Well?
*sings tunefully* Yes indeed I would! Could you please make it for me?
44.7% (38)
44.7% (38)
Maybe, depends on what else it can do.
29.4% (25)
29.4% (25)
NO! Simply put.
21.2% (18)
21.2% (18)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Would you buy a game if it had musical cutscenes and dialogue?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I'm talking a whole full musical song and dance routine.

I probably would, considering I spent one whole play through of Mass Effect with the sound muted so I could sing (badly and out of tune) all of the dialogue in a mock operatic style.

Yes , it will make the games even more fun:D

A musical game? Sound bloody brilliant!

When's it out?

No.

No!

Dear God, NO!

Fellow gamers, I know the prospect of a musical-theater game is tempting, but think about it...

DO YOU REALLY WANT A MUSICAL THEATER GAME???

I'm still waiting for "The Phantom of the Opera: The Game". Brutally murder policeman, stalk underage girls, burn priceless public structures to the ground, and take part in several tasteful musical numbers!

Coming to a store near you.

HardRockSamurai:
No.

No!

Dear God, NO!

Fellow gamers, I know the prospect of a musical-theater game is tempting, but think about it...

Look up.

I hate musical films, why should i play games that do that?
Well, NO!

Only if it's like The Great Mighty Poo

Puny hero on the road!
Haha ha! Hear me shout!
High from my tower I behold
your puny actions to overthrow me,
Haha ha, you silly dolt!

If it means the return of the rhyming villains I would have no objections at all.
Not to mention the overreacted character reactions in cutscenes would finally make somewhat sense.

Yes, I think I'd probably enjoy that quite a bit. Of course, my enjoyment might vary depending on the subject, but if we're talking "Halo: The Musical - Springtime for Master Chief", then I'm in.

I would love one, but I can imagine the idea being unpopular

I'd rather cut off my left testicle.*

*Note that this is an exaggeration, and not obligatory by law.

It would be great to see if only once.

"What are you doinnnnngggg, you cant kill all those innocent peopleeeeee!"

"YES I CAN, YES I CAN"

But rather humorous the first time around but would lose its charm after a while. Rather go see a musical.

Holy fucking god no.

No. I can't express the amount of negativity I wish to generate towards this idea without punching a kitten.

I wouldn't buy it for musical numbers, but I wouldn't reject it for it either. I liked the two musical cutscenes in FFX-2, at least.

EDIT: Oh, and Kingdom Hearts 2 has a good opening, too.

HELL no.

Singing to songs please.

Yes if they were good.

It depends really. If it's done in humour, or something of the like, then yeah. However, if it's taken seriously, I don't think so, unless it was a really good game.

Seriously, does no one who voted yes remember Atlantica in Kingdom Hearts 2?

hahah... id love to see les miserables as a video game XD

Guitar Hero sorta counts already, you know.

Space Spoons:
Yes, I think I'd probably enjoy that quite a bit. Of course, my enjoyment might vary depending on the subject, but if we're talking "Halo: The Musical - Springtime for Master Chief", then I'm in.

I HAVE played cod 3 with "Springtime for Hitler" playing in the back =P

OT: YES YES YES

I may restart fallout just so i can mute it. =]

I would buy it, and I would constantly say it's "hardcore" until everyone else agrees just to shut me up.

We will have Call of Duty : A Fiddler in Jenerikstahn yet! :D

Oh God yes, have you read my posts? Half are random rantings, the other half are songs.

Hey cousin!
Let's go, grab a car!
American titties,
they're not far!

God damn it Roman
I am busy
God I hate
This fucking city!

NIKO! IT'S BRUCIE
HOW'S IT HANGIN?!
LET'S GRAB SOME LADIES
FUCKIN BANG EM!

Jesus Christ
Leave me alone
YELLOW CAR!
Just take me home.

What you mean like this?

Heck if they can make it work, I'd like to take a look at it.

Not paticularly. For the same reasons animated fight scenes don't really impress me. Animated dancing is nothing special. The singing might work but you may limit your audience based on your choice of music. On the other hand almost everyone loves the portal song.

I would love to have a game that, I can see it now...

It would probely have th most drmatic affect in games like no more heros or MadWorld. One that are already over the top.

I can't believe I didn't think of this. It could just work!

Maybe if it had good gameplay and a good story.

If it was pulled off well. Good songs and preferably integrated into the gameplay in some way.

I thought this was a rather cool example. Comes out of nowhere, but it's hilarious.

Short answer: No.

Long Answer: Really no, and if Peter Moleneux hears aboutthis then I am holding you responsable.

hell yeah affirmative all the way mates

If we're talking full on Westside Story choreographed dance routines, I'd rather not, but a musical number or two in a cutscene would be nice.

Good god, sir. The horror you have conceived and wish to loose upon the earth is an abomination not even the likes of Howard Philips Lovecraft would dream of!

I hate musicals. Keep them away from mah vidja games!

HT_Black:
I'm still waiting for "The Phantom of the Opera: The Game". Brutally murder policeman, stalk underage girls, burn priceless public structures to the ground, and take part in several tasteful musical numbers!

Coming to a store near you.

HardRockSamurai:
No.

No!

Dear God, NO!

Look up.

Mandatory stealth scene in which you poison Carlotta's water, some Rock Band-ish singing pieces. Also, a minigame in which you aim a chandelier so it falls onto specific people would kick arse.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked