Is a multiplayer games community able to affect the fun of a game?
Yes
70% (42)
70% (42)
No
6.7% (4)
6.7% (4)
In Some Cases
21.7% (13)
21.7% (13)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Multiplayer games

Halo 3, it had a short campiagn, doing the series no justice. It was a multiplayer game, and a damn good one at that. Yes I played it, but then I got bored because it was repetitive. Not only that but the games overpowered weapons missle-launcher, sniper rifle (what the hell happened to the god damn shaking to balance things out?) and the sword were being taken by cheap pricks who dominate the rounds. So I quit and now pretty much hate online games. What I'm saying is, no matter how good a games multiplayer is, it's only as good as the community behind it, and when cheap assholes make up at least 25% of that community and the maps are packed with one hit kill weapons the multiplayer takes a nosedive. So do you belive the sentance above, or do you think the people playing the multiplayer game have nothing to do with how fun it is?

Yes, absolutely yes, there are always going to be dickheads across the board; some communities are better than others.

In some cases yes. Behavior wise they can create false sterotypes about the Gaming community and cause people to shun said game. The reason you listed however is mearly playing the game. They put those weapons on the map to allow a shift in the game.

maddawg IAJI:
In some cases yes. Behavior wise they can create false sterotypes about the Gaming community and cause people to shun said game. The reason you listed however is mearly playing the game. They put those weapons on the map to allow a shift in the game.

Fine, but the sniper rifle is a little cheap, remember in games before halo when your charecter aimed with it the rifle shook a little, halos rifle doesn't, the rocket launchers had one shot and took a few seconds to reload halos rocketlauncher has to rockets and has a quick reload for something it's size, and the sword as long as you didn't see him coming you have a chance at killing him. Yeah I see what your saying, they put them there, might as well use them, all I did was point out the rocketlauncher and sniper rifles cheap qualities.

Also if the person does nothing but take these weapons and actually gets his hands on them, chances are the cheapass is going to kill alot of people before he gets killed. Thats the type of person I'm talking about. The extreamly cheap easy kill weapon hogging assholes.

That's the thing bout Halo 3, it isn't realistic, and enever will be. It's supposed to be fun. I know what you mean about over-powered weapons (having been at the recieving end of them many a time).

I found that the less mainstream the game, the better the community is. I can't stand XBL myself, so I just play on the PC.

Off-topic: Oh no, two people with brotherhood of steel avatars on the same board!

Of course the community can affect the fun of a multiplayer game. I've had it where i've just started out on a new game and get people calling me a noob just because my first time playing i didn't get a positive score but on the other hand i've played on lots of servers that have a friendly community and makes playing more enjoyable because of it

Oh yes the community effects and online game. As for the balanced weapons, there is nothign worse than playing on a game where you get members of the community who only play with out-powered guns (reason i dont play hardcore on Cod:waw).

HELL YA!!! if cod4 had no multiplayer it would be a failure, but then the multiplayer brought it up to a 9/10 at least

Definitely, unequivocally yes times 1000. I've had so many games ruined by people with gigantic chips on their shoulders and feel the need to point out any mistake I might make.

The worst part about it is, I'm not even a bad player, so I can't imagine what people who go through matches with a very low K/D ratio (mine's usually even for the record) go through and why they keep playing the game. Masochism at its finest I guess

That's one reason why I often don't like playing multiplayer. I play video games to escape from the douchebags who ruin my day in real life. In fact, the more people in real life are annoying me, the more I turn to games to unwind. The last thing I need is those same types of people making my games less fun too.

Sven und EIN HUND:
Yes, absolutely yes, there are always going to be dickheads across the board; some communities are better than others.

Yup, I've noticed a popular trend on Nazi Zombies is window kill stealing, max ammo before reloads, and killing crawlers.

Anyone who plays Der Reise on COD:WAW will know how freaking annoying this gets.

Of course the community makes the fun, if they suck and your owning, its awesome fun. If your getting killed left and right chances are you aren't having fun. Although there are few cases like Cod4 for me where I'm too good I'm bored the whole time getting 30 kills a game.

malxmusician212:
HELL YA!!! if cod4 had no multiplayer it would be a failure, but then the multiplayer brought it up to a 9/10 at least

Thats just stupid thinking, I've played every COD game released but I never played online till Cod3.
I BOUGHT Cod4 for the SP and it was great, if anything Cod4s MP ruined the game for me. Unbalanced perks based system, shit servers, overpowered weapons to start and fucking Aim Assist for the snipers sparking the whole "No Scope" bullshit across the board. Then they decided to copy that bullshit system for the next TWO games. If I didnt love Nazi Zombies so much I wouldnt own Codwaw, and only reason I'm buying Mw2 is for the Coop.

Furburt:
I found that the less mainstream the game, the better the community is. I can't stand XBL myself, so I just play on the PC.

Off-topic: Oh no, two people with brotherhood of steel avatars on the same board!

This is so true. The original F.E.A.R on ps3 was great online because no one cared about it.

imahobbit4062:

malxmusician212:

I BOUGHT Cod4 for the SP and it was great, if anything Cod4s MP ruined the game for me.

well i think the opposite, i think that the mp was awesome but i can see where you're coming from that the guns were unfairly overpowered and bad perks and everything, but i think that the two bad perks were martyrdom and last stand which i THINK they got rid of, but one can only hope haha, and i think that the guns WERE bad but i took it that the guns that I have are just as overpowered as other people's guns so that balanced itself out, but ur right in the respect that some guns *cough* p90 and m16 *cough* were extremely unfair and i agree in that sense

I agree that a community can make or break an online experience.

However, the OP sounds like he just doesn't like people who are better than him. Complaining about a Sniper Rifle being cheap is like... pretty much begging someone to call you a moron. Sniping is hard. It takes skill. Things that take skill are VERY rarely cheap, beyond infinite juggles in fighting games and stuff like that.

Yes, oh yes. Just look at World of Warcraft's online community. Bunch of bloody idiots that, in my opinion, make me want to play the game less.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked