Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 . . . 820 NEXT

I used to play 2 pc games during my early school years (around 1996-98). One was a sort of 3d chess game where the chess pieces took form of various creatures. Rooks transformed to stone giants etc.

The other game is more tricky as I barely remember anything from it. But it was a 2d game where you would dig your way through a maze, collecting coins (or other things) on the way. The catch of this game was to collect all the coins (or whatever it was) and there were enemies or obstacles that were trying to stop you by get you killed so you had to work your way around them and the moving enemies could chase you through your own tunnels if you dug into theirs. In one of these maps you played as some sort of Chinese guy (at least Im confident he had one of those straw hats).

Both games were played on pc, windows 95 if I recall.

It was this game on the ps1 where you played as a rabbit that walked on a line and had to dodge obstacles in time with a beat and if you dodged them you evolved into a queen fly but if you got hit you devolved into a little worm.

AnzuMix:
I used to play 2 pc games during my early school years (around 1996-98). One was a sort of 3d chess game where the chess pieces took form of various creatures. Rooks transformed to stone giants etc.

The other game is more tricky as I barely remember anything from it. But it was a 2d game where you would dig your way through a maze, collecting coins (or other things) on the way. The catch of this game was to collect all the coins (or whatever it was) and there were enemies or obstacles that were trying to stop you by get you killed so you had to work your way around them and the moving enemies could chase you through your own tunnels if you dug into theirs. In one of these maps you played as some sort of Chinese guy (at least Im confident he had one of those straw hats).

Both games were played on pc, windows 95 if I recall.

I am pretty sure your first game is Battle Chess. Your second game could be Dig Dug or Diamond Run.

MrDelicious:
It was this game on the ps1 where you played as a rabbit that walked on a line and had to dodge obstacles in time with a beat

Absolutely Vib Ribbon.

Hello guys ! I want to find the name of a game that i played a looong time ago on ps1 . I think it was a third person shooter , you played as a purple haired girl and you had to fight against the boss of the company which was a woman with a machine gun for a hand . In the intro i think that the boss had a phone call or something i dont remember well...Please help me

I can't remember this game's name and its plot but i've some images inside my head and it's driven me crayz(literally).I was playing it around late 90's.
Now,the game was a shoot 'em up.I was controlling a spaceship with mouse or keyboard.Sort of like Raiden but it wasn't Raiden it wasn't an arcade machine game it was on windows 98.I was playing the games demo.
All i remember,there were three or more playable spaceships,a menu for upgrading engines and weapon systems.That is all i remember.
I know there are millions of shoot em up games like i described but this one is different(or not,i haven't played that much games like this).I can't even search the game because i don't know where to begin.Anyway hope you can tell me some names.

I can't remember this game's name and its plot but i've some images inside my head and it's driven me crayz(literally).I was playing it around late 90's.
Now,the game was a shoot 'em up.I was controlling a spaceship with mouse or keyboard.Sort of like Raiden but it wasn't Raiden it wasn't an arcade machine game it was on windows 98.I was playing the games demo.
All i remember,there were three or more playable spaceships,a menu for upgrading engines and weapon systems.That is all i remember.
I know there are millions of shoot em up games like i described but this one is different(or not,i haven't played that much games like this).I can't even search the game because i don't know where to begin.Anyway hope you can tell me some names.

Cannot remember this game! All I remember is it was for Sega Genesis, a pinball like game and in the machine there was a beutiful woman and every time you hit her face with the ball she turned more and more into a monster. HELP!
(FOUND IT - DRAGON'S FURY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M46zo6uJ6m0)

Also, a game I had been trying to figure out for a while - Hugo's House of Horrors! Anyone else remeber this game? Was availible on floppy disk in the 90's. Here is a link on youtube http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hugo%27s+house+of+horrors&oq=hugos+hou&gs_l=youtube.1.0.0i10l4.1625.4376.0.6356.9.9.0.0.0.0.169.897.4j5.9.0...0.0...1ac.1.cWwYCM9HdtI Anyone know if this game is available for any device (Computer or apple app)?

Also, cannot believe there is a DOOM app! Very excited. I love old games! :)

Please help me find this game, all i remember is it was with little "soldiers" that made of plasticine or something like that and you decide what color your soldiers will be and your enemies's color.
and there was 4 kingdoms that you need to conquer. every kingdoms having a brow bastion that you'll need to break with gloves or explosives. every 1 or 2 minutes you'll get a new weapon for example: sword ,gloves, spring, strew(you can drink the colors of the dead soldiers for creating more soldiers).
i remember the soldiers have a funny/cute voices.
That all i can remember, Please guys i need your help :D, thanks.

I feel like it's probably already been said at some point, with over 5600 posts, but there was this one game for the PS1, a JRPG. It was(I believe) set in sort of a medieval/samuri type period, as there was a castle, a princess, and I'm damn near certain you were a samuri. I only played the demo but I loved it, but you were in a castle at one point, someone was surrounded by a ring of fire, then you run from the castle down a mountain(at a 90 degree angle) and across the country side being chased by a giant boulder. Again, it was only the demo, and I believe it was a demo disc that came with the PS1 so that might narrow it down a bit more. Anyone have any ideas?

Amazing thread, but now I'm going to give you a real challenge, as this was a game played by groups on an 80s , UK, kids Saturday morning show - similar to what ghost train and live and kicking were.

It was a general knowledge game done as a computer game, the contestants had to answer questions right otherwise the character wouldn't avoid the monsters. The character itself was a guy in a dreamworld, and it was meant to be designed on the guy asking the questions, but wearing his pyjamas. The contestants would enter different worlds through mirrors, and have enemies coming towards him, and each question that was answered correctly in time would have him avoid the threat and not lose a life.

I remember it was all side scrolling, and the last mirror was a fairground with a giant wasp, which would burst through the mirrors as a final battle when the character escaped.

How's that for obscure? I want to know what it was. I remember so much about it, yet not even 80s TV experts know it. Does it at least ring a bell with anyone?

asd126:
Please help me find this game, all i remember is it was with little "soldiers" that made of plasticine or something like that and you decide what color your soldiers will be and your enemies's color.
and there was 4 kingdoms that you need to conquer. every kingdoms having a brow bastion that you'll need to break with gloves or explosives. every 1 or 2 minutes you'll get a new weapon for example: sword ,gloves, spring, strew(you can drink the colors of the dead soldiers for creating more soldiers).

Oh, man, i remember playing that game as a kid, loved it. It's called Gruntz.

Web based game, free online multiplayer. Top down tank game, with no download required. It had a map creator, and the graphics were... meh. The last time I played it was probably about 4-6 years ago.. Whenever the last Modest Mouse album came out.. lol Anyways, another thing the game had, was the background was like beige, sandy color. If anyone can point me to the direction of this game I'd really appreciate it! ^^

ok im looking for this game im pretty sure was on the ps1 where you had the choice to play a boy or a girl. all i remember is that the girl had 2 hoops as weapons and the boy could transform into various animals that he killed. ive been looking for this game for awhile any help would be awesome. for some reason i want to say the game had mana in the name but not sure.

Sergio Bautista:
[quote="Sergio Bautista" post="9.166417.16335625"]hi there i need some help with a game i cant remember the name but it goes like this:

you are a demon(i think) with a pet demon and you go through the game upgrading your pet which yo can change if you find some special crystal or egg or something

the introduction of the game shows your character fighting with your brother and your ultimate pet fighting his pet inside a church i think.

im pretty sure it was for the ps2

i hope you can help thx anyways.

just a hint if you can plz

Going to be a long one here, I apologize.

Alright, this one has been plaguing my mind for a while now. I remember that is a Play station game. I'm pretty sure it's PS1, but it could be PS2. It was an RPG that had two possible story lines. You either could play as a rebellious red-headed princess or a wandering swordsman. The princess' weapons were two golden rings and the swordsman used this rather large, red sword/axe looking thing. I remember vaguely that the swordsman later on in the game gained the ability to transform into some of the monsters you would fight and could use their abilities to solve environmental puzzles, like melting ice with fire breath. Also, I remember a rival swordsman in black that you had to defeat in order to gain access to a plane (I think) to proceed to the next area.

If anyone could possibly remember this title, I would be so grateful.

Ok, mines a NES side scroller where you were in a mech with 2 legs that had bigish feet and I think you could get out and run around a little to collect items.

xxvampxfreakxx:
ok im looking for this game im pretty sure was on the ps1 where you had the choice to play a boy or a girl. all i remember is that the girl had 2 hoops as weapons and the boy could transform into various animals that he killed. ive been looking for this game for awhile any help would be awesome. for some reason i want to say the game had mana in the name but not sure.

owhynot:
Going to be a long one here, I apologize.

Alright, this one has been plaguing my mind for a while now. I remember that is a Play station game. I'm pretty sure it's PS1, but it could be PS2. It was an RPG that had two possible story lines. You either could play as a rebellious red-headed princess or a wandering swordsman. The princess' weapons were two golden rings and the swordsman used this rather large, red sword/axe looking thing. I remember vaguely that the swordsman later on in the game gained the ability to transform into some of the monsters you would fight and could use their abilities to solve environmental puzzles, like melting ice with fire breath. Also, I remember a rival swordsman in black that you had to defeat in order to gain access to a plane (I think) to proceed to the next area.

If anyone could possibly remember this title, I would be so grateful.

Pretty sure it's the same game, Threads of Fate.

ViRi:
Ok, mines a NES side scroller where you were in a mech with 2 legs that had bigish feet and I think you could get out and run around a little to collect items.

You sure it wasn't on SNES? Cause Metal Warriors fits that description pretty well.

Reposting myself because no one seemed to know. Anyone yet, pretty please?

burger:
If someone knows this one particular game I've been looking for for years, I'd be more than glad.

It is a stick figure game (i played it on Win95 back then). In the beginning there's a huge brick wall you can't jump over, and the goal is like on the other side of the wall - so you have to travel around the globe to get to the goal.

I remember that
- you collect lollipops
- there's a big tree, house and a train at some point
- you can jump on clouds
- there's a trampoline on the sky which is shaped like Orion.

The game was mostly black and white line drawing. The lollipops and some other objects may have been coloured. I may be wrong, but I think that the background was like a page of a note book.

Pleasepleaseplease, if anyone has any idea what this game could be, please inform me! I've tried to look for this for too many years :D

Tesral:

ViRi:

You sure it wasn't on SNES? Cause Metal Warriors fits that description pretty well.

No the mech was more like a side view of an at-st from star wars but 1 little guy was inside and he could jump out and walk around to get into areas the mech couldn't reach. kinda like Blaster Master but it was an upright walking mech. "Edited: i see Metal Warriors the guy can jump out also but the mech doesnt look right, the mech was slower moving and i dont remember it flying."

I remember a game that I use to play and it had like this Japanese guy I believe and he guy beat up and these guys stole his suitcase or something and a girl helped him out and she drove a motorcycle. Please help me out if you can!! It was like 6 or more years back

z3tzilla:

asd126:

Oh, man, i remember playing that game as a kid, loved it. It's called Gruntz.

Wow you are ROCK man thank you very-very much :D

I am looking for the name of a game I played on macromedia or shockwave in the 2000's. The main character was an Aussie man, I believe an adventurer (he may have had a dog as a sidekick, not sure.) His name was possibly "Guy" and he would often say Aussie terms like, "ripper!" and "bonza!" as you played the game.

Anyone have an idea what this game was called? And the name of the character if it's not the same as the game title? It is just a flash game and I don't think it ever went beyond that.

Thanks!! I will be shocked if any of you know this one!

Hey guys! Hopefully I can give enough content for someone to identify this game for me.

So, I remember playing this game non-stop during the late 90's maybe even early 2000's. I was very young.(im 18 now)
I remember it was a game on playstation, or ps2 (not sure) and it was definitely a game that contained robots. Not really mechs, but a robot that acted more like a human being. And you would use specific patterns on your remote to execute moves and shoot weapons on your robot.
I feel like the robot you played as was either piloted or controlled by kids. One specific memory that I have that may help to identify the game is during a cut scene, two kids possibly teenagers, were tied up together and being held captive. They were shouting for help to the boy that you play as, then all of the sudden a big robot steps (Or something very large just drops on them) on them and you witness your friends being crushed. Kind of sad, but that was a memorable scene.

Thanks! Can't wait to finally remember what it was called.

I used to play a game on my friends' PS1 that was sort of like Twisted Metal, but I liked it way better than TM. I remember I'd always pick the garbage truck and own everybody with its pick up attack. I remember there was a level with a missile silo in the middle, which you could launch yourself from, somehow.
God, I miss that game so much!

mateushac:
I used to play a game on my friends' PS1 that was sort of like Twisted Metal, but I liked it way better than TM. I remember I'd always pick the garbage truck and own everybody with its pick up attack. I remember there was a level with a missile silo in the middle, which you could launch yourself from, somehow.
God, I miss that game so much!

I think it's Vigilant 8

I've joined the forum just because I can't remember the name of this game and google don't help me :(
It's an old 2D PC game where you control a rocket with limited fuel into a "cave". You should land carefully when you needed to refuel or take some boxes with colors(I don't remember exactly if it was boxes) and these colors should open gates. (the gates have some colored circles that become light when you got that color and open when got all)
I think that you need to move something to the begining of the level to complete the level without hiting anything.
There were no enemies, just the mission. It was very simple, not too much graphics like actual games.
Sorry about any mistake at writing, english isn't my first language ^^

Okay, I really need to know what game this is xD
It was a PS1 game and it was real time battle. I'm pretty sure you started out in a house in this like forest-y village, and the I remember walking out into the bottom section where all the monsters were. The monsters were kind of cutesy if I remember correctly, the character itself was cutesy as well, I'm pretty sure.
The character I played as was a boy, and in the icon for the saved game on the PS1 card, there was a boy with a green cap on.
This has been bothering me for MANY years, so I hope someone out there has a gist of what I'm talking about! xD

klaynexas3:
I feel like it's probably already been said at some point, with over 5600 posts, but there was this one game for the PS1, a JRPG. It was(I believe) set in sort of a medieval/samuri type period, as there was a castle, a princess, and I'm damn near certain you were a samuri. I only played the demo but I loved it, but you were in a castle at one point, someone was surrounded by a ring of fire, then you run from the castle down a mountain(at a 90 degree angle) and across the country side being chased by a giant boulder. Again, it was only the demo, and I believe it was a demo disc that came with the PS1 so that might narrow it down a bit more. Anyone have any ideas?

That game would be Brave Fencer Musashi (:

Kiss Daniel:
Hi guys! I'm looking for a very good game that i used to play when i was child. It was 2 dimensional . The main charachter has blonde hair and he has a whip. At level 2 i remember there was a boss. It was a kind of dragon , i think it was bone dragon. Please help me find this game i really need it!

I've never played it myself but Castlevania II: Simon's Quest is 2D and features a main character with blonde hair and a whip.

IsadoraD:
I am looking for the name of a game I played on macromedia or shockwave in the 2000's. The main character was an Aussie man, I believe an adventurer (he may have had a dog as a sidekick, not sure.) His name was possibly "Guy" and he would often say Aussie terms like, "ripper!" and "bonza!" as you played the game.

Anyone have an idea what this game was called? And the name of the character if it's not the same as the game title? It is just a flash game and I don't think it ever went beyond that.

Thanks!! I will be shocked if any of you know this one!

Could that be Lenny Loosejocks goes Walkabout? I have fond memories of playing that game; it was so charming!

Tesral:

MrDelicious:
It was this game on the ps1 where you played as a rabbit that walked on a line and had to dodge obstacles in time with a beat

Absolutely Vib Ribbon.

You lucky Brits! They never released that game in the US. I had to, um, "modify" my PS1 and buy a Japanese copy of Vib Ribbon. Still have it.

This game I have trouble remembering was a point and click type of game. I remember it was a little spooky, there was an area with a road and trees next to it where you'd see the headless horseman. There was an area with gallows and I remember the goal being to get into a castle, where I think there was a vampire. I am not so sure about this one, but I think you had to collect gems at the castle to open some door. It was a long time ago(6+ years), for the PC and it might have been a kids game.

Sergio Bautista:

Sergio Bautista:
[quote="Sergio Bautista" post="9.166417.16335625"]hi there i need some help with a game i cant remember the name but it goes like this:

you are a demon(i think) with a pet demon and you go through the game upgrading your pet which yo can change if you find some special crystal or egg or something

the introduction of the game shows your character fighting with your brother and your ultimate pet fighting his pet inside a church i think.

im pretty sure it was for the ps2

i hope you can help thx anyways.

just a hint if you can plz

I'm 99.9% sure that is "Castlevania: Curse Of Darkness" Literally everything you said about it describes that game, i dont know if it is for the ps2 as well, but i know its for the original xbox and is unfortunately not backwards compatible with the 360.

Hello, I'm new and i think this is a wonderful thread idea, i'm not sure if either of these games have been said already at some point but there are 161 pages... so im just going to possibly re-ask. There are two games i would like to know about

1) I only ever played a demo of this game. This game was definitely for the PS1, maybe others as well i don't know. It was kinda of like a mixture between birds eye view and third person, if you people know what the term "fourth wall" means, than that is what it was. It was purely a pvp game, and you were inside a box arena, like complete with a roof and walls, and there were some floating pads in the middle of the arena, you played as one of 4, or 6, or maybe 8 people (i dont remember how many, but you were all color coated, so one person would be blue, one would be red etc...) who are all really tiny, and you shoot eachother, the catch about this game is that the map would continually shift around, so all of a sudden the box your in does a 180 and you and the computer players would fall down to the floor, it was a gravity sensitive. Now im really sorry about this but, i might be wrong about that last part, when it shifts around you might stay where you are instead of actually being affected by gravity.

2) Im not sure what platform this is for, i think ps1, but i do know its old enough to be on that system. This is a 3rd person game. Now it started out by letting you choose what character you wanted to play as, there were three, you could be a warrior (or knight or whatever he would be called) and he had a sword and was some white guy, or you could be a mage (again might have been called something else) who had a staff and was a black guy, or you could pick the white female, i dont remember if she was a warrior or an archer though. (The only reason i specified color is to be specific, i dont really care im just trying to give information). Then it put you into the first level, where it was just a short cobble road surrounded by buildings, at the end of the road was an archway that would lead you to town square i believe, but just to the right of that was small little pathway that lead you into a small basement-like area, where there were a few enemies. The only i enemies i ever fought were this big brown demons, that were really fast, i think i might have fought 2-4 in the first place, the road. Two more in the basement, and about 3 in town square before i would die EVERYTIME... That is as much as i know of it because i remember when i played it, (even as a warrior) it was very hard, kicked my butt. never got past town square=i.e. second room of the game...

for about 9 years now, ive been wondering what these games are, i kept an eye out for them, but never looked, than i stumbled across this thread today and i thought... "Why not?" Thank you so much for your help guys, and if someone has happened to have asked about either of these two game, than i am sorry for re-posting them, but i would still appreciate an answer...

Mechanoise:
Amazing thread, but now I'm going to give you a real challenge, as this was a game played by groups on an 80s , UK, kids Saturday morning show - similar to what ghost train and live and kicking were.

It was a general knowledge game done as a computer game, the contestants had to answer questions right otherwise the character wouldn't avoid the monsters. The character itself was a guy in a dreamworld, and it was meant to be designed on the guy asking the questions, but wearing his pyjamas. The contestants would enter different worlds through mirrors, and have enemies coming towards him, and each question that was answered correctly in time would have him avoid the threat and not lose a life.

I remember it was all side scrolling, and the last mirror was a fairground with a giant wasp, which would burst through the mirrors as a final battle when the character escaped.

How's that for obscure? I want to know what it was. I remember so much about it, yet not even 80s TV experts know it. Does it at least ring a bell with anyone?

Answer is Weird Dreams (it was modified for Motormouth the kids TV program)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weird_Dreams

Pages PREV 1 . . . 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 . . . 820 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or