Most Overrated Game

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Final Fantasy 7 it's overrated because

LeonHellsvite:

ayahtzeefan:
all JRPGs

That sure is being a hater as they are not all over rated, just FFVII.

He's right and this video proves his point http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkxR4p7P74Y

Assassin Xaero:
I never played IX, someone told me it was really childish, but VIII sucked. I've tried multiple times and can't get into it. It was just so slow and boring, and everything they did with the magic, summons, cards, limit breaks, etc. was just annoying.

That's why I put VIII relatively far down on the list; I hated the junction system too and I didn't think the story was all that special, either.

IX isn't childish at all, it just has a very different graphical style that doesn't attempt to be realistic, it just tries to establish a certain, specific look and feel for the game. Plus, the game mechanics are fantastic, the story is reminiscent of VII, and it's super deep in terms of rewarding side-quests.

Dr. Gorgenflex:
What do you guys think the most overrated game of all time is.

For me, it definitely has to be Modern Warfare 2. It had a short, stupid campaign, multiplayer that was a step backwards from CoD 4, and this game received a metascore of 94. The only thing they added was a co op mode which isn't even that good. The reviews of this game drive me to insanity because they state the major flaws and give it 10/10 anyways and people praise it.

Any valve game.
and FF

Modern Warfare 2. All of my friends are addicted to it, but it's nothing special to me.
The only redeeming quality in my opinion is the throwing knife.

FROGGEman2:
My automatic response is MW2, I got so excited and then... it was kinda... bad.

internetzealot1:
God of War series.

...Phrly?

Please elaborate.

Its good game, but I don't really understand what all the hype is about. I mean, its not like we've never seen hack n' slash games before.

Oh, and it butchers greek mythology.

Modern Warfare 2.

While agree it's a good game, thats all it is. Good.

My entire critique of this game consist's of "Good" and thats all it'll ever be.

Halo 3. Seriesly, i think its one of the mst overhyped games that has been released this game generation.

Final Fantasy (most of them), Call of Duty (most of them), Halo (whoopsie doo), Age of ... whatever.

halo its incredibly average

Crysis

The Halo series as a whole. ODST might be good because it at least has a decent looking story, but the time I fork over 60 bucks for an expansion pack with 4-hour campaign and multiplayer populated entirely by rabid fanboys is the time when the sun explodes.

oh definatly call-o-duty modern warfare 1 and 2. and Assassins Creed 1 and 2

I think most of it's popularity goes for the story line not the actual game play.

traceur_:
I really fucking hate the term "overrated", because everyone just uses it to mean "I don't like this", seriously, just because you don't like it doesn't change the fact that the majority does, so it's not overrated.

That said, I do not think that Tetris deserves the praise it gets, let alone the common title of "best game ever".

For once I agree with you.

The term 'overrated' cannot possibly work in relation to the concept of 'opinions'. What's even worse is how people on here actually judge each other based upon what games they like.

NeutralDrow:
Pong. Defintely.

I don't know, it was the first of its kind and was revolutionary and quite brilliant for the time period.

The game might be generic, but that doesn't change how much of a revolution it was.
Besides, most people I know praise Pong for being a revolution in the industry, not for being a great game.

Would have to be GTA 4 for my part. It never got my blood pumping like the old ones used to.

When I created this thread I think a lot of people misunderstood the term overrated. When I refer to this I mean that the game has received too much praise from reviewers and players then it deserves. This does not mean the game is bad, or that it was over hyped it just means it is over praised. There are a lot of games which have been given more praise than other, better games in the same genre. This is what the thread is about.

Only me that thinks L4D is a really really reeaally boring game?

Continuum:
and also Star Wars Force Unleashed.

TFU was not even rated highly...

I'd have to go with GTA4 and Modern Warfare 2. Co op is great, the campaign is great but very very short. The core of the game, the multiplayer simply sucks balls.

Left 4 Dead 2. Not impressed

Due to a post someone just posted on a Wii thread which made me laugh, I change my answer.

Aura Guardian:
Mario brought gaming back. So, yes. He's Jesus.

Dr. Gorgenflex:
When I created this thread I think a lot of people misunderstood the term overrated. When I refer to this I mean that the game has received too much praise from reviewers and players then it deserves. This does not mean the game is bad, or that it was over hyped it just means it is over praised. There are a lot of games which have been given more praise than other, better games in the same genre. This is what the thread is about.

In that case leet me adjust my previus statment.
I've heard about halo 3 everywere. In all the game websites and such and everywere they seem to mention that Halo 3 is a masterpiece that has been brought by the heavens.
I've played it and its noot bad. its a decent shooter but its not worth the praise it seems to geet. There are far more superior games out there like Bioshock or even Call of Cthulhu that i atleast think deserves the good things that i've heard about them.
(Sorry for bad spelling, but english is not my native language)

Dr. Gorgenflex:

Indeed, but most people on here don't pay much attention to what the threads are supposed to be about, not when they can rant/bitch/moan about something and get away with it.

almightywabbit:
Due to a post someone just posted on a Wii thread which made me laugh, I change my answer.

Aura Guardian:
Mario brought gaming back. So, yes. He's Jesus.

He is whether you like it or not. Why you posted this reply in this thread is beyond me.

gta San Andreas

Oooooocariiiiiiina of Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime! *sing*

Spore

the Call of Duty series,
most of the Final Fantasy series,
GTA4, though im starting to like it,
Prototype,
and Left 4 Dead...

EDIT: oh shit... Halo! most of all.

Shambl3s:

Continuum:
and also Star Wars Force Unleashed.

TFU was not even rated highly...

I'd have to go with GTA4 and Modern Warfare 2. Co op is great, the campaign is great but very very short. The core of the game, the multiplayer simply sucks balls.

Please dont take my words out of context. I beleive I said hyped and to stress that I even put it in italics. Seems it didn't work

Continuum:
Also in terms of over hyped it's still Halo and CoD...and also Star Wars Force Unleashed.

GuerrillaClock:
Videogames are overrated. All they do is train terrorists and murderers anyway.

Wow, that was one of the most ignorant things I have every heard.

garjian:
the Call of Duty series,
Prototype,
and Left 4 Dead...

Prototype is overrated? Since when, I keep hearing average things. P.S Left 4 Dead deserves it. Everything else is overrated.

MW2....no discussion.

*activates flame sheild*

theironbat46:

garjian:
the Call of Duty series,
Prototype,
and Left 4 Dead...

Prototype is overrated? Since when, I keep hearing average things. P.S Left 4 Dead deserves it. Everything else is overrated.

yeah, everyone on the less overpopulated forums im on seems to adore it, and everyone who hasnt yet played it really desperately wants it for some reason...
its a terrible game...

in fact, even you calling it average is over-rating it.

and i find Left4Dead incredibly boring and samey...

BillyShakes:
I agree. Call of Duty series. Hands down.

Series?

I think you'll find the first CoD wasn't actually open to that much hype, and it was very very good.

The Search Bar.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked