27.9% (29)
Both (after popular demand)
28.8% (30)
28.8% (30)

Votes: 104
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Multiplayer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Over the recent video game consoles game play has changed significantly. Online Multiplayer has become all the rage and some games are devoted to it. However, I prefer good old split screen multiplayer. I like the fun of trash talking, and the fact you can actually talk and interact with your friend without a mic strapped to your head. What do you like?

im sorry but i hate playing by myself and i have no siblings and most of my friends are busy when im not. And i mainly play video games to play with others and online multiplay is the way to go. But doing split-screen online is also great.

online cos splitscreen means you cant see much on youre screen :(
it all gets cramped or cut off

I like playing a game with a good buddy but i really hate split screen it's a pain in the ass i much prefer talking trash to friends online

I have to go with online, quite frankly i have less of a chance of having a sucker who wants to play with me than my internet not working.

Online. My eyes are bad enough as they are, seeing just 1/2 or 1/4 of the screen doesn't make it much easier. And I'm too lazy to carry around glasses =P

Also, you can fit in more people with Online multiplayer.

LAN.

/thread

I honestly would rather have the person in the room with me. That being said split screen can be a pain in the ass and dependent on factors such as the way its designed and the size of your tely. I really only play online on my PC, i have xbox live but i dont really bother with it. When done right i prefer split screen.

Every multiplayer needs split screen. No exceptions.

Every multiplayer game should have the ability to play online and over split-screen for at least two players (preferably four).

Online because you can't see everything split-screen and also people can see your screen and everything you're doing so hiding is not an option.Now, even though I've said all that, I think that all games should have split screen. It's very frustrating to want to play a game with friends at your house and not be able to. It's always good to have and I may not prefer it, but it's just so much better to have access to it.

you can hardly have a 64 or 32 player game with split screen, can you?

Add a "both" option!

I prefer split screen because you can have pyjama parties and play footsies with your rivals and switch between late night shows and zombies and have koolaid and then orgy

dragonburner:
Over the recent video game consoles game play has changed significantly. Online Multiplayer has become all the rage and some games are devoted to it. However, I prefer good old split screen multiplayer. I like the fun of trash talking, and the fact you can actually talk and interact with your friend without a mic strapped to your head. What do you like?

I gotta go with you on this one. My friends and I love a good co-op game.

why is there no both option??? i prefer both

Co-op slip screen, competitive online, no vote for me

I prefer online because split-screen always gives me bullshit situations
"oh how convenient that you decided to turn around just in time to see me sneaking up on you"
"oh how lucky that you decided to duck for cover just as I'd lined my shot up"
"oh how skillful you are that you can guess I'm about to T-bone you on the next corner of this track"

see?

damion559:

Bendon:
Add a "both" option!

I prefer split screen because you can have pyjama parties and play footsies with your rivals and switch between late night shows and zombies and have koolaid and then orgy

damion559:

Fixed!

I like the old fashioned split screen. It bugs me when I get a great game, with online multiplayer, that I cannot play with my husband. Someday I will just buy another 360 and fix that problem, when money grows on trees.

Both! i prefer to play with friends, but i would very much like to be able to play when i'm by myself as well.

It just sucks when a game has a multiplayer mode, and you can't play it with your friends unless you're both at your consoles.

So both, both, both

ah fudge nuts i wanted to hit both but was too quick to pick online.
oh oh the best should be Online Split Screen obviously, a game with split-screen online mode would be superb... get on that

Splitscreen = Fail

Split screen mainly because everytime I go on live at my neighbors, I can't stand it, the constant noobs and childish trash talking is really grating. I'm sorry mister apparently higher plane of existence, this is my first time playing, and then the person with the mic that he is sorry to have a crappy player. What a friend and ride to school you turned out to be.
Plus, I like 4 people in a room huddled around the TV. Feels less robotic, more human, and taunting is all the more fun. With the punching and being that guy.

Just because you can kick the crap out of your noob friends doesn't mean you're all that good. So online, because it's the only way to get real competition.

I've made a ton of friends playing online, and have recruited RL friends to play with my online play group, creating my own little RL/OL balanced gaming community.

So yeah, online. Unless you're playing 007 on N64. Being able to watch other people's screens and adjust your position and strategy around what they're doing is the true test of a master :P.

Over two player online/Lan.

Usually online; split-screen gets horribly confusing with a lot of players. On the other hand, if it's just only a two-player game and I have a choice of my friend sitting next to me or being miles away at their own computer/T.V., I'm okay with the split.

Splitscreen is just a shitty replacement for LAN multiplayer, with no redeeming factor. If you want local multiplayer on a single screen, that's what fighting games and other non-splitscreen games are for.

Totally depends on the game. Some games are 10x better with someone playing next to you, like Super Smash Bros for example. Other games don't pull off splitscreen very well and work better online. As a general rule, I don't even buy games that don't have online multiplayer.

Splitscreen is a must for games with multiplayer, besides if its just online play then your friends that live nearby can only stand and watch you play other people which gets old fast.

With the easy access to online multiplayer you get with most Consoles of this generation split screen is an inundated idea, which rarely needs to be used nowadays... At least going from my experience.

Splitscreen is always good, but not always practical. When I do manage to get a 4 person local multiplayer match started it is awesome, and the topic of conversation for months to come. I recently went to a "Nintendo 64 Party", I supplied the extra controllers and games, and we had a blast. Mario Kart 64, Star Fox, Super Smash Brothers, Goldeneye... All of the classics made an appearance.

It seems everybody is always doing something now that we are adults (that's scary). Work, school, family time, its nearly impossible to get 4 people free at the same time. Also, people have moved away...

I voted for both types of games. You need online so you can play with strangers (which I find interesting) and people who moved away, but you also need splitscreen so you can play with people around you, in the same room (like we did in the old days :P).

I've noticed a lack of split screen options in games recently, and its pretty sad. We know the Xbox 360 can support four controllers, lets give it a reason too.

I'd have to say both. I like it even better if I can go online with a person on splitscreen. Hardly any games do that anymore. What gives? I can't play COD4 with my friends because they don't own it or XBL. Sure, I can play 4 splitscreen, but I prefer 6 on 6 TDM.

While online multi-player is always awesome to have, I've never found it quite as fun as having a couple friends over with some split screen play going on. Preferably split screen and online though, 1 on 1, or even 2 on 2 can be pretty dull on most games, particularly if it's one that doesn't have bots.

I almost always prefer online, because playing with only three others is not as fun as sixteen. But on games like Rock Band, online play is no where near as fun as split screen with all four.

Splitscreen = Ick, Barf, etc. when x represents people and x > or =2 when playing any fps

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked