Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 . . . 751 NEXT

I need help remembering a game its you live in a city on a island full of zombies you have to rid the island of zombies and blow up the bridge. please help! (note 100% sure its not rebuild)

A game I am SUPER nostalgic for, but can't recall the name of and it bother me to this day, was an old PC game, early 80s or 90s, about space exploration. It was a RPG with real video synced in, and I'm pretty sure the aliens were muppets of some sort. I can remember seeing video of them spliced in with a stagnant background. The aliens would some times speak in another language, but it would be translated for you. You had to traverse space, make deals, find things for people, and probably stop wars or save planets. I spent HOURS on this game and wish I could remember the name of it. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please help!

A couple of people have suggested Wing Commander or Star Control. Neither of those look like what I remember.

Metsox:
Glad i found this thread. I have been trying to remember a game I used to play back in the Nineties. It was a space mining game. The basic screen was just a bunch of different planets that you produced ore from. Just a screen filled with different planets. Some were bigger than others. (i.e. more productive I can't remember much else. Anyway, if anyone could jog my memory I would be really appreciative.

I found this post and I am trying to remember this game as well. It's possible I even still have it on a floppy disk somewhere. I would really like to play it again and it's been driving me mad. Please help.
It was mostly text based. There may have been minor pictures using ASCII. There was no visible movement.
You had to manually type in the coordinates you wanted to travel too, so you needed to keep track of where you found each planet or you could never get back to it to get what you had mined. I also feel like there was a limited amount of movements you could make, either fuel limitations, or time limitations.

I've been looking for this game a while, but I can't find. I hope you could help me with that.

I was playing that game 15 years ago, so I'm not sure about everything about it. It was vertical space shooter. Probably it was possible to play two players on one screen. The beginning's background was blue, overall it looked a bit like TwinBee, I think it had bells and clouds, but not entirely sure.
For sure, in the end the ship was landing on red planet, which was about to blown up or something and there was a guy to control in side-scrolling-jumping-platformer way.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

there's a game i used to play i think it's on ps1 or ps2, you had to build weapons or stuff with blocks that you had to go out and collect. I just can't remember what it was called, can anyone help please?

cloroxbb:

CreatedAMadman:
Anyone know this game? There was a game I played in like the mid-90s a couple times at the arcade. It was a Tengen video game. You played as an airplane that shot other planes, flying objects and machines on the ground. You collect power ups and such. Often there would be waves of ships that would fly in in circular patterns, shooting at you. At the end of the first level, there was a boss that consisted of two spider-like crawling machines with four legs. Anyone have any ideas?

I believe it was Tengen because the console had the Tengen logo on the top.

I looked at a list of Tengen video games, and the only airplane shmup is "Afterburner."

No, unfortunately, that is not it.

Hi everybody, need help tracking a game down, its been doing my head in for years :-). 90s game, it wasnt a point and click adventure game but it was in that style, set in an eastern european factory/power plant. I thought it might be flashback for a while cos it has a similar look. I can remember going to either a bar or a canteen where the workers were and on the TV there was a football (soccer) match being played and you could talk to a man who commented on the game. Im sure one of the teams were Red Star Belgrade. The bar in flashback looks similar but there is no TV with a football match on. From what i can remember it wasnt a straight 2D game like flashback. And also i dont think it was the first game in in the series. Im sure it had a 2 or 3 after the name.

i played a game for about nine years ago, where you started in a room with, i believe a fireplace, and then you could choose party members. up to four i think. you could choose a dragon, an mage half orc etc. i cant really remember how you played but i think you clicked which way you wanted to go, and then it moved. then there could be monsters on your way, and i think you took turns to kill each other. they could drop armor but you could only wear it if you were the specific class the armor was meat to. Hope you can help!!!

Oh i remember it was first person and not super good graphics

Werekettle:

Vishonov:
Ok, I've been looking for this game's name for years now.

It was I think from like the mid to late eighties, could be a little older but not more than early nineties (it was at least twenty years ago)

You were able to build an army but you couldn't control it (it was just sent to fight).

There were two sides in the game - one was green I think and the other was grey or something along those lines.

There were helicopters and zeppelins, as well as some kind of flak cannon you could use with the arrow keys.

Oh, and it was like side-scrolling.

The background of the game was pitch black and the soldiers looked like this - http://newyorkcliche.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/throwing-trash-basketball.gif

It could be by the late Psygnosis.

That I believe would be Armor Alley? Such a good game!

You sir are a genius! THANKS

Hi

I'm looking for a old game I played before and found this forum !
I hope you can help, this is what I remember :

You play a "wizard" with a blue robe I think. You can throw yellow or red little balls.
There is a scene where you have to hide in a box on a conveyor belt to go somewhere.
At a moment you have a flying "dinosaur" friend that can take you to other islands.
I also remember a scene where you stand on the back of a turtle in the sea to go to a cave.

I can't remember anything else, or am not sure it is that game.

Thanks for your help !

Kaizer:
Hey everyone, hope you can help me out on this one!

I played this game about 10 years ago, on Playstation 2 I believe. The most vivid things I remember from the game is that every main character had some sort of special vambrace, and the main characters vambrace had a sword that extended from the gem on it! The second character you ended up meeting up with was a girl with a wolf. The beginning of the game started out with the protagonist in his village and then some giant monster smashes its head through the village walls, and after the battle, you begin the game.

Sorry if that is a little vague >.< the most I could remember, but it was a pretty fun game!

Legend of legaia on ps1

Hello, I tried to find the game for like few years, but im hopeless.

The game im looking for is rly old ( probably older than from 2000 )
RTS, Fantasy.

What I remember is thati played a demo where i started having 4 ( not sure ? ) blue, tower-like units, that i had control of. When i used them near some building i could change them to other fighting unit, like skeleton or golem or etc.

Please help me!

I remember playing this game years ago... I'm thinking it was around the era of PS2, Xbox 1, but this game was on PC (Possibly consoles too). It's a... 3D Space/future game that... Might've been freeroaming. I think you played as a robot that could hack other robots... You could take vehicles but also hack the NPCs, taking control over them... There were "cop" robots, tiny robots, big slow robots, all that stuff, and they all had abilities to get through missions, I assume... It's not super realistic, I remember the concept being really fun, and I really wanna play it again... Please help?

The only thing that sounds vaguely familiar is Metal Arms, but that's not it...

What is the name of this old interactive game where you play as a ghost?
You wake up dead in this town and there you encounter a library ghost, a flame ghost girl in a church, a water ghost with missing eyes in the school and the ghost of the motorcyclists in the hospital. Please help me find it again because id love to play it. I think it was on a gaming website.

So I was looking for a really old game. I don't remember much, but I remember it was like tanks. You joined a server, chose which creature you wanted to use (each had it's own power) and you would find an opponent and battle. The point was to shoot the opponent, or if you shot the landscape, it would break off, just like in tanks. The creatures looked similar to neopets/pokemon. Any ideas?

Saparo:
Can somebody help me? I need to remember the name of a game I played a little more than 10 years ago. I was very young at the time.

You control a medieval army and fight agains the army of evil. The armies have diferent unitis, each one with different characteristics. You didint have to gater resources, the amount of soldiers of each team was set before the battle started. You control soldiers and a wizard, and your enemy controls zombies and ghosts and evil stuff. I remember that it had a pannel like starcraft, where your generals would talk abought the next mission. You could give diferent answers, and ask them diferent questions and if you took too long to say something they wold say something like "I dont have all day long!" and be rude to you. In the tutorial they could say "that is not what I told you to do!". Please help, I just NEED to play that again...

Thanks!

It could also be one of the Myth games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_(series)

They were originally made by Bungie too.

Dophiex:
Can someone help me figure out what this game is? It's an old game on an old Computer where your playing as a little man and you have to jump on squares but there's some missing, and I think you have to dodge boulders and things flying at you, please let me know if you find out! Thank you

Jumpman?

princesszaffy:
What is the name of this old interactive game where you play as a ghost?
You wake up dead in this town and there you encounter a library ghost, a flame ghost girl in a church, a water ghost with missing eyes in the school and the ghost of the motorcyclists in the hospital. Please help me find it again because id love to play it. I think it was on a gaming website.

I played that one until the end, it was on Newgrounds, search their adventure session and you will surely find it, very good story for a flash game.

Can someone please help me with my game? gonna repost what i already said.

BR4ZIL:

I also in need of help, i looking for a PC game, top down (bird's eye view) Squad Commander game, it was very "indie" by today's standards, you controlled a bunch of rather funky/cartoonish soldiers in WW2, there were diferent classes for you to use, each time a new soldier class was introduced, you would get a bootcamp scenario for each one. i distinctevely remember officers and scuba troopers, i think there were vehicles too, but they were the side size as normal troops (to fit the cartoonish look).

The soldiers looked kinda like this:

http://www.mediacircus.net/chickenrun2.jpg

The game is probably made in late 90's/early 2000, i belive it was made by a european developer (dont ask me why i think that).

Gonna also mentioned that it had VERY VERY buggy controls, your soldiers were very unresponsive to your movement orders.

Looking for two games:

1. Some sort of game set in outer space, with pretty graphics. Lots of purple on the box cover, it was a 90s PC game. Box/Cd cover thing shows a guy on smoe sort of space motorcycle/snowmobile looking thing (wearing red). You do something in the game to get crystals, big purple crystals, which you then bring back and I think turn in for a reward. Might've been called something with galaxy or space or discovery or quest or something.

2. Some sort of game where you set up elaborate traps (using objects to connect/map a trap on the screen) to get your opponent, think it was a cat or something, something between animals. Very cartoonish style violence, basically the theme was to set things up to get your foe in various ways. Took a lot of thinking/etc to puzzle out how some of the complex traps worked.

i0na:
Hi

You play a "wizard" with a blue robe I think. You can throw yellow or red little balls.
There is a scene where you have to hide in a box on a conveyor belt to go somewhere.
At a moment you have a flying "dinosaur" friend that can take you to other islands.
I also remember a scene where you stand on the back of a turtle in the sea to go to a cave.

Thanks for your help !

That's one of the Little Big Adventure games, most likely LBA 2: Twinsen's Odyssey.

Kevin Woldering:
I remember playing this game years ago... I'm thinking it was around the era of PS2, Xbox 1, but this game was on PC (Possibly consoles too). It's a... 3D Space/future game that... Might've been freeroaming. I think you played as a robot that could hack other robots... You could take vehicles but also hack the NPCs, taking control over them... There were "cop" robots, tiny robots, big slow robots, all that stuff, and they all had abilities to get through missions, I assume... It's not super realistic, I remember the concept being really fun, and I really wanna play it again... Please help?

The only thing that sounds vaguely familiar is Metal Arms, but that's not it...

Could be Scrapland.

OK I may be not very specific but i remember these scenes:At the start you have a man (with a sword i think( and you try to save a girl from a beast.The beast defeats you and takes the girl away.You defeat the beast later on.Sometime in the game you get captured and you fight with yourself.The final boss is like a giant snake and throw flames (or lazers) from the ground.PS1

cedde123:
i played a game for about nine years ago, where you started in a room with, i believe a fireplace, and then you could choose party members. up to four i think. you could choose a dragon, an mage half orc etc. i cant really remember how you played but i think you clicked which way you wanted to go, and then it moved. then there could be monsters on your way, and i think you took turns to kill each other. they could drop armor but you could only wear it if you were the specific class the armor was meat to. Hope you can help!!!

i think its icewind dale but i am not sure....

Spyros Stavropoylos:

cedde123:

i think its icewind dale but i am not sure....

No, not quite. the game i am talking about is 2D.

pptkrreg:
A game I am SUPER nostalgic for, but can't recall the name of and it bother me to this day, was an old PC game, early 80s or 90s, about space exploration. It was a RPG with real video synced in, and I'm pretty sure the aliens were muppets of some sort. I can remember seeing video of them spliced in with a stagnant background. The aliens would some times speak in another language, but it would be translated for you. You had to traverse space, make deals, find things for people, and probably stop wars or save planets. I spent HOURS on this game and wish I could remember the name of it. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please help!

A couple of people have suggested Wing Commander or Star Control. Neither of those look like what I remember.

That sounds like Privateer 2: the darkening. It is in fact part of the Wing Commander series. Starred Clive Owen of all people.

ikojibear:
Hi Guys!

So, this has honestly taken hold of my mind for about two weeks, and it's driving me INSANE! So hopefully y'all can help me out a little ^_^

The game I'm thinking of is for PC, unfortunately I can't remember much about it. I think it was released between 96 and 02, and it's like one of those explore/conquer games. It plays in third person (Birds eye), and you have to protect this one person in your party until you get to the destination, and I think it was a medieval type but not based in medieval times. I honestly don't know how to describe it :/

**EDIT**

I also remember that the area where you hadn't discovered was blacked out, so you also had to send like, spies or whatever to clear out the unknown

It will be difficult with such a vague description. Could it be one of the original Warcraft games (not World of Warcraft, the proper ones)?

There used to be this old robot fighting game that was very unpopular but very fun in my opinion. When you started, you have to choose ALL the body parts for your robot. The graphics weren't that great btw. After choosing, you will be matched with another robot and you have to defeat him or push him our of the arena. Once you win, you get on of the opponent parts.
Please help me with this. XD

Coldie:

i0na:
Hi

Thanks for your help !

That's one of the Little Big Adventure games, most likely LBA 2: Twinsen's Odyssey.

OMG ! Thank you !! =D so nostalgic !
Thanks again !!

A game from 2000 or 2001 where you could chose between a cowboy, an indian, or a Mexican. Then you would build your population and also your fighters. You could only have 100 for your population. You had to have works to chop wood and people to grow crops. Also your fights could steal gold from the other teams. Trappers could go out and shot buffalo for more food. Anybody remember this one?

Hello,

Hopefully someone can help me, I am looking for a game which is similar or has the same style of gameplay like warcraft 3/age of empires. I remember playing it about 10 years ago or something. You get to create your own town which turns into a city and its a turned based game. I remember you can have like a pegasus and dragons and orcs (or something like an orc)in your army and you also have one champion which is a god in your army which has a ability or power (not sure). If someone could help me that would be great.

I got one. I think its for ps1.
You played as (I think) a character in a red suit with blonde hair. You had this ray gun kinda thing and many levels were in space.
Hopefully that's a good enough description because that's all I got!
Thanks!

Gan Zeiss:
There used to be this old robot fighting game that was very unpopular but very fun in my opinion. When you started, you have to choose ALL the body parts for your robot. The graphics weren't that great btw. After choosing, you will be matched with another robot and you have to defeat him or push him our of the arena. Once you win, you get on of the opponent parts.

That sounds like Battle Bots?

I remember a game where you play a blonde guy dressed in a black trench coat wearing black sunglasses. It takes place in the city at night, and you are going around the city being shot at by different thugs on the street. There was music playing in the background, and the character may have been a cop/detective? It must have been an older game because the graphics weren't particularly impressive, but it was a cool style.

I can't remember for the life of me what it was called. Any ideas please?

EDIT: I remember that the game begins where the character wakes up in the morgue and i think the title had shadow or dark in it.

Jblip:

Gan Zeiss:

That sounds like Battle Bots?

The robots are all like humans(heads, legs, arms) with two things floating next to it. The robots also could change their legs from serpent-tail, spider legs, tracks and running legs. You could change the color of the robot anytime and the game was held in space. No, its not Battle Bots.

EDIT : Found it! It was robo pit 2 :P.

morganva:
A game from 2000 or 2001 where you could chose between a cowboy, an indian, or a Mexican. Then you would build your population and also your fighters. You could only have 100 for your population. You had to have works to chop wood and people to grow crops. Also your fights could steal gold from the other teams. Trappers could go out and shot buffalo for more food. Anybody remember this one?

I think your game is called Wild Guns. It sounded interesting so I looked it up. Here is where I found it.
http://forum.bbgsite.com/thread/2/2/20090429/You_want_to_be_a_cowboy_Indian_or_Mexican-4dc10dc44f79c3713-1.html

browniealamode86:
So I was looking for a really old game. I don't remember much, but I remember it was like tanks. You joined a server, chose which creature you wanted to use (each had it's own power) and you would find an opponent and battle. The point was to shoot the opponent, or if you shot the landscape, it would break off, just like in tanks. The creatures looked similar to neopets/pokemon. Any ideas?

Gunbound?

I am trying so hard to find a game i played as a kid on the computer. from late 90's to early 2000's. Hard to explain but here is what i remember: Group of teenage explorers and they had some sort of flying yellow rectangle backpack companion; They were searching for 2 halves of a key and had to complete mini games from jungle creatures (monkeys, etc) in order to receive berries that could be used on the main puzzles to reach both key halves. very fun game and i wish so bad to know the name again! please help!

Pages PREV 1 . . . 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 . . . 751 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here