Left 4 Dead....With Dinosaurs?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Stanislav - The Aimless One:
Well maybe not L4D style.
Instead of trying to survive....how about, 4 player co-op DINOSAUR HUNTING?

You would have to work together to say: capture/kill a T-rex, equipping your team specificly for that job, so you wouldn't wan't to run into a pack of Raptor's (or whatever) while hunting something else.

Taking out a T-rex or something else big in open territory would require special tools and coordinated attacks.
While taking out a pack of raptors in the woods would have your team moving back-to-back to avoid being pounced, weilding shortrange weapons because of the trees.

Then there's nocturnal prey. Cave dwelling prey......

I think it could be great. Though it would have to be less hectic then L4D, less dino's that take more coordinated effort to take-down.

See MONSTER HUNTER.

:D

I support any kind of game that adds in dinosaurs for any reason.

yes but it would need 5 or 6 players

Left 4 Dinosaurs. Not bad ring.

SwmnNE1:
T-Rex = tank

Then what will spineosaurus be ?

Look that big daddy up.

Hmmmmm.

It comes down to this.

Are you more scared of hunrgy physcotic mutated freaks ?

Or are you more afraid of Hunrgy big crazy bat shit homocidal 2 foot clawed raptors ?

Either way. You die a horrible death !

UNKNOWNINCOGNITO:

SwmnNE1:
T-Rex = tank

Look that big daddy up.

I'm guessing you saw Jurassic Park 3, no?
Let me just remind you that Tyrannosaurus had a fair few tonnes on Spinosaurus, not to mention serrated teeth & bite force.

Only if its Zombie Dinosaurs.... In a museum.... with hot chicks.... and a sandwich

Jurassic Park already had a few games made. Most of 'em were awful.

DK412:
I wonder how it'd work, what would be the 'main' dinosaurs, and the 'special' dinosaurs. It's hard to categorise D:

raptars would probably the normal ones, then you get the T-REX, Tricerotops, compys(just as the annoying ancle biters) and i think for the big daddy a spinosaurus would do nicley, mabey to finish off with a baryonyx =)

Pararaptor:

UNKNOWNINCOGNITO:

SwmnNE1:
T-Rex = tank

Look that big daddy up.

Let me just remind you that Tyrannosaurus had a fair few tonnes on Spinosaurus, not to mention serrated teeth & bite force.

yeh and it died, because the spinosaurus broke it's neck, spinosaurus has always had an advantage because of its arms, it can garb the T-rex where as the T-rex cant even brush its teeth

FallenJellyDoughnut:

pinky75910:
Wait, is it dinosaurs or zombie dinosaurs?

ZINOSAURZ!

zombie dinosaurs? IT's RAPTOR JESUS!!!

This will be a landmark game. Final boss is Raptor Jesus who revived all the dinosaurs, to wreak havoc on the modern world.

arc1991:

Pararaptor:

UNKNOWNINCOGNITO:

SwmnNE1:
T-Rex = tank

Look that big daddy up.

yeh and it died, because the spinosaurus broke it's neck, spinosaurus has always had an advantage because of its arms, it can garb the T-rex where as the T-rex cant even brush its teeth

Arms that are designed to hook fish, not pull down seven tonnes of Dinosaur.

Realism mode would be a bitch, that's for sure.

It would be good if they changed up the weaponry. I can tell this is a satire thread, but still.

Only if the Charger is those weird ones with bone heads or w/e

I used to love dinosaurs.

Mrsnugglesworth:

Pachycephalosaurs.

Pararaptor:

Mrsnugglesworth:

Pachycephalosaurs.

Thank you.

Pararaptor:

UNKNOWNINCOGNITO:

SwmnNE1:
T-Rex = tank

Look that big daddy up.

So size isn't everything ?

Then which one could be more aggressive ?

UNKNOWNINCOGNITO:

Pararaptor:

UNKNOWNINCOGNITO:

SwmnNE1:
T-Rex = tank

Look that big daddy up.

So size isn't everything ?

Then which one could be more aggressive ?

Tyrannosaurus was bigger than Spinosaurus.

As for aggression, I couldn't tell you.

No. That doesn't make any sense at all. I... what would bring you to think of something like that?

Hmm... "Left 4 Dinosaurs".

I like it. It'd be like Turok ... only better.

Oh, and Versus Mode would be sweet. Think of playing as the T-Rex!

rabidmidget:
anything + dinosaurs = awesome

the formula doesn't lie

ahh but you forgot the zombie exclusion clause. the reall formula is anything+dinos+zombies=fail

Let me put it this way...i'd buy it lol

L4D? With dinosaurs?

I'll take 7.

Ph33nix:

rabidmidget:

the formula doesn't lie

ahh but you forgot the zombie exclusion clause. the reall formula is anything+dinos+zombies=fail

You're saying that zombie dinosaurs wouldn't be good?

It's like you hate fun.

Last of the Chinchillas:

Furburt:

Last of the Chinchillas:

Seriously, would anything be worse with dinosaurs?

Hospitals?

Scenario 1:
"John, you have cancer. It's terminal."

Scenario 2:
"John, you have cancer. It's terminal.", while the doctor is a fucking velociraptor.

At last, the origin of Jigsaw finally makes sense! He was driven to insanity by his velociraptor doctor!

xscoot:

Ph33nix:

rabidmidget:

the formula doesn't lie

It's like you hate fun.

no its Descartes exclusion principle.

descartes |^|

xscoot:

Ph33nix:

rabidmidget:

the formula doesn't lie

It's like you hate fun.

I'm more for nazi-zombie-dinosaurs actually. :P

Let me remind you that nothing you say is ever original. That being said, left 4 dead is another resident evil clone. Survival horror, but this time you get a four player co-op mode. Now shortly after resident evil was released, we got a game by the same guys called dino crisis. For all intensive purposes, this game WAS resident evil with dinosaurs.

Flash forward ten years later, and here we want to do the exact same thing with the left 4 dead franchise as what resident evil did earlier.

Why not bugs? Giant bugs make awesome enemies. It's only a matter of time before the invertibrates rise again!

Or we can do left 4 Orcs. Let's make them warhammer orcs just to be cool. Or we can do some 40k variations and get Left 4 tyranids and Left 4 Eldar.

We can be really twisted and make Left 4 Cthulu, but nobody can win that game.

FROGGEman2:

MilkyFresh:

FROGGEman2:
Sorry to rain on your parade, but dinosaurs really aren't all that awesome.

What you think = Giant reptile hunters. Coloured green, brown, red.

Reality = Giant flamboyent bird scavengers. Coloured pink and yellow.

So, more like a Chocobo than anything else. Laaaaaaaame.

Also, I had no idea that Pararaptor was such a dino-nerd!

What? Pretty sure we do not know what colour they were.

Pararaptor:

FROGGEman2:
Sorry to rain on your parade, but dinosaurs really aren't all that awesome.

What you think = Giant reptile hunters. Coloured green, brown, red.

Reality = Giant flamboyent bird scavengers. Coloured pink and yellow.

So, more like a Chocobo than anything else. Laaaaaaaame.

Giant Flamboyant Bird Scavengers? How in fuck is a Diplodicus a Giant Flamboyant Bird Scavenger?
Your point really only applies to select families of Maniraptorans, & what's more, like everyone, you have very little clue as to how they were coloured.

Alright, not all dinosaurs, but judging by the vocal chords and such (of select dinosaurs) we can assume they had bright colours.

It is all just hypothesis in the end, but we can safely say that they wouldn't be all that radically different from other feathered creatures.

Wut?

How is that logical?
OT: That'd be pretty cool. I demand that Para be put on the dev team to try and clear up any misconceptions about dinosaurs.

Zombie dinosaurs.

It could work. It'd be really hard though.

Last of the Chinchillas:

Scenario 1:
"John, you have cancer. It's terminal."

Scenario 2:
"John, you have cancer. It's terminal.", while the doctor is a fucking velociraptor.

Definitely the second. Especially if the veliciraptor was wearing a white coat and had a stethescope round it's next and also spoke in an educated tone. That would be awesome. though maybe a Troodon would be more the more likely candidate for a Doctor Dinosaur (also, a new tv series starting off in the new year). I think I heard they were quite intelligent.

On Topic:

You know that part in Jurrasic Park 3 where the kid has the t-rex pee?
"It scares the smaller ones away, but it atracts one big one"

That could be an item you carry! You summon a huge ass dinasoar, it kills all the zombies, but then you have to kill it when it's done.

Picture a hoard running towards you. You take out a little jug, and toss it at them.

Stomp.
"What was that?"
STOMP
"You didn't use the piss, did you?"
STOMP
"I told you to only use that in an emergency!"
ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked