Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 . . . 749 NEXT

Great thread! Alright, so I believe it was around 95-2000ish there was an arcade game I used to play quite often. It was a 4-player top down style party based RPG. I only found it in arcade places, don't think it was a PC or console game. It was more of a medieval time game, I remember playing as a knight, axe-guy, possibly wizard... conquering castles, finding chests of gold and upgrading your character as you went along with things you found and possibly purchase after each level. I've had zero luck finding the name of this game. And I'm curious if it's been ported to a current console.

nickbutera:
Great thread! Alright, so I believe it was around 95-2000ish there was an arcade game I used to play quite often. It was a 4-player top down style party based RPG. I only found it in arcade places, don't think it was a PC or console game. It was more of a medieval time game, I remember playing as a knight, axe-guy, possibly wizard... conquering castles, finding chests of gold and upgrading your character as you went along with things you found and possibly purchase after each level. I've had zero luck finding the name of this game. And I'm curious if it's been ported to a current console.

Being top-down, check out Gauntlet or one of its variations

Werekettle:

nickbutera:

Thanks for the idea. I checked them out, the game I'm thinking of wasn't computer graphic run like Gauntlet. The look and feel was more like Golden Axe, but in 3D and top down.

Ok guys help me out here. this game would be in the 90s - early 2000 era . I just played a demo . There were two levels . one involved shooting down alien spacecrafts in sunset ( you fired green lazer shots from a stationary tank in the ground ) and the other level had me playing an aerial vehicle doing some reconaissance sort of mission. It was similar to recoil I think , same era as Shogo and heavy gear 2 . PLease help ! It had good graphics for that era .

I have found my game <333 :D
WarGames Defcon 1 :D

I have found my game <333 :D
WarGames Defcon 1 :D

Awesome thread... but it's godawfully long at this point, no idea whether what I'm looking for has already been requested and found. Anyways, I remember playing a computer game on my old Acer sometime between 1995-1998, and I feel like this game had different gamemodes to it, but the one I remember was some sort of arena-based flying-moterbike type of vehicular combat, in which you had to kick your opponents off of their bikes. The best part of this game was that there was a button you could press that would literally make your character just bail off of his bike and automatically lose.

You can email me at maxt992@yahoo.com if it rings any bells.

Sounds like Road Rash.

HolyOther:
Okay, so I remember a game but I think it is either PS1, or PS2. PS1 seems to ring a bell, and I do not remember a lot about it, all I can definitely remember is that there were pink bears in it and you used bear traps. It was a 3D-ish game, similar graphics to Fable.

Sounds like Herdy Gerdy.

Skip to about 7:00 to see the pink bears.

Okay, I've got one I've struggled with for a LONG time. It was either in the early days of the PS1 or the later life of the Sega Genesis/Megadrive. It was a robot fighting game, one on one, with awesome robot designs and a cool dark blue kind of colour aesthetic. I wish I could remember more but that's about all I have.

If anyone's played One Must Fall 2097, it's not that. It reminds me a lot of it, but it's not that.

Hi everyone guys! I was surfing on Internet when suddenly I stepped into this topic. I thought I would give it a try, because it's been some year I have been trying to find a game without much success.

Ok, question:

When I was a kid I played a horizontal scroll game. The game had a greenish tint. The gun was light blue?? CAn't remember it exactly. In the levels you would be able to find trapped girls by vegetation (like in duke nukem). Do you need more info ?

The game was included inside a collection of games that included black stone, warcraft 2. So I guess that's the period.

Thanks for help

Edit: horizontal scroll doesn't mean the screen moved alone and you had to kill everything in a matter of time. It just had this "point of view". I mean, even if it was an horizontal scroll game, you could roam around the levels.

lawrencein:

HolyOther:
Okay, so I remember a game but I think it is either PS1, or PS2. PS1 seems to ring a bell, and I do not remember a lot about it, all I can definitely remember is that there were pink bears in it and you used bear traps. It was a 3D-ish game, similar graphics to Fable.

Sounds like Herdy Gerdy.

Skip to about 7:00 to see the pink bears.

I love you so God damn much. I offer you an Internet hug.

Sergio:
Hi everyone guys! I was surfing on Internet when suddenly I stepped into this topic. I thought I would give it a try, because it's been some year I have been trying to find a game without much success.

Ok, question:

When I was a kid I played a horizontal scroll game. The game had a greenish tint. The gun was light blue?? CAn't remember it exactly. In the levels you would be able to find trapped girls by vegetation (like in duke nukem). Do you need more info ?

The game was included inside a collection of games that included black stone, warcraft 2. So I guess that's the period.

Thanks for help

Edit: horizontal scroll doesn't mean the screen moved alone and you had to kill everything in a matter of time. It just had this "point of view". I mean, even if it was an horizontal scroll game, you could roam around the levels.

Halloween Harry / Alien Carnage?

amongalia:
Hey @ all

(first sorry for my bad english. its not my main language)

since a long time im looning for a RPG game that i played on PC some years ago (~ 4-8)

It had an isomatric perspective like Diablo and the main character was female.

You play a daughter of a king (leader) of a small village. At the beginning of the game you get told that your father is very ill and someone (i think i was the oncle) is telling you the story about a "great war" that your father fight in. And at the moment, when hes is talking, you have the chance to fight the final fight in that war as your father.

After all it is you first question to find an medicine for him. then you get back you notice the hes dead. But not because he was ill. He got poisoned. You decide to find who did that and take revenge. After your first journey you noticed that the next person is dead (oncle) and now youre alone to do that.

In this game you have the possibility to play in group up to 3 or 4 person (not player). you could equip all of them and skill them up.

The whole game was in a kind of samurai/dark age still or something.

It is an old game but is one of that kind there graphic doesnt matter. The story was awesome. It would be great when someone of you know that game and could tell me the title.

Gabriel (amongalia)

Hey guys please take a look, im looking for weeks again and cant find anything. I remember there was the word "evil", "devil" or "soul" in the title but im not sure. First i though there are not much rpgs with female main character but i just cant find it :(
please help.....

I've been plagued by a game that I believe is for the ps1. I think it came out in the mid to late 90's. It was an anime game, mech-based, in space (Mars or the moon, possibly). It had a horror vibe to it and midway though the game, your teammates turned into zombies and tried to kill you. I think one of the characters was a female named Stormy. If anyone could help with this it would be great appreciated. :-)

Thanks a lot funkabomb. That's the game I was looking for! :)

hi there!

first of all... i am from germany and i really hope you get the point of what i am typing here. i like this thread so much! i found lots of games so far! but there is one game i really miss!

you was flying in a little spaceship that looked like a single-coloured triangle. every fraction had its own colour. you were able to land on other planets to make its square in the middle to your colour. i think the target was to make all of the planets yours.

it's hard to desctibe! it was for windows 95 and it was on one of the wondows 95 cds i received with the system. hover and hellbender trial were also included to that cd.

i just made a picture of what i remeber in paint. well... i am not so professional in using paint...

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6384/bez6.png

i really hope you can help me! its really hard to find when not knowing the name of it.

thanks guys!

elevenfourteen

Hey guys!

This game was on the PC, it was a strategy game, similiar to Age of Empires.
As in my understanding, there was only 2 factions. Some western gun fighters, and some indians with bows and spears and that stuff, and the goal was to destroy the other faction.

There was a map were you could defend some building train tracks, and you won of you got the tracks to the other side of the map.

I have tried to find this game for months, but i just simply cant find it anywere! I got the game from a friend back in 2008 perhaps 09, but i have lost it :(

That is all i remember unfortunally, but all the help i can get is much appreciated!
- Kim Lund

nickbutera:

Werekettle:

nickbutera:

Thanks for the idea. I checked them out, the game I'm thinking of wasn't computer graphic run like Gauntlet. The look and feel was more like Golden Axe, but in 3D and top down.

Look and feel like Golden Axe ~ Dungeons and Dragons: Tower of Doom / Shadow over Mystara?
But in 3D (using 3D models and textures rather than 2D sprites) ~ Gauntlet Legacy / Gauntlet Legends?

I wonder about a ps1 game. It's a racing game, just like MarioCart, but instead of cars they are all racing in pirate ships.. The characters are looking kind of like walt disney figures or something like that. One of the courses is a haunted house. Sounds familiar to anyone?! Been searching for a long time now.

Something made me think of this game a few months ago and its been bugging me since. I'll give you what information I can but I'm not sure how accurate it will be.

Its a PC game and I'm sure it came out between 1995-2005.

I can remember it being a 2D (I think) isometric problem/puzzle and you played as a human on planet filled with aliens/bugs. By 2D isometric I mean it had a camera angle similar to that of Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale. I remember wasps or something similar.

There were different levels with different environments and had to use items you acquired to help you complete levels. I remember one level having to place grass seed (or something similar) to grow patches of grass to stop these aliens that couldn't walk on the grass.

I can't remember much else though I'm sure a first person 3D version of the game was made. I remember it being garbage compared to the 2D version.

Thanks in advance. Hopefully it will be enough information. But if you do need more I will wrack my brain for more memories.

JackiemX:
Hey all, I'm looking for a game, not really sure of the date. Might've played it 10+ years ago. Someone posted about it before, I couldn't find a reply to that post. Anyway,

It's a cooking game where you follow recipes and make milkshakes and stuff, and there are talking appliances, and then when you're done making the food you feed it to the dog. The dog is a small white dog with a red collar, possibly black ears. These details could be totally off, also. All of the appliances had faces and every once in a while they would sing(?). The entire game takes place in a possibly blue kitchen, no other scenes that I can remember.

It would be a huge help if anyone knew what this game was called, it's been bugging me for about a year. It's a CD-ROM game, if that helps, too.

Also, if anyone has a DL link for the old Math Blasters game that would be awesome too. The one with the ice level and the big green blob.

I literally posted this a year ago, hopefully I'll have better luck finding this game now. The dog's name was also Taste-test, and whenever you finished making food one of the appliances (either the fridge or the toaster) would yell out TAAAASTEEEE-TEEESSSSTTTT! really loudly, and the dog would come and inhale the food which you dumped into a red bowl on the floor.

I can't remember if I posted here, I could have sworn I did but it says I didn't so lets try this again-

In the mid - late nineties I played a game on the PC... It was a point and click adventure game in which you were these two "tweens" and you had to explore the jungle to find out why some of the water was turning into green goop? And you went into a town to enlist the help of some people and you had to translate things and you had to talk to the animals in the forest. It was just a series of puzzles. Like one there was a little bus for various colored worms and they had requests of who they did and didn't want to sit next to and you had to arrange them accordingly. Then, in the end, you puzzle your way through this temple and come to find some crazy guy (maybe your father?) doing... something evil.. and something happens and he falls down this bottomless abyss and.. all is right with the world I guess. I know it's not much to go on but I loved this game and if any one has any idea at all what it could be I'd appreciate it so much. If you need more details just ask and I'll answer all that I can. Thank you all so much.

horde5150:

nickbutera:

Werekettle:

Look and feel like Golden Axe ~ Dungeons and Dragons: Tower of Doom / Shadow over Mystara?
But in 3D (using 3D models and textures rather than 2D sprites) ~ Gauntlet Legacy / Gauntlet Legends?

checked em out, no go. :( It wasn't a Gauntlet game that's for sure, what I meant by Golden Axe was that the look wasn't computer graphics, it was more animated. Actually, the gameplay looks like League of Legends, except you're perusing through castles picking up chests as you go along to find loot. (I specifically remember these chests to find gold and loot) As far as i know, it was solely an arcade game. Thanks for the input!!

Ryank1908:
Okay, I've got one I've struggled with for a LONG time. It was either in the early days of the PS1 or the later life of the Sega Genesis/Megadrive. It was a robot fighting game, one on one, with awesome robot designs and a cool dark blue kind of colour aesthetic. I wish I could remember more but that's about all I have.

If anyone's played One Must Fall 2097, it's not that. It reminds me a lot of it, but it's not that.

Rise of the Robots, perhaps?

Looking for an old pc game from the late 90s that might have been on other platforms but I only remember being on the pc. From what I could remember the game consisted of driving around on an hoverbike and trying to knock the riders off of other hoverbikes. There were poles on the course you could use to attach a wire to turn yourself at high speed or try and knock the other rider off.

Just spent an hour looking thorugh old PC Gamer magazines looking for it after I had no luck with Google so if anyone remembers the name of it, I'd be grateful.

HI there so the game im looking for which i dont remember the name at all, i think its from the 1990's or so ok details are:

1.Its cars
2.Green Brackround, the whole gameplay is green(even the cars)(like cars on the moon with lots of craters)
3.you can shoot bombs missiles etc
4.camara angle is like you are in a high building and see cars fighting and stuff(you get my point right?)(kinda like Majesty : The Fantasy kingdom sim 1,2 camara angle)
5. and i think(I THINK)it was online/offline too
6.Also the game is not about racing at all,its about editing ur car and running around the craters until u find another car and fight to the death...

so ive been searching for this along time i hope you guys can help!

Mine isnt that old and in fact was on the PS3, BUT IT IS KILLING ME, I can;t remember its name. It's an FPS there are select-able classes one of them is the Black Op he can teleport, then there is one who has dual wield and a jetpack, if anyone can help me then THANKS.

RaptorTheGreat:
Mine isnt that old and in fact was on the PS3, BUT IT IS KILLING ME, I can;t remember its name. It's an FPS there are select-able classes one of them is the Black Op he can teleport, then there is one who has dual wield and a jetpack, if anyone can help me then THANKS.

Section 8?

Siw Granberg:
I wonder about a ps1 game. It's a racing game, just like MarioCart, but instead of cars they are all racing in pirate ships.. The characters are looking kind of like walt disney figures or something like that. One of the courses is a haunted house. Sounds familiar to anyone?! Been searching for a long time now.

In Lego Racers one or two of the characters had pirate ship themed cars, and there was a haunted house track... bit tenuous, but that might be it!

Does anyone recognise this game? Can't remember the title of it! D:

Dark Lantern:

Martian Gothic http://www.activewin.com/reviews/software/games/m/images/martian_gothic_3.jpg

Doomgriever:

Dark Lantern:

Martian Gothic http://www.activewin.com/reviews/software/games/m/images/martian_gothic_3.jpg

Cheers! Looking for it for a while now!

90s educational point-and-click computer game. from what i can remember, you followed the story of a scientist and his assistant on an island. you started in his science lab and traveled to different parts of the island (a spaceship, a coliseum, the jungle, a castle). i also remember that you could create a creature by evolving it in his science lab (sort of an evolution chamber), and that creature could fight in the coliseum. there was also a part where you built a catapult and launched this eccentric scientist through a castle window. the assistant was shrunk at one point, so you had to analyze carpet fibers to find out where she was. the scientist carried around a device (i think it was called a pda at the time). the last thing i can remember was a puzzle that involved changing the wind direction to help move a hot air balloon around the island.

help please?

z3tzilla:

Ryank1908:

Rise of the Robots, perhaps?

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

It is. You nailed it. I cannot thank you enough.

Although now I'm a little sad that my favourite childhood game is apparently critically reviled, but, whatever. Thanks a lot man!

Pages PREV 1 . . . 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 . . . 749 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here