Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 . . . 851 NEXT

I'm trying to remember an old (1990-ish) 2D game for PC. It wasn't one of the more well-known or popular games; I think I got it via download or on a 3/5" diskette (or maybe even a 5" floppy disk).

To begin the game, you chose attributes for your character (I think). In the opening scene, you learned that your home had been burned to the ground, so you set off from there. In each town, there were stores where you could buy/sell armor, weapons, magic spells, etc. As you left the town borders, you encountered enemies to fight. I believe that everything was in overhead view, until you checked your inventory or entered a store; then you got more detailed views of the items you had or could buy. If I recall correctly, each stage of the game required you to go to another town where the available armor, weapons, and spells were more powerful. You could also find (and sometimes buy) larger packs to hold your inventory.

It's been so long since I've played this game, I really hope I'm not scrambling 5 or 6 games together in my memory. Any idea what game I'm referring to?

Yeah thanks but i definetly remember it being like a third person view, and the graphics where lego-ish and i played it on the pc, sorry for not giving this information

I'm looking for an old computer game. It was a real time role playing game . It involved priest of light, gambeling and trying to bet it before a plague set it. The game to gable on was like gomoku. If I remember it was mid-late 90's. you also got to use swords and guns.

Alright, there was this game i used to play when i was little, and i can't remember much about it other than i think you're at this school, I think i remember some nursery Rhymes as well as you playing marbles, I know more happened, but i LOVED that game. >_< Also it was a PC game

BarbMpls:
I'm trying to remember an old (1990-ish) 2D game for PC. It wasn't one of the more well-known or popular games; I think I got it via download or on a 3/5" diskette (or maybe even a 5" floppy disk).

To begin the game, you chose attributes for your character (I think). In the opening scene, you learned that your home had been burned to the ground, so you set off from there. In each town, there were stores where you could buy/sell armor, weapons, magic spells, etc. As you left the town borders, you encountered enemies to fight. I believe that everything was in overhead view, until you checked your inventory or entered a store; then you got more detailed views of the items you had or could buy. If I recall correctly, each stage of the game required you to go to another town where the available armor, weapons, and spells were more powerful. You could also find (and sometimes buy) larger packs to hold your inventory.

It's been so long since I've played this game, I really hope I'm not scrambling 5 or 6 games together in my memory. Any idea what game I'm referring to?

Castle of the Winds?

sakran:
ok my first post is a game i spent over 2 months trying to remember....it's ps2 game i think and was made by french developers...it was about group of people in a house or a room and they get killed one by one time by time and u have to figure something out ...that's all i can remember

Not totally sure but could it be The Ship? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ship_(video_game)

Onion Rogue:
If anyone knows this please tell me! :3 I don't remember much of it but I played it on a computer when I was little. When you started the game a blue guy comes from the background and pretty stupid music starts playing :D It was a point and click game. Like when you click some object on the screen something grazy happens. For example clicking a shower curtain there is a screaming guy taking a bath or something like that :D Please reply

I think that could be Fine Artist, or Creative Writer. The blue guy with the silly music fits, and I'm almost certain that I remember a shower curtain-related scream.

Ok I really want to figure out the name of this game. All I remember was that it was definitely for PSX, and that it was a RPG, with a turn-based battle system. Also, your characters had the power to turn into powerful angel-like people. This is all I can remember....Sorry if it isn't enough info...

There was a game I used to play (probably sometime between 1988 and 1992) for either Commodore 64, Apple II, DOS, or a different system. Essentially, you are a scuba diver with a speargun or something like that and you have to shoot a bunch of sea creatures. I think each level had a different creature and they would get progressively smaller and faster--sharks were early on, then eels or sea snakes later. The gameplay was simplistic. The screen was fixed and you moved up/down/left/right in the water, turning to shoot creatures as they came across the screen.

Anybody know what this is?

I don't think it is any of these: http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/scuba-diving-snorkeling-games/offset,75/so,1d/

pidgerii:

Jones12:
Ok, I've been searching for a game on and off for a few years now. Its an old school game, I believe it was for the Sega Genesis, but, it may be for NES or SNES. Anyways, there's only a couple things I can remember about the game. It had a RPG style to it. There was an overworld or world map, much like in Final Fantasy. But, (although I don't remember exactly), I'm pretty sure the world map was the only "top-down" view, I think each location had a side scroll view to it. Actually, now that I think about it, I'd say it's like a cross between Final Fantasy and Zelda II, though somewhat more modern, because I believe there was a gun for a weapon. I know there was at least some sort of technology in the game. The last thing I remember is one specific location. When you went to it, it had the side scroll view, and there was like this lake of lava. I remember you couldn't pass this area unless you had some type of suit or armor. Though I can't remember if you had to buy it at a shop or if you had to get it in some other manner.
I do believe at some point, either in a sort of help or system message, or from one of the NPC's, you were told what you needed in order to get through the lava; possibly a sign you had to read.

Any ideas?

it's very reminiscent of Sword of Vermillion on the Genesis/Megadrive. That was an rpg with shifting viewpoints

Hm, that's not it. From what I remember, the game didn't really have a shifting viewpoint. I believe it may have been the only "location" that showed up as a side-scroller type view, but then thats really the only part of the game I rememember :P.

Hey,

Maybe anyone will remember this game from around 1994-1998 (I think):
It was a space travel adventure game of sorts. I don't recall any space combat. You would go to space stations to trade. The interior of space stations was prerendered 3d (animated, seemed to be very well done for that time) and very funky/cheesy futuristic look. I recall a space-supermarket as well.

Cheers

WorldCritic:
An RTS for the PC that was released around eight years ago. I don't remember much, just that you controlled a mideval army and attacked forts and castles. And I know, with that vague a description I will never figure out what it was.

I think this might be Settlers.

I played this game a long time ago. It's medievil times, you controlled a Hero, you could hire mercenaries, and go on a quest to kill neutral monster. Dragons, boars, mercenaries.
I vaguely remember you had an inventory like the ones in Warcraft, the six slot ones. I've been thinking Age of Empires, but you don't build structures.
You could level up.
If you struggled with a monster, and got more mercenaries or whatever the monster grew stronger depending on your current "army". It's about 10 years old.

GreenSquirrel:

An00bis:

An00bis:

I remember the same game as well! I liked it a LOT! all I can remember is that some gates were locked and you needed keys, bats usually waited on the ground or on ceilings and jumped at you, damaging you (I think a heartbeat sound played at that moment) if you didn't shoot them (they used to scare me a lot) and you had lots of weapons, futuristic weapons, like plasma guns and other stuff. It was 2D if I recall correctly. It was either on PS1 or PC. Very old, it was at least from the 90s or older. The atmosphere of the game was pretty gloomy. I also googled and found that it might have been a metroid game but I doubt it, just like you said, the game had gates that required keys and the game also had like... 9, 10 or 11 weapons if I recall correctly. The weapon list were shown at the top or at the bottom of the screen, I forgot where exactly.
I registered just to tell you this, I've tried to remember it for years and it really pains me not remembering the name!

I haven't found a single thing on the internet, searched everything bout games related to "bats" or "plasma weapons" on websites like giantbomb but I haven't found anything except stuff about Metroid games but I don't think it was a metroid game... I'm 100% sure it was 2D (or at least 3D in a 2D perspective like Trine) and you had to look around for keys to open doors, and the game also had a pretty gloomy atmosphere, It used to scare me a little when I was younger. The game also had pretty immersive sound effects, I still remember the bats because they were scary as fuck, they flew in your face and when you got damaged a loud heartbeat sound played I think.

Not positive, but could it be Heart of Darkness for the PS1 (a boy and his dog are the main protagonists)?

Thanks but I don't think this was its name, I'm pretty sure it had a futuristic setting, somewhere on a ship or something, it had room of metal and gates that required keys, the atmosphere was gloomy not colorful and you didn't have spells, just guns, this was the reason why I liked it so much, It was like ut2004 or something, lots lots of guns like 10 or something and every gun was different but I can't remember anything besides the fact that they were plasma guns or laser guns, I think one of them shot lightning as well? The game you mentioned does look nice, almost made me feel bad I didn't play it, it's similar to my game but I'm pretty sure it's not it.

Alright, so there's this PC game from the 90s that I used to play alot. It was sci-fic and I believe it was a "vertical shooter" since I remember the screen scrolling vertically and you're looking at the ship as if you were above it. All I remember clearly from the game was that it could be played as Single Player or a Two Player, and if you beat the game the first time around the ship for first player would turn into a carrot and you fire stuff that looked like bananas. There were power-ups, I believe, and there was this level that had... tree dragons? Each level had two acts I think (kinda like some Sonic the Hedgehog games) and at the end of the second act you fight a boss. I hope that someone can help me find it.

Kurisuta:
Alright, so there's this PC game from the 90s that I used to play alot. It was sci-fic and I believe it was a "vertical shooter" since I remember the screen scrolling vertically and you're looking at the ship as if you were above it. All I remember clearly from the game was that it could be played as Single Player or a Two Player, and if you beat the game the first time around the ship for first player would turn into a carrot and you fire stuff that looked like bananas. There were power-ups, I believe, and there was this level that had... tree dragons? Each level had two acts I think (kinda like some Sonic the Hedgehog games) and at the end of the second act you fight a boss. I hope that someone can help me find it.

Tyrian (one of my favourite shooters of all time)

Even better it is now been released for free at the OpenTyrian project.

theres two games i played when i was real little like 1994+ on pc
1. was real "girly" i guess you could say you went thru the world and did all these activities the one i remember was set in like this little town looked like something you'd see from a movie with kings and queens and such and you could make cupcakes for one of the activities for some fair or something

the second was kind of a learning game again a little bit "girly" the one part you'd go to the beach in a station wagon and there was this crab that would talk to you and he'd tell you to get what you'd need for the beach out of the back of the car and youd have to pick like a towel and umbrella buckets and stuff and while at the beach you could build a sand castle and stuff with this little hermit crab dude

i know super vague but i was like 4 yrs old

i have a not so old game which i played on the original x-box, i cant remember the name but it was a platformer where you played as a tribal with a horned helmet, kinda like the one the dragon born has but made of leather, he was a small little boy who lost his father in the beginning, and he had to go save him.

the first level was kinda like a canyon, and then the second world was a robotic place filled with robots. and the boss in the first world was the grim reaper, no idea if he was called that but he certainly looked like the grim reaper.

that's all i remember of the game, i thought it was tak and the power of juju at first but it turned out to not be that.

thanks in advance.

bellaxbrii:
theres two games i played when i was real little like 1994+ on pc
1. was real "girly" i guess you could say you went thru the world and did all these activities the one i remember was set in like this little town looked like something you'd see from a movie with kings and queens and such and you could make cupcakes for one of the activities for some fair or something

the second was kind of a learning game again a little bit "girly" the one part you'd go to the beach in a station wagon and there was this crab that would talk to you and he'd tell you to get what you'd need for the beach out of the back of the car and youd have to pick like a towel and umbrella buckets and stuff and while at the beach you could build a sand castle and stuff with this little hermit crab dude

i know super vague but i was like 4 yrs old

The second one sounds kinda like Microsoft Scolastic The Magic School Bus: Explores the Ocean.

there was a strategy game i used to play, it was kinda futuristic
there was only one type of resource, gathered by truck-like-harvest machines
the resource was some sort of plan that grew in a circle radius
and i only remember some units, like a motorcycle, or a car (looked a lot like a racing car, but small, like 1 seated)
and some non offensive troops that could take over enemy buildings
and a larger human (sort of cyborg) with one arm as a shooting device

I remember this one game, i have been looking for months and just cant seem to remember the name of it...

It was a flash game and what you would have to do is click on a part of the car and it would blow up... then there is targets in the air and you would try and hit the targets in one go. I remember it looking like a halo car on a beach or something but if not im not sure :P link to a youtube vid or something would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Iurov Alex:
and i only remember some units, like a motorcycle, or a car (looked a lot like a racing car, but small, like 1 seated)

Not sure but could this be Dune? if not maybe Command & Conquer although the resources are not in circles

Can someone please help me? :'c

I've been searching a lot... for this game I played maybe between 2000-2007 and I really can't find it... and I really want to...
I think it is a platform game that has 3 characters a fighter(?), a mage and an archer i think... I'm sure it has a mage though... I played with him. In the beginning we were in a forest and there was a shop on a tree (i guess) and the mage was little and wore blue clothes and hat and after the forest as the game goes on we are in a dungeon i guess with bats (they're enemies), and there's water and I think we have to catch gems and all that. I think the game really resembles Trine but the image is different. I've searched everywhere pls help me (:

PS: I was little so I think me and my uncle used to call the game of the dwarfs or something like that because they were little or something... Oh!! and the game as a very soft music i think and beautiful lights~

Another game I vaguely remember playing back in the early 90s (sadly, the information isn't much, so I don't have much hope of finding it). It was on Windows 95.

From what I recall, you played a guy with a dog, and I remember having to move from a building to - I *think* - a freight train and running across the top. I thought it was some kind of Tintin game, but when I looked it up, it wasn't. The graphics were pretty simple (I remember very colourful), and I'm pretty sure you needed to find something.

An00bis:
Thanks but I don't think this was its name, I'm pretty sure it had a futuristic setting, somewhere on a ship or something, it had room of metal and gates that required keys, the atmosphere was gloomy not colorful and you didn't have spells, just guns, this was the reason why I liked it so much, It was like ut2004 or something, lots lots of guns like 10 or something and every gun was different but I can't remember anything besides the fact that they were plasma guns or laser guns, I think one of them shot lightning as well? The game you mentioned does look nice, almost made me feel bad I didn't play it, it's similar to my game but I'm pretty sure it's not it.

That sounds like it could be the PC game Abuse, but the 'PS1' part doesn't fit. Still, that would be my best guess.

asdronin:

Iurov Alex:

Not sure but could this be Dune? if not maybe Command & Conquer although the resources are not in circles

nope :( the graphics were better than dune (it could be a game appeared in 2000+ but i can't even remember when i've played it)

there has been a game i have been dying to remember but cannot! i'm pretty sure it was a series, because i remember picking out the "new" ones at the computer game store. so it's for pc in the 90s. aimed to preschoolers. i dont think there was any plot except to make the center statue in the main menu that looked like a city colored by completing very basic tasks. i remember there was a recycling part where you have to correctly recycle certain objects. or later at the "circus" there is an elephant card game i think? at another point you got to make a terrarium for a lizard and change dirt types and lizard types. any ideas would be helpful, thanks!

Hi. I am looking for an arcade game, that my wife played as a kid. I thing it was s fixed shooter. She remembers fighting Dracula-like boss, which shoot eggs that hatched bats if not destroyed quickly. There was also a bonus stage that seemed to have place in heaven, there were three clouds and player was ment to jump from one to another and catch prizes falling down from above.

about year 1995 there was a game i used to play in playstation console. thr main character has red hair and thr gameplay is like super mario bros where you have to step on the enemy to kill them.

along the road you can get egg that will follow you around and you can collect up to three. those egg can help to step the enemy. but if you knocked by the enemy, the eggs will be scattered and you have to chase them around or they could die fall of the cliff or something.

besides that you need to collect the stars too. at the end of the level, the stars can be shared to the eggs and when they have get enough stars, they can hatch to some animals depend on the egg colors.

i remember there is a boss level with tractor form. the graphic is in 2D. and you just walk horizontally like super mario bros or megaman. does anyone know the title please?i

Iurov Alex:

Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun I bet.

Hello, I'm hoping someone on here can help me. I've been thinking about this game for a while but I don't remember what it's called or what console it was on (I'm thinking Snes, PS1 or PS2) The only thing I remember about this game is that the main character used a gun (I think) and when you got a new one you could use the old one to upgrade the new one to make it stronger and/or more features (I believe you could also find parts around the world as well). Also I remember a side quest involving collecting insects (maybe just Beetles) and some were stronger than others to use in Fights against other computer opponents insects/Beetles...Sorry, I know this isn't much help, I know it's not very old (made in the last 10 years) I appreciate any help.

Mike Ringl:

Iurov Alex:

Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun I bet.

:D :D yaaay
thanks a lot :D

ChiCookieMonsta:
Can someone please help me? :'c

I've been searching a lot... for this game I played maybe between 2000-2007 and I really can't find it... and I really want to...
I think it is a platform game that has 3 characters a fighter(?), a mage and an archer i think... I'm sure it has a mage though... I played with him. In the beginning we were in a forest and there was a shop on a tree (i guess) and the mage was little and wore blue clothes and hat and after the forest as the game goes on we are in a dungeon i guess with bats (they're enemies), and there's water and I think we have to catch gems and all that. I think the game really resembles Trine but the image is different. I've searched everywhere pls help me (:

PS: I was little so I think me and my uncle used to call the game of the dwarfs or something like that because they were little or something... Oh!! and the game as a very soft music i think and beautiful lights~

Could it be Gauntlet Dark Legacy or Guantlet Seven Sorrows?

makatk:

well its not rampage cuz i played alot of rampage , the game am talking about i played when i was very young , and i couldn't get past the fist stage and after that i just gave it up or traded it, i don't really remember ,
its definitively snes or sega , anyways ty , i might be delusional or something its 15 years ago.

Dino City? Primal Rage? We're Back!?

maverikou:
Hey,

Maybe anyone will remember this game from around 1994-1998 (I think):
It was a space travel adventure game of sorts. I don't recall any space combat. You would go to space stations to trade. The interior of space stations was prerendered 3d (animated, seemed to be very well done for that time) and very funky/cheesy futuristic look. I recall a space-supermarket as well.

Cheers

Wing Commander?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 . . . 851 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook