Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 . . . 783 NEXT

Batou667:

reddpgd:
tried googling, and reading through about 15 pages of posts in this thread without being able to find what I'm looking for. I don't remember the game to well as its quite long ago but here goes.

I played it on apple 2e (floppy disk)
I remember that it was a sort of maze type game. you would be in a room (which was in essence a blank screen) with the option to go forward, left, or right. you would not actually move to the next room, there was no animation of you walking or moving forward. you would select the direction then the next room would load to your screen.

once in the room there was often something for you to "fight" (no animation) usually a robot, monster, or dragon. (I believe the game was futuristic). I never did well so I "died" (no animation).

I don't recall much else. If I had to guess this game was in the mid 80s.

I'm afraid you just described an entire genre of games. Can you remember any specific details?

Thankyou so much for getting back to me.

I really don't recall to much it was when I was very young.
I do recall there was no animation of the enemies, I think some of the random robots I encountered had basically 2 sets of graphics, one set was the upper body, the other the lower body. the computer would mix and match these to sometimes have a robot with a few different models of the upper body (head, chest and weapon) and the lower body (legs, or tracks).
I remember the dragons were serpent like and coiled amongst themselves.

For some reason flame throwers, or fire of some sort sticks in my mind. I seem to remember not knowing the attack commands and getting myself killed frequently. For some reason I tend to think of the game as incredibly hard and never managed to make it past the first level?dungeon?maze?

I'm also not sure if it was in color but when I played it, it was on one of the old black and green monitor.

and I suppose it would have been around the same time as choplifter and karateka. At least in the same general time period. i 100% remember playing conan (and having my butt handed to me) and that was released in 1984, though I imagine I played it a few years after.

it reminds me of a first person shooter with no movement, and no animation when fighting. as i said, you just sort of appear in the next room (corresponding to the direction you chose) and there either was a creature (always alone) waiting for you, or there wasn't. if there was it was just an image of it on screen. I remember the art work of the enemies being pretty detailed compared to games like conan and karateka. I remember some of the robots weapons being fist type weapons (spikes, blades etc)

Hi everybody,

I'm glad to find this forum, bacause there's still activity, maybe you can help me to find the game I'm looking for.
Okay, it is a PC-game I used to play when I was around 10-13, in the beginning-middle of the ninties.
It was a screen scrolling game in which you could control a robot or cyborg-like character, which had three forms: a humanoid-loogking robot, a dino-like robot and a third one (I can't clearly remember) and you had to change these forms to advance on the levels. The game (or at least the first maps) were set in a special jungle-like environment, which looks like a bit like Flashback. It was basically green with some plants and some metal sctrutcures. Each form of the player had special abilities, like the dino could swing its tail or the human form had the ability to throw a rope, and occasionally enemies appeared also. It was not a very fast-paced game, instead you had to position the character on the proper places and use one of the abilities to climb up to platforms or open doors, etc. It was quite hard to die in the game, players usually stuck not died.
I hope someone can recall this..

Br,
DD

Pami Kooikerhondje:
Okay, it is a PC-game I used to play when I was around 10-13, in the beginning-middle of the ninties.
It was a screen scrolling game in which you could control a robot or cyborg-like character, which had three forms: a humanoid-loogking robot, a dino-like robot and a third one (I can't clearly remember) and you had to change these forms to advance on the levels. The game (or at least the first maps) were set in a special jungle-like environment, which looks like a bit like Flashback. It was basically green with some plants and some metal sctrutcures. Each form of the player had special abilities, like the dino could swing its tail or the human form had the ability to throw a rope, and occasionally enemies appeared also. It was not a very fast-paced game, instead you had to position the character on the proper places and use one of the abilities to climb up to platforms or open doors, etc. It was quite hard to die in the game, players usually stuck not died.

Could be Metal Mutant.

DHamien:

Batou667:

DHamien:
I played a computer-game in the middle/end of the 90's. Don't remember much of it, but it was a 2D platform game. And you walked around in a winter landscape, killing something I remember as worms or slugs. Anyone remember this?

James Pond?

No, that's not it.

Was it a PC game, or for a console?

Taddeo Cerletti:
It's a fight game. In the demo version you only could pick to characters. One of them was a man and the other one a woman.

This description fits the demo of Destrega for PS1, you can only pick Gradd (fire) or Milena (ice) and the only stage is a green grassland.

randombrandom:

Ajiman:
i remember some really cool car game with weapons mounted on them, on ps2, i only remember how the trailer goes, in the end of the trailer it shows like 3 people in a desert and a car trying to ram em.

One of the Twisted Metal games?

no it wasn't twisted metal.

Hello all! I've created this account purely to see if any of you guys could tell me the name of a game I'm looking for.

Here are the hints:

1. PC game, probably 6 years old or more. Not a resent tittle!

2. 3rd person shooter/fighter (you could do both). You could use guns with bullets, but their was also energy type weapons (I think you could get some kind of energy granade launcher from a boss)

3. A cartoon-esce style. Not extreme cell-shading like Borderlands. Also I think the cutscenes were comic book style.

4. I'm not sure of the plot itself. However, I believe you were a police officer (female).

I also remember a scene and level where you are going to a building. The cut scene is you walking to a reception, asking to see someone (bossman probably) and the receptionist says something like "certainly, he'll be right with you" then shows you pressing the panic button under the desk. Obviously bad guys come and you kick ass and so on. The level is in the building where you climb up floors and kill people, and their are scientists and what not in the building (possibly labs).

Hope you guys can help me out! It's been bugging me for a few days and will do forever more.

Hello there i'm new here and ther's this game I've played 9 years ago or so.
And can't remember the name (duh) but I know sum details.
First of the u play as a Woman with yellow hair red clothes and u have a huge sword in yer hands, the game had sum puzzles and the first boss was an old guy with a sword and a machingun I think. The game was on the psx and it was 3D, the intro of the game was weird. the intro was like this: Some guys go into a big room with flashlights and in the middle of the room was some platfrom, I think the game had something to do with time travel i don't know. If anybody know's this game, please tell me, because me and my brothers never understood it because we couldn't talk english. We are german talking people and now that I can speak english I want to replay all the ps1 games I never understood. please help me find this game!

Please people, anyone know this one? If then please let me know!

Tesral:

Taddeo Cerletti:
It's a fight game. In the demo version you only could pick to characters. One of them was a man and the other one a woman.

This description fits the demo of Destrega for PS1, you can only pick Gradd (fire) or Milena (ice) and the only stage is a green grassland.

Thanks man. That was exactly the game I was looking for.

mrmophead:
Hello all! I've created this account purely to see if any of you guys could tell me the name of a game I'm looking for.

Here are the hints:

2. 3rd person shooter/fighter (you could do both). You could use guns with bullets, but their was also energy type weapons (I think you could get some kind of energy granade launcher from a boss)

3. A cartoon-esce style. Not extreme cell-shading like Borderlands. Also I think the cutscenes were comic book style.

4. I'm not sure of the plot itself. However, I believe you were a police officer (female).

I also remember a scene and level where you are going to a building. The cut scene is you walking to a reception, asking to see someone (bossman probably) and the receptionist says something like "certainly, he'll be right with you" then shows you pressing the panic button under the desk. Obviously bad guys come and you kick ass and so on. The level is in the building where you climb up floors and kill people, and their are scientists and what not in the building (possibly labs).

Hope you guys can help me out! It's been bugging me for a few days and will do forever more.

Sounds like Oni.

z3tzilla:

aguspal:
I will go straith into it:

-It was a RTS game in the style of Command and Conquer with base building and recolecting resources.
-It was around the year 2003 that I played this? give or take 3 years maybe.
-It was in the SEA. As in, underwater. (probably the most important trait)
-I played it on PC definitivly.

Unafortunally thats all I rememeber about it. I dont know what happended to that game, I would be interested in at least whatch a video about it to see if I remember it lol.

Submarine Titans? AFAIK this is the only underwater RTS out there...

Heeeyyyyy Nice dude! That was the one that I was trying to find! Its so weird but I do remember a few thing about the game watching the vids lol. Thank you!

Coldie:

mrmophead:

Here are the hints:

Sounds like Oni.

You are a saviour. Thank you man!

There was a PlayStation game I played when I was younger that I can't remember the name of...
There were two playable characters, a girl and a guy.
I didn't play as the girl often so all I know is she didn't live on earth and someone didn't want her going outside at night because it was dangerous and she had to get home before dark or something.
The guy was from earth and he and his.father were on a mission or something somewhere else. I think they were together but not positive. They crashed on an alien planet or something and when the boy woke up from fainting or something his dad was missing and he had to find him.
the only other thing I know was there was an old dude.. idk if he was a wizard or something but I think he was. He told the girl and the boy once they met up.either the history of the village the girl lived in or a prophecy. idk which one... help?

Gnak:
Hey guys! I have on for you. Playstation 1 game, you are flying a spaceship, and aliens are invading. You could pick up people and stuff with a tractor beam and transport them to safety, shoot aliens of course. I remember you could buy a bunch of weapons, and different ships. Maps were made so if you fly in only one direction, you'd fly in circles. In one mission I remember you had to save people from around the city and put them in a school, then you had to beam up turrets and deploy them around the school to defend it against the aliens. Ring any bells?

The main core of what you're describing sounds a lot like the classic arcade game Defender (which they did release on PS1), but the school part doesn't sound familiar at all.

This is a long shot, but it has been bugging me for ages now.
So about 7-10 years ago, I found a game demo for an online game where you played as customisable mechs; all the parts could be changed, with varying looks, armour/health etc. The mechs flew around on jets that also had different looks/speeds etc.
There were 2, maybe 3 maps - both in space station settings, one was based in a corridor style, and I remember there was a way to glitch the map so that you could get out into the space outside. The other was based on a derelict space station that allowed you to move about in space too.
Hope someone has an answer for me.
Edit: added some more info.

I remember playing 3D (with quite good graphics, atleast for that time) space game demo from a game review magazine's CD.
You could control 3 or 5 ships, atleast one could cloak. I think you also could control shields or something... Also shoot lazorz. :D
So a mini space fleet control game?

It's not Nexus: The Jupiter Incident, I think my demo was with more sci-fi (like further into the future), altho pretty similar. Definately not X3, and anything Star Trek/Star Wars related or Haegemonia. And it wasn't RTS like Homeworld / Starmageddon. Not a shooter like Freelancer.

lechat:
first game you want was called GOT (god of thunder)
been looking for that for a while but you can't get it anywhere ><

I was finally able to dig up images/video for that game. Thank you. Also while digging, I may have found a download site

-Link removed by Mod

I haven't tried the site yet, but I will later today. So if you trust it enough and try it out; Let me know the results. Thanks Again.

dmv:
#3 Vaguely sounds like Heretic, an old doom mod. It's available on steam if you want to check it, and the sequels.

Not quite the game I was thinking of. Although it does look interesting. The particular wizard game I am thinking of is 2d similar in graphics to Duke Nukem / Bio Menace. The only big thing I remember from that game is that you could pick up potions and some would Teleport you to different locations. Some would go to treasure rooms, others would send you to your doom. Any help would be great. Thanks for the reply though.

*Edit* I found the Wizard game I was looking for. It is Called Hocus Pocus. Thanks for the suggestion though.**

Batou667:

DHamien:

Batou667:

James Pond?

No, that's not it.

Was it a PC game, or for a console?

Pc!

Mike Ringl:
I've posted this a few times already with no luck. So i'm trying again because I really want to find this game.

Hello, I'm hoping someone on here can help me. I've been thinking about this game for a while but I don't remember what it's called or what console it was on (I'm thinking Snes, PS1 or PS2) The only thing I remember about this game is that the main character used a gun (I think) and when you got a new one you could use the old one to upgrade the new one to make it stronger and/or more features (I believe you could also find parts around the world as well). Also I remember a side quest involving collecting insects (maybe just Beetles) and some were stronger than others to use in Fights against other computer opponents insects/Beetles...Sorry, I know this isn't much help, I know it's not very old (made in the last 10 years) I appreciate any help.

This is a looooong shot but Crimson Sea for ps2 ?

This game i used to play was an old computer game where you would have a ball on a string that would move back and forth and you would hit a computer key and the ball would move off that string to another string and it would move back and forth again, you would have to dodge lava and other obstacles and move up levels. I thought the game was called paragon but i googled it and nothing came up, its a strategy game and it was very fun, any help???

Sergio Bautista:
hi there i need some help with a game i cant remember the name but it goes like this:

you are a demon(i think) with a pet demon and you go through the game upgrading your pet which yo can change if you find some special crystal or egg or something

the introduction of the game shows your character fighting with your brother and your ultimate pet fighting his pet inside a church i think.

im pretty sure it was for the ps2

i hope you can help thx anyways.

please someone help me!!! i need to find this game it's driving me crazy

Hello everyone, what a great thread!

I'm trying to remember the name of a game that I actually never got to play, but was really interested in. I'm pretty sure it was a PS1 game (though it might have been early PS2) and was about a character who could pick up his enemies and throw them around using a electrical charge. I believe the main character had a special mechanical glove that allowed him pick up objects and enemies. The game was a side view platformer that I remember looking like Abe's Odyssey (but a little more cartoony maybe?) The main character was male and looked like he was in his teens. I think I remember the title having a number in it... Can anyone help? Thanks in advance :)

TaintedFayt:

Mike Ringl:
I've posted this a few times already with no luck. So i'm trying again because I really want to find this game.

Hello, I'm hoping someone on here can help me. I've been thinking about this game for a while but I don't remember what it's called or what console it was on (I'm thinking Snes, PS1 or PS2) The only thing I remember about this game is that the main character used a gun (I think) and when you got a new one you could use the old one to upgrade the new one to make it stronger and/or more features (I believe you could also find parts around the world as well). Also I remember a side quest involving collecting insects (maybe just Beetles) and some were stronger than others to use in Fights against other computer opponents insects/Beetles...Sorry, I know this isn't much help, I know it's not very old (made in the last 10 years) I appreciate any help.

This is a looooong shot but Crimson Sea for ps2 ?

Thanks for the reply, but no, that's not it. I'm thinking it's older than that game. I have my doubts that it's on the Ps2 come to think of it.

DirkRugged:

I'm trying to remember the name of a game that I actually never got to play, but was really interested in. I'm pretty sure it was a PS1 game (though it might have been early PS2) and was about a character who could pick up his enemies and throw them around using a electrical charge. I believe the main character had a special mechanical glove that allowed him pick up objects and enemies. The game was a side view platformer that I remember looking like Abe's Odyssey (but a little more cartoony maybe?) The main character was male and looked like he was in his teens. I think I remember the title having a number in it... Can anyone help? Thanks in advance :)

Yep. That's Wild 9 for the PS1.

I've been searching for the internet, but I can't find the game. It's late 1900s game. I can't remember if it's on the gamecube or playstation 2, but it's a multiplayer (party sort of) game.
It's been such a long time, but some of the mini games I can remember is where four people (always each given a different color: yellow, blue, green, red... I think) and they're all in a spherish cage. They try to bump each other into lava, while the circle platform gets smaller and smaller.
There's another minigame, where you have to spray bugs, and if they remain your color, then they start going to your goal, where you have to get the most points, or something like that.

It was a game where you play a bunch of mini games like that.

Hello fellow gamers. Oompa Loompa, doopity doo, I've got another puzzle for you. What is the name of the game with a Halloween theme. It is played from a 3rd person point of view at a 45 degree angle from above. There maybe a Jack-O-Lantern used as a light source in the video game and you eat Chinese food as health, one of them being General Tso's Chicken and another is rice and the character says so when he runs over the take-out box. I believe it was a maze style puzzle game, but possibly not. Also it was for PC in the 90s. The graphics looked a lot like Hovercraft for Windows 95, but not as large of a game layout. Please help if you can, and that is as much as I can remember.

DirkRugged:

Wild 9 on the PS1

Damn, ninja'd!

shinichi8:
I've been searching for the internet, but I can't find the game. It's late 1900s game. I can't remember if it's on the gamecube or playstation 2, but it's a multiplayer (party sort of) game.
It's been such a long time, but some of the mini games I can remember is where four people (always each given a different color: yellow, blue, green, red... I think) and they're all in a spherish cage. They try to bump each other into lava, while the circle platform gets smaller and smaller.
There's another minigame, where you have to spray bugs, and if they remain your color, then they start going to your goal, where you have to get the most points, or something like that.

If it's not Mario Party then probably Fuzion Frenzy on the Xbox.

Hey guys looking for an old RPG i played 7-8years ago... good graphics it was some fantazy rpg u had 3 characterss that can be switched in game a warrior a mage and a female elfish assassin ... i also remember the final boss was a kickass dragon ... pls help :) the game was god of war-ish style of play

Dimitur Gospodinov:
Hey guys looking for an old RPG i played 7-8years ago... good graphics it was some fantazy rpg u had 3 characterss that can be switched in game a warrior a mage and a female elfish assassin ... i also remember the final boss was a kickass dragon ... pls help :) the game was god of war-ish style of play

Is it Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone?

Hello, this is a repost with a little more details.

1. It's a 3rd person adventure game, not an RPG.
2. It's for the ps1 and had good graphics as far as I remember.
3. The protagonist was a girl with red clothes and yellow hair and abig sword, it was not in the
future.
4. Before the first level starts there is a girl in green clothes transforming into the girl I
already described.
5. The levels had some puzzles and optional bossos as far as I remember.
6. The graphics were 3D.
7. The intro of the game was like this: Some guys with flashlights enter a room with a big
platfrom in the middle (the platfrom looked sci-fi).
8. Dunno if it had levels in the future because we always got stuck on the second, or third
level.

That's all I remember that could be of use for u people out there, please help! This game has benn bugin' me for a long time!

shinichi8:

If GameCube it could be Amazing Island.

shinichi8:
They try to bump each other into lava, while the circle platform gets smaller and smaller.

Definitely Fusion Frenzy for Xbox. It was a 2001 launch title.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 . . . 783 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here