Dead or Alive 6 Release Date Announcement, New Trailer

New Info:

- Release Date is Feb. 15 2019
- Honoka, Ayane, Noytengu, Phase 4, Bayman, Marie Rose confirmed to return
- New original character to join cast with Diego, not yet revealed
- Standard, Digital Collector's Editions available worldwide
- Japan-only Collector's Edition with 3 Oppai/Ass Mousepads (Honoka, Marie Rose, unannounced), soundtrack, Kasumi/Ayane Damikakura, Steelbook

Overall good news, but there is some bad news;

Nyotengu and Phase 4 only come with the game if you Pre-Order the game, similar to Tira from SC6 or Eliza from T7. If you don't you must purchase them separately.

Like seriously Team Ninja, no one wants or likes this. Come on.

Also, Honkers and Phase 4 revealed to be coming back before many series mainstays like Christie, Bass, Tina, Brad Wong, Lisa, Eliot etc. is disappointing, mostly because Honkers is just a lame mimic character with literally no relevance in the game and Phase 4 is literally just Kasumi with more teleporting in her moveset, making her a more annoying Kasumi in effect.

But Bayman confirmed back, as is Nyotengu, whom I was sure was going to get the boot because she wasn't the most popular character AND she seemed to clash with Shimbori's vision for the game.

I thought Nyotengu was pretty popular, along with Honoka and Marie Rose. It's a shame that Nyotengu won't seem to be integrated with story mode.

But I do like the jurassic park and water park level.

So the slicing up of fighting games to squeeze out every penny continues...

I'm not a big fan of this genre, but I feel bad for anyone who is.

Avnger:

You learn to develop patience. You wait until the next game of the series to be announced, and then for the steam summer sale. Get it all for cheap.

Fighting games are not really something for casual play. As someone who is competitive, I'm used to just buying all the dlc asap so that when I bring my system to a tournament it'll be usable as an extra setup no matter which character people play. It's just part of it and when you spend thousands of hours playing these games, them costing 60 bucks or 80 bucks or 100 bucks is negligible since you are bound to win more than that much money in like a week if you're good enough.

But yeah if you just want a fighting game to fart around with and not take seriously, you don't even really need to get the new one asap since you won't have other people with whom you must keep up in the new balance and learn the new mechanics. You can just wait until there's a sale or a bundle or an enhanced edition a few years down the line.

My thing is that I value that year's worth of time with the game when the community is at its most vibrant WAY more than I do the 20-40 bucks I'll save for waiting.

Avnger:

I'm of the opinion that all gameplay content ready to go on Day 1 goes to everyone who buys the game, period, regardless of store, time, or method.

If you really want to do pre-order/store specific stuff, then it should be cosmetic only, involving no gameplay content.

Nyotengu and Phase 4 being Pre-Order/Day 1 content is BS. If they wanted to do something like that they could've gone with a costume or something like that.

Paragon Fury:

Avnger:

I'm of the opinion that all gameplay content ready to go on Day 1 goes to everyone who buys the game, period, regardless of store, time, or method.

If you really want to do pre-order/store specific stuff, then it should be cosmetic only, involving no gameplay content.

Nyotengu and Phase 4 being Pre-Order/Day 1 content is BS. If they wanted to do something like that they could've gone with a costume or something like that.

I was afraid bullshit like this would happen. And certain people on this board were "worried" or crying about not having their cheesecake fan-service. When I told them I was more worried about Koei Tecmo's DLC practices. Which has gotten worse with their Dynasty Warrior/Samurai Warriors games.

Honestly, I am finding it harder and harder to purchase fighting games for this reason. No, I don't want to hear, buy it when the game(s)[1] become cheaper; it's the principle of the matter.

[1] Or if it's an ultimate/complete/this should have been in the game in the first place edition

Marik2:
you know me

Why I won't get it for a helluva long time and you know it, then...

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here