, but if they at least included N64 or Gamecube games, then they'd have my attention. Not sure what else to expect, but I hope they included some more info on Bayonetta 3.

If they're talking about smash, they'll likely do a character reveal or two, and explain how online works, since that's likely the crux of the Direct.

Kitsune Hunter:

I don't know, the list of new assist trophies showcased kinda put a damper on what can possibly be added in this game now?

Samtemdo8:

How about not playing like ass? :P

Hawki:

Samtemdo8:

How about not playing like ass? :P

That too. And that is even more worrying. Will Namco preserve that its an immersive First Person "Adventure"?

Samtemdo8:

That too. And that is even more worrying. Will Namco preserve that its an immersive First Person "Adventure"?

That was more a shot at the Metroid Prime (and to an extent, Hunters). As I stated, the only way I can see myself enjoying Metroid Prime 4 is if it's nothing like its predecessors.

Hawki:

Samtemdo8:

That was more a shot at the Metroid Prime (and to an extent, Hunters). As I stated, the only way I can see myself enjoying Metroid Prime 4 is if it's nothing like its predecessors.

To be honest, as much as I enjoy Prime, I do find that the sub-series was running out of ideas by Prime 2 and the only reason Prime 3 was able to eke out some innovations was due to the Wii's motion controls. When you get down to it, First Person is an inherently limiting viewpoint.

Aiddon:

Hawki:

Samtemdo8:

To be honest, as much as I enjoy Prime, I do find that the sub-series was running out of ideas by Prime 2 and the only reason Prime 3 was able to eke out some innovations was due to the Wii's motion controls. When you get down to it, First Person is an inherently limiting viewpoint.

But it made it all the more immersive!!!

Seeing your helmet visor and get wet, stained with blood, and steam humidity.

Take that away and make it a 3rd Person game ala Metroid Other M and you might aswell call it Metroid 5 or Metroid Switch.

This is Metroid PRIME 4. And we expect a Metroid PRIME game to look like this:

Samtemdo8:

Aiddon:

Hawki:

Take that away and make it a 3rd Person game ala Metroid Other M and you might aswell call it Metroid 5 or Metroid Switch.

Slightly off topic, I remember seeing the artwork for Quadraxis in a guide book or Nintendo Power or something and being disappointed when had a white instead of neon green coloring for his barrier panel things.

Samtemdo8:

No it didn't. The reason the Prime games are so "immersive" (god, I have come to hate that term) is because they take place in unique, richly detailed worlds that pile on atmosphere. Which meant that they were doing what was a series' mainstay, it doesn't matter whether it's in 1st or 3rd person. Literally every entry of the series emphasized that. Considering how the main thrust of the series is isolation (not so much Other M, but even then Samus has minimal support) atmosphere better be good or else you're just bored.

Aiddon:

Samtemdo8:

No it didn't. The reason the Prime games are so "immersive" (god, I have come to hate that term) is because they take place in unique, richly detailed worlds that pile on atmosphere. Which meant that they were doing what was a series' mainstay, it doesn't matter whether it's in 1st or 3rd person. Literally every entry of the series emphasized that. Considering how the main thrust of the series is isolation (not so much Other M, but even then Samus has minimal support) atmosphere better be good or else you're just bored.

I don't want it in 3rd Person Regardless or else you call it Metroid 5, or 6, or Metroid "insert generic title"

Luigi's Mansion 3 Fuck Yeah!
Animal Crossing Fuck Off!

Luigi's Mansion 3 announced for the Switch:

Yoshi178:
Luigi's Mansion 3 Fuck Yeah!
Animal Crossing Fuck Off!

Never cared for Animal Crossing?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or