Real scary PC games.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Ok, I'm looking for a good Scary PC game. I want something SCARY, so no jumpy horror that doesn't freak me out. So if you say deadspace, or resident evil I'm gonna smack you.

cookie to the person who can give me good REAL horror game.

A lot of people say Condemned. However that did nothing for me but eh. Probably the best you are gonna get.

Vampire the Masquerade : Bloodlines.

It's just for one bit in a haunted house, but it's so well done. The first time I played it, I had to shut it off and play again in daylight.

I've played Condemned, and really liked it... lol

DAMN THE BASTARDS FOR NOT PUTING THE SQUAL ON THE PC!!!!

F.E.A.R. had a good atmosphere and had a few good scares in it, it may be a little close to what you don't want but i do suggest you give it a go, just make sure it's the first one. If you want something interesting to play try Thief: Deadly shadows, whilst not scary most of the time it does make your heart beat when a guard is almost on top of you but doesn't see you, and there is a stage later on that the first time i played it i couldn't go near flickering lights for awhile.

the original Alone in the dark games weren't too bad, quite scary for their times. Condemned was very intense but like the OP said the sequel isn't on pc. I don't know if the fatal frame games are on pc, if they are get them.

Pr0 InSaNiTy:
the original Alone in the dark games weren't too bad, quite scary for their times. Condemned was very intense but like the OP said the sequel isn't on pc. I don't know if the fatal frame games are on pc, if they are get them.

nope not on PC but I've played Fatal Frame 1 on my PS2... honestly one of the best gaming experinces I've had in my entire life.

I would go with F.E.A.R - I dam near pissed my pants first time I played it.

System Shock 2.
/thread

I tried F.E.A.R. it never really seemed to be more then just shooting people then a ghost scean where all you get to do is walk around then shooting people again. It felt like they kept the horror and action sides seperated by a brick wall at all times. :( is the new one better?

Silent Hill has a few games on the PC. Thief: Deadly Shadows can be surprisingly scary, but that's only if you're interested in the rest of the game. Those are the only two titles that even mildly unnerved me.

TheMasterGL16:

Pr0 InSaNiTy:

nope not on PC but I've played Fatal Frame 1 on my PS2... honestly one of the best gaming experinces I've had in my entire life.

Oh man, when you hear a ghost moaning and you don't know where it is, it is truly terrifying.

TheMasterGL16:
I tried F.E.A.R. it never really seemed to be more then just shooting people then a ghost scean where all you get to do is walk around then shooting people again. It felt like they kept the horror and action sides seperated by a brick wall at all times. :( is the new one better?

In a word, No. In more than one word it took almost all of the things that made the first game good in that department and settled on more cheap scares.

STALKER.

Run around the woods at night when it's pitch black with headphones. Brix will be shat.

Oh my god, Fatal Frame.

You will not sleep.

Ever.

Pr0 InSaNiTy:

TheMasterGL16:

Pr0 InSaNiTy:

Oh man, when you hear a ghost moaning and you don't know where it is, it is truly terrifying.

Personally the controller shaking with her heart beat REALLY pulled me in, soooo freaked me out every time the thing started shaking.

Hello Kitty Online, that game scares the bejesus out of me.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl.

Also, listen to Blut Aus Nord - The Work Which Transforms God while playing it, and you will not get the game off of your mind until you beat it (the game).

I agree about Fatal Frame, excellent experience.

TheMasterGL16:

Pr0 InSaNiTy:

TheMasterGL16:

Pr0 InSaNiTy:

Personally the controller shaking with her heart beat REALLY pulled me in, soooo freaked me out every time the thing started shaking.

That and the detail of the ghosts. Remember the old lady with the broken neck?

ok, games I REALLY liked, were Alice, Condemned, and (I was SHOCKED by how much I liked this one) The Suffering.

EDIT: I know alice wasn't really that scary but there was something about how it corrupted and twisted the happy child hood charactures I grew up with that made it get under my skin.

TheMasterGL16:
Ok, I'm looking for a good Scary PC game. I want something SCARY, so no jumpy horror that doesn't freak me out. So if you say deadspace, or resident evil I'm gonna smack you.

cookie to the person who can give me good REAL horror game.

since you wont that im gonna say penumbra black plague

Gfan_00:
System Shock 2.
/thread

This, although one of the scariest levels that I've played in a game has to be Shalebrigde Cradle from Thief Deadly Shadows.

TheMasterGL16:
It felt like they kept the horror and action sides seperated by a brick wall at all times.

The disconnect was that every gamer knew Alma couldn't impede their progress or really hurt them in any way, so everytime she'd pop out it'd be more of a cutscene.
"Oh, hello again. I see that blood and crow thing is still working out for you. That's nice. Well, until next time. I'm going to go fight some things that can actualy kill me. See you in, say, 10 minutes?"

atol:

TheMasterGL16:
It felt like they kept the horror and action sides seperated by a brick wall at all times.

The disconnect was that every gamer knew Alma couldn't impede their progress or really hurt them in any way, so everytime she'd pop out it'd be more of a cutscene.
"Oh, hello again. I see that blood and crow thing is still working out for you. That's nice. Well, until next time. I'm going to go fight some things that can actualy kill me. See you in, say, 10 minutes?"

So true unfortunately, they just swapped it with a QTE in the second which is just as bad, if Alma could just randomly kill you sometime during the game it would have been better.

Penumbra: Black Plague.

Surprised that hasn't been said with the big PC written in the title.

Edit: (oh it has, just slipped by me eyes)

D4zZ:

what is that? like an FPS? what kind of game is it?

TheMasterGL16:

D4zZ:

Penubras are in FPS view but you use the mouse to pick things from the game environment up. It's mostly psychological horror with one or two monster things in it, but not much combat.

This video shows bits of how you use the mouse to interact with things better than I can explain.
This is the first one from 2006 so when it boasts about it's graphics remember that

Edit: lol at the flying bird thing in that video. Only played the second one and haven't seen that yet.

My friend had this creepy old game callec Nocturne set in 1920s-1930s USA with Capone and zombies. Lol :p

Gfan_00:
System Shock 2.
/thread

please don't do the /thread thing, its really quite annoying

anyway, i think fatal frame was rather scary

also, if you have a gamecube, try the game that turns your tv off and flickers your console and things, i can't remember what it was called, but it freaked me out

ToxinArrow:
STALKER.

Run around the woods at night when it's pitch black with headphones. Brix will be shat.

my heavily armed STALKER, exoskeleton equiped, able to take on everyone and everything.. i can hear those invisible critters nearby.. i scan the walkways. walk around the corner and bam one appears right in my face.. girly squeal and brix were shat.

nocturne was a good game as well.. i loved the zombie level, very night of the living dead.

i liked the first blair witch game actually. creepy and messes with your head

Call of Chtulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

D4zZ:

TheMasterGL16:

D4zZ:

Penubras are in FPS view but you use the mouse to pick things from the game environment up. It's mostly psychological horror with one or two monster things in it, but not much combat.

This video shows bits of how you use the mouse to interact with things better than I can explain.

This is the first one from 2006 so when it boasts about it's graphics remember that

damn that shizz looks spooky, if I had enough money to get a game I'd probably check that out

i think it was called the path.

real freaky

i know some others have said it, but Vampires the masquerade: bloodlines is really quite scary. especially late at night, in a dark room, with headphones.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked