Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 . . . 829 NEXT

Tom Eggett:
Hey there I'm having trouble trying to recognize what games these images are from.

All help is much appreciated.

1. http://i.imgur.com/CJzGAyH.jpg - Apparently this one has a "remake".
2. http://i.imgur.com/K4LhzE0.jpg
3. http://i.imgur.com/QHg4wJq.jpg
4. http://i.imgur.com/MNzb4dC.jpg
5. http://i.imgur.com/C5QMV7D.jpg - This one is apparently from the first cut scene.

These are all from different games.

(Number 3 is LocoRoco 2, number 1 is Syndicate & i found out number 5 is God of War 3)

Is this some kind of competition?

Eh, whatever. Syndicate, Jedi Knight 2, Loco Roco 2, Baldurs Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal, and apparently God of War 3.

Planeforger:

Tom Eggett:
Hey there I'm having trouble trying to recognize what games these images are from.

5. http://i.imgur.com/C5QMV7D.jpg - This one is apparently from the first cut scene.

(Number 3 is LocoRoco 2, number 1 is Syndicate & i found out number 5 is God of War 3)

Eh, whatever. Syndicate, Jedi Knight 2, Loco Roco 2, Baldurs Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal, and apparently God of War 3.

It's a quiz and you were right about all of them apart from number 4
Thank you.

i found it!! it was called croc!! omg im so happy lol

Tom Eggett:

Planeforger:

Tom Eggett:

Thank you.

No problem. And I wasn't wrong about number 4 - that's the pocket plane from Baldurs Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal. :P

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/image.php?image=images/screens/meeting-sarevokL.jpg

I'm pretty sure that area was only in the expansion pack, and not in BG2: Shadows of Amn.

Martin Hites:
Guy I used to play a game where you would build a tank and it was found on miniclip. You could paint it, choose the chassis, buy items and has items like the claw, flamethrower, laserguns, etc. It was 3d and has leaderboards too. Its not there anymore I think :l.

I think the game you're looking for is called Robot Rage. You're right, it is down on Miniclip, but it's available on other sites.

CoffeeJack:

Martin Hites:
Guy I used to play a game where you would build a tank and it was found on miniclip. You could paint it, choose the chassis, buy items and has items like the claw, flamethrower, laserguns, etc. It was 3d and has leaderboards too. Its not there anymore I think :l.

I think the game you're looking for is called Robot Rage. You're right, it is down on Miniclip, but it's available on other sites.

Planeforger:

Tom Eggett:

Planeforger:

Thank you.

No problem. And I wasn't wrong about number 4 - that's the pocket plane from Baldurs Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal. :P

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/image.php?image=images/screens/meeting-sarevokL.jpg

I'm pretty sure that area was only in the expansion pack, and not in BG2: Shadows of Amn.

It seems you are right, thank you again. :)

valio_3:
Hi guys !! Need help for a game i`m looking about a week now. I used to play it before 14-16 years it was NES compatible but my video game was called "Terminator" so that game has some sort of a white ninja you play with.You have 4 levels one mine where you ride a rail car and you have mud or rock boss at the end.One forest where you have to hit flowers so you wont die and on the top there is a woman with a sword.Third level in witch you have to save some firemen i believe in some burning plane or ship and fourth level where were a lot of moving floors.After that i think you unlock next level where you have to jump on two walls for a long time before you see another boss.
Hope you know the game`s name tnx :)

It's Zen: Intergalactic Ninja for the NES. Great game, btw.

Karl Whitfield:
1. Witch and/or Wizard Sidescrolling game. I seem to remember it being outside, walking through woods e.t.c at nighttime and jumping to collect little things that i guess gained points or magic. VERY vague i know :(

That' a stretch... Warlock, perhaps?

Found this thread via google, made an account just to see if anyone can help me out. This one will probably be very difficult but, hey, at least I tried...

I am trying to find the title of an old rpg for pc with both manual sword swing and shield block set in an isometric medieval environment of which the demo (only thing I played back then - around 2000, perhaps?) started in a town of wooden buildings where you fought along a street and at the end entered a tunnel into what were probably the sewer system.

That's it! It is not much to go on... but it's all that I remember...

Anyone?

Hi. I'm need help finding the name of an Windows XP demo game. Back in 2002, I played a game that lets you control a cannon. Your objective is to destroy the enemies cannons (Placed around the island) and conquer them.
The setting: Is on a Island.

Please help. ><

ixael:
Found this thread via google, made an account just to see if anyone can help me out. This one will probably be very difficult but, hey, at least I tried...

I am trying to find the title of an old rpg for pc with both manual sword swing and shield block set in an isometric medieval environment of which the demo (only thing I played back then - around 2000, perhaps?) started in a town of wooden buildings where you fought along a street and at the end entered a tunnel into what were probably the sewer system.

Anyone?

Perhaps you're talking about Revenant? I don't remember any shields in the game, though...

z3tzilla:

ixael:

Anyone?

Perhaps you're talking about Revenant? I don't remember any shields in the game, though...

No, I don't think it is... the look I remember is more akin to Planescape Torment, though as I recall the hero was pretty much an average human.

It might be older than 2000 I am not really sure, but the way I remember the isometric graphics were really polished and the animations smooth... much more than anything else I played at the time, which is why I have been trying to find it over the past few years.

It may be that it had the word Dragon in the name. For quite some time I thought it might have been related to Dragon's Lair... but I find nothing similar to the game I am looking for in relation to it.

Bostur:

gururajhs:
I was playing a some kind ofstrategy/Civilization building game few years back. In this game i would start constructing some houses then villagers would come from some place and settle. Then i start constructing more houses, farms, waterways, watch tower. Also create/set some characters as night watchman. Would beautify city or keep people happy by constructing town centres, theaters and more. Now i can't remember the name of the game. If anyone have some info/link or knows the name. Please let me know.

Thanks
Gururaj

A few guesses:

Caesar / Pharaoh
http://www.gog.com/gamecard/caesar_3

One of the games in The Settlers series perhaps
http://www.gog.com/gamecard/the_settlers_2_gold_edition

Thanks, Indeed it is Caesar_3 game. Thanks for helping me in recollecting the name of the game.

Thanks
Gururaj

I remember playing an old computer game a long time ago... around 1995. You were a detective.. or inspector who went around looking for clues to solve cases. IF I remember correctly... the main character had a similar look to vivi oruntia from final fantasy 9 (big coat with a collar that goes all the way up to the hat and no real visible face). I remember ascending up level by level, and collecting snowballs that I would see laying around in little triangular piles after i collected them.

Thanks in advance if you can identify,

I too found this thread via google.
It was a late 90's earl 2000's PC game for children where you were a camper at a summer camp and you learn songs and saw constellations and went on a cave walk and got to make cave paintings. It's been bothering me for years. I just want to know the name, please!

I remember a old tank game.
3D, 3rd person.
There was, i think, quite a bit of weapons.
It was futurestic but enviorment seemed kinda dark.It was not in some kind of city or so, it was in a more open area, earth. I think on the mission, you started on a coast
It is a singleplayer, can't remember if there was multiplayer.

This is what i can remember from the top of my mind. I will edit if i remember more.
It is really bugging me

EDIT:
Nevermind, i actually found it myself.
The game i was thinking about is Recoil

does anyone know a PC wrestling game in the late 80s or early 90s that had those weird non-human mutated/cyborg characters and when a character is defeated it appears as a roasted chicken? they also played in some sort of an alley.

So, 6 or 7 years ago i Played a game whose name i can't remember.
All i know is that the game is about a criature (some kind of zombie, and I suppose that's the only playable character) and I know that in the middle of the game , there's another creature who gives me guns. In another part I have to swim underwater and blow up with a bunch of barrels. I remember seeing a pink/purple train and the creature used to die in or next to that ''train''.
The game has a dark atmosphere and i guess the game takes place in some kind of mountain. I dunno actually.
Does anyone have a hint about this game?

It was a long time ago that I played this game (early to mid 90's). It was about this guys girlfriend being kidnapped by an alien (that looked like a human but was a bit off). You had to go into this mansion to find her and you brought your friends with you to look for her. You had to keep from getting caught yourself or they would try to do experiments on you (I think). I'm not sure what pc it was on, either.

Can anyone please help me?

katherinedeer:
It was a long time ago that I played this game (early to mid 90's). It was about this guys girlfriend being kidnapped by an alien (that looked like a human but was a bit off). You had to go into this mansion to find her and you brought your friends with you to look for her. You had to keep from getting caught yourself or they would try to do experiments on you (I think). I'm not sure what pc it was on, either.

Wasnt this already answered? Its probably Maniac Mansion :)

Hi. Sorry for the first post, I'm desperate...
So I'm looking for a PC game, a 2D platformer shooter, I played somewhere between 2000/2004 I guess. It's beginning with a bad guy coming, kinda destroying the main character's home (he blows it up perhaps?), enters his fish-like vehicle (ship?) and escapes (later on that level he has to be defeated in boss fight.)
Also, There were some kind of balls/grenades/idk what, that thrown at an enemies(which were soldiers i guess) were turning them into friends, they lined up behind, following you. Every one from the 'team' formed could be controlled, he just standed first in the line, and the rest was following.
When it somes to weapons, i remember a flamethrower, (regular) grenades, pistols & stuff...

Okay, thats all I can tell... Quite a good riddle, huh??
Please, halp me, soon I won't be able to sleep as I keep thinking of it!

cloroxbb:

katherinedeer:

Wasnt this already answered? Its probably Maniac Mansion :)

Thank you very much :) I'm super excited now!

I remember seeing My sister's playing a game of a boy who was hiding in a coffin, in a castle. But We can't seem to remember the name of it nor the site on which We played the game on. It was an adventurous game we had to escape from the castle somehow.

If someone knows this one particular game I've been looking for for years, I'd be more than glad.

It is a stick figure game (i played it on Win95 back then). In the beginning there's a huge brick wall you can't jump over, and the goal is like on the other side of the wall - so you have to travel around the globe to get to the goal.

I remember that
- you collect lollipops
- there's a big tree, house and a train at some point
- you can jump on clouds
- there's a trampoline on the sky which is shaped like Orion.

The game was mostly black and white line drawing. The lollipops and some other objects may have been coloured. I may be wrong, but I think that the background was like a page of a note book.

Pleasepleaseplease, if anyone has any idea what this game could be, please inform me! I've tried to look for this for too many years :D

Here's a game. Your a man with orange dreadlocks traveling through our solar system and solve mysteries or something like that. And a man in the beginning saying he's your uncle uncle uncle uncle or something. Please help

I am trying to remember this computer game I played once in the early 90's....anyways I think the settind was in a doll house and from the screen you could see inside the whole house (all of the floors)You had to click on each floor to have a bigger view on it. I remember the kitchen where you could make a sandwhich with food lying around the kitchen and this bear with clothing was sitting there you might have been able to give him other food because I remember him saying "Can I have another cookie please"

This is all I remember of this and if anybody knows what game it was please tell me

Thanks

A couple years ago, my cousin showed me a video game that I have been unable to locate since. It is a browser game, free, and on the website there were a couple other games designed by the same person. It's has a very simple design, as well as storyline.
It begins with a shot of you (the character is a small little creature that crawls around and its footsteps sound really friggin' cute, like pitter-patter pitter-patter) in your village, when suddenly a type of spaceship lands, with an alien in it, then I forget exactly what happens but somehow you and the alien are in the spaceship and you end up in an unknown area/planet. The spaceship is broken, and you have to explore this new land and find parts for the space ship so you can get home - basically a puzzle/rpg type game. It's simple, I remember the website was as well, and there was no dialogue. You can run, you can jump, I don't believe there are any battles, per say... but the it's a beautiful, cute little game that you can finish within one day.
I've scoured google, and my cousin doesn't remember it. Please help me find this game! I wish I could play it again!

Alex Chalmers:
I remember playing an old computer game a long time ago... around 1995. You were a detective.. or inspector who went around looking for clues to solve cases. IF I remember correctly... the main character had a similar look to vivi oruntia from final fantasy 9 (big coat with a collar that goes all the way up to the hat and no real visible face). I remember ascending up level by level, and collecting snowballs that I would see laying around in little triangular piles after i collected them.

Carmen Sandiego?

tried googling, and reading through about 15 pages of posts in this thread without being able to find what I'm looking for. I don't remember the game to well as its quite long ago but here goes.

I played it on apple 2e (floppy disk)
I remember that it was a sort of maze type game. you would be in a room (which was in essence a blank screen) with the option to go forward, left, or right. you would not actually move to the next room, there was no animation of you walking or moving forward. you would select the direction then the next room would load to your screen.

once in the room there was often something for you to "fight" (no animation) usually a robot, monster, or dragon. (I believe the game was futuristic). I never did well so I "died" (no animation).

I don't recall much else. If I had to guess this game was in the mid 80s.

Ok here's a game I remember playing. It's a PS2 hack and slash game that supported co-op. IT WAS EXTREMELY DIFFICULT. You had to share lives with your partner and had a choice of different paths to take to complete the level. You could play as an axe dwarf?, knight, wizard, archer, but they were just starter characters. it's not Gauntlet Legends because there was a versus mode where there were 50 or so characters to unlock. the characters you could unlock are the bosses you fight in the game. Each path had sub bosses and main bosses and that was only for one level. now you see where things get difficult due to shared and limited lives. My brother and I could never beat the game because of the many levels, bosses, splitting paths, and difficulty. I would say it's a fantasy type game because one of the sub bosses was a minotaur and the classes you could play as. The replayabilty was high due to the splitting paths that lead to different bosses. It was a really fun game for the PS2, but just impossible to beat. It may have been a foreign game. Japanese or japanese publisher? The concept of the game is brawler/hacknslash story mode with a seperate versus fighting mode as the characters. Thanks for any help you can give!

Ok here's a game I remember playing. It's a PS2 hack and slash game that supported co-op. IT WAS EXTREMELY DIFFICULT. You had to share lives with your partner and had a choice of different paths to take to complete the level. You could play as an axe dwarf?, knight, wizard, archer, but they were just starter characters. it's not Gauntlet Legends because there was a versus mode where there were 50 or so characters to unlock. the characters you could unlock are the bosses you fight in the game. Each path had sub bosses and main bosses and that was only for one level. now you see where things get difficult due to shared and limited lives. My brother and I could never beat the game because of the many levels, bosses, splitting paths, and difficulty. I would say it's a fantasy type game because one of the sub bosses was a minotaur and the classes you could play as. The replayabilty was high due to the splitting paths that lead to different bosses. It was a really fun game for the PS2, but just impossible to beat. It may have been a foreign game. Japanese or japanese publisher? The concept of the game is brawler/hacknslash story mode with a seperate versus fighting mode as the characters. Thanks for any help you can give!

Alex Chalmers:

That sounds like one of the Super Solver games - possibly Treasure Mathstorm?

I remember this PC game I played a while ago. It was set in a world war environment. Before each mission, you were allocated a certain amount of cash with which you would purchase your infantry and tank units. And then you would direct them to hunt down the enemy infantry and tank units. It was very slowly paced for an RTS, but required a lot of thinking.

Can someone name it for me?

Sergio Bautista:
hi there i need some help with a game i cant remember the name but it goes like this:

you are a demon(i think) with a pet demon and you go through the game upgrading your pet which yo can change if you find some special crystal or egg or something

the introduction of the game shows your character fighting with your brother and your ultimate pet fighting his pet inside a church i think.

im pretty sure it was for the ps2

i hope you can help thx anyways.

please i cant find it

Planeforger:

Alex Chalmers:

That sounds like one of the Super Solver games - possibly Treasure Mathstorm?

That's the one! Oh the memories. Thanks a lot Planeforger.

darkdoom227:
I remember this PC game I played a while ago. It was set in a world war environment. Before each mission, you were allocated a certain amount of cash with which you would purchase your infantry and tank units. And then you would direct them to hunt down the enemy infantry and tank units. It was very slowly paced for an RTS, but required a lot of thinking.

Can someone name it for me?

Codename: Panzers (or anything else from StormRegion)?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 . . . 829 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here