Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 . . . 808 NEXT

NEVERMIND: Found it! Its called Clue Finders!!!!!

Hello,

Hopefully someone can help me, I am looking for a game which is similar or has the same style of gameplay like warcraft 3/age of empires. I remember playing it about 10 years ago or something. You get to create your own town which turns into a city and its a turned based game. I remember you can have like a pegasus and dragons and orcs (or something like an orc)in your army and you also have one champion which is a god in your army which has a ability or power (not sure). If someone could help me that would be great.

I have a game in mind and cannot remember the name of it..

1) It's a pc game from the 90's, featuring only a red pac-man like character who has to eat his way around.

2) He has to eat these green microchip looking objects to move about... and ultimately devour all the tri-colored objects in order to complete each level (picture three mini grey ball bearings with three colored streaks surrounding them, the colors are red, blue and green)

3) He has to avoid the larger grey ball bearings cos they will crush him.

It is not any of the Pac-Man games nor is it Cool Spot...

Searching for an old PC game, presumably one that works on DOS:

- it is a simple strategy game; map layout and gameplay is similar to Shining Force
- dialogue is in Chinese
- all the characters are animals except for one, who is human and wields an axe
- some characters can use skill/magic
- has an anime art style
- I believe the first stage you start out with human, monkey, gorilla, fox, and you recruit a wolf at the end. You have an owl as your guidance.

Much appreciated to those who can help identify the game for me. I used to have it in a compilation (which has many Chinese games and games subbed in Chinese), but it got ended up being donated. The music and art style will forever be stuck in my head..

Toby Gorry:
there's a game i used to play i think it's on ps1 or ps2, you had to build weapons or stuff with blocks that you had to go out and collect. I just can't remember what it was called, can anyone help please?

I can help you with that one. That's Team Buddies for the PS1 :)

Jblip:
I remember a game where you play a blonde guy dressed in a black trench coat wearing black sunglasses. It takes place in the city at night, and you are going around the city being shot at by different thugs on the street. There was music playing in the background, and the character may have been a cop/detective? It must have been an older game because the graphics weren't particularly impressive, but it was a cool style.

I can't remember for the life of me what it was called. Any ideas please?

EDIT: I remember that the game begins where the character wakes up in the morgue and i think the title had shadow or dark in it.

Shadowrun for the SNES. Please note that the One for the genesis is a different game. Both consoles had a shadowrun game.

I'm trying find old game like 2001-2004. You are playing a man with sword or axe you can upgrade your armor and weapon. Its isometric.In the begining you kill green goblins like monkeys and they dropped grapes coins and etc. First you were outside of tavern or smth like that. You can spell magic. There were spiders and giants. I cant remember name please help.

k3nji:
Hello,

Hopefully someone can help me, I am looking for a game which is similar or has the same style of gameplay like warcraft 3/age of empires. I remember playing it about 10 years ago or something. You get to create your own town which turns into a city and its a turned based game. I remember you can have like a pegasus and dragons and orcs (or something like an orc)in your army and you also have one champion which is a god in your army which has a ability or power (not sure). If someone could help me that would be great.

i think its civilization(again i am not sure)

Spyros Stavropoylos:
OK I may be not very specific but i remember these scenes:At the start you have a man (with a sword i think( and you try to save a girl from a beast.The beast defeats you and takes the girl away.You defeat the beast later on.Sometime in the game you get captured and you fight with yourself.The final boss is like a giant snake and throw flames (or lazers) from the ground.PS1

Can someone help me with mine??I really really want it!!Its for ps1 and i remember playing it as a kid

coray123:
I'm trying find old game like 2001-2004. You are playing a man with sword or axe you can upgrade your armor and weapon. Its isometric.In the begining you kill green goblins like monkeys and they dropped grapes coins and etc. First you were outside of tavern or smth like that. You can spell magic. There were spiders and giants. I cant remember name please help.

Hi coray123. That sounds awfully a lot like Darkmere: The Nightmare's Begun. Hope that helped.

Elfman:

1) It's a pc game from the 90's, featuring only a red pac-man like character who has to eat his way around.

2) He has to eat these green microchip looking objects to move about... and ultimately devour all the tri-colored objects in order to complete each level (picture three mini grey ball bearings with three colored streaks surrounding them, the colors are red, blue and green)

Must be Supaplex.

Spyros Stavropoylos:

k3nji:
Hello,

i think its civilization(again i am not sure)

Doubt that it's any of the Civ's, they don't have fantasy stuff.
There could be a mod or game that uses the same engine that I don't know about though.

@k3nji

Could it be one of the earlier Heroes of Might and Magic games? They're fantasy strategy, and look something like this:

Spyros Stavropoylos:

Spyros Stavropoylos:
OK I may be not very specific but i remember these scenes:At the start you have a man (with a sword i think( and you try to save a girl from a beast.The beast defeats you and takes the girl away.You defeat the beast later on.Sometime in the game you get captured and you fight with yourself.The final boss is like a giant snake and throw flames (or lazers) from the ground.PS1

Can someone help me with mine??I really really want it!!Its for ps1 and i remember playing it as a kid

I can't think of a specific game, but it'll probably be listed here:

http://uk.gamespot.com/games.html?platform=6&category=Adventure+Games&type=games&mode=top&sort=views&sortdir=asc#

You could always try the action-adventure category as well.

Do you remember if your character levelled up, or was it more like Zelda where you get new items? Was it a platformer, or 3D, or top down? First or third person?

Coldie:

Elfman:

Must be Supaplex.

It is indeed Supaplex, Thanks So much!

Doomgriever:

browniealamode86:
So I was looking for a really old game. I don't remember much, but I remember it was like tanks. You joined a server, chose which creature you wanted to use (each had it's own power) and you would find an opponent and battle. The point was to shoot the opponent, or if you shot the landscape, it would break off, just like in tanks. The creatures looked similar to neopets/pokemon. Any ideas?

Gunbound?

That's it! Thank you so much! It was driving me nuts!

Mahmoud Alzawi:
Hey you guys, I really appreciate this thread... You see there was this ONE game in my childhood (Other than digimon) That I loved playing, but my brother destroyed the CD, I remmember quite a few things about the game, please help me find it.

I recall it was an singleplayer and multiplayer game. If you played singleplayer, you would start in a very big cave, and you would have a grapple hook, and if I remmember right, the character was blue all over, but that was also hard to see because of the darkness. There were a few people you could kill down there (I could never get past that place, being 5 years old and all) And on multiplayer, there was this big platform, where you could control your character, and make them run around, gather bonuses(Speed bonus etc) to help them anihilate the others, you couldn't play as the character from singleplayer, but I remmember this one guy. He had a staff, big gray wings, I dont think you could see his face, imagine magneto's helmet from X-men. And he had lazer shooting eyes.

If you recognize this game, Pleaaaase~ Tell me :3

Please take a look :l I really miss my game, it was my favourite (other than digimon) I really want to find it agin, if you have any reccomendations at all, please tell me :l or hints, anything really.

Jessica Owens:
Ok so i really don't remember much about this game as i was a little child when i played it for the last time. It has bothered me ever since with the last boss i defeated before my mother took it away from me.

So here is the explanation on the last thing i remember

You are running towards either a plane crash or a boat wrecked on land and chasing after the main villain who uses Wind Up Cranks to make anything become a monster set out to destroy your character. He has a poodle which follows him practically everywhere and when you catch up to him he turns and faces you setting the poodle down and jams one of the cranks into its back and turns it into a monstrosity that you must defeat and while you battle the poodle the villain runs away. As the poodle transforms the sky turns red and the ground turns black and then you watch as the poodle tears its skin and flashes of red come from him *now that i think of it, blood coming from the body* and then you must fight it.

As i said i was a small child when i played this and well i wanted to play it again. I was probably 6 to 8 years old and i am 18 now if that helps with the discovery of this game's identity. I remember it had a fight system like an early Final Fantasy game. Other than that i really don't remember. If this helps i am fixated that the main villain was a toymaker. As to anything else sorry i can't remember anything but fuzzy conversations with my brother and cousin.

Could it be Alundra 2, for PS1? ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBG45oWzXBo )( at around 1m he puts a crank in his "poodle" (cat))

Mahmoud Alzawi:

Mahmoud Alzawi:
Hey you guys, I really appreciate this thread... You see there was this ONE game in my childhood (Other than digimon) That I loved playing, but my brother destroyed the CD, I remmember quite a few things about the game, please help me find it.

I recall it was an singleplayer and multiplayer game. If you played singleplayer, you would start in a very big cave, and you would have a grapple hook, and if I remmember right, the character was blue all over, but that was also hard to see because of the darkness. There were a few people you could kill down there (I could never get past that place, being 5 years old and all) And on multiplayer, there was this big platform, where you could control your character, and make them run around, gather bonuses(Speed bonus etc) to help them anihilate the others, you couldn't play as the character from singleplayer, but I remmember this one guy. He had a staff, big gray wings, I dont think you could see his face, imagine magneto's helmet from X-men. And he had lazer shooting eyes.

Please take a look :l I really miss my game, it was my favourite (other than digimon) I really want to find it agin, if you have any reccomendations at all, please tell me :l or hints, anything really.

Since you didn't mention what platform it's on, i assumed it was PS1. So this might be a long stretch but..
There was a game called "Unholy War" which contained a Demo of "Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver". The Soul Reaver game is a Single Player game, where you start in a cave. The "Unholy War" is a Multi Player game where you fight on a platform, top down. The "Angel wizard" character is called "Angel" ( http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/392285-the-unholy-war-playstation-screenshot-angels.png )

So check out Unholy War, if that's what you're looking for! ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5--QjicUP5g )

Doomgriever:

Mahmoud Alzawi:

Mahmoud Alzawi:

Since you didn't mention what platform it's on, i assumed it was PS1. So this might be a long stretch but..
There was a game called "Unholy War" which contained a Demo of "Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver". The Soul Reaver game is a Single Player game, where you start in a cave. The "Unholy War" is a Multi Player game where you fight on a platform, top down. The "Angel wizard" character is called "Angel" ( http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/392285-the-unholy-war-playstation-screenshot-angels.png )

So check out Unholy War, if that's what you're looking for! ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5--QjicUP5g )

Thank you so much sir... Thank you so much..

Pajama:
Been searching for this game for ages now its an original xbox game a shooter this might of been the 1st level or just a demo level but it starts of on a snowy map with enemies then you go underground I think and you find this thing and then a zombie pops up or something ugh this might be a hard one its hard to remember because I was so young.

Timesplitters 2 (the map is called Siberia ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw2-jLuq0ME ))

Hey there!

Just joined and I'm really hoping someone can help me out. The game I am thinking of is for the computer. I'm fairly positive that it is an indie game made around 2005-2008 timeline.

The game consists of these little yellow men that you have to lead around a 3D world, well... You don't really lead them per say, you more or less choose what chore they are supposed to conduct first in order to progress the completion of the level. I think I remember one level had you trying to build a house but you had to do each individual chore in order or else the house couldn't be completed and you could beat the level. The game has different "Parts" to it as well (Part 1, Part 2, etc. etc.)
If anyone knows what the heck this game is, PLEASE let me know, it's totally fun.

Darks63:

Jblip:
I remember a game where you play a blonde guy dressed in a black trench coat wearing black sunglasses. It takes place in the city at night, and you are going around the city being shot at by different thugs on the street. There was music playing in the background, and the character may have been a cop/detective? It must have been an older game because the graphics weren't particularly impressive, but it was a cool style.

I can't remember for the life of me what it was called. Any ideas please?
EDIT: I remember that the game begins where the character wakes up in the morgue and i think the title had shadow or dark in it.

Shadowrun for the SNES. Please note that the One for the genesis is a different game. Both consoles had a shadowrun game.

OH MY GOD THANK YOU!!!!!
I remember the case with a horned skull now! :)
Forever in your debt! lol
Thank you!

Get ready for an odd one.

I remember a game that started like this:
You are a child (with black hair) who woke up during the night. You walked about your house and i remember three things.

1.When you entered your parents room, they were asleep and you could catch the Z's floating from them.

2.The child has a little black pet spider, and often you can find it roaming about and pick it up at different rooms.

3.In the children's bedroom, there was this mirror on the wall, and i believe you could walk through it to a different world/nightmare/place?

It was third person view, and wasn't a 2d game, it was similar to 40 winks.

I'm sorry I can't remember any more, this was 10 or 11 years ago...

Heya, 9 or 10 years ago I played this game, where one controlled a marble and had to go through all these puzzles. The music and level backgrounds were always really nice, and extra levels appeared for Easter and Xmas and such, with music, level backgrounds, and sometimes extra puzzle components, all to match whatever holiday the set of levels was for.

I can't remember it much, (I was diddy at the time! xD) but sometimes I had to move the marble onto these pressure plates to toggle these yellow and black striped door things to get to the exit. I don't think it was possible to die, but some levels I found really hard, and I was never able to finish the game. It was a 2D game, just looking flat down onto the puzzle, with lots of bright colours. I think it had moveable blocks too, and I know each level was a tricky puzzle. It was REALLY addictive xD.

I don't remember much more than that, but if anyone knows what the game is called I'd be SO happy, cause I've been wanting to regain it for a few years now, and I just started searching but I've tried most search terms I can think of now and still haven't found it! :/

I played this game on playstation one a long time ago, it was about a guy gets stranded don a ship, and has to deliver items to other players using an elevator and if you die with either character you must restart from your checkpoint. tehre are four distinct characters and it has a resident evil view and puzzles in it. you use all the character to progress through the story. The elevator is the main thing mainly in the game because you have to go to each floor to see each character and progress

UnicornCrazy:
Heya, 9 or 10 years ago I played this game, where one controlled a marble and had to go through all these puzzles. The music and level backgrounds were always really nice, and extra levels appeared for Easter and Xmas and such, with music, level backgrounds, and sometimes extra puzzle components, all to match whatever holiday the set of levels was for.

I can't remember it much, (I was diddy at the time! xD) but sometimes I had to move the marble onto these pressure plates to toggle these yellow and black striped door things to get to the exit. I don't think it was possible to die, but some levels I found really hard, and I was never able to finish the game. It was a 2D game, just looking flat down onto the puzzle, with lots of bright colours. I think it had moveable blocks too, and I know each level was a tricky puzzle. It was REALLY addictive xD.

I don't remember much more than that, but if anyone knows what the game is called I'd be SO happy, cause I've been wanting to regain it for a few years now, and I just started searching but I've tried most search terms I can think of now and still haven't found it! :/

Are you thinking of Marble blast>?

okay here we go :D i really wanna find this game but i remember very little

i played this game on PC about 9-11 years ago it was a full version game

the game was highly probably about a penguin

but game's name wasn't include penguin word i guess it was that penguin's name

was a platform-adventure game guess and it had very very good OST's (original soundtracks(songs that playing background while playing the game)) that sometimes i find out that im mumbling those OST's
but cant remember the game

i were goin to map to map and doing stuff i dont remember if i had a weapon though i remember huge bees in one map
and that map had most beautiful OST guess.

but i remember that game wasn't like childish (i mean you know :)) you could understand that from its OST's

i used to buying lots of magazines that gives game cd's but i dont remember if it was one of them cuz it was full game

now i remembered going to moon or something in game but not sure

thats all i can remember please help me :)))

apopleptic:

Metsox:
Glad i found this thread. I have been trying to remember a game I used to play back in the Nineties. It was a space mining game. The basic screen was just a bunch of different planets that you produced ore from. Just a screen filled with different planets. Some were bigger than others. (i.e. more productive I can't remember much else. Anyway, if anyone could jog my memory I would be really appreciative.

I found this post and I am trying to remember this game as well. It's possible I even still have it on a floppy disk somewhere. I would really like to play it again and it's been driving me mad. Please help.
It was mostly text based. There may have been minor pictures using ASCII. There was no visible movement.
You had to manually type in the coordinates you wanted to travel too, so you needed to keep track of where you found each planet or you could never get back to it to get what you had mined. I also feel like there was a limited amount of movements you could make, either fuel limitations, or time limitations.

Elite?

deming:
Alright, ive signed up only with hope of finding out what is my game. When I was younger I played a game on the PSone where you live in an old Japanese village. You are trying to find your friend when people just jump at you and need to reply with your katana. When you find your friend, whos name might be enzo or something, he's also berserk and you need to fight him too. I remember him wearing old japanese clothing and a straw basket on his head.
That is pretty much the only thing I remember...
Please, help me find my game

Is sounds similar to Tenchu 2, it was on ps1 and i played the hell out of it when i was a kid.

John D Hembruff:

Are you thinking of Marble blast>?

Just went and searched on it, it's not Marble blast. :/ It's a 2D game not a 3D game for a start xD.

UnicornCrazy:

Marble madness?

Here is one that i actually just finished searching in a freaking wiki list to finally find.

first off i first played it for free on Gametap, when they still did that. i never played it when it was new.

The game was a space trading and sim with several alien races lots of differant ships on each race that you could potentially by by doing merc work etc.you could hire barge ships and have them automatically trade goods, buying in one place and selling in another for a profit etc. there was decent combat and some of the ships hit carrier sizes, able to house several (up to 50 in some cases) of the small personal fighter ships like the one you start out with.

my experience with the game was kind of short but i went nuts with the console, i set up a fleet containing capitol ships from every race, taking the time to give them the top of the line weapons they could house as well as even decking out the carriers with full complements of fighters that were themselves fully decked out. eventually i guess i went to far with making that stuff because the game broke over gametap and it wouldnt play on my laptop again. Vista i guess, the only time something like that happened tho.

The story had you investigating odd encounters and discovering a alien race that controlled weird ships that seemed to be able to cluster into bigger ones, as well as large ships that had rotating spine like structures. i wont say i can honestly remember much about the story... looking at the wiki page pulls up barly vague memorys of that...

for me, the thing that has in many occaisons make me try and find this game was the open ended gameplay. you could trade, fight pirates or aliens, upgrade your single ship to a fleet that makes the battles in star wars look puny.. it was something i truely regretted being unable to forget the name.

now to be fair i have managed to find the game, finally finding it by searching the before mentioned list after finding a genre that most closely matched the game. it even on sale on steam both alone and bundled with its predecessors and sequels!

It took me 3-5 years to find this game again... untill i saw the screen shots of those familiar crafts i still couldnt remember the name..

X2: The Threat.... ya... i wasnt going to remember something like that anytime soon.

Batou667:

Marble madness?

Nah, it's not that either. :/ Don't forget, the game I'm looking for is a completely flat, 2D, looking down from above, colourful game.

Well I can't remember name of the game for PSX.Some things I can remember that you start like in some garage of a (hotel)?Then u can visit various floors(100)?I think either the name of the game or the company that produces it had Heart in it.

StaticLiam:
I got one. I think its for ps1.
You played as (I think) a character in a red suit with blonde hair. You had this ray gun kinda thing and many levels were in space.
Hopefully that's a good enough description because that's all I got!
Thanks!

Blasto!

A game from 2000 or 2001 where you could chose between a cowboy, an indian, or a Mexican. Then you would build your population and also your fighters. You could only have 100 for your population. You had to have works to chop wood and people to grow crops. Also your fights could steal gold from the other teams. Trappers could go out and shot buffalo for more food. Anybody remember this one?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 . . . 808 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here