Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 . . . 829 NEXT

killingmofos:
hey i remember playing a game on the original xbox that had bears as solider u had 2 teams and it was full out war you could pick assassin classes sniper classes and much more just forgot the name to the game if any one could help...??

Sounds like the Conker's Bad Fur Day port/sequel?

I need help remembering a game It was an old ps2 game idk what year it was on a demo disc it was a character trapped in a dream world the most i remember was the background was very blue and it was difficult to figure out it was a white area with columns and such but i cant remember much else

talker:
a pirate game. you never saw the player, you were just a boat and you had to attack forts and pirates you met.

Sounds like Overboard! on PS1.

There's a game on an old Apple computer I would play in the late 90s or early 2000s. You had to go around collecting candle like pieces(I was 6-8 so sorry for the vague explanation). Red goblins would be chasing you and would swallow you up if they caught you. You would have to reach a "holographic door" or something to pass the level and you could chop holes in the ground/grass so the goblins would fall in or something. If you guys could help me out that'd be great!

Hi guys! I'm looking for a very good game that i used to play when i was child. It was 2 dimensional . The main charachter has blonde hair and he has a whip. At level 2 i remember there was a boss. It was a kind of dragon , i think it was bone dragon. Please help me find this game i really need it!

Hey Guys. I dont know English Very well so please dont blame me.
Im searching for game from my childhood. I was playin' that maybe in ~2000 year on Windows 95 or 98 probably. It was an adventure/fighting game with view form sky on you (like 2d). Your first mission was in a village probably. You had to go through this village, destroy some barrels in houses. You were attacking by some dragonflies or something like that. At the end of the first map there was a giant octupus. I forgot what you had to do with that. I Remember that next map was probably a village to? I Dunno. There were some ghosts in houses and maybe some insects. You had a fireballs to fight probably and maybe some poisonus attacks. The main picture in this game was green probably. And at start You probably had to choose skills or character, I forgot. If you know the title of this game please help me. It's really my dream to find this epic for me game. Thanks :D

Hey guys, I've been brainstorming for the past month or so trying to remember a game that i used to play 10 or more years ago on the Playstation console.

-It was a fighting game although the arenas were not restricted in 2 dimensions. Unlike tekken for example, the arena was larger and the camera angle was like that of a soccer/football match, covering the entire arena. You could move around the whole stage
(It had more rpg-like free movement including jumping inside the stage).
-The fighters were a bunch of weird characters including some with animal-like appearance and aliens.
-Some distinct ones were an alien with blades instead of hands (not swords, more like his hands were sharper along the edges much like the ability of the antagonist in Terminator 2. This character was resembling a female if my memory serves me right. There was also a male alien/humanoid (he was wearing a helmet) fighting while piloting a hovering bike. I remember one of his moves was something along the lines of kamikaze (you would take controll of him in first person view after going up high in the air and then come down and explode at the point you navigated dealing great damage to the enemy by killing yourself). Another character I remember is one resembling a rhino.
-It had arcade mode and team battle mode and there must have been a survival mode.

I have the impression that it may have been made by an asian game company (bandai comes to mind) although it is unlikely. I'm probably wrong about this.

I don't remember the game all that well. I just remember my cousin showed it to me on PC. It was a game where you would type in random letters or a name and it would generate a monster. then it would follow you. i think. or maybe you just played as the monster.. but it followed you and there wasnt many places to go from what i remember but there was this place with a clothes hanger i think.. outside. and you could delete your monster and make a new one easy

Kiss Daniel:
Hi guys! I'm looking for a very good game that i used to play when i was child. It was 2 dimensional . The main charachter has blonde hair and he has a whip. At level 2 i remember there was a boss. It was a kind of dragon , i think it was bone dragon. Please help me find this game i really need it!

That definitely sounds like a Castlevania game, but I can't be any more specific than that, since more than 20 of those games had bone dragons.

Any of these look familiar? http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/White_Dragon#Enemy_Data

There was this game that I played online a long time ago. It was a very detailed, fantasy/oddity/post-apocalyptic-esque game. From what I can remember, a man and his dog in a space-ship-ish thing crashes on some sort of planet. The dog ends up getting snatched by some sort of creature or something. So you play as the man to attempt to rescue the dog. You have to click on different objects, creatures or plants in the game in order for something to happen to let the man maneuver through the weird planet. It in a side view play. It kinda reminds me of the movie "Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind."

If anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it SOOOO much because it's been driving me NUTS. Thanks~

ooxghostxoo:
There was this game that I played online a long time ago. It was a very detailed, fantasy/oddity/post-apocalyptic-esque game. From what I can remember, a man and his dog in a space-ship-ish thing crashes on some sort of planet. The dog ends up getting snatched by some sort of creature or something. So you play as the man to attempt to rescue the dog. You have to click on different objects, creatures or plants in the game in order for something to happen to let the man maneuver through the weird planet. It in a side view play. It kinda reminds me of the movie "Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind."

If anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it SOOOO much because it's been driving me NUTS. Thanks~

Ooh, an easy one! You're talking about Samorost and Samorost 2. BTW Samorost 2 was in the Botanicula Humble Bundle. It was a while ago and no longer bundled, but I still highly recommend their games.

The developer is called Amanita Design, and they have a handful of free little games that are simply brilliant.

LeonR:
Hi. Please help me find name of the game.

1) I play it in 1993 on 8bit NES.
2) You can play alone or with friend (game for 1/2 players);
3) Title screen: red car and 2 people with racing helmets and with machine guns;
4) It is side-scroller, but not like "contra/mario", where are floors, but like in "double dragon", where you move up/down and right;
5) Players walk and shoot;
6) Sometimes during mission players sit in car and one of players can drive it until hit wall or land mine, after car is crashed, you continue on foot.

7) maybe some levels are look like "contra 2 level", but instead on walking up, you stay in cover (behind brick wall) and shoot up. [not sure, if it is the same game)

You're describing NARC. Cool, I had no idea it was on NES! The arcade version had...a lot more drugs and stuff.

FizzyIzze:

ooxghostxoo:

Ooh, an easy one! You're talking about Samorost and Samorost 2. BTW Samorost 2 was in the Botanicula Humble Bundle. It was a while ago and no longer bundled, but I still highly recommend their games.

The developer is called Amanita Design, and they have a handful of free little games that are simply brilliant.

Oh my god, thank you sooooooo much!! :DD

tmoread:
Ok, this is an old PC game kind of like Age of Empire, but where you played as angels or demons or something like that and when your turn ended, it should like day turning into night. You could also upgrade your units into extremely powerful ones also I think. If anyone could help me I would appreciate it.

Sounds kinda like Heroes of Might and Magic

Tesral:

talker:
a pirate game. you never saw the player, you were just a boat and you had to attack forts and pirates you met.

Sounds like Overboard! on PS1.

no, it was for the pc.

FizzyIzze:

LeonR:
Hi. Please help me find name of the game.

1) I play it in 1993 on 8bit NES.
2) You can play alone or with friend (game for 1/2 players);
3) Title screen: red car and 2 people with racing helmets and with machine guns;
4) It is side-scroller, but not like "contra/mario", where are floors, but like in "double dragon", where you move up/down and right;
5) Players walk and shoot;
6) Sometimes during mission players sit in car and one of players can drive it until hit wall or land mine, after car is crashed, you continue on foot.

7) maybe some levels are look like "contra 2 level", but instead on walking up, you stay in cover (behind brick wall) and shoot up. [not sure, if it is the same game)

You're describing NARC. Cool, I had no idea it was on NES! The arcade version had...a lot more drugs and stuff.

Thank you very much :)

Holyshawarma:

Batou667:

Holyshawarma:
I am looking for a game that I used to play A LONG time ago, and I will try to explain it as well as I can:

Firstly, it's a 2D shooter game, you could play vs. computers or multiplayer (or both). When creating the maps or choosing from already existing maps, one could choose what kind of weapons should be in the game, and there were TONS and TONS of weapons, ranging from little guns to nuclear explosives. One could also alter the amount of blood. The environment could be blown away, as well. You could choose from a lot of different characters like worms, master chief (look-alike) and a lot of other stuff, as well as changing the colour of the character. I remember it being very hard to aim, and everyone also had a grapple hook.

Thanks in advance!

Well, perhaps I'm being over-literal, but this sounds a lot like one of the Worms series.

Yes, it's pretty much everything that comes up when I try to find the game, but I can assure you that it is not Worms. The game is VERY different from worms, in fact. It is not turn-based, for one.

What about Liero (or OpenLieroX)? It is, basically, real-time worms. Or Soldat, Liero's spiritual successor?

Hi.
Im new on this page, and i cant remember the name of game.
You are a polar bear(white bear dunno), and you are collecting little green aliens.
I really want to play this game, pls help.

Hey, I'm looking for a PS1 game and can't remember the name. For what I can remember, it is a sci-fi shooter game. It starts out with cinematic of a male and female gearing up for battle, they get injected something and then thrown in to the battle. I played it with my brother in a co op mode, no split screen, with the same male and female characters, that shoot there way through levels. It's quite an old game so these are little facts I remember.

Thanks in advance!

I suppose this doesn't count as THAT old, but there was this dungeon crawler on the PSP that I can't remember the name of. All I really remember are the standard classes, knight, beserker, magic etc...

This is diving me crazy! And no amount on online searching is helping. >.< If anyone has played Gorasul, then the game I'm thinking of is from the same time/feel and Gorasul.

All I really remember, is the you, possibly, start in a town on an island with a castle. But there are hoards of zombies and monsters around, you learn to fight on that island and you frequent the castle and the blacksmith near the castle often. I don't member much else, except when you get to a slightly higher level you can go to an island full of monster where there are giant spiders, rats werewolves and the like. Last Time I played this was over 14 years ago. >.> The graphics really remind me of Gorasul. (I might just be thinking of a later part in Gorasul for all I know)

Need help, I remembed trying this on a demo on the Playstation 2

You start off in the air with spaceships invading on a island. Once the ship lands there was troops and tanks coming out of them. There was also friendly forces on the island that fought them. You could switch between flying and walking on the ground, i think you were a mech. Building on the island and the spaceships were destroyable.

Thanks =)

Ok so I didn't read this whole thread cause it's ENORMOUS. But I've googled the hell out of this and I remember it being bad ass - so help me out:

Playable characters included Bruce Campbell / Ash Williams, Arnold Schwarzenegger / Terminator, Stallone, Bruce Willis etc.

This game supported two players and was a Platform based Puzzle in which you had to move blocks to kill what I think were aliens. There were only certain ways to do certain levels and if you got stuck you would have to give up - in doing so characters commited suicide. Bruce Campbell for example uttered 'It got into my head and went bad, so I lopped it off at the neck' before chopping off his head.

This would have been on Windows (probably about the time of Win 98 or Me)

I've googled my butt off to try to find this but it doesn't even seem to exist anymore.

TheSteeleStrap:
I suppose this doesn't count as THAT old, but there was this dungeon crawler on the PSP that I can't remember the name of. All I really remember are the standard classes, knight, beserker, magic etc...

Would it be "Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade", google it up.

Having trouble remembering much about an old game for PC back in the Windows 3.1 era. Would've been on several floppy disks. From what I recall it was a creepy adventure/horror possibly. I believe it had a top down view.

Very story-driven and I believe you were a blonde adult male. You're in this mysterious little town and I think your character had memory loss/amnesia and didn't know how he got there. I remember walking toward the main farmhouse/barn and there was a pub inside. Dimly lit with lanterns on the wall.

Something tells me that I had a hard time figuring out where to go or how to proceed. I was pretty young at the time and hadn't played anything like it before.

Narcissus04:

TheSteeleStrap:

Would it be "Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade", google it up.

That's the one. Thank you, that was driving me crazy.

pumipuri:
I don't remember the game all that well. I just remember my cousin showed it to me on PC. It was a game where you would type in random letters or a name and it would generate a monster. then it would follow you. i think. or maybe you just played as the monster.. but it followed you and there wasnt many places to go from what i remember but there was this place with a clothes hanger i think.. outside. and you could delete your monster and make a new one easy

Sounds like it could one of the 'Monster Rancher" game series. I've played Monster Rancher Advance 2 on GBA and it sounds similar to what you've described: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YOZCGvgT08

Sorry, but i'm reposting this. i remeber an old playtion game, where you play a young boy (and way later on his sister),whose house and yard was created into a nightmare by a joker like guy. Anyways the boy awakes to find his house falling apart at places, his sister transformed into a pink bird and locked in a cage in thier room (you start the game on a mission to get her out by looking for th key), and a garden of evil plants. Also you fight ghosts with a flashlight and if you stand on the parents bed you regain health. Also near the end the boy can change into a strange dino like thing(i think). I also remember that i played it somewhere in the 1990's. Also the first room you enter is the lving room(i think) and it has a gaping hole in the middle and if you step on the wrong part of the floor it breaks and you fall into a swirling blackhole like thing, and it's game over. the second room you can enter is the guest bedroom, and if you push over the mattress something happens, In the parents closet you have to find a way into a room and pull some switch making it so you could go to the garden. In the garden you can go down a well and avoid monstrous plants by pulling certain switches, and yhour goal was to get to the other side of the fence where a jack o'latern like pumkin awaits you.

From the very beginning you can collect spiders that are crawling around everywhere throughout the game. At a certain part you come to a space like place, where there square blocks floating and they lead to some sort of metal platform(sort of like a spaceship.) If you step on the wrong one you fall and have to resart over, but i remeber that i figured out that you have to follow the spiders (when you aproch the block all your spiders spill from ya and onto the platforms.) The boy you play is called Max, i think. And before the main menue there's a opening scene in animation. It showed the two kids reading a fairytale book, i think, and a fairy like creature comes to them, and tries to warn them. But suddenly the joker like guy comes and takes her and turns everything into a nightmare. This has really been bothering me cause i remember it was a fun but challenging game, so does anyone know this game.

Ok there are 2 games from my childhood I'm wondering about.
They are both ms dos games I believe.
The first is a game where u fight aliens and in the beginning u have a electric spoon and later on get better weapons. U kill them and there is a bunch of green goo that's about all I remember lol.

The second is a 2d game set in a jungle where u can climb on vines and jump around in trees. There were also little 2 legged brown monsters with big chomping mouths and teeth. Also u had to find little red hearts to heal yourself. Not much else to tell :( but it was amazing. O I think it came in a big pack of several ms dos games too.

yunagirl1:

Are you thinking of Swagman?

I've never played it myself, but the viewpoint in the game looks pretty cool. The music is pretty nice as well.

I hope someone can help me with this one. It was from the mid-80s, Commodore 64 game, Asian-style adventure RPG set (I think) on or near a mountain. All I can really remember was my character using a katana that always had to be sharpened or it would break.

Anyone?

Thanks!

PC games that I played on Windows 95 that I can't remember the name of (I believe they were all CDs, no floppies.) :

- A pirate game where this captain and a few men "sail the seven seas" to find treasure that they have a map to. One of his men is lazy and says "I have a hangnail. A man can't work in my condition". Somewhere near the end of the game they sail into this area thats super dark and there's an island with a huge skull-shaped rock. I think on the island there might have been the treasure, I also think I remember "enemies" on the island. It was a cartoon-ish styled game for kids. (NOT Monkey Island, I saw that pop up when I tried to google the game)

- An educational game for kids where in the beginning this lion character (that talks) walks up to the door of a huge dark castle and bangs the doorknocker and the doors swing open. Once inside there are different rooms that you enter, and the lion is always there but you don't control him, I think he talks to you. There are things to solve that involves identifying different types of nouns and verbs.. and at one point, before you can proceed, you have to write a short essay in a book. This also had cartoon-style graphics.

- A cartoon styled game for kids that was set in the days of knights and castles, where this castle had been stormed and taken over by this "bad guy" who had a huge red beard, kind of looked like a viking, and he locked someone away and literally swallowed the big golden key. You have to help a former knight of the castle (he was this big guy who I think also had a red beard or hair) find all of the other former knights of the castle and do things for them to get them to join you and take the castle back. When you get all them together at the castle, and the people in the castle are trying to kill them, the former knights serve their different purposes. Like one really big guy stops a boulder after it rolls down a hill..a skinny knight holds up his shield to catch poisonous slime from falling on the others while they enter the door of the castle.

- another cartoon-style kid game that was western themed: you're locked inside a jail cell..in the next cell is this tall skinny bird (weird I know) and I think he can talk. The sheriff is there and has a huge handlebar mustache. I think I remember something about gold bars.. And at one point there might have been a desert, maybe you escaped the jail and are in the desert?

- a racing game with just motorcycles. All kinds of motorcycles and realistic looking landscapes to race in (you choose which motorcycle you race on and which landscape.)

- a game set in Egypt where this group of kids (I specifically remember a boy with dark hair and a girl with red hair, but there were a couple more with them) are inside this museum..there are golden sphinx statues, jewelry, and egyptian markings. The girl with the red hair sees a spider ring with a ruby. she tries it on and the ring comes alive and tightens around her finger so that she can't take it off. A guide walks up and she has to hide her hand in her pocket, and is too scared to get help so has to leave with the ring. Later there are mummies that the kids uncover. One of the mummies may have spoken. There was puzzles involving hieroglyphs. The point is the kids are trying to solve something that has been done that is wrong..because in the end they face this tall, thin british man with black facial hair that says to them "Ever since I was a boy in the streets of London, I've dreamed of having this sort of power." And cackles evilly. This sort of game was in a series, the same group of kids solved mysteries set in other locations.

- a game where there are a bunch of..worms I think. They talked and wore clothes and had eyes, basically lived like people with chairs and stuff..they were in some sort of strange building that was very futuristic looking..kind of like the inside of a space ship.. and later there was dirt. LOTS of dirt.. or it may have been sand. They either ate some of it or it was flooding their living area. I remember the dirt/sand came pouring from somewhere And you have to solve something, I'm not sure what but it maybe that you have to figure out how to get the sand out? Maybe the thing they lived in was underground an the roof leaked dirt inside?

If anyone could help me with names I'd be forever in your debt. <3

Im looking for a game that looks like gta 3 exept the A.i people are shorter then you and it is free roam in a city with weapons floating in balls when you find them like gta please help if possible

KingSmiley:
Ok there are 2 games from my childhood I'm wondering about.
They are both ms dos games I believe.
The first is a game where u fight aliens and in the beginning u have a electric spoon and later on get better weapons. U kill them and there is a bunch of green goo that's about all I remember lol.

The second is a 2d game set in a jungle where u can climb on vines and jump around in trees. There were also little 2 legged brown monsters with big chomping mouths and teeth. Also u had to find little red hearts to heal yourself. Not much else to tell :( but it was amazing. O I think it came in a big pack of several ms dos games too.

Perhaps you could give a touch more information on the first game? Was it First Person? Third Person? etc.

As for the second:
This may be a long shot seems I don't remember the 2 legged brown monsters but that could possibly be Pitfall: Mayan Adventure? He goes around trees and vines and junk.

i remember playing this game from around the time zone 1999-2004 area cant remember i was young it was my brothers game. (computer) You started of at night and there was this flying car if i remember correctly it dropped you off and you played as this bald guy. i forgot the point of the game but i do remember one other thing...you had to connect these wires to turn on the electricity OR you unconnected them to turn it off.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 . . . 829 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here