Poll: best armor in fallout 3?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

i ended up going for the winterized T51-b because by the point i got it (about level 18ish) i didn't really need to worry about DR so i went with looks. The Reily's rangers armour did me well in terms of DR when i did need it though.

Pre-War Business Wear and Confederate Hat with a Lever Rifle
You look like a southern plantation owning beast

Sexy Sleepwear. Haha, just kidding.

In all seriousness, I'm not very far in the story, but I've found the Combat armor to be the best of the armor I have.

Though I don't have Power Armor training yet...

Wasteland wanderer outfit, looks cool, lightweight for sneakyness and gives +1 to END and AGL. Combined with a bandana for +1 PER and you're pretty much uber SPECIALwise without messing about min maxing.

Other than that I always found it funny to wear the pre-war spring outfit, pre-war bonnet and attack people with the rolling pin.

While the T51-b has the best DR, the Chinese Stealth Armor is just more useful. That armor is how I got vengeance out of the Deathclaw Sanctuary on very hard.

Oh...and when I just feel like romping through the wasteland in proper badass form I always wear Eulogy Jones Suit. It has practically no DR but is the most awesome looking set of clothing in the game.

Reilly's Ranger's Armor. Not as good DR as power armor but it's lighter and much easier to maintain, and gives you some good stat upgrades.

Chinese Stealth Suit. Hands Down, End of Topic. Get that silenced machine gun from The Pitt and you've got God-Mode.

ummm tunnel snakes jacket

Charcharo:
And yet no one talked about that Enclave Hellfire Armour thing of total flaming death.

Hellfire was my favorite.

BrotherhoodOfSteel:

miracleofsound:
Ranger Battle Armour is my personal fave, I never take it off.

It's getting kinda smelly.

It might not have the highest damage stats, but I love the way it looks. Power armour makes my characters look fat.

Ranger Armor fan?

Yes!

IM NOT ALONE!

Hehe, that's ironic considering your username!

But yes... Ranger Armour gives you extra Action Points, an extra point of luck... it looks great on male and female characters and offers high protection... it's badass.

BrotherhoodOfSteel:

miracleofsound:

It might not have the highest damage stats, but I love the way it looks. Power armour makes my characters look fat.

Ranger Armor fan?

Yes!

IM NOT ALONE!

Yay I'm not alone either...
The power armor is cool and all... but my str is 10, int 10, and con 10 so I never worry about power armor cause the str bonus is useless to me

The DSM:
T-15b is the best stat wise.

I prefer the Tesla Armour cause its cooler and easier to repair.

Exactly. What is cooler than electricity built into a suit?

I rocked Vance's Armor for the majority of the game. Not because it's good but because it looked pretty sick on my character. If I know how to I'd post a screen shot.

T-51B

I never liked Brotherhood of Steel armor. Fallout 3 was easy enough on normal that you could go around in anything you wanted with very little trouble. But then again, I'm usually a sneaky type so it pays to wear light armor.

My personal fav is usually leather armor or the armored vault suit.

gmaverick019:

Frankydee:
I only played the game for a few days and beat the main storyline so the best armor I could get was that Brotherhood something-or-other armor prior to the end mission.

I'd have delved more into it but it was a rental and it sucked trying to play it over a PS3 controller. I'll have more of an opinion when I can get a PC version of it.

whats so bad about it over the ps3? i've dabbled in the game over all 3 things its on, and the pc has all the mod's and cheats you can mess with otherwise there isn't much of a difference

OT: the best armor is the vault 101 suit.period.

Well like I said it's not a matter of content or cheats or anything, I just found the PS3 controls really tedious. The game itself is fine (wonderful more or less).

T-51b Power Armour.
It has 50 DR.(or something around there)

Regulator's Duster (The trench coat looking jacket), a random Cowboy Hat I found, and Lincoln's Repeater make up my Wasteland Outfit. Psh who needs fancy powered armor and DR when you can look cool?

number2301:
Wasteland wanderer outfit, looks cool, lightweight for sneakyness and gives +1 to END and AGL. Combined with a bandana for +1 PER and you're pretty much uber SPECIALwise without messing about min maxing.

Other than that I always found it funny to wear the pre-war spring outfit, pre-war bonnet and attack people with the rolling pin.

yes but with invisibility you can walk up to an enemys face unoticed

besides have you never heard of the auto sneaky critical you get basically sends your enemy flying if you have hidden on your sneaky bastard meter

Really depends on your playstyle, I suppose. If you're the sneaky stealth type (like me), you'll want the Chinese Dragoon Armor.

More in-your-face types would want a more heavy-duty armor, of course...and then there's the power-suits, which are pretty fun. Like I said, there's no true 'best' suit of armor. But there is always a 'best' suit of armor for your play-style.

I always use the Chinese Stealth Armor, since if they don't see me and i come up behind them, its a one-hit kill.

Bigeyez:
Regulator's Duster (The trench coat looking jacket), a random Cowboy Hat I found, and Lincoln's Repeater make up my Wasteland Outfit. Psh who needs fancy powered armor and DR when you can look cool?

This as well, i sometimes randomly walk around in a full chinese jumpsuit and hat combo.

I made the mistake of stealing from someone in Megaton.
The result was being shot by every resident and being unable to escape, causing me to have to go back to leaving the Vault. :(

Anyway, that's all irrelevant as my PS3 is now on the blink! :( :(

Combat Armor.
It's good when repaired and TBH, I didn't really need anything else the whole game.

For Fighting: Winterized T51-b. High defense, near infinite HP.

For Sneaking: Chinese Stealth Suit. The reasons here are obvious.

Essentially, the loot of Anchorage is some of the best in the game.

The Chinese Stealth Suit is the best for sneaking, and my favorite combat one is the Winterized T-51b. However, my favorite armor in the game is the Prototype Medic Armor. Why? Because it talks.

Frankydee:

gmaverick019:

Frankydee:
I only played the game for a few days and beat the main storyline so the best armor I could get was that Brotherhood something-or-other armor prior to the end mission.

I'd have delved more into it but it was a rental and it sucked trying to play it over a PS3 controller. I'll have more of an opinion when I can get a PC version of it.

whats so bad about it over the ps3? i've dabbled in the game over all 3 things its on, and the pc has all the mod's and cheats you can mess with otherwise there isn't much of a difference

OT: the best armor is the vault 101 suit.period.

Well like I said it's not a matter of content or cheats or anything, I just found the PS3 controls really tedious. The game itself is fine (wonderful more or less).

i think i understand, overall i dont like the ps3 controller, the 360 controller fits my hands PERFECTLY, near airtight perfectly, so i love playing with that, the ps3 controller has the triggers going the wrong way, bad placement half the time, and the grips/handles are not human shaped at all, but i dont believe that is what you were necessarily going at, i can see to some degree why you might not have liked the ps3 experience with it

fallout 3 for the pc is probably mucho better for you

MorsePacific:
The T51-b has the highest DR rating in the game, so I'd go with that.

/thread

On the first response, too. Congratulations, sir.

The uber-armor you get from the Operation Anchorage vault.

Combine with Mr. Burke's hat and crazy hobo bears for maximum lulz.

Gifters fit with a pre war hat is my fav combo for trudging round the swamps of point lookout and for the rest what ever strikes my fancy at the time.

pope 1337:
there is an armor in fallout 3 that makes you invisible i personally think its the best but want everyones opinion as always

The Riley's Rangers combat armor is the best, it adds to most of your stats and it doesn't take away from anything like the T51-b takes away from END.(makes you run slower).

BrotherhoodOfSteel:

miracleofsound:

Ranger Armor fan?

Yes!

IM NOT ALONE!

Indeed, IT'S EPIC.
By the way, what the hell is the Wasteland Legend outfit?

Charcharo:
And yet no one talked about that Enclave Hellfire Armour thing of total flaming death.

This one is MY favorite. I don't care about the fire weapon nonsense, I just like the way it looks.

Are you stupid? T51-b.

Winterized T51-b, it got awesome protection, it cannot break so you dont have to mess around with repairing it and its white :]

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked