Borderlands: Is there such a thing as the Ultimate weapon?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Now this may seem a bit late, if so I apologise for nothing. I shall attend to this later on after my sleep which is after I've hit post and book-marked it.

As my sleep deprived head was telling my hands what to post in other threads, I got to thinking. Is there actually a weapon in Borderlands that trumps everything, no matter what your characters weapon preference? A weapon that seems to wield the unholy power of Satan and can rip Badass creatures to pieces?

I am interested in your opinions on this matter, seeing as Borderlands has 16,000,000+ guns.
If you think you have found it, post up the stats and mods for it so we can judge and see if others agree with you.

Go.

I do not think there is one ultimate gun. All the different factors, such as character level, weapon proficiency, class mod, etc, can all make a gun stronger.

I would say yes because I've been using the same guns since I was level 30 and I've not found a single one that was better, I'm sure there just rarer but it's starting to get annoying.

so far, no gun that shoots shurikens and lightning, ergo no ultimate weapon!

The Hellfire SMG is pretty much the best gun in the game against human opponents.

It has x4 Fire damage, always igintes with every bullet and has a good fire rate.

It sucks against Spiderants though.

In terms of raw damage per shot, its probably Baron Flynt's RPG. But is it me, or are the shotguns in Borderlands really overpowered?

Depends on your level. For beginners, the TK Surfer is the best because you can easily see the bullets. The next one would have to be the Bone Crusher or whatever gun bonehead drops. I basically used those and advanced in crappy machine guns until i found a chest in Sledge's Hideout that contained the shotgun that shot rockets. It's description is seriously "Holy Crap! It Shoots Rockets!"
It was a good day.

T3h Camp3r T3rr0r1st:

wrong, shurikens and lightning may own, but it cant beat a gun that fires Trans-Dimensional Thermo-nuclear Shurikens and Lightning

fuck killing them today, kill them yestryday in nuclear fire. and do it in the most fucking awesome way ever. Nuclear Shurikens. hell, kill them in an entirely different parallel universe for good measure

Not sure, but I know for a fact it'll be a revolver when it's found. Revolvers are ungodly overpowered in that game.

I found an orange revolver (on first playthrough at level 25 no less) that, though it had only 2 shots per clip, had a fire rate of 1.6 (quite nice) and a reload time reduction of 60%, along with a nice high amount of damage: 275 or so (which is quite awesome at the lower levels). Oh, and I forgot to mention: It regenerated ammo.

Revolvers = pwnage

Well the ultimate gun would proably have the best everything. Best Damage,Best Reload Speed, Best Accuracy. If I had to hazard a guess,I would have to say that if it does exist then it's proably a Sniper Rifle.

toapat:

T3h Camp3r T3rr0r1st:

wrong, shurikens and lightning may own, but it cant beat a gun that fires Trans-Dimensional Thermo-nuclear Shurikens and Lightning

fuck killing them today, kill them yestryday in nuclear fire. and do it in the most fucking awesome way ever. Nuclear Shurikens. hell, kill them in an entirely different parallel universe for good measure

I have been bested by the best, I concede to your obvious superiority in makin' shit up

bravo

I don't think so. Simply because of the intricacies of the classes and skills, the enemy types and the class mods. I don't think there would be any one gun that is optimal for all situations.

Shadowhatchi:
I would say yes because I've been using the same guns since I was level 30 and I've not found a single one that was better, I'm sure there just rarer but it's starting to get annoying.

Weapon type/stats pl0x?

Remember: Pics, or it didn't happen.

Actually, the 101110 gun. It is binary for OMG.
The gun itself looks like a transparent dildo, but it has unlimited ammo, extreme damage, and some other stats.

GoldenCondor:
The gun itself looks like a transparent dildo, but it has unlimited ammo, extreme damage, and some other stats.

eh... 101110 is not binary for omg.

010011110100110101000111 would be binary for OMG.

Binary codewords for ascii are 8 bit, meaning a sequence of 8 ones and zeroes for each character. The easiest way to translate it is to first convert it into a hexadecimal number, and then find the ascii character associated with the hex code.

What weapon do people find effective against these:

Spiderants
Guardians

I find both tend to soak up a shitload of bullets on playthrough 2, leaving me with little or no ammo leftover for my next battle.

I have a x4 lightning SMG and it seems to do fuck all damage to the guardian shields.

T3h Camp3r T3rr0r1st:

toapat:

T3h Camp3r T3rr0r1st:

I have been bested by the best, I concede to your obvious superiority in makin' shit up

bravo

and to think i came up with that while half asleep

For Spiderants I use my shotgun from behind them because that's their weakpoint. As for gaurdians I find my eridian weapons work best.

I haven't seen a gun that shoots more guns shooting bombs so no.

GoldenCondor:

"Pictures, or it didnt happen"

But this does sound like quite the find. Really hope I get this.

T3h Camp3r T3rr0r1st:

I sure hope its on fire and has tits!

T3h Camp3r T3rr0r1st:

But there is a LIGHTNING REVOLVER

I thought it was awesome...

Leave me alone.

There's a lot of ultimate guns, it depends on the class and the level I'd say really.

Online I always find people who think they know better, and say highly intelligent things. Here's some quotes of wisdom I have found for your enjoyment from online Borderlands players, some of them 12 years old.

"Elemantal effects are worthless, the attack is always crap on them"

"The gun proficiency is useless, you get like faster reloading or whatever. Just powerlevel with people and you can get to 50, that's ALL that matters"

"Who'd use a pistol when there's bazookas anyone can use!"

"Soldiers ain't medics!! So I'm not fucking healing you n*****s"

"Hey guys, check out my awesome gun!" and he tosses it out for people to view only for some asshole to take and quit

House25:

GoldenCondor:

"Pictures, or it didnt happen"

How about VIDEO and it DID happen?

http://video.ign.com/dor/articles/931456/screwattack-the-armory/videos/screwattack_prt_BorderlandsCannon_103009.html

Maybe there is and maybe there isn't. You won't know till you get em all. Better start collecting!

miracleofsound:

Spiderants
Guardians

I find both tend to soak up a shitload of bullets on playthrough 2, leaving me with little or no ammo leftover for my next battle.

I have a x4 lightning SMG and it seems to do fuck all damage to the guardian shields.

You're most likely doing no damage as you aren't shooting their abdomen. They absorb ALLL damage in their heads, but the abdomen's weak against pretty much anything.

House25:

GoldenCondor:

"Pictures, or it didn't happen"

Honestly... the gun is quite crap. Once you start versing the Crimsons, put it away and stick with either static weapons or corrosive ones.
The OMG Cannon is really not all that good.
The recharge time is massive.
Sure it has unlimited ammo, but it only fires 4 shots before needing to recharge (which takes about 30 seconds, plenty of time for you to die).

Aby_Z:
Not sure, but I know for a fact it'll be a revolver when it's found. Revolvers are ungodly overpowered in that game.

I found an orange revolver (on first playthrough at level 25 no less) that, though it had only 2 shots per clip, had a fire rate of 1.6 (quite nice) and a reload time reduction of 60%, along with a nice high amount of damage: 275 or so (which is quite awesome at the lower levels). Oh, and I forgot to mention: It regenerated ammo.

Revolvers = pwnage

if your a pistol hunter, get The Dove, a great little pistol that never needs to reload, nor does it actually use ammo, a great back up weapon should you ever start to run out of ammo.

but as for the best weapons, it really depends for the profession, class, and then class mod, for example a friend has a soldier that will only use Atlas combat rifles, Atlas has good damage, clip size and fire rate without sacrificing accuracy.

I on the otherhand as a sniper hunter, use Jakobs rifles, after all, if it took more than one shot, you were not using a Jakobs.

but I think the alien weapons might be the better choices, let me say this, a rocket launcher that almost crits every time. The guy using it kept downing himself due to lack of iron or scope sight, and he was playing as Brick with the health skill tree.

so imagine what it could of done to anyone else in pvp...........

I find that a good machine gun is best for all situations, but I always have a kickass scattergun for backup. And shotguns are best against spiderants, and I've found that, surprise surprise, machine guns are best against guardians. Or electrical weapons.

If there was, it would sort of defeat the purpose of the game having multiple playthrough functionality.

miracleofsound:

Spiderants
Guardians

for the guardians lighting then any other weapon, they have amazing shields, but no defense.
for spiderants pretty much anything, I like shotguns or smgs, just got to get behind them and unload. also I am in play threw one so I dont know if that changes in +

There's an old man who spends his time in the tavern next door who claims he's seen it. I wouldn't believe a word he says though. The geezer's got a screw loose. you could talk to him, but I wouldn't advise it.

I've got a chimera revolver...pretty nice.

I have a revolver that recharges ammo faster then you ca nfire it and is more accurate then my sniper rifle...it's slightly weak, but I make it up with my X4 Corrosive 2 shot reolver that is mroe accurate then the previous revolver and has 47%+ reload speed.

DIE ! DIE ! DIE!

Still looking for guns though.

Kalezian:

Aby_Z:

Revolvers = pwnage

if your a pistol hunter, get The Dove, a great little pistol that never needs to reload, nor does it actually use ammo, a great back up weapon should you ever start to run out of ammo.

but as for the best weapons, it really depends for the profession, class, and then class mod, for example a friend has a soldier that will only use Atlas combat rifles, Atlas has good damage, clip size and fire rate without sacrificing accuracy.

I on the otherhand as a sniper hunter, use Jakobs rifles, after all, if it took more than one shot, you were not using a Jakobs.

but I think the alien weapons might be the better choices, let me say this, a rocket launcher that almost crits every time. The guy using it kept downing himself due to lack of iron or scope sight, and he was playing as Brick with the health skill tree.

so imagine what it could of done to anyone else in pvp...........

Oh, I know of the Dove. On my first playthrough as Soldier (now level 47) I found that and had fun simply shooting the walls for a while. He's more of a rifle guy, though. I've found that the perfect rifle has mods on it that reduce recoil and, preferable, has a scope. As of yet, the best rifles I've been getting are S&S types.

For the hunter, I think I've found that the main fighting should be done with a Revolver, while you should have a 'machine-pistol' (pistol with high fire rate, almost like a machine gun) as a secondary instead of an SMG or rifle. By having 2 main pistols, your proficiency in pistols goes up even higher, quicker.

With Snipers, the most important thing I've found was actually zoom. I found a nice sniper (no rarity, as in it was white, but placed above orange) that had the 'I've got you in my eye, sir' text in red. This gave it an insane zoom that, I believe, will allow me to see into my enemies' souls.

As for alien weapons, I haven't found much of a use for them. As soldier, I have a class mod that makes me regenerate ammo for all my weapons automatically, and I can't fire the alien weapons in succession too much. Maybe if I worked with them more, but it's quite a hassle to bring up proficiency when your first alien weapon found is quite late in the game.

After playing with the weapons for a while, and playing through the game, you come to figure out what's important or not. A gun that does more damage than the one you currently have equipped may not actually be better.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked