Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 . . . 867 NEXT

Looking for an old PC game from the 90s (i think)

You're on a spaceship or spacestation or something like that. You're walking through halls and rooms, searching for things. You can pick up different guns and key cards (i think) and put them in slots that fit on the bottom of the screen. Aliens appear here and there and you have to battle them. I feel like the aliens resembled a flying dinosaur, a plant, a reptile, and others.

I think it was on a 3 1/2 inch floppy disk.

negative.....

ok i hope people are still viewing this thread but, I remember it was a side-scrolling game for the snes, you had blond hair and you could jump and kick and you could shoot out like little waves of energy, you were blue and the game was very similar to megaman, but it was NOT megaman. one of the first levels i remember is where you have to jump up the little platforms up a circular tower. one of the first bosses you fought was some kind of monster that rolled around the square room and onto the walls and ceiling. and another boss i remember is a fish that shot in every direction. another level i remember is where you have to jump and it looks like you are in another dimension and there are guys in hoods attacking you and other stuff. if anyone can help me, i would greatly appreciate it.

EDIT: Nevermind i found it, the name of it was skyblazer

cloroxbb:

Al.Gray:
Hi there fellow gamers.

For the last couple of years I have been racking my brain trying to remember the name of a game I played on PC way back in about 2004 or 2005, but it may have been available on other platforms. It was a 3rd-person platform puzzler, maybe shooter too, not sure. All I remember is your character in the game was a small girl and the game started on stepping stones on water going towards a building of some description, probably a house. Once inside the house, the girl went exploring around, killing monsters and solving puzzles, but one scene which comes to mind, she was in a room that was almost like a funhouse or movie-set, with building-frontages propped up from behind with wooden props. If my vague description of this game jogs anyone's memory of it and the game's title, I would be extremely grateful, so I can try to track it down once again. No, it wasn#t Tomb Raider.

Thanks in advance folks.

Im probably not correct, but I immediately thought of Malice, or American McGee's Alice, or Alice 2: Madness Returns

No, it's definitely not Alice or Madness Returns, but I'll check on Malice, thanks. Somehow the name 'Fate' rings a bell but I'm not sure.

No, it wasn't Malice either, the graphics were far more cartoonish on the game I'm seeking.

My hopes were vanishing but when I reached this thread while looking for two specific NES games I think I might had a last chance. When I was a kid during the 90s, I used to rent games for the NES. I remember to have played many of them, but there are two that I have been looking for recently and I have not found them yet. The first one, and I consider this to be the easiest one to describe, was a game in which the main character rode a giant robot throughout some kind of futuristic city shooting enemies in the first level. I remember that there was a controller input to eject from the robot and this character was very little compared to all the other objects in the city and he could enter small a small underground passageway. For the second game, I don't have a very clear image but I can describe some details. The main protagonist was a man in a complete white (or black?) suit. He was some kind of policeman, he carried a pistol with limited ammo and also could punch his enemies. The first level were some streets where he fought his way through gang members, and I think there was the possibility to enter some alleys and buildings. It was not the Street Gangs game, this game was not cartoonish at all, maybe it was not a beat'em up and it was a side-scrolling so every game with a top view is discarded. I remember two unique details from this first level. The first one was a black pimp in a purple suit standing inside a building flipping a coin. If you lined up with him and pressed a button, your character switched suit colors with him. The last detail I got is what I consider to be the boss of this level. Again, you met him inside a building and he was blocking an exit, just standing there without moving a muscle. He was very muscular and tall compared to the main character and bullets ricocheted off his body. If you tried to reach to reach him, he would punch you across the room. I am sorry if these are very poor details, specially because when I was really young I could not pass from the first stage in both games. I have tried to search for these games by genre and I could not find anything at all. I am pretty sure both games were not pirate, and I wish they were not because I want to give them a try if I find them again. Maybe they were arcade ports, it could be a possibility.

arielrdzb:
For the second game, I don't have a very clear image but I can describe some details. The main protagonist was a man in a complete white (or black?) suit. He was some kind of policeman, he carried a pistol with limited ammo and also could punch his enemies. The first level were some streets where he fought his way through gang members, and I think there was the possibility to enter some alleys and buildings. It was not the Street Gangs game, this game was not cartoonish at all, maybe it was not a beat'em up and it was a side-scrolling so every game with a top view is discarded. I remember two unique details from this first level. The first one was a black pimp in a purple suit standing inside a building flipping a coin. If you lined up with him and pressed a button, your character switched suit colors with him. The last detail I got is what I consider to be the boss of this level. Again, you met him inside a building and he was blocking an exit, just standing there without moving a muscle. He was very muscular and tall compared to the main character and bullets ricocheted off his body. If you tried to reach to reach him, he would punch you across the room. I am sorry if these are very poor details, specially because when I was really young I could not pass from the first stage in both games. I have tried to search for these games by genre and I could not find anything at all. I am pretty sure both games were not pirate, and I wish they were not because I want to give them a try if I find them again. Maybe they were arcade ports, it could be a possibility.

The second one is Dirty Harry for the nes a very difficult game to beat due to the cheap stuff put in the game.

arielrdzb:
My hopes were vanishing but when I reached this thread while looking for two specific NES games I think I might had a last chance. When I was a kid during the 90s, I used to rent games for the NES. I remember to have played many of them, but there are two that I have been looking for recently and I have not found them yet. The first one, and I consider this to be the easiest one to describe, was a game in which the main character rode a giant robot throughout some kind of futuristic city shooting enemies in the first level. I remember that there was a controller input to eject from the robot and this character was very little compared to all the other objects in the city and he could enter small a small underground passageway.[snip snip]

Blaster Master?

I have one that is driving me crazy. It is a PC game from many many years ago. it is a RPG game where you play as a creatable character that if i remember correctly is a prisoner that is charged with saving a princess that was kidnapped by a troll or ogre and taken to an underground dungeon. I remember that you could create spells with runes and had to manage your inventory and scrounge for weapons, armor, and food. If it helps i remember that the game came out around the same time that the wing commander for PC back in the 90's

Trying to remember about a game I used to play as a kid on a computer at school, it must have been around the 1997~1999, details are vague sorry, its been a while.

It was an adventure puzzle game, you would set out with a bunch of little fuzzy purple balls (If my memory is correct) and during each stages you would have to solve puzzles, the trick tho was that during most of the stages if you didn't find the correct answer to the puzzle you could find another way around to the next stage but you would have to leave one of your guys behind and as you advances through the levels and if you left too many behind it would get harder because you needed more of your little guys to make the puzzles easier.

That's all I can remember sorry, hopefully someone can help me find this game !

Pc game, 90s.

Way back in the mid or so 90s, there was a PC game I used to play the f#^% out of; it was a demo I believe, and it was violent, very violent. You could dismember and behead with melee weapons, at least I think they were melee, and part of me remembers that the weapon was something like a halberd, spear or scythe but I can't be certain. The game was in first person I think, it could have been third person though. The setting was medieval, lots of wooden supports and concrete with grey and brown colors to go along with all the blood; though I remember something red and blue in the HUD; possibly health bar and something else?

Your enemies were undead I think.

You start on a dock, I remember that quite clearly, possibly at night? With buildings forward of you and a large metal gate I think. Inside the gate is a courtyard with your first enemy or two and a fire in the middle I recall.

After this level I think the game demo takes you to another cave type level, bats being your enemy I think.
I remember there being lots of high variation in where you could go. Up in the buildings upper floors and down to the concrete roads and courtyard floors perhaps, but I just remember ups and downs in movements in gameplay. Lots of wooden beams and, possibly crates as well.

Ok I need to give my brain a rest, it's like trying to cup water in my hands with holes drilled though them. I realize this isn't much to go on, so massive thanks in advance for any suggestions that you might come up with. :)

I'm looking for a spaceship game where u roam the universe in your spaceship to complete missions for money.You'll need to refuel ur ship at planets or to take missions or buy better spaceships. The game isn't first person or 3rd person.

lukasT2:
I'm looking for a spaceship game where u roam the universe in your spaceship to complete missions for money.You'll need to refuel ur ship at planets or to take missions or buy better spaceships. The game isn't first person or 3rd person.

I can think of three games that fit that description, most recently: FTL. But going with older games;
Solar winds
&
Starscape

Sebastian Lindstrom:

arielrdzb:
My hopes were vanishing but when I reached this thread while looking for two specific NES games I think I might had a last chance. When I was a kid during the 90s, I used to rent games for the NES. I remember to have played many of them, but there are two that I have been looking for recently and I have not found them yet. The first one, and I consider this to be the easiest one to describe, was a game in which the main character rode a giant robot throughout some kind of futuristic city shooting enemies in the first level. I remember that there was a controller input to eject from the robot and this character was very little compared to all the other objects in the city and he could enter small a small underground passageway.[snip snip]

Blaster Master?

Thanks for replying, but,as far as I can remember, the robot was way bigger and it was a biped not a wheeler or a spaceship.

Ok so, When I was about 7 or 8 my sister used to play a game I don't know with what console, but I thinnk it was a Nintendo 64 or a playstation2, anyway. I think it's a Platform game, the player is a cat that needs to get somewhere.. All I can clearly remember is the cat going through the house on the furnitures and floor while avoiding flying whool and bouncing balls.. there was dogs too that the cats must avoid.. and one of the levels is in an old warehouse, it was like all dark and scary.. and the grafic were amazing for a game from before 2007 :O anyway, in that warehouse, there were rats I think and green liquid dripping from certain places of the ceiling... I'm sorry if it isn't really clear but I would really apreciate help :( I just .. want to make sure I didn't imagine that game...
thanks...

cat_platform:
Ok so, When I was about 7 or 8 my sister used to play a game I don't know with what console, but I thinnk it was a Nintendo 64 or a playstation2, anyway. I think it's a Platform game, the player is a cat that needs to get somewhere.. All I can clearly remember is the cat going through the house on the furnitures and floor while avoiding flying whool and bouncing balls.. there was dogs too that the cats must avoid.. and one of the levels is in an old warehouse, it was like all dark and scary.. and the grafic were amazing for a game from before 2007 :O anyway, in that warehouse, there were rats I think and green liquid dripping from certain places of the ceiling... I'm sorry if it isn't really clear but I would really apreciate help :( I just .. want to make sure I didn't imagine that game...
thanks...

might be Rat Attack if it's on N64

Proarcher:
Way back in the mid or so 90s, there was a PC game I used to play the f#^% out of; it was a demo I believe, and it was violent, very violent. You could dismember and behead with melee weapons, at least I think they were melee, and part of me remembers that the weapon was something like a halberd, spear or scythe but I can't be certain. The game was in first person I think, it could have been third person though. The setting was medieval, lots of wooden supports and concrete with grey and brown colors to go along with all the blood; though I remember something red and blue in the HUD; possibly health bar and something else?

Your enemies were undead I think.

You start on a dock, I remember that quite clearly, possibly at night? With buildings forward of you and a large metal gate I think. Inside the gate is a courtyard with your first enemy or two and a fire in the middle I recall.

After this level I think the game demo takes you to another cave type level, bats being your enemy I think.
I remember there being lots of high variation in where you could go. Up in the buildings upper floors and down to the concrete roads and courtyard floors perhaps, but I just remember ups and downs in movements in gameplay. Lots of wooden beams and, possibly crates as well.

Ok I need to give my brain a rest, it's like trying to cup water in my hands with holes drilled though them. I realize this isn't much to go on, so massive thanks in advance for any suggestions that you might come up with. :)

Said this in your other thread but I will repeat it here and that is your game sounds a heck of a lot like Nightmare Creatures.

NoMercy Rider:

Daxmortys:
Hello everyone,

I played this PC game in the 90s maybe around 1994-1999 where you controlled a spaceship and had to destroy meteorites by shooting at them. For example the first level started with a big meteorite, if you shot at it, it would break into 2 smaller pieces and the smaller pieces would break into even smaller pieces and so on and you beat the level by eliminating the meteorite completely. The game had co-op as well, up to 3 players and the spaceships had different colors for all 3 players: brown(or light brown), blue and pink respectively. The first two players were able to play on one keyboard but for the third you needed a joystick. I remember the game had a pacman type mode as well where you (if I remember this correctly) versed each other. Also at about level 6 or 7 into the game, there were different nebulas in the background, as opposed to the classic dark space with stars from the previous levels.

Thats pretty much all I remember about the game. Would appreciate it very much if someone remembers and could tell me the name of the game.

Thank you in advance.

Sounds pretty much exactly like the old Atari arcade game Asteroids, but probably a more modernized version or a spinoff. Here are a few wikis that might point you in the right direction: Asteroids (original), Maelstrom (1992 spin-off), or Asterax (1994 Macintosh spin-off)

I appreciate the help, unfortunately it's none of those games. The game looked a bit more new it's most likely to be between 1994 and 2000 and I played it on PC (MS-DOS - most likely). Also, it's not Tyrian or Raptor. Does anyone else have a guess what the game's called?

Well... This game isn't super duper old but not new anyways i remember a RTS game and you can make like these creatures and fight them against your enemy it isn't like star craft war craft or like that i mean you could desighn you creature so if you could help me that would be great (:

samanthafav:
I've been looking for this game for like 4 years obsessively. I came across this post, so I figured, it's worth a shot.

It was on Floppy Disk, probably around the Windows 95-98 time. I believe it was a 3-4 disk set. Very pixilated and like 2-3D action. Low quality. Creepy narration.
There are multiple sections I have memory of:

1. You were a boy who woke up on the beach with almost no memory with subtitle type narrations on the bottom on the screen.
2. The boy had to pick from a selection of like 6 weird dolls from a shelf in (what I remember to be) a carnival.
3. Then I remember something involving potions.
4. And wizards shooting lasers in some form of black & white grid. (like a chess grid where the lasers are coming out of the walls and you have to dodge the lasers to do something involving a wizard.)
5. I also remember him having to drink something.
6. And in the beginning of the game he finds a bottle with a letter in it. (Or maybe a map or something)

I can't think of anything else right now. But seriously, anyone who thinks of the answer to this is going to make my life complete.
I also remember that I played it when I played where in the world is Carmen Sandeago.

The Secret Island of Dr. Quandary

Sebastian Lindstrom:

lukasT2:

I can think of three games that fit that description, most recently: FTL. But going with older games;
Solar winds
&
Starscape

None of them are it. I also know ive played it like 8 years ago and the graphix were more realistic. ( PC game )

Help!

It's a PC(Dos) game about 15 years ago. Played it as a kid.

1.Before you started, you could pick what creature you wanted to play based on difficulty.
insect, wolf, bear, hunter and more.

2.You'd move in a 2d grid based series of levels, dodging things larger than you (eg: wolf>insect),

3.while eating things smaller than you.

4.The hunter beats everything while the insect basically has to dodge everything.

5.At the end of the series of levels, you will meet your mate or family.

6.Graphics were basically limited to icons moving around and mostly green(indicating grass on grid slots)

Wanted to see if anyone knows cause it's one of the first games I ever played
so i can go back there and win that game on insect difficulty.

Zetacross:
Help!

snip

Are you thinking of Animal Quest by any chance?

JoshTheBoss2:
Well... This game isn't super duper old but not new anyways i remember a RTS game and you can make like these creatures and fight them against your enemy it isn't like star craft war craft or like that i mean you could desighn you creature so if you could help me that would be great (:

This sounds like Spore.

zvenalot:
Trying to remember about a game I used to play as a kid on a computer at school, it must have been around the 1997~1999, details are vague sorry, its been a while.

It was an adventure puzzle game, you would set out with a bunch of little fuzzy purple balls (If my memory is correct) and during each stages you would have to solve puzzles, the trick tho was that during most of the stages if you didn't find the correct answer to the puzzle you could find another way around to the next stage but you would have to leave one of your guys behind and as you advances through the levels and if you left too many behind it would get harder because you needed more of your little guys to make the puzzles easier.

That's all I can remember sorry, hopefully someone can help me find this game !

Pc game, 90s.

One of the Zoombinis games? They were purple.

guys iam really really desperate first my english IS very bad. Iam looking for my childhood game you were fighting against others in a car i dont know how to explain it it was just crazy there were rockets gatling bombs ufo cars trying to destroy other cars on a map it was no racing just kill others and survive it was on playstation . there was upgrades jumps lots of fun but i cant find it :(

I remember this game on the ps1 where you were this little boy ( cant remember if brown or red hair ) that I think is sucked into a trash can to save a girl and along the way you could collect 3 eggs at the same time that could defend you and help you fight the eggs could later be grown into 1 of 4 creatures a chicken a penguin a turtle and a dragon does this ring any bells ??

help me please i remember when i was younger there was a game i would play on the NES im pretty unsure of how to describe the game except it was kind of like a ninja game you would scale buildings and climb in windows when you seen a shadow other than that i dont know much except it was a quite dull colour game please help

Animal Quest, that's right thanks!

Been searching for this game for ages now its an original xbox game a shooter this might of been the 1st level or just a demo level but it starts of on a snowy map with enemies then you go underground I think and you find this thing and then a zombie pops up or something ugh this might be a hard one its hard to remember because I was so young.

sonycek17:
guys iam really really desperate first my english IS very bad. Iam looking for my childhood game you were fighting against others in a car i dont know how to explain it it was just crazy there were rockets gatling bombs ufo cars trying to destroy other cars on a map it was no racing just kill others and survive it was on playstation . there was upgrades jumps lots of fun but i cant find it :(

Twisted metal perhaps? if one of the vehicles was a a ice cream truck it this fro sure.

Hey, can anyone help me to remember the game that the player can turn into fire,ice,water and stone man by using his skill. It is quite old i think around 2000 - 2003, the game started at the field and there is a old car at the center. And it is a PC Game

Hopefully got people play before

sonycek17:

Twisted Metal?

Pajama:
Been searching for this game for ages now its an original xbox game a shooter this might of been the 1st level or just a demo level but it starts of on a snowy map with enemies then you go underground I think and you find this thing and then a zombie pops up or something ugh this might be a hard one its hard to remember because I was so young.

Serious Sam, perhaps? Do you remember anything else about the game?

Help :)
i've been looking for this game for long time now! it's 2D bomb placing game.
it's very old,you had to defeat all monsters to get to the next level.you were able to pick up
upgrades like more bombs at the same time,longer flame on bombs,...
some monsters were able to fly trough walls i think and there were bosses too!
I really need your help :) oh, and it was for pc ofc :D

ty

Pages PREV 1 . . . 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 . . . 867 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook