Dragon Age Origins Lost in Dreams (Help)

Right, during the Circle of Magi questline my character became under the thrall of a Sloth Demon. I went through the areas, killed all the demons on the outlying islands then went and 'saved' my party members, but I can't find them. I went to their respective islands and now my questlog just says "You have saved (x) from (y). Hopefully they have made it out of the Fade."

I can't find them, and the Sloth Demon is far too hard for my little dwarf warrior to beat solo. Any ideas?

You saved all three? Then they will appear during the cutscene with the Sloth Demon.

Or is that they aren't?

Mr. Grey:
You saved all three? Then they will appear during the cutscene with the Sloth Demon.

Or is that they aren't?

When I go to the Sloth Demon, I talk to him then say that I want to fight, then he just turns into an ogre and attacks me (Usually knocking me over 90% of the time) until I die.

That has to be a bug.
They should normally appear at your side when you face the sloth demon.

Just go try the demon. I thought he wasn't too hard on medium difficulty for me to take on.

It's great to see other people playing dwarfs too.
EDIT: Seeing you have a glitch in your game just turn difficulty down a bit and you'll do just fine.

MurderousToaster:

Mr. Grey:

Or is that they aren't?

When I go to the Sloth Demon, I talk to him then say that I want to fight, then he just turns into an ogre and attacks me (Usually knocking me over 90% of the time) until I die.

So they aren't showing up? You saved all three of them and they aren't showing up... Did you try reasoning with it? Maybe that's supposed to give them time to show up. It may be the choice of words you chose.

But I haven't had this problem, so I'm not entirely sure. Sounds like a bug to me.

Mr. Grey:

MurderousToaster:

Mr. Grey:

Or is that they aren't?

So they aren't showing up? You saved all three of them and they aren't showing up... Did you try reasoning with it? Maybe that's supposed to give them time to show up. It may be the choice of words you chose.

But I haven't had this problem, so I'm not entirely sure.

I had spoke to him a first time before I tried to kill him, and then I left (to get my party members) and came back then there's only three options "I think it is time for me to take you down." "I made no such agreement" "You should have guessed I would return to defeat you" and "I got lost. Could you return me to where I was?"

MurderousToaster:

Mr. Grey:

I had spoke to him a first time before I tried to kill him, and then I left (to get my party members) and came back then there's only three options "I think it is time for me to take you down." "I made no such agreement" "You should have guessed I would return to defeat you" and "I got lost. Could you return me to where I was?"

I went and saved them first before facing him. I wonder if that's what is wrong. The game may only recognize that you saved them if you didn't talk to him yet.

Mr. Grey:

MurderousToaster:

Mr. Grey:

I went and saved them first before facing him. I wonder if that's what is wrong. The game may only recognize that you saved them if you didn't talk to him yet.

Fantastic. That means my whole playthrough is screwed now. I'm stuck in a stupid level against a stupid boss because some dipshit fucked up the programming.

MurderousToaster:

Mr. Grey:

MurderousToaster:

Mr. Grey:

Fantastic. That means my whole playthrough is screwed now. I'm stuck in a stupid level against a stupid boss because some dipshit fucked up the programming.

Apparently they also never fixed the cache problem and that's why it slows down when you're loading. PC of course, I haven't heard of this problem with 360 or PS3.

And! Apparently they had to tone down the textures and never bothered to release the proper size of the textures. PC again.

So they really dropped the ball on this game.

I'd do what HoodedPunhist said, turn down the difficulty when facing it to beat it.

There are a lot of bugs in DAO and the wait for a patch is way to long.
Whenever I talk to Shale for example, 'it' goes back to it's statue mode and I end up stuck in some endless field of blue, with only me in it. Only way out is loading a save.
Very annoying if I accidentally click on him during the game.

Mr. Grey:

MurderousToaster:

Mr. Grey:

MurderousToaster:

Mr. Grey:

Apparently they also never fixed the cache problem and that's why it slows down when you're loading. PC of course, I haven't heard of this problem with 360 or PS3.

And! Apparently they had to tone down the textures and never bothered to release the proper size of the textures. PC again.

I'd do what HoodedPunhist said, turn down the difficulty when facing it to beat it.

I'm on the 360 version and it slows down while loading too, also the textures aren't great (you can clearly see where one melds into another).

Well, I have to start a new playthrough as (even with the difficulty turned down) I still can't beat him. I'm low on healing poultices and I think I picked a really bad way to go for soloing stuff. Meh. At least there's multiple origin stories so stuff won't be too repetitive.

MurderousToaster:

Mr. Grey:

MurderousToaster:

I'm on the 360 version and it slows down while loading too, also the textures aren't great (you can clearly see where one melds into another).

Well, I have to start a new playthrough as (even with the difficulty turned down) I still can't beat him. I'm low on healing poultices and I think I picked a really bad way to go for soloing stuff. Meh. At least there's multiple origin stories so stuff won't be too repetitive.

Well that really is a shame... I don't know why they don't just fix this, money can't possibly be an issue for BioWare of all companies. I mean, business wise, yeah I see their point... but I remember a time when a man sold a faulty product and never repaired it you could bet a lynch mob would be at his doorstep and the police there to help the rioters.

I wish you the best of luck on this new playthrough though.

Did you use those lyrium veins near the demon? They should give you some health back. They also do recharge. Also use different forms that you have learned. Without them it's almost impossible to win.

Jovlo:
Whenever I talk to Shale for example, 'it' goes back to it's statue mode and I end up stuck in some endless field of blue, with only me in it. Only way out is loading a save.

Now that's just odd... When did that start up?

HoodedPunhist:
Did you use those lyrium veins near the demon? They should give you some health back. They also do recharge. Also use different forms that you have learned. Without them it's almost impossible to win.

So that's what they do? That'll come in handy. I didn't know they did anything.

Well, for me they don't do anything. I click to use them and there's a little groan and my guy says something. Maybe because I'm a dwarf.

MurderousToaster:

HoodedPunhist:

They also give mana back but seing you're a dwarf I didn't mention it since dwarfs *sigh* cannot use mana based spells.

Also I noticed interesting part from dragon age wiki regarding the sloth demon fight:
"Note: If the Warden's relationship with the various companions is low enough, or they use certain dialogue options with Sloth, it is entirely possible that he finds himself facing the demon alone despite having rescued his companions. Be wary of angering one's allies. "
You do have good relations with your comrades right? Not including Sten of course, hes just a regular a-hole.

MurderousToaster:

HoodedPunhist:

Well, for me they don't do anything. I click to use them and there's a little groan and my guy says something. Maybe because I'm a dwarf.

Read somewhere that the lyrium veins don't work for Dwarves. So I guess that confirms that.

MurderousToaster:

HoodedPunhist:

Yep Lyrium doesn't affect dwarves, you might be screwed. That's terrible since I just finished that part of the game myself [second playthrough and as a mage] and I know what a pain in the ass it can be

Mr. Grey:

Jovlo:

It started the second time I ever was in the camp-site with Shale. I can't talk to "it", can only improve it's approval through presents and choices I make with it in my party.
I've searched around the web and I'm not the only one with this problem.
I'll try reinstalling the DLC on my next play-through, that might help.

Shale related spoiler:

Mr. Grey:

MurderousToaster:

HoodedPunhist:

Read somewhere that the lyrium veins don't work for Dwarves. So I guess that confirms that.

Oh damn. Forgot that part. Dwarfs indeed cannot use those (remembered back to my 2nd playthrough on elf, sorry!).

Jovlo:

Mr. Grey:

Jovlo:

It started the second time I ever was in the camp-site with Shale. I can't talk to "it", can only improve it's approval through presents and choices I make with it in my party.
I've searched around the web and I'm not the only one with this problem.
I'll try reinstalling the DLC on my next play-through, that might help.

Shale related spoiler:

I like the logic in that spoiler.

And here's hoping that the reinstalling works.

HoodedPunhist:

MurderousToaster:

HoodedPunhist:

They also give mana back but seing you're a dwarf I didn't mention it since dwarfs *sigh* cannot use mana based spells.

Also I noticed interesting part from dragon age wiki regarding the sloth demon fight:
"Note: If the Warden's relationship with the various companions is low enough, or they use certain dialogue options with Sloth, it is entirely possible that he finds himself facing the demon alone despite having rescued his companions. Be wary of angering one's allies. "
You do have good relations with your comrades right? Not including Sten of course, hes just a regular a-hole.

Somewhere around the middle. I had Wynne, Alistair and George (My Mabari) with me. So I couldn't do anything to anger Wynne, Alistair was positive with me and my Mabari was at full.

If you'll start another playthrough, at least try and make multiple savegames every once in a while. There can be plenty more bugs where that came from.

MurderousToaster:

HoodedPunhist:

MurderousToaster:

HoodedPunhist:

Somewhere around the middle. I had Wynne, Alistair and George (My Mabari) with me. So I couldn't do anything to anger Wynne, Alistair was positive with me and my Mabari was at full.

Then it indeed is a bug/glitch or whatever you want to call it. I guess it is another playthrough then if you want to complete the game. Also do was silasbufu said: multiple gamesaves. And perhaps not talking to the sloth demon before going to confront him :).

Go to the island in the middle.

edit: Uh, well. When was your last save? Maybe you can go back and do the nightmares again.

well, thats obviously a glitch in my personal choice for worst part of the game. ive tried where the Wynne dialogue resetted so i had to beat the dead mages again, and having to speak to alistair twice after saving him.

i hate Sloth...

silasbufu:
If you'll start another playthrough, at least try and make multiple savegames every once in a while. There can be plenty more bugs where that came from.

Quite right, you should ALWAYS have multiple saves on games. ESPECIALLY Bioware games :-) I never over write a game save at the beginning of an area like 'the circle', A) because it is lengthy and B) I don't like the idea of getting myself stuck in an area I can't beat because of either a glitch or because I wasn't prepared enough.

They won't be at your side unless you helped save them.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked